Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims 4 Endgame?

Comments

• Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I don't know tbh. I feel like EA certainly doesn't care too much about it. I'm playing the new God of War (which is absolutely magnificent in every possible way) and watched the dev look up his own metacritic score, which went from 93 to 94 (and currently sits at 95) and he cried cause he was so nervous about how people would feel about this game. Especially cause they made quite a few changes to the original. And it just all works beautifully together. So he deserves 95. With the sims? I'm sure the devs care to some extent about their work but I just don't think they're working for a company that cares about the amount of heart and sweat you put into something and only cares about the money that comes out of it. Regardless of how mediocre it really is. I've played so many excellent games this year, that I haven't touched TS at all lately. And I don't miss it. Because it is still in no way exceptional. I would be excited about a TS5 if they were gonna make it a game that tops all the previous one, but if it's just gonna be another ride like 4? Well then ... I don't know. Maybe at this point in time, it should end :(

That's EA 's problem with S4 they seem to chasing after the fast dollar return rather than the long stay and bigger profit margin, mostly to impress the stockholders rather than the players which is why some games just as old as S4 still return a profit without having to resort to 50% (or more) off sales nearly every second week...
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    The main problem of The Sims Studio is there are too many bosses : Andrew Wilson (EA CEO), Patrick Söderlund (VP EA Worldwide Studios), Samantha Ryan (VP EA Mobile, Maxis & BioWare).

The other problem is they are clones of Steve Ballmer (the worst CEO of the history).

The German companies are smarter , they understood the bosses are useless, the employees are more efficient and productive when they are autonomous instead of obeying to a stubborn boss who never questions himself.

As long as EA will keep these persons, the company will keep on destroying their talented studios.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't know tbh. I feel like EA certainly doesn't care too much about it. I'm playing the new God of War (which is absolutely magnificent in every possible way) and watched the dev look up his own metacritic score, which went from 93 to 94 (and currently sits at 95) and he cried cause he was so nervous about how people would feel about this game. Especially cause they made quite a few changes to the original. And it just all works beautifully together. So he deserves 95. With the sims? I'm sure the devs care to some extent about their work but I just don't think they're working for a company that cares about the amount of heart and sweat you put into something and only cares about the money that comes out of it. Regardless of how mediocre it really is. I've played so many excellent games this year, that I haven't touched TS at all lately. And I don't miss it. Because it is still in no way exceptional. I would be excited about a TS5 if they were gonna make it a game that tops all the previous one, but if it's just gonna be another ride like 4? Well then ... I don't know. Maybe at this point in time, it should end :(

That's EA 's problem with S4 they seem to chasing after the fast dollar return rather than the long stay and bigger profit margin, mostly to impress the stockholders rather than the players which is why some games just as old as S4 still return a profit without having to resort to 50% (or more) off sales nearly every second week...

True :( fun fact, I recently read an article where EA admits that apparently players don't see EA the way they see themselves and that they're sad to see so much disappointment from players (this was partially but not solely in response to the Battlefront failure). And then I thought, like I often think with this franchise too: if they actually stopped talking about and apologizing for how players may receive their stuff and instead put that energy into true innovation, they wouldn't have such discontent to begin with. What this company still fails to understand is that the time where consumers blindly buy anything and everything and don't voice their concerns both loudly and publicly are over. These aren't the early 2000s anymore. They want to stay relevant? They can. They have all the resources, budgets and talent they need. But at some point ROI at EA will have to stand for Return on Innovation and not Return on Investment. And perhaps they'll see that their investment will bring in lots of money the minute money stops being the alpha and omega of their entire business model to date.

ETA: I'm not saying we didn't have standards before and until the early 2000s but the internet was different then and it took much longer, IMHO, to find information on how good a game really was. There were no influencers the way they exist today and I think there were also far fewer studios producing games. So the choices were more limited and the information more scarce. Which I think is better for this kind of company lol. They just can't get away with the stuff they used to and they also no longer rmake games that are as good as the ones they used to make when they weren't worst company of the year contender over and over. They need a return to form, in the end, a return to the actual purpose of their company: games, not money. I mean yes sure companies need to make money to survive, but putting out quality products that people really like tends to bring in more money and loyalty than putting out half finished games with content locked behind paywalls and little care for what a franchise is and means to people.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Phones are fast becoming a mini PC and not to many want this huge thing sitting in there living room when they can have something that goes in there pocket. Sadly the Sims are headed the same as vinyl records.

