Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

outfits

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    other explain please
    I make multiple outfits for most of the categories, but do change some of them now and again when I get bored of them.
  • Options
    jprich99jprich99 Posts: 39 Member
    other explain please
    For my main sims I have at least 3 versions of each type of outfit. They change depending on whats going on that day.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    keep same one or five all gameplay
    Movotti wrote: »
    I fill most of the categories with outfits, and my sims dress themselves. It can be quite hilarious at times, as I use my sims for modelling comps, and so some of the outfits are a little extreme.
    Oh my gosh. You have just explained why my inactive sims keep changing to random outfits. I just assumed that if you only made one outfit per category, that would be what they would wear. It didn’t occur to me that they would improvise if I didn’t fill up all the outfits per category. Well shoot. Now I’ve got to go around every household and give them the same outfit 5 times for each category.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,676 Member
    other explain please
    I very happily choose their outfits with care. I have to like it. In fact, as a Sim ages up, I generally whisk the entire family into cas.fulleditmode and change the newest Sims' wardrobe. Sometimes, I'll make minor changes to the others, too. However, in reality, since I have my own personal favorites, I don't change their clothing every day. Not enough time in a Sim day to do that. But, and this is a big BUT, if I see that a Sim is constantly wearing or has worn a particular outfit for too many days for my liking (as in I'm growing bored seeing it) I will stop them and change it out for another one.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I keep them until age up. So for most of the game I run the same 1-5 outfits. But when a teen becomes an adult I design new more mature clothes. Same when entering retirement.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    other explain please
    I usually have one per category but I change all outfits when the next season starts. Everyday clothing in summer is radically different from everyday clothing in winter. Occasionally I do have secondary outfits in case of weddings or costume parties or specific holidays, but I only allow my Sims to wear those for the event.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
    My sister makes 5 outfits for every category but I make a couple for every day and maybe sleepwear because I want my sims to have outfits with short, a dress etc
    hope you all are smiling x
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    other explain please
    I make 5 everyday, warm and cold outfit for all my sims, while 2-4 outfits in the other categories. The sims I’m playing changes outfit everyday. When they have worn all 5 everyday outfits I make new ones. The other categories changes when I feel like it. I love dressing sims o:):)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    other explain please
    I'm not sure that I understand the question, but I usually don't touch the game-generated outfits unless they're outrageous.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    Most of the time I give them 2-5 outfits in the Everyday category and 1 or 2 in the other categories, and mostly leave them alone from there, but now I have weather to contend with I've started to change that, by making sure their outfits are weather-appropriate. I think most of the time everyday and the other non-weather categories will be changed to lighter clothing in the spring and heavier in the autumn for played sims so they don't end up going jogging in shorts in winter, or wear full length pajamas in the height of summer.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    other explain please
    I start them with 5 outfits in Everyday, Hot Weather and Cold Weather (the other categories tend to get a single outfit) but I do change them up when we get new content. or when they age up to Adult from YA and I feel they should have a more mature look. In my current save I'm working to have my family unlock all the career outfits so I'll have access to everything when dressing my Sims in that household. (Haven't decided if that includes the GTW careers.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    other explain please
    I very happily choose their outfits with care. I have to like it. In fact, as a Sim ages up, I generally whisk the entire family into cas.fulleditmode and change the newest Sims' wardrobe. Sometimes, I'll make minor changes to the others, too. However, in reality, since I have my own personal favorites, I don't change their clothing every day. Not enough time in a Sim day to do that. But, and this is a big BUT, if I see that a Sim is constantly wearing or has worn a particular outfit for too many days for my liking (as in I'm growing bored seeing it) I will stop them and change it out for another one.

You don't have to go into fulleditmode to change a Sims wardrobe; you can use any closet (GT), dresser or mirror. You nnly need fulledit if you're changing a Sim's body type or body features (like giving them new eye color or make their nose bigger, stuff like that).

