Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: Unfinished Business

Comments

• Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,748 Member
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Interesting to note that the two main houses in the Potterverse (aka Gryffindor and Sytherin) both have three members and the two less notable houses (aka Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff) both have four members.

Hell ya! Gryffindor is totes overrated.
  • Options
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    Never thought I needed a High School Musical-Harry Potter mash-up like that, but clearly I did.

Draco is the perfect Troy...

That reminds me of some parody songs about the Hogwarts houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjVXzI2g4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2izAotP9go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOxwo8TUQok

I used to love those guys. I'm pretty sure they responded to my tumblr post once, and I was so excited.

That's pretty cool! I get excited when that stuff happens to me too. I think the most notable was when Adam Klein (survivor player) responded to one of my comments on Youtube.
    And those videos certainly are... interesting. :lol:
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,684 Member
    edited July 2018
    Turner wrote: »
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    Never thought I needed a High School Musical-Harry Potter mash-up like that, but clearly I did.

Draco is the perfect Troy...

That reminds me of some parody songs about the Hogwarts houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjVXzI2g4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2izAotP9go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOxwo8TUQok

I used to love those guys. I'm pretty sure they responded to my tumblr post once, and I was so excited.

That's pretty cool! I get excited when that stuff happens to me too. I think the most notable was when Adam Klein (survivor player) responded to one of my comments on Youtube.
    And those videos certainly are... interesting. :lol:

Nick from Aus Survivor Season 1 wished me luck and gave me advice in a PM over Twitter for my applications this year ^^
  • Options
    Noice! I don't know who this Nick is but he sounds like a cool dude. :lol:
    And he actually gave you advice too?? :hushed: Wow.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,806 Member
    Just saw the moon - but it's cloudy here, so it's just a barely visible red blurry circle instead of a glorious moon. :anguished:

That's what happened in the states last August. There was a rare solar eclipse but because of how cloudy/foggy it was, couldn't see a thing. Very disappointing. :disappointed:

Next time I will follow it and get a good front row seat. :p

I got to see it. It was pretty cool. I used my phone because I didn't get glasses soon enough. lol
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I'm still getting questions here and there about the game, so hopefully the random list below will clarify some things for everyone:

There is only 1 major rule to this game:
    1) Do not communicate about the game with anyone who's been eliminated. Especially about suspects or any recent or past quiz answers. This is a big no-no!

*A tie for lowest score on the quiz is broken by the average of their previous quiz scores. A tie at the end of the game is broken by whoever put the Mole on their top 3 ranking the most (there's some math to it as well, of course). If there's still a tie, I will look at quiz score average instead.

*The season will be 20 episodes long, with 10 missions and 10 executions. The first execution will eliminate two players, and 4 players will go into the finale. Meaning there will be no more double eliminations after this first one.
    We will likely be finishing the season in December/January.

*Secret Questions: I will make 5 more secret/personal/private questions midway through the season, and will continue to have one question per quiz, which will always be the FIRST question (in this first quiz's case, it was "What is the Mole's favorite season?"... You will not see that question again until the final quiz, which is dubbed "The Test")

*A coalition is the same thing as an alliance. A mission is the same thing as a challenge. An exemption is the same thing as immunity or safety.
    "Coalition", "mission", and "exemption" are terms coined from the actual show The Mole. Exemption is spelled exemption and not exception. :p It means you are exempt from taking the quiz. And it's awkward to use the word "mission" to describe challenges in other shows, unless it's spy-themed or similar to the mole. Challenges in Big Brother and Survivor-esque shows are NOT called missions. :lol: It sounds really weird to me. They are called challenges or whatever the host of that individual show calls them

*An exemption, if earned, will automatically be used in the following quiz. Someone recently asked me if it was possible to give their exemption to someone else, and the answer is yes, you may. Both parties must agree to it, however (which I imagine shouldn't be too hard for the receiving party lol).
    No one has asked this before, so I thought I'd share that, even though I doubt this will become a recurring thing.

