Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    giveit2me wrote: »
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    This sentence was painful to read. Some people and some countries genuinely are poor. Not only having no compassion for them, but actually feeling insulted by someone mentioning their own poverty, is a pretty coldhearted reaction.
    When i was be in school i ate only once in day, it was live like that for more than 5 years, because my country was be destroyed and no one pay any money for people who work and people go to work and keep working just because they do not understand what else they should do. In those time i did discover that if you ate some paper it will remove hunger, so you can study and do not think about food, wood and paper are food too, i know this now. When i was be those poor i have no console games, all my books was be third+ hands, i wear clothes what my mom sewing for me from her old clothes and some home fabric such as curtains and etc. My shoes was be my mom shoes from her school years and my younger brother wear those shoes and some clothes after me. I hope this is enough of information for understand that i know how it be poor or live in country with no economic!
    In those time, i do not feel the need pity from others, i did not shame others who have more than me and i never felt that someone should give me something, because i am poor. Now i do not change this opinion about this.
    From my personal experience i feel that this is insulting to speak how poor you are and shame others who do not understand you position. If speak with someone richer than me this way i felt that i am deserve be who i am, because i have no pride and no respect to others, this is my personal opinion and my own experience.
    Why other people should feel guilty for things what they can't change and what are not their fault?
    Am i still coldhearted for you?

As adult i know that companies work for money and if you wish get something from them you main argument should not be cost and this should not be only complain about product, because this make no sense. Else as adult i understand that company cost in different countries are different, America is not cheap country for IT company and this is what people who speak about cost need understand first.

Else, saying that other people do not understand value of money is insulting too, if people do not speak about money this does not mean they do not understand cost.

But that's just the thing - cost is not the main argument here. I could copy and paste what I wrote above regarding cost-performance ratio but if you didn't want to read it earlier, I assume you're not going to want to read it now.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    But that's just the thing - cost is not the main argument here. I could copy and paste what I wrote above regarding cost-performance ratio but if you didn't want to read it earlier, I assume you're not going to want to read it now.
    So fast, ok, but i did not speak about cost only, i am tired to explain myself guess this is pointless.
    I am sorry, but i do not see how cost is not main argument.
    Many customers who complain in this topic complain about other product, product what this topic about no one of those complainers have yet and they are still feel that they have the right to complain those much about something what they do not have!
    This is topic about this stuff pack, not about whole game, not about other packs.
    What complains can add more to their complains except things what they was tell many time already.
    You do not own this product, no one own this yet, how people can make so many from nothing.
    If you own other product you can complain about them, here is not place for this.
    But you still may express you feelings about not existence product what you did not buy and do not plan to.
    But are you really need say this those many time?

No one have it yet and it already how many, 50 pages?!

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    So fast, ok, but i did not speak about cost only, i am tired to explain myself guess this is pointless.
    Many customers who complain in this topic complain about other product, product what this topic about no one of those complainers have yet and they are still feel that they have the right to complain those much about something what they do not have!
    This is topic about this stuff pack, not about whole game, not about other packs.
    What complains can add more to their complains except things what they was tell many time already.
    You do not own this product, no one own this yet, how people can make so many from nothing.
    If you own other product you can complain about them, here is not place for this.
    But you still may express you feelings about not existence product what you did not buy and do not plan to.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

That's because other threads were merged with this one. Furthermore, moderators have continuously asked for constructive criticism. I suggest you take it up with them if you think that's wrong.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    However, I've never actually seen poor people shame rich people for being rich on this forum. What I've repeatedly seen is:

Person A: "It's just 10 dollars, come on people, it's not a big deal!"
    Person B: "Actually, for some of us 10 dollars is a big deal."

This is not shaming - this is just giving factual information.

Then you do not read my comment correct or even do not read all of this threat, there are much more of this type comments, at last was be here before and they are not sound nice. They are as i describe them and this, by me, was be summarise feelings after all of those information what i was read for 2 days, btw.
  • Options
    Furthermore, moderators have continuously asked for constructive criticism. I suggest you take it up with them if you think that's wrong.

I do understand yours previous comments about cospa, i just do not want reply, because i do not see any solution in our conversation and do not want spend time for both of us, this is pointless, but when people keep bashing me, personally,hmm... i do not know why i keep conversation or be serious, will be plum for today, guess this is ok.
    But more i read comments in SNS about this game less i want play it, it feel like this game is not for me.

