Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims 4 Endgame?

Comments

• Options
    BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    No
    I voted no. I think as long as they keep selling enough games it will be around. Cats and Dogs was a huge seller. I'm not fond of the mobile versions, I feel they are too limiting and prohibitively expensive in the long run. The last iteration of Sim City was a disaster. I think there comes a point in a game series where the question is what to do next. If they can come out with something more novel or interesting that will keep people buying games or not. If there is ever a Sims 5 I hope the developers listen to the gamers as to what they really want and just don't rehash the same stuff over and over again, because then it would just become boring. I didn't even scratch the surface of all the possibilities of the Sims 3; with the Sims 4 I probably am not getting the most out of it because of lack of documentation and guides to help to access all the features and not just find things by trial and error.
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Id say we cant know.
    But PR is doing a horrible job if so many people think the game is dead.
    In Sims 3 they released an EP and right away announced they are working on the next one. There was no Gap of several months where you didnt know if anything is happening at all. Actually most people only buy addons if they know there is alot more coming as one pack alone will not make the game complete. They could announce they have atleast 5/6 EPs X GPs and X SPs planned and end all this uncertanity about how much content the game will get. (Yes people will be unhappy if they might not do as planned but i cant think of people beeing happier when they stop developing the game without releasing a plan beforehand)

Sims 4 is suffering alot under a handfull of bad design and PR decisions they stick to like the holy grail. You gotta feed your cashcow or not even the strongest milking machine would do any good.
    Actually i do hope the cash they make from console ports and handy port will go into a new flagship Sims 5 to bring the brand back on top. Its likely not going towards sims 4 as they keep reducing the staff, activity and what not.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    No
    Nelus wrote: »
    Id say we cant know.
    But PR is doing a horrible job if so many people think the game is dead.
    In Sims 3 they released an EP and right away announced they are working on the next one. There was no Gap of several months where you didnt know if anything is happening at all. Actually most people only buy addons if they know there is alot more coming as one pack alone will not make the game complete. They could announce they have atleast 5/6 EPs X GPs and X SPs planned and end all this uncertanity about how much content the game will get. (Yes people will be unhappy if they might not do as planned but i cant think of people beeing happier when they stop developing the game without releasing a plan beforehand)

Sims 4 is suffering alot under a handfull of bad design and PR decisions they stick to like the holy grail. You gotta feed your cashcow or not even the strongest milking machine would do any good.
    Actually i do hope the cash they make from console ports and handy port will go into a new flagship Sims 5 to bring the brand back on top. Its likely not going towards sims 4 as they keep reducing the staff, activity and what not.

Remember when Maxis announced an Sims 4 Expansion pack to early? When they announced Get Together so early, they have nothing to show. Heck the clubs which are the major focus of the pack aren't there yet. So they just wrote a blog post then bam look at what happen, full of threads such as "The franchise is ending", "Boycott The Sims" threads. I mean have them release a trailer and don't talk about the game for months? People are already complaining about the lack of communication. No matter what they will do, people will think the game is coming to an end, such as the same thing when Get Together announced.
  • Options
    peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    Yes
    There's a higher percentage of "no"s than when I voted, interesting.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    No
    Gosh, I hope not. This better not be the end of the road.

Like, sure, it may seem kinda bleak at the moment, but things can get better, right?
    Also, it's THE SIMS. It's still selling quite well, I've talked to several people who may be potential future simmers. I know for a fact that there are still plenty of people who are meaning to get into it, at least when it's affordable to them. I don't really see this series going anywhere.

Although, if it really is moving over to mobile then they've lost me. I'll rather stick to desktop, thanks.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    No
    As long as it is doing well financially which it does so far according to the numbers, it can last as long as they want it to.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Yes
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I voted yes. But it's more of a yes and no really.
    Sims 4 was the end of an era for a lot of players like me who've been playing since very beginning. It just deviated too much from what we fell in love with. It's the first in the series where I stopped buying after only one EP and I haven't touched it in years, I regret the purchase.
    But, it (slowly) drew in a new crowd. My 14 year old daughter likes Sims 4 and is considering adding EP's to her wishlist. As long as there are enough players like her to turn a profit, they'll keep churning out iterations (mobil or otherwise) of the game. I just don't hold any hope they will be "my" Sims ever again. Hence, my yes vote.

It is like you stole the thoughts out of my head.
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    Yes
    I think this is the end of PC. With them laying so many employees off and now their focus seems to be only on mobile and console, it's probably the end for PC which means it's the end of the sims for me. I refuse to play the horrible mobile version and I don't even own a console to play it on. It's so sad how much they want to alienate their core audience by doing this. I wish it weren't true but I'm pretty sure it is.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    Yes
    I'm hoping the next one is a full on official reboot, personally. Just 'Sims' or 'The Sims' or 'Sims 2020' or whatever. Just so long as it's clearly marketed as a full on reboot. Cut the ties and keep the basics. A refresh would do this franchise good.

They tried that with SimCity and we see what happened there...
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    BrookeSimsBrookeSims Posts: 40 Member
    No
    I honestly cannot believe that this will be the last game for EA. They seem to love making the game and being part of the community they have created. I cannot see this being the end.
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Yes
    Sorry they did not create it and I see no love in sims 4(others may) but fixing bugs,good exp and a good base is loving the game.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes
    Change my vote to NO - definitely not the end.....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SurfanSunshineSurfanSunshine Posts: 77 Member
    No
    EA isn't the smartest, but I'm going with a NO here. WHY Cut off a solid financial supply? People love this game. WHY end it? But then I also couldn't figure out why on earth they ended the sims 3. could of just kept releasing packs. Yes the sims 4 is a bit more stable. but still...
    Wishes
    -Horses
    -More supernaturals; Fairies, Witches, Mermaids, Shifters that actually turn into an animal.
    -More worlds and, or, ways to create a world for sims 4.
    -More small creatures, Birds, Rabbits... Ect.
  • Options
    MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    Yes
    Time to make like a politician and flip flop, my vote says yes, but my mind says NO.

