Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims 4 Endgame?

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes

"New Maxis Project" = Sims 5?

I don't think it's Spore or SimCity...

It’s a mobile game.
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Yes
    Phones are fast becoming a mini PC and not to many want this huge thing sitting in there living room when they can have something that goes in there pocket. Sadly the Sims are headed the same as vinyl records.

The great irony is that mobile phone games look like the came out during the era of vinyl records. I guess it's consoles that are killing the pc market. But if Sims 4 is the way they planned on heading with it's reduction in quality and quantity it's probably better that Sims PC ends on this sour note.
  • Options
    Yes

I probably think "new project" means a non Sims game...
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes

His title changed to the mobile division, so it is a new mobile game.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Yes
    I bounced back and forth with this for a while but ultimately I think my answer is yes. With the lack of news, push for Sims Mobile, and the departure of quite a few gurus this year, TS4 feels like it's on unsteady ground. The rumors running around right now are also disconcerting.
  • Options
    rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    No
    after cats & dogs we had a big increase in the number of players. There will be no cancellation of the main series. News are coming! In fact, the sims mobile reached the 10 million download mark in the play store very fast. We already had a period of lack of information and the departure of Daniel from the team only made us worried, but the reality is that before his exit, the team had other stuffs in progress. Just wait for the news.
    The game is not made by a single developer, it is by a team. Everyone who has worked with daniel has learned a lot about how he sees the game and how it does things. So just wait for the news.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I still think Seasons is coming out before TS4 is done. Surely Sims 4 wouldn't end without Seasons.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes
    after cats & dogs we had a big increase in the number of players. There will be no cancellation of the main series. News are coming! In fact, the sims mobile reached the 10 million download mark in the play store very fast. We already had a period of lack of information and the departure of Daniel from the team only made us worried, but the reality is that before his exit, the team had other stuffs in progress. Just wait for the news.
    The game is not made by a single developer, it is by a team. Everyone who has worked with daniel has learned a lot about how he sees the game and how it does things. So just wait for the news.

More than one developer have been layed off. And according to news sources many developers are moving into the mobile division.

Also I don't think Cats and Dogs increased the number of players, the console release did, but those numbers were never truly specified by EA. Many people that own TS4 on pc also bought it on console so new players is relative.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    Phones are fast becoming a mini PC and not to many want this huge thing sitting in there living room when they can have something that goes in there pocket. Sadly the Sims are headed the same as vinyl records.

The great irony is that mobile phone games look like the came out during the era of vinyl records. I guess it's consoles that are killing the pc market. But if Sims 4 is the way they planned on heading with it's reduction in quality and quantity it's probably better that Sims PC ends on this sour note.

Not at all - I play x-box games on my pc -Microsoft made that possible. I can also play mobiles games on it - but I do not care for mobile games even though I have a few on my pc for young relatives that come to visit. The little ones like mobile games. I have my pc set though so no one but me can buy anything on my pc - so no micro-transitions are allowed for them. - I don't buy devices of any kind - I have no need - all I need is my pc and top of the line internet. I do own a flip phone for the very rare instances I have to go out of my house -it's such an ordeal just to do that - but I just carry a flip phone in case of emergency. I will never buy any tablet or any other portable device when my pc can do it all. I can even read e-books on it - if I want but I still like to read and buy real books - so no point - but I do have the software.

Funny my 9 year old nephew was annoyed my pc plays his fave mobile game way better than his expensive Smart phone does. On top of it he can see his game full screen with no distortion and doesn't have to squirt or get neck or finger pain.

Tell me again why I would want anything else or why pc is not the way we should be going. I mean think of it my neighbors son stood in line waiting for the newest x-box to play his new game - and I could already play the game with out even leaving my house.

But I still prefer PC games over any other game - and if I get the choice between console or pc - I will always go with pc.

Besides that new X-box doesn't hold a candle to my pc....

But The Sims pc is still my fav game.... I just can't imagine it ending...

I do not believe Sims mobile will work on pc - but even if it does - not interested. It's like Sims social - horrible idea.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    To attempt to bring a modicum of reason to the frenzied discourse, it has yet to be seen what the layoffs will mean in this situation. What we are seeing here is the reality of AAA game development. These poor souls are milked for what they are worth and then cast off after spending countless nights sleeping under their desks during crunch time. That someone has been with a studio for 20 years is an outlier, and not representative of reality.

The Sims 4 is, by EA's own admission, making money hand-over-fist. But cutting staff has been the publisher's MO even in success. I do not see an end to The Sims 4 anytime soon, nor an end to The Sims series. While I do suspect that mobile will be the future, I do forsee a Seasons EP this year. Perhaps even a University pack on the horizon. How much else is dubious.

Regardless, the market will sort things in the end. It did with the case of city builders, and I suspect the same going forward.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited April 2018
    No
    The Sims franchise is too valuable for even the short-sighted EA to give up on it on multiple consoles. Now, it doesn't mean we'll get a glorious Sim 5 where each one of our complaints were listened, more likely the opposite. They'll hold on to their cow and milk the life out of it until there is no doubt it's dead.