The great irony is that mobile phone games look like the came out during the era of vinyl records. I guess it's consoles that are killing the pc market. But if Sims 4 is the way they planned on heading with it's reduction in quality and quantity it's probably better that Sims PC ends on this sour note.

Not at all - I play x-box games on my pc -Microsoft made that possible. I can also play mobiles games on it - but I do not care for mobile games even though I have a few on my pc for young relatives that come to visit. The little ones like mobile games. I have my pc set though so no one but me can buy anything on my pc - so no micro-transitions are allowed for them. - I don't buy devices of any kind - I have no need - all I need is my pc and top of the line internet. I do own a flip phone for the very rare instances I have to go out of my house -it's such an ordeal just to do that - but I just carry a flip phone in case of emergency. I will never buy any tablet or any other portable device when my pc can do it all. I can even read e-books on it - if I want but I still like to read and buy real books - so no point - but I do have the software.

Funny my 9 year old nephew was annoyed my pc plays his fave mobile game way better than his expensive Smart phone does. On top of it he can see his game full screen with no distortion and doesn't have to squirt or get neck or finger pain.

Tell me again why I would want anything else or why pc is not the way we should be going. I mean think of it my neighbors son stood in line waiting for the newest x-box to play his new game - and I could already play the game with out even leaving my house.

But I still prefer PC games over any other game - and if I get the choice between console or pc - I will always go with pc.

Besides that new X-box doesn't hold a candle to my pc....

But The Sims pc is still my fav game.... I just can't imagine it ending...

I do not believe Sims mobile will work on pc - but even if it does - not interested. It's like Sims social - horrible idea.
    Amen.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    Emphatically, YES.

1: I had a bad feeling back when I was reading that funding was being channeled to the Star Wars game, from the proceeds of SIMS4 sales. Seemed to me that the corporate office saw this franchise as a guaranteed source of revenue, and that they assumed that the customers were so stupid that they'd accept any pile of garbage they produced under the Sims name.... sadly, they were right.

2: Sims 4 became part of the Mobile division, which in my opinion was the first shot at wounding the franchise.
    As far as the whole mobile thing goes, count me out. It may be the trend, it may be great for a quick profit, but it isn't quality, it doesn't have depth, and it has no soul. Not to mention that it's a cheap money grabbing maneuver.

3: LAYING OFF SENIOR SIM GURU'S .....this is the kiss of death to the franchise. These people had the creative vision and skill to guide this franchise for MANY YEARS...and to me they ARE THE SIMS.... IF what is posted on Reddit is true, it's over. I'm not a fan of other EA/MAXIS games...so if the Sims that I've loved for nearly twenty years is finished, then I'm finished with them. ( Not that EA/Maxis will care...nope not after the hundreds and hundreds and HUNDREDS of dollars I've happily spent since TS1)

My comments to the SENIOR SIM GURU'S: ( Those who have been "laid off" ( DANIEL) and those who remain)
    I want to thank you, all of you for providing me with nearly two decades of absolute joy. How I loved building homes in TS3 that extended out over lakes and oceans, building those houseboats, watching my sims scuba dive, or play in the snow.
    I've laughed at those brilliant little videos that play on the Sims TV's and computers, at the sometimes hilarious furniture and build/ buy object descriptions...the incredible detail in animations, sounds.... that made the Sims so amazingly special. No other group has accomplished anything close to this. It was evident in every single version of the Sims, that you loved what you were doing....and I loved you for that. I especially loved you for CAW...you have no idea how many months my husband and I would spend on creating worlds, putting just the right shading on those mountains, on crafting roads and placing rivers and bridges...I think that I loved CAW more than any feature in any game that I've ever played. I still love it, and giving that to us was priceless. So, thank you so much for that.
    I imagine that working on Sims4 might have been a little tougher....but I give you credit, you nailed it on the toddlers, on the pets, and while I absolutely loathed " Get Together" and it's whole plum presentation.....I could see glimmers of the old Sims peeking through in the Ep's and Game packs. If you are being " laid off" I truly hope that all of you can, somehow, someway, reunite...and do this again, without the shackles of EA and MAXIS. What you did in creating and building the Sims was groundbreaking, actually pretty amazing to be honest....and I've yet to see any developer come close to what you've done...
    Just know that you are appreciated...