If you dont know why, see my thread called "You can relax, its not over"
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    Yes
    aws200 wrote: »
    bring will wright back!

He left after EA destroyed his greatest work Spore. Look it up its nothing compared to what we were going to get. The final product was a prime example of a No Man's Sky or Sea of Thieves. Nothing but a major disappointment. Though Spore was decent to say the least especially with Galactic Adventures.
    Wright will never come back, there is no creative freedom for him here.

he should join another company...maybe create his own.. i know its stressful to have a company but the world needs him! our children need him! he was our hero :'(
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    aws200 wrote: »
    bring will wright back!

He left after EA destroyed his greatest work Spore. Look it up its nothing compared to what we were going to get. The final product was a prime example of a No Man's Sky or Sea of Thieves. Nothing but a major disappointment. Though Spore was decent to say the least especially with Galactic Adventures.
    Wright will never come back, there is no creative freedom for him here.

he should join another company...maybe create his own.. i know its stressful to have a company but the world needs him! our children need him! he was our hero :'(

He is still an EA partner on a lot of things he does, but right now he's loving mobile games and that's what he makes now. He never wanted to make sequels of his games technically. He once said it terrified him - lol. But he does like making games, but mobile seems to be his favorite lately.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/19/the-sims-creator-will-wright-is-working-on-a-unity-mobile-game-called-proxi/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    No
    No. I'm not sure why they'd end one of their more profitable franchises or why many think that would be the case. Even if EA stopped I'm sure some other developer would swoop (like when Bethesda got the Fallout franchise).
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited April 2018
    I dont see not having a sims 5/6 as a bad thing at all. I do not see a need for Sims part 5/6/7/8 . Sims doesnt need that many different new versions.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    No
    I dont see not having a sims 5/6 as a bad thing at all. I do not see a need for Sims part 5/6/7/8 . Sims doesnt need that many different new versions.
    I agree. But we need a better end-version than TS4 which clearly isn’t the best way to make a Sims game.

I believe that we will get TS5 too - and likely sooner than most simmers expect. But I also expect things to change in the future. EA will likely try to change the game into a real life service which most likely will mean an online game with a longer life and partly based on subscriptions. In an ever farther away future this could likely also become a game which can be played on all platforms. But most likely EA will keep experimenting with other types of Sims games too.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited April 2018
    To each their own is all I can say. I do not find sims 3 or 2 to be better in any way @Erpe And actually lots of people do enjoy sims 4, not everyone agrees that sims 4 is all bad and has no improvements. I would talk about things that have been done better in sims 4, but its not my job to prove anything.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    No
    To each their own is all I can say. I do not find sims 3 or 2 to be better in any way @Erpe And actually lots of people do enjoy sims 4, not everyone agrees that sims 4 is all bad and has no improvements. I would talk about things that have been done better in sims 4, but its not my job to prove anything.
    Sims 4 has too simplified babies, too tall teens, too tiny worlds, too much focus on multitasking and too much focus on happy partying. Not much of this can ever be changed in updates. But it was all done just to let TS4 become as different from TS2 and TS3 as possible such that especially TS3 and its packs still could sell well too to new simmers.

If EA really wanted a Sims game to have a much longer life than this would be planned differently and beside that the game would likely need a much better online part.

But I don’t want to discuss TS4. It is what it is and TS2 and TS3 had flaws too. So I am not saying that TS4 is bad either. Just that I don’t believe at all that it was planned to become the last big Sims game or that it will become that either.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    No
    I feel like there was more an emphasis on creativity and worlds on S3 than on S4, so much that it came to the detriment of family time-my families could no longer enjoy meals for more than 5 seconds together without a mod-whereas in S4 my sims could have family time together again-and even more family gameplay thanks to the Parenthood GP and the addition of toddlers-on the other hand creativity took a big step back and contents that have been staples of the franchise since day 1 are still missing but there has been many big improvements such as toddlers or more in-depth vampires or the simplified CAS and build modes and the aging system while still not perfect works greatly in my game. I love all Sims games for different reasons, I don't think it's a competition on which is best, I would like a game that pleases all types of simmers while knowing it would be near impossible to do so considering how large the fanbase is.
  • Options
    ArsenGirlArsenGirl Posts: 89 Member
    No
    I say no also. There's still a lot to be created within The Sims 4, but in order to move forward and incorporate a lot of what's new in the world of gaming, I think a 5th iteration is necessary and probable. The Sims is a huge part of EA and I can't see it going anywhere any time soon.
    -Heather
    EA Game Changer - Sims Lover
    YouTube & Instagram - ArsenGirlGaming / Gallery - ArsenGirl / Gamertag - ArsenGirl / Twitter - ArsenGirl
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    In my opinion, if EA's determined to make another game of sims 4 quality in the year of 2019 or later, might as well end the series for good.
    You can easily tell from the releasing pattern of the DLCs for the past few years and come up with a conclusion that they're solely motivated by the desire of earning money, not making improvements.
    It's sad to witness the death of a game that I used to love so much.

i agree.
    it really shows how its lost its magic.

i can play 2 and 3 for hours and the time goes so fast, i just get lost in them.
    with 4 its boredom after an hour :'(

there just cheaply done with less of everything. just to make some cash, like they don't care 4 the game anymore, only the dollars :#

they cant even bring out good premium content anymore or good venues or worlds.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top