*I expect everyone to participate in every mission [unless of course something comes up and you are busy].
    This season, I will not hesitate to give strikes to people who consistently don't participate enough. You not participating makes you harder to read, which is unfair to the other players who are actually investing their time into this game.
    (A strike is a -1 on your next quiz, and you will be told if you have any before taking it)

If you're still unsure about something, please do not hesitate to ask me or a fellow player.
    Post edited by Turner on
  • Options
    Sorry if that seemed a little ranty, lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Just saw the moon - but it's cloudy here, so it's just a barely visible red blurry circle instead of a glorious moon. :anguished:

That's what happened in the states last August. There was a rare solar eclipse but because of how cloudy/foggy it was, couldn't see a thing. Very disappointing. :disappointed:

Next time I will follow it and get a good front row seat. :p

I got to see it. It was pretty cool. I used my phone because I didn't get glasses soon enough. lol

Was it just partial for you or full?

I was planning on using my phone too, then the clouds settled in..... Needless to say I ended up with a really good grey photo, I'm sure Taiha would love it. :lol:
    Post edited by Turner on
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,790 Member
    From Turner's Mole:
    *A coalition is the same thing as an alliance. A mission is the same thing as a challenge. An exemption is the same thing as immunity or safety.
    "Coalition", "mission", and "exemption" are terms coined from the actual show The Mole. Exemption is spelled exemption and not exception. :p It means you are exempt from taking the quiz. ***And it's awkward to use the word "mission" to describe challenges in other shows, unless it's spy-themed or similar to the mole, like Jetset***. Challenges in Big Brother and Survivor-esque shows are NOT called missions. :lol: It sounds really weird to me. They are called challenges or whatever the host of that individual show calls them

Error detected
    Jetset also uses the term Challenge. And it's always capitalised. Same goes for Clue, Immunity and Assassin. Handy behind the scenes thing. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Well, there you go. So even less reason to throw around the word "mission". :p

You can call my missions challenges too, I just think it's weird when someone asks "When's the next mission?" on a show like Jake's Survivor-themed one.
  • Options
    bgkubbgkub Posts: 418 Member
    I'm still getting questions here and there about the game, so hopefully the random list below will clarify some things for everyone:

There is only 1 major rule to this game:
    1) Do not communicate about the game with anyone who's been eliminated. Especially about suspects or any recent or past quiz answers. This is a big no-no!

*A tie for lowest score on the quiz is broken by the average of their previous quiz scores. A tie at the end of the game is broken by whoever put the Mole on their top 3 ranking the most (there's some math to it as well, of course). If there's still a tie, I will look at quiz score average instead.

*The season will be 20 episodes long, with 10 missions and 10 executions. The first execution will eliminate two players, and 4 players will go into the finale. Meaning there will be no more double eliminations after this first one.
    We will likely be finishing the season in December/January.

*Secret Questions: I will make 5 more secret/personal/private questions midway through the season, and will continue to have one question per quiz, which will always be the FIRST question (in this first quiz's case, it was "What is the Mole's favorite season?"... You will not see that question again until the final quiz, which is dubbed "The Test")

"Coalition", "mission", and "exemption" are terms coined from the actual show The Mole. Exemption is spelled exemption and not exception. :p It means you are exempt from taking the quiz. And it's awkward to use the word "mission" to describe challenges in other shows, unless it's spy-themed or similar to the mole, like Jetset. Challenges in Big Brother and Survivor-esque shows are NOT called missions. :lol: It sounds really weird to me. They are called challenges or whatever the host of that individual show calls them

*An exemption, if earned, will automatically be used in the following quiz. Someone recently asked me if it was possible to give their exemption to someone else, and the answer is yes, you may. Both parties must agree to it, however (which I imagine shouldn't be too hard for the receiving party lol).
    No one has asked this before, so I thought I'd share that, even though I doubt this will become a recurring thing.

*I expect everyone to participate in every mission [unless of course something comes up and you are busy].
    This season, I will not hesitate to give strikes to people who consistently don't participate enough. You not participating makes you harder to read, which is unfair to the other players who are actually investing their time into this game.
    (A strike is a -1 on your next quiz, and you will be told if you have any before taking it)

If you're still unsure about something, please do not hesitate to ask me or a fellow player.