Get ready for spin-offs and half-baked money-grabbers using The Sims™ to promote it. It's already on course.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Yes
    Yes I think this is the beginning of the end... Sims can sell well but its not the revenue driver... People spend hundreds of dollars on FIFA, Nba and star wars is profiable too, both pc and mobile versions... Sims is just one more game for them.. The developers must feel frustrated due budget cuts.. I mean its like... make a cake with eggs only... and make it profitable... :(
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    No
    Maybe it's because I'm an optimist or maybe it's because I don't want to fathom a world without a new Sims game that I won't... can't believe that this is the end. I've been playing since I was 12 and now I'm about to be 29. It seems surreal to think that something I've loved this long and have put so many hours and money into could be ending. The sims have so much potential and so much life left that it seems unfair and cruel to end it now. There were some low points in my life that the sims kept me going. I have the sims mobile but it's nothing compared to the pc game. I haven't even played it in a few weeks. I don't like playing the sims on console either. I hope that I'm right and that the sims have many more years left with many more memories.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    This isn't the end. If it was EA wouldn't be showing off their next Sims 4 Expeirence at EA Play. I don't want Seasons to be the last pack but if it is I guess I'll have to rely on modders to create new content. New mods are releasing all the time eg the slowdance mod.
  • Options
    peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    This isn't the end. If it was EA wouldn't be showing off their next Sims 4 Expeirence at EA Play. I don't want Seasons to be the last pack but if it is I guess I'll have to rely on modders to create new content. New mods are releasing all the time eg the slowdance mod.

I'm pretty sure the person was trying to ask if everyone thought that The Sims 4 would be the last game. Not that it was ending.
    The question was, "Do you truly think that The Sims 4 is the end of the road for the PC franchise?" If you look at the way it's worded it's notice it says 'is' instead of 'at.' It's a minor word change but it makes a huge difference.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Yes
    I do think it is the last Sims game.

They've said they want to keep doing it until it no longer makes sense.

Who knows though, I just don't see a Sims 5 happenig
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    peach1red wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the person was trying to ask if everyone thought that The Sims 4 would be the last game. Not that it was ending.
    The question was, "Do you truly think that The Sims 4 is the end of the road for the PC franchise?" If you look at the way it's worded it's notice it says 'is' instead of 'at.' It's a minor word change but it makes a huge difference.

Well in that case then I would say maybe as I don't think they've even started on Sims 5 yet. If it is the last sims game I hope that EA will sell it to another game studio.
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    Yes
    Whether it is, or it is not, it does not bode well for the future of the franchise, and Maxis. There is a reason EA is EA, and the reputation it has, that is all what I am going to say about that. All I hope now is that just like Sim City had Cities: Skylines, The Sims has a worthy, to more superior competitor going forward.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I fear it is. At least in the way I want the game to be (and even Sims 4 isn’t that anymore).

This.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2018
    No
    I just hope that some official source can give a statement considering this. Just a simple "No we're not dead" They know that the community is afraid about the end of The Sims franchise since they're firing amazing developers that have been there since the beginning and who know everything about the game.
    Thus far we've only seen a hand full of SimGurus saying "I love this game!!!". That's not what we're talking about here.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    This poor game reached the worst purpore ever. You cannot make more awful a game. So yes I hope it's the end, I don't want to hear anymore about EA. Please another company take this Franchise and EA go back.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Yes
    Too valuable? Umm....Sim City was too valuable too and now its Mobile instead of a PC game. 2013 doesn't get anything new. Sims 4 is Sim City 2013 of The Sims. It will be the end and EA will focus on Mobile.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Yes
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Not at all - I play x-box games on my pc -Microsoft made that possible. I can also play mobiles games on it - but I do not care for mobile games even though I have a few on my pc for young relatives that come to visit. The little ones like mobile games. I have my pc set though so no one but me can buy anything on my pc - so no micro-transitions are allowed for them. - I don't buy devices of any kind - I have no need - all I need is my pc and top of the line internet. I do own a flip phone for the very rare instances I have to go out of my house -it's such an ordeal just to do that - but I just carry a flip phone in case of emergency. I will never buy any tablet or any other portable device when my pc can do it all. I can even read e-books on it - if I want but I still like to read and buy real books - so no point - but I do have the software.

Funny my 9 year old nephew was annoyed my pc plays his fave mobile game way better than his expensive Smart phone does. On top of it he can see his game full screen with no distortion and doesn't have to squirt or get neck or finger pain.

Tell me again why I would want anything else or why pc is not the way we should be going. I mean think of it my neighbors son stood in line waiting for the newest x-box to play his new game - and I could already play the game with out even leaving my house.

But I still prefer PC games over any other game - and if I get the choice between console or pc - I will always go with pc.

Besides that new X-box doesn't hold a candle to my pc....

But The Sims pc is still my fav game.... I just can't imagine it ending...

I do not believe Sims mobile will work on pc - but even if it does - not interested. It's like Sims social - horrible idea.

I have a $4k rig myself but not every title of every game I want comes out on PC, even stores that owe their success to the once thriving PC gaming market mostly stock console games. It's a death that you cant deny but I guess consoles do put everyone on an even keel. I mean Iwas playing Sims 4 on this rig while someone was also playing it on a 10 year old laptop...
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Yes
    Not really sure but I feel like they are gonna stick around developing TS4.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top