Sincerely,
    Olivia
    Thanks for that, I so much join you there (even when I know only one predecessor properly). I get Dead Poets Society vibes from your post.

3ZZK.gif
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    Yes
    Emphatically, YES.

1: I had a bad feeling back when I was reading that funding was being channeled to the Star Wars game, from the proceeds of SIMS4 sales. Seemed to me that the corporate office saw this franchise as a guaranteed source of revenue, and that they assumed that the customers were so stupid that they'd accept any pile of garbage they produced under the Sims name.... sadly, they were right.

2: Sims 4 became part of the Mobile division, which in my opinion was the first shot at wounding the franchise.
    As far as the whole mobile thing goes, count me out. It may be the trend, it may be great for a quick profit, but it isn't quality, it doesn't have depth, and it has no soul. Not to mention that it's a cheap money grabbing maneuver.

3: LAYING OFF SENIOR SIM GURU'S .....this is the kiss of death to the franchise. These people had the creative vision and skill to guide this franchise for MANY YEARS...and to me they ARE THE SIMS.... IF what is posted on Reddit is true, it's over. I'm not a fan of other EA/MAXIS games...so if the Sims that I've loved for nearly twenty years is finished, then I'm finished with them. ( Not that EA/Maxis will care...nope not after the hundreds and hundreds and HUNDREDS of dollars I've happily spent since TS1)

My comments to the SENIOR SIM GURU'S: ( Those who have been "laid off" ( DANIEL) and those who remain)
    I want to thank you, all of you for providing me with nearly two decades of absolute joy. How I loved building homes in TS3 that extended out over lakes and oceans, building those houseboats, watching my sims scuba dive, or play in the snow.
    I've laughed at those brilliant little videos that play on the Sims TV's and computers, at the sometimes hilarious furniture and build/ buy object descriptions...the incredible detail in animations, sounds.... that made the Sims so amazingly special. No other group has accomplished anything close to this. It was evident in every single version of the Sims, that you loved what you were doing....and I loved you for that. I especially loved you for CAW...you have no idea how many months my husband and I would spend on creating worlds, putting just the right shading on those mountains, on crafting roads and placing rivers and bridges...I think that I loved CAW more than any feature in any game that I've ever played. I still love it, and giving that to us was priceless. So, thank you so much for that.
    I imagine that working on Sims4 might have been a little tougher....but I give you credit, you nailed it on the toddlers, on the pets, and while I absolutely loathed " Get Together" and it's whole plum presentation.....I could see glimmers of the old Sims peeking through in the Ep's and Game packs. If you are being " laid off" I truly hope that all of you can, somehow, someway, reunite...and do this again, without the shackles of EA and MAXIS. What you did in creating and building the Sims was groundbreaking, actually pretty amazing to be honest....and I've yet to see any developer come close to what you've done...
    Just know that you are appreciated...
    Sincerely,
    Olivia

I'd say your comments to the sim guru's deserve's it's own thread. shouldn't be hidden away away as a comment. as angry as i can be about the empty feeling of the sims 4, i really agree with alot that you said. and would hope that this doesnt go unnoticed. im sure with all the confusion, anger and negativity thats been going on from recent events, they could probably use a post like this, im sure the rest must be getting hard to read at this point.

Great post.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    edited April 2018
    No
    What a depressing thread. I really hope this isn't the case. I still love The Sims 4. I'm honestly not that hard to please. I've loved every installment of the Sims, and I just don't want it to ever end.