Well this clarifies a lot of things, very well written, and if I don't understand things, I will definitely pm you about anything that has me puzzled.
    Just one of THOSE days!
    source.gif
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    I've made the test for Indigo, this is the result :)

You Are 38% Ravenclaw, 26% Hufflepuff, 26% Gryffindor, and 10% Slytherin!

You definitely belong in Ravenclaw, but you have a kindness that sets you apart from most. While some Ravenclaws can be seen as slightly haughty or intimidating, your Hufflepuff side means you are more approachable, and therefore have an easier time making friends. Despite your softness, you find it easy to detach yourself from emotional situations and give objective viewpoints, making you the perfect person to go to for advice.

Your slight compatibility with Gryffindor house hints at an underlying desire for adventure that may manifest itself in a love of travel or trying new things.

c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    And I've made the test for myself and I'm something else…
    You Are 38% Hufflepuff, 30% Ravenclaw, 18% Gryffindor, and 14% Slytherin!

You belong in Hufflepuff without question, but your Ravenclaw-esque appreciation for knowledge means your many friends come to you when they need advice from someone with a level head. While you enjoy any kind of learning, working as part of a team is where you truly thrive. You are an excellent collaborator, and understand that communication with others is an essential part of learning and, more importantly, growing as a person.

Your slight compatibility with Gryffindor house hints at an underlying desire for adventure that may manifest itself in a love of travel or trying new things.
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    Alrighty, I'll make the necessary adjustments in the ep. Her original sort could later be proven wrong when she accomplishes something Ravenclaw worthy. I already have an idea:)
  • Options
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    While some Ravenclaws can be seen as slightly haughty or intimidating

That's strangely so accurate for the people in there. Tamela? Check. Throvan? Check. Artie? Check. Shayne? Check! ✔

• Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,874 Member
    I'm not sure if Kaitlin is Gryffindor or not, but it does helps that the room isn't over crowded... So hopefully she won't go sleep outside.... But she hopes there is a place where she can retreat to if things get too overwhelming... ;)
  • Options
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    While some Ravenclaws can be seen as slightly haughty or intimidating

That's strangely so accurate for the people in there. Tamela? Check. Throvan? Check. Artie? Check. Shayne? Check! ✔

I don't know how tall Tamela and Shayne are supposed to be, but both Throvan and Artie are the tallest contestants this season, so in a literal way that makes sense. :p
    Banner.png
  • Options
    bgkubbgkub Posts: 418 Member
    @Turner just remember that Kenneth is a party animal of sorts wink wink so he could be Gryffindor or an overly friendly Hufflepuff. Of course I took the same quiz for myself and it put me in Hufflepuff I just love people to much, sometimes to my own undoing. I just want to see everyone happy and healthy. Oh and to make sure everyone has a good healthy appetite, I LOVE FOOD!!! :D:D:D
    Just one of THOSE days!
    source.gif
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member

I am guessing that there is no tie in the first Mole quiz.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Unless there is a two-way and you decided to execute both players.

What will happen if there is a three-way tie?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Probably look at the rankings...unless all three didn't have the mole in their rankings/ranked the mole the same. Then it gets a bit hairy...
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Probably look at the rankings...unless all three didn't have the mole in their rankings/ranked the mole the same. Then it gets a bit hairy...

Cage fight versus Professor Lupin as a tie-breaker? :joy:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    To be honest, all five of us have decided to have the same answers and the same rankings as everybody else.

There will be a five-way tie at the Mole quiz.

(Kidding by the way)
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Cage fight versus Professor Lupin as a tie-breaker? :joy:
    To be honest, all five of us have decided to have the same answers and the same rankings as everybody else.

(Kidding by the way)

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE THREE
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited July 2018

(Kidding by the way)

Reminds me of that one time we actually did that during a bingo game in French class, to learn the French numbers. The teacher got a slight heart attack of the too-loud "BINGO!!" choir. XD
    Banner.png