outfits

I was curios how many people make 5 outfits and leave them like that for the game or do you change them daily?

outfits 176 votes

change daily at the dresser
6%
Bagoas77Treebrookefallenangel66Emo-usagi2187ChelleyJayDeKayfewlinesbirdonawireSimTresaCupcakeyorkies79Loftyy 11 votes
keep same one or five all gameplay
49%
icmnfrshCamaroSycopaChicKita5399Erja888aprilrosedreamergrl84AlexaiColorist40applefeather2RebeccaJeanine71StrangerthanfadingaudioBeardedgeekAnmirlaMariefoxprice83SerraNolwenhihi122122natasha93cchant86slamonda 87 votes
other explain please
44%
GalacticGalIceyJWritin_Regvik92Thunderbat87elanorbretonkokoro80simgirl1010gingergirl_tDJQ1308robyngravesLadyDecafleetammeloubylouloustilljustme2KirbySkywalkerLizzychicagomitchiebanjoKim5496marberg 78 votes

Comments

• ShinzenShinzen Posts: 184 Member
    other explain please
    oh goodness, I wouldn't be able to keep up with changing them every day. Personally, I keep a set out outfits until the season changes or I get bored of them. Usually I keep the sleep outfits the same the whole time. So I change them a few times, but not often.
    div26.gif

Heya! I'm Vincent and I'm a fan of The Sims 4 and everything gothic.
  • hyrulerosehyrulerose Posts: 470 Member
    other explain please
    I usually keep the same 5 outfits until they age up, to show the sim's style changing as they mature.
    hyrulerose on the gallery
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 15,688 Member
    other explain please
    Well...normally I make 1 outfit but I change it throughout the gameplay.
    j0MpgSD.gif
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 1,295 Member
    other explain please
    I make multiple outfits per category at the start and let the game decide what my sim wears.
  • MetaphasicMetaphasic Posts: 278 Member
    other explain please
    I change them up occasionally, but not every day. Like, Drucilla, my vampteen, changes when a phase hits her. Things like that. Or when I get an inspiration from some show or movie.
    Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 289 Member
    other explain please
    I usually choose all five outfits and then let the sim decide what to wear. I change outfits when they age up. I sometimes also change outfits in the middle of the an age group to make them feel as though they have aged slightly.
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 753 Member
    I just make 1 or 2 outfits per category and leave it at that. Occasionally I’ll add or change outfits when they age up.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 165 Member
    other explain please
    I don't change daily, but I will pick several everyday outfits and alternate between them during the week.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 1,474 Member
    other explain please
    I was curios how many people make 5 outfits and leave them like that for the game or do you change them daily?

I only have one or two outfits for each category because I already have four sims, so constant clothing changes in one category- i.e. everyday wear- means a lot of laundry. Lol.
    Origin ID
    Hillybeth29
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 1,104 Member
    other explain please
    Some outfit types get more than one, some (PJs, swimwear, undies) get only one. Once the wardrobe is set I usually just let the sim decide unless I'm going for a particular look for a specific location/activity.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 812 Member
    I only have 1 per category because I am too lazy to change them. I only change them when it fits the current storyline, like someone getting a makeover or something, but I never have more than 1 outfit per category.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 6,427 Member
    other explain please
    I fill most of the categories with outfits, and my sims dress themselves. It can be quite hilarious at times, as I use my sims for modelling comps, and so some of the outfits are a little extreme.

giphy.gif
    I'm getting closer... all the time
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 517 Member
    other explain please
    I change whenever I feel bored.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety
    Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited August 7
    other explain please
    I change their outfits depending on what's going on in their story. Usually I make the 5 outfits have a few different swatches of the same clothes, maybe also hats a/o sunglasses for when they are outside.
  • February11February11 Posts: 6,972 Member
    other explain please
    Shinzen wrote: »
    oh goodness, I wouldn't be able to keep up with changing them every day. Personally, I keep a set out outfits until the season changes or I get bored of them. Usually I keep the sleep outfits the same the whole time. So I change them a few times, but not often.

Same here :)
    2j5nwxs.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 8,948 Member
    edited August 7
    other explain please
    My sims change daily but I don't use the dresser.

I select 5 outfits for each category. When selecting outfits in Plan Outfits I select one outfit that falls within the category then remove the filters so everything is available. I'll select one formal, one party, one athletic, one swimwear, one sleep, then 4 regular outfits in those categories. So my sims basically have 40 outfits to rotate through. My sims shower or bathe at night so I just click on the sim each morning and select an outfit for the day.
    The less you respond to negative people the more peaceful your life will become.

Get Famous Giveaway
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949653/giveaway-get-famous/p1
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 697 Member
  • luimistelijaluimistelija Posts: 2,902 Member
    other explain please
    My typical sim would have three everyday outfits and 1-2 of all the others. I change them when sims age up, I get bored, get a new pack or just feel like it. Changing the outfits to suit the seasons sounds lovely, but can not be done in rotational play. I may try it if I return to my legacy challenge save one day.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 553 Member
    other explain please
    I make one Everyday outfit and just switch it out either when I feel like it or if something "major" happens in the game. New house, new kid, etc.
  • AineAine Posts: 1,895 Member
    edited August 7
    other explain please
    I make 5 outfits, and I change now and then, sometimes several times on the same day, sometimes every other day etc. Sims will autonomously switch between their outfits in my game. I update outfits now and then in cas when I get tired of them.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
  • Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 106 Member
    other explain please
    Sometimes I give them a makeover when I get bored of their outfits. And I always change their outfits when they age up.
    My Origin is evelynin. :-)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 2,670 Member
    other explain please
    I only usually have one outfit per category and I change the sleep and everyday ones at the start of each new play session. I change the formal and partywear ones after every outing my sims have when they wear them. I rarely change the swimming costumes.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 339 Member
    I have too many saves and sims to make 5 outfits in most categories. They all have 1 outfit, and I change it up whenever I feel like it, or when big things happen. Like having kids, aging up, turning vampire. Vampire Dark form is also the exact same as normal. I just give them fangs, but keep the rest.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    other explain please
    I usually have 2-3 outfits for my male sims and 3-5 for the females. I used to change them as sims lives progressed but now I change them seasonally.
  • ami123ami123 Posts: 31 Member
    I only ever change outfits when my sims age up - definitely could not be bothered to change them every day