Well, unless it devolves into a mobile series...which is more or less the same thing to me.

ETA: I know OP said not to vote on what I hoped would happen, but the truth is, I honestly don't know. It's hard for me to believe a series that's still active will ever end, even though I know it's inevitable. And every time a new game comes out, it's only about six months or so before people start spreading rumors that "this is the last game," so it's hard for me to take them seriously.

Even now, after reading other people's arguments, I'm hesitant to say I definitely think TS4 is going to be the last game, or even the last PC game.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    No
    It's not the end of the Sims franchise but it may be the end of the format we all know and love. I fear PC games in general are dying and being replaced by mobile. Sadly we live in an age where people (especially young people) are more impatient and have shorter attention spans so apps are preffered over going through the process of buying and downloading a game.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes
    I've just read an interesting article about cancelling good games. It's about Dead Space but does mention EA

http://www.player.one/how-video-games-cancelled-124085
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    mika wrote: »
    It's not the end of the Sims franchise but it may be the end of the format we all know and love. I fear PC games in general are dying and being replaced by mobile. Sadly we live in an age where people (especially young people) are more impatient and have shorter attention spans so apps are preffered over going through the process of buying and downloading a game.

No PC gaming isn't dead at all. If you look at the many amazing games coming out each year, it's clear it's alive and well. Same for consoles. But if companies like EA try to push mobile over real gaming, I guess the only thing that will die are the franchises they took.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No
    I'm hoping the next one is a full on official reboot, personally. Just 'Sims' or 'The Sims' or 'Sims 2020' or whatever. Just so long as it's clearly marketed as a full on reboot. Cut the ties and keep the basics. A refresh would do this franchise good.

Wasn't the sims 4 a reboot.

I doubt this game is going anywhere may this franchise rest in peace

I think that the reboot needs another reboot :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    I'm hoping the next one is a full on official reboot, personally. Just 'Sims' or 'The Sims' or 'Sims 2020' or whatever. Just so long as it's clearly marketed as a full on reboot. Cut the ties and keep the basics. A refresh would do this franchise good.

Really ??? I thought you wanted a sequel of TS3, you disappoint me :p
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No

Really ??? I thought you wanted a sequel of TS3, you disappoint me :p

A reboot can still be a sequel! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Yes
    In my opinion, if EA's determined to make another game of sims 4 quality in the year of 2019 or later, might as well end the series for good.
    You can easily tell from the releasing pattern of the DLCs for the past few years and come up with a conclusion that they're solely motivated by the desire of earning money, not making improvements.
    It's sad to witness the death of a game that I used to love so much.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @aricarai wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »
    No, and the reason can be seen on http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/31/ea-talks-about-player-growth-with-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-console-release/

TS4 is still giving EA a huge amount of money and TS3 is still selling too which of course was EA’s main reason to make TS4 as it is.

But SPs and GPs seem to sell much better than the expensive EPs when they are sold as digital downloads. This is the change from earlier where EPs sold best on discs in the physical stores. Therefore TS5 likely only will get SPs and GPs which are cheaper to make and need less developers. Also EA has expanded Maxis to Finland where the Sims Mobile and TS4 for consoles mainly are made. So EA just need fewer devs in the main building for Maxis in Redwood.

@Erpe: You must not have seen the latest news on budget cuts and Gurus leaving or being shuffled around then.

http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/19/several-maxis-veterans-working-on-the-sims-4-got-laid-off-by-ea-for-budget-reasons/

https://simsvip.com/2018/04/19/maxis-update-multiple-sims-4-simgurus-fired-others-moved-to-mobile-teams/
    Yes. But you need to look deeper:
    1. The Sims 4 is selling very well according to http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/31/ea-talks-about-player-growth-with-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-console-release/
    2. EA has expanded Maxis with studios in Finland where the main work on both the Sims Mobile and on TS4 for consoles is done. (The reason was more expertise in mobile games and their invention of a new technology which made it much cheaper and easier to transfer PC games to consoles.)
    3. EA has for a long time seemingly wanted less EPs and more SPs and GPs (small half-priced EPs) instead of the bigger EPs which sold better in the physical stores. The reason must be that cheaper packs sell better as digital downloads. So I think that EA plans to soon completely stop with EPs and only make SPs and GPs which means that EA will need fewer developers.
    4. The market for PC games is still growing even though the market for mobile games is growing even faster according to many sources. https://www.pcgamesn.com/pc-game-sales-numbers-market-share-2017 is just one of the sources.