I'll change their clothing when I remember, but just within the five outfits I've set using Plan Outfits; if they shower in the morning I go with whatever comes up unless I have special plans (I tend to dress my gardening Sim in her work outfit even when she works from home). When I remake townies they only get three outfits in Everyday, and Hot/Cold weather, so still some variation but less work.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    other explain please
    For the most part I leave the same outfit until they age up but sometimes I will give my Sims makeovers and change their outfit
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    other explain please
    I max out each category. BUT, here is where there is a bug they need to fix. They don't always change into the multiple outfits you pick. I have to keep having to change them manually.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    other explain please
    I make 5 of each kind and my Sims picks from all the ones I have assigned them. They change on their own. I play in rotation but jump around a bit randomly to different households in my rotation - depending on what their story is. Everytime I return to a household I pick them whole new wardrobes - with 5 of each kind - as I am not fond of my sims wearing the same 25 outfits all the time. I vary it up a lot. The only clothes I don't change the 5 of are the the weather outfits. I picked 5 warm and 5 cold outfits for now. I may vary them up eventually if we get more warm and cold weather clothing eventually.

For certain special occasions - like a wedding attendance - I may pick a different outfit if my 5 formal outfits are not very wedding worthy for a guest. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    other explain please

When creating a sim, they will have 3-5 choices for each outfit type. (Except toddlers, they get 1 outfit for each dress type)
    Everyday they shower they decide their own outfit.
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    other explain please
    I like to make a few different outfits in the everyday category and let the game pick which they wear. BUT I make all the outfits match different moods that they might have. For example. I'll make one really pretty outfit with nice hair and makeup; if they pick that outfit that day they are having a "good hair day" and they go out to the bars or take pics of themselves. But if they pick sweatpants and cozy sweaters they are having a lazy day and will stay at home and order pizza or whatever. It's a fun way to spice up the game for me. I usually change them up as they age too. So you don't end up with granny wearing a tube top to your wedding.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    other explain please

If I'm in a hurry when I'm creating a sim, I just give them one outfit in each category but then add more here and there as needed/wanted. But usually, I give them multiple, season-appropriate outfits for each category. One thing I've done consistently since Sims 3 is to give all my sims a few sets of comfy, lounge-around-the-house clothes that I change them into when they come home from work - like, sweatpants and a t-shirt and socks. Earlier, it was storming in my sim's world and they got wet coming in from work, so I had them take a shower and put on their lounge-around clothes. It was still storming outside, and I had them make popcorn and sit on the couch and watch a movie. They were so happy and I don't know why, but it made me feel happy too, lol.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    other explain please
    I dont change their outfits daily, but I do change them. I always start with one or two in each category, then add and subtract as the mood strikes. If I'm tired of an outfit, I remove it.

Sometimes a sim will have their original outfit until elder age, but that's not too often. I try to dress my sims based on their "age" and personality. Men, though, dont get new clothes as often.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    other explain please
    I make 1-5, but change them once sims ages up, or if the story line needs style change of the sim.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    other explain please
    I change their clothes when aging randomises them (Toddler, Child, Teen birthdays) and again to something more mature when they age to adults.

I feel Teen/YA wear about the same thing and Adults/Elders dress a bit more maturely (unless they are a "mutton dressed as lamb" character).
  • Options
    irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    other explain please
    I usually make the max in everyday and a few in the others. I then also let the game pick what one they wear. Only time I choose is if the outing calls for it.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    other explain please
    My standard is one outfit per category but depending on the situation I may make them another outfit to wear. In my current save my couple owns a shop so I have added a work attire to their everyday. When they went on their honey moon to Selvadorada I set up an outdoorsy outfit for their everyday and hot weather both the same set, spooky day I made them costumes in their party attire and for their wedding I added a set to their formal.

I also delete sets once their purpose has been served so I won't have to deal with them accidentally changing into them.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    other explain please
    One evening I logged on to play and decided to alter my townies a bit. I ended up super immersed and spent over 4 hours altering them a bit and setting them with multiple outfits. When I was finished I decided to switch to play mode for a bit before I went to bed. Upon clicking the live mode button my game froze. And since I didn’t save at all I lost everything.

So now I’m back to basic 1 outfit mode. I haven’t been able to bring myself back to doing all that work again.
  • Options
    YSEAMAYSEAMA Posts: 4 New Member
    I usually pick 5 and leave them as is. I think there was only one time where I actually got my sims to change daily :)