Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims 4 Endgame?

191011121315...Next

Comments

• Options
    CloudiiiiCloudiiii Posts: 26 Member
    No
    I sincerely think that the Sims franchise has a long life ahead of it; Keeping in mind despite fan dissatisfaction (My first pet stuff anyone?) The game has been a genuine success for EA
    Stay Sparkly!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Ever time people ask if Sims 4 is over, Grant adds another month to its lifespan :p

Well the CEO has been talking about extending the life of all their games at every earnings call this year. I tried to tell simmers this - but they prefer not to hear it on this thread anyway. LOL.

Besides if you think back to the beginning of Sims 4 they more or less hinted this from the beginning that they would keep making content for Sims 4 as long as it was feasible to do so and that Sims 4 is nothing like how the did the game the first three games. They called it a new direction. Also there was no markers anywhere in the game data for number of packs limits for this series - Sims 1-2 - and 3 all had limit markers when their engine could no longer support any more packs - Sims 4 had no markers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    No
    Figured. The game is far more stable than its predecessor, so of course it can handle more content.

Besides, this gives them a lot of time to explore bring NEW ideas, NEW concepts that weren't explored in other games to the Sims 4. Such as the Farming pack folks have been talking about.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2018
    No
    Deleted
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    No
    Hit the wrong button :( Sad to say it looks like the end for this franchise on pc. Obviously modern yoof much prefers mobile technology and I would say it is much easier and cheaper to produce. More established players should make the most of what they have, be it TS4, 3 or 2 and it looks like TS4 players are to get Seasons which is very good news :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    No
    Hit the wrong button :( Sad to say it looks like the end for this franchise on pc. Obviously modern yoof much prefers mobile technology and I would say it is much easier and cheaper to produce. More established players should make the most of what they have, be it TS4, 3 or 2 and it looks like TS4 players are to get Seasons which is very good news :)

From what @SimGuruGrant says, not even close to the end on PC.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    No

From what @SimGuruGrant says, not even close to the end on PC.

I think a lot depends on how you read these quotes. To me they are offering g reassurance that TS4 will continue. This is in line with the post by Graham Nardone. This is good news for TS4 players but it leaves the question of the end of the franchise on pc.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    Yes
    We're talking about EA here. Killer of game studios? Lover of loot boxes? BUT if we do get a SIMS 5 w/MP, better have yer wallets ready cause that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is gonna be loot box heaven :P
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes
    With all due respect but for me that in fact supports the feeling Sims 4 indeed will be the endgame. The question here is not “is Sims 4 over”, the question is will there ever be a successor or is this the last version (“Do you truly think that The Sims 4 is the end of the road for the PC franchise?”).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ItsSimerellaaaItsSimerellaaa Posts: 9 New Member
    TS4 isn't end game. It's just a bunch of pessimists who think the game is going to end soon, or TS4 will be end game because [i]they [/i] hate TS4 so much. TS4 has shown time and time again that it is capable of great things. Now, I'm not saying that the game is perfect. Sure, it needs some tweaking here and there, but overall TS4 is very strong. Look how much Ep's and Stuff packs, and Game packs we have, and the game still runs GREAT. The sims have life now. If anyone denies that TS4 is a great game, and is doing well, they're just a pessismist.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2018
    No
    Naw. This is one of EA's best-selling games with so much DLC they can create off the base game and keep making more money. Why would they kill off their cash cow if it's still making them money? I don't think Sims 4 will be the end of Sims for PC.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    PinkabluPinkablu Posts: 18 Member
    No
    I voted no but honestly I'm torn. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the end, but I'd like to think there's still enough interest in the sims that they would continue the series. I'm not exactly sure how sales were/are for what they'd need to keep going though :c
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2018
    No
    The market for PC games is growing (just not as fast as the market for mobile games). EA has more successful Sims games than ever before and now even two Sims games for the mobile platforms. The Sims Mobile is successful. But so is the Sims Freeplay even though it is from 2011 and now 7 years old. From https://www.ea.com/news/new-live-service-updates-to-ea-games?isLocalized=true :

”The Sims™FreePlay

Get your handcuffs ready. On June 12, The Sims FreePlay is introducing an all-new Police profession, a new hobby event, a new re-runnable quest, and more!”

So the Sims games are extremely successful and profitable for EA on all platforms and they don’t even really have any competition. Therefore there are no chance that EA will stop making Sims games! Not for the PC! And not for the mobile devices! The new technology to easy port PC games to consoles now also guarantees that EA will continue making Sims games for consoles.

So this isn’t endgame at all! In the next months EA will likely release even more packs for TS4 than ever before just like EA did for TS3 in 2013 even after TS4 had been announced because EA knows that most TS4 simmers won’t quickly switch to TS5 when they already have all those packs for TS4! (TS5 will likely soon be announced but once again targeted mainly on new simmers and released most likely late in 2019 or early in 2020.)
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

Thank you all for your passionate discussion on this, but I think it is time for this thread to come to an end as we are pretty much going in circles.

Thanks,
    -Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top