So nothing points in the direction that EA should consider to stop the series. But a lot of things point in the direction that EA wants to make more and cheaper packs instead of the big EPs - and this is for me to see the far most likely reason for EA to reduce the budgets and the number of devs just a little.

Your sources are dated after the ones I provided and I was under the impression that the OP was talking about The Sims on PC.

If C&D sold so well, why the budget cuts and the redistribution of gurus, especially ones that have been around since the beginning? To me that makes absolutely no sense.

They may be leaning toward a direction of no EPs but then doesn't that point to The Sims as we know it being over?

Of course this is all speculation and we've still got EA Play to go, but it all seems a little suspect to me.

You do realise that EA make budget cuts all the time? EA also shut down a whole team of developers and studio that worked on The Sims in The Sims 2 era? Which arguably was during The Sims Prime time. They then outsourced a lot of that work to random developers.

Budget cuts often happen even during times where a game is doing really well. EA see that some work can be outsourced and doesn’t need to be done in-studio.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Yes
    The Sims 4 always did remind me of a mobile app with it over happy tone, the lack of actual game play, and lack of quality content. Having read the 'rumors' lately and the forums of other games that mention Sims as an insult to gaming or to insult a game for doing EA tactics..is another reason I say yes. I play an old MMO called Aion that has more character creation and actual moving hair and clothes on characters..is another factor in my decision (Sims 4 should be able to use the new technology of today and not stand behind an old MMO that has more to offer in their character creation and moving animation of clothes and hair. They even have height sliders in Aion).

The business side... The hush hush about the development of content in Sims 4. The silence from the developers about Sims 4. A very fractured relationship with their customers/consumers. The shifting of employees to one area to another. Employees being laid off. The reputation of the company within itself. And the obvious money matters more than customers.. spells negative (in other companies even closing down period).

EA's problem is they follow fads to quickly for the fast buck. More and more gamers want update technology games or old games that were fun and had loads of game play.. even solid games (StarDew Valley, City Skylines, Survival games, and etc) that do not hide content behind paywalls.. EA must not be caught up to this yet. Mobile games burn out and fade quicker these days.

The script is there, it's been written...

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    No
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @aricarai wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »
    No, and the reason can be seen on http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/31/ea-talks-about-player-growth-with-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-console-release/

TS4 is still giving EA a huge amount of money and TS3 is still selling too which of course was EA’s main reason to make TS4 as it is.

But SPs and GPs seem to sell much better than the expensive EPs when they are sold as digital downloads. This is the change from earlier where EPs sold best on discs in the physical stores. Therefore TS5 likely only will get SPs and GPs which are cheaper to make and need less developers. Also EA has expanded Maxis to Finland where the Sims Mobile and TS4 for consoles mainly are made. So EA just need fewer devs in the main building for Maxis in Redwood.

@Erpe: You must not have seen the latest news on budget cuts and Gurus leaving or being shuffled around then.

http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/19/several-maxis-veterans-working-on-the-sims-4-got-laid-off-by-ea-for-budget-reasons/

https://simsvip.com/2018/04/19/maxis-update-multiple-sims-4-simgurus-fired-others-moved-to-mobile-teams/
    Yes. But you need to look deeper:
    1. The Sims 4 is selling very well according to http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/31/ea-talks-about-player-growth-with-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-console-release/
    2. EA has expanded Maxis with studios in Finland where the main work on both the Sims Mobile and on TS4 for consoles is done. (The reason was more expertise in mobile games and their invention of a new technology which made it much cheaper and easier to transfer PC games to consoles.)
    3. EA has for a long time seemingly wanted less EPs and more SPs and GPs (small half-priced EPs) instead of the bigger EPs which sold better in the physical stores. The reason must be that cheaper packs sell better as digital downloads. So I think that EA plans to soon completely stop with EPs and only make SPs and GPs which means that EA will need fewer developers.
    4. The market for PC games is still growing even though the market for mobile games is growing even faster according to many sources. https://www.pcgamesn.com/pc-game-sales-numbers-market-share-2017 is just one of the sources.

So nothing points in the direction that EA should consider to stop the series. But a lot of things point in the direction that EA wants to make more and cheaper packs instead of the big EPs - and this is for me to see the far most likely reason for EA to reduce the budgets and the number of devs just a little.

Your sources are dated after the ones I provided and I was under the impression that the OP was talking about The Sims on PC.

If C&D sold so well, why the budget cuts and the redistribution of gurus, especially ones that have been around since the beginning? To me that makes absolutely no sense.

They may be leaning toward a direction of no EPs but then doesn't that point to The Sims as we know it being over?

Of course this is all speculation and we've still got EA Play to go, but it all seems a little suspect to me.

You do realise that EA make budget cuts all the time? EA also shut down a whole team of developers and studio that worked on The Sims in The Sims 2 era? Which arguably was during The Sims Prime time. They then outsourced a lot of that work to random developers.
    Developers have broad educations to make all kinds of games on all platforms. They don’t even know which games they will be working on when they after their education are hired for some studio. So EA can move them around to other games which are made in the same place - and does it all the time.
    Budget cuts often happen even during times where a game is doing really well. EA see that some work can be outsourced and doesn’t need to be done in-studio.
    This is much more common with other games though. EA has even closed games down before they were released. But the reason usually was that another game company released a game that EA didn’t think that EA was able to compete with. This was likely also the reason why EA hadn’t made more SimCity games. But I don’t see how it could happen for the Sims games too?
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Yes
    mika wrote: »

No PC gaming isn't dead at all. If you look at the many amazing games coming out each year, it's clear it's alive and well. Same for consoles. But if companies like EA try to push mobile over real gaming, I guess the only thing that will die are the franchises they took.

PC gaming is going to be around as long as consoles and mobile. Nothing is going to change other than which one may get more popular at certain times. Japan where PC gaming was a joke is booming now and Steam is getting all sorts of Japanese developers now. Which means games that were once exclusive to consoles like Playstation are making their way to PC. Mobile is still a joke, it lacks power and is a Gambling Simulator.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    how can I even say yes or no to that.
    I guess you guys can predict the future :o
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes
    marcel21 wrote: »

The question is, “Do you truly THINK...” So no one here is claiming to predict the future. They are voting what they think will happen.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes. But it's more of a yes and no really.
    Sims 4 was the end of an era for a lot of players like me who've been playing since very beginning. It just deviated too much from what we fell in love with. It's the first in the series where I stopped buying after only one EP and I haven't touched it in years, I regret the purchase.
    But, it (slowly) drew in a new crowd. My 14 year old daughter likes Sims 4 and is considering adding EP's to her wishlist. As long as there are enough players like her to turn a profit, they'll keep churning out iterations (mobil or otherwise) of the game. I just don't hold any hope they will be "my" Sims ever again. Hence, my yes vote.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2018
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

The question is, “Do you truly THINK...” So no one here is claiming to predict the future. They are voting what they think will happen.

hmm.
    guess you missed my point that, I was making a joke about you guys predicting the future.
    i never said anybody was calming to predict the future :o
    I understand the topic.
    I was making a joke about u guys, saying yes or no, because seriously, none of us know if the sims will end with 4!
    so for me its impossible to say yes or no.
    by all means continue to vote.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    Yes
    bring will wright back!
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    bring will wright back!

He left after EA destroyed his greatest work Spore. Look it up its nothing compared to what we were going to get. The final product was a prime example of a No Man's Sky or Sea of Thieves. Nothing but a major disappointment. Though Spore was decent to say the least especially with Galactic Adventures.
    Wright will never come back, there is no creative freedom for him here.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top