Constructive criticism is not repeating same things and if speak about cost performance, then:
    cospa for this SP is similar with cospa for others SP, typical SP!
    EP is not SP and even if they are connected, what is good in my taste, this doesn't mean that critic for EP are equal to critic about SP.
    And cospa of EP is not constructive critic of SP.
  • Options
    Furthermore, moderators have continuously asked for constructive criticism. I suggest you take it up with them if you think that's wrong.

I do understand yours previous comments about cospa, i just do not want reply, because i do not see any solution in our conversation and do not want spend time for both of us, this is pointless, but when people keep bashing me, personally,hmm... i do not know why i keep conversation or be serious, will be plum for today, guess this is ok.
    But more i read comments in SNS about this game less i want play it, it feel like this game is not for me.

Constructive criticism is not repeating same things and if speak about cost performance, then:
    EP is not SP and even if they are connected, what is good in my taste, this doesn't mean that critic for EP are equal to critic about SP.

How was I bashing you personally?

However, I'm happy to simply agree to disagree and move on.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @giveit2me I understand your points, but again, for most of us it's neither a money or a theme issue. It's not that I mind paying 10 for a SP. I've done it for literally every single other SP they've released thusfar, even for themes I wasn't 100% into.

And it's not a theme problem: you're right. If I don't like pets, seasons, jungle adventure, family play, etc., I'm being a plumhead for coming into the forums and yelling at people "don't buy this, it's the worst ever". I agree with that. And I'm not opposed at all to a small pet stuff pack. But I'm opposed, again, to getting recolored and retextured objects sold to me as something new.

Apart from the cage and the death there is nothingin this entire pack C&D users don't already have. That's where most of our issue with this pack really lies. The furniture matches C&D so well, it's indistinguishable from it. Like it belongs to the very same set. Like they made it at the very same time and then cut it out.

There are no new chewtoys, no new balls or frisbees, nothing special we don't already own. Nothing. And my kids won't even be sad when their first pet dies. It's bothersome and insulting, to us. That doesn't mean you can't like it, but stop making this a theme issue. There is a huge difference between not liking a theme that is very distinct from all other packs, and not liking getting slightly reskinned content that I should already own (not all of it, but 50-70% of it) on an expensive gold platter & make me pay for it again.

they arn't making you pay for anything
  • Options
    I have c&d and stuff packs always come with re skins I think there is more animal print stuff in this pack then there is in cats and dogs
    and they did put a new kids toy in its really cute and I don't think they could put ball in because it would take more animations then they had available and the pet beds do look new to me though they are a lot like the the others @SimTrippy
  • Options

do not be troubled by the people on the forum if you like the game enjoy it life is short don't let things like this bother you
    @giveit2me
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Nothing has made me angrier about this pack than reading that small pet death produces no sad moodlet. This is a problem for the following reasons:

- This pack is designed with family play in mind, focusing on the relationship between children and the first pet they learn to care for. Many children start off with small pets to learn the responsibilities they will need to take care of larger pets on their own one day. Feeding, socializing with, and cleaning up after a small pet is easier than a large pet and teaches children what it means to be responsible for the well-being of an animal. This process is undermined by treating small pets as interchangeable and disposable, providing a happy moodlet when first purchased but no consequences for failing to care for them. That's disturbingly similar to the all-too-familiar scenario when a child fails to take care of their new pet after the novelty wears off, and all responsibilities are shoved back on to the parent. I'd go so far as to say it's irresponsible of the Stuff Pack team to create this impression and legitimize this behaviour for the many young players who have been identified as the game's target audience. Others may disagree - the Sims allows us to do many irresponsible things and it's a richer game for that - but there should be consequences, especially for a feature targeted at the younger players. In a game where dog houses, a normal part of life for rural families, were excluded because of "animal cruelty", how on earth can they justify this?

- It is completely unrealistic. For many people the death of their first small pet is one of their first experiences with loss, and everyone probably knows someone with a small pet death story. Small pet deaths can have a huge impact on children, even a somewhat traumatic one. What if your Sim child doesn't get along well with their siblings or even parents (a functionality made more robust in Parenthood) and you create a story where the small pet is their security blanket? I know a child who was disproportionately affected by small pet death when her parents were going through a difficult separation. The fact that you can build relationships in the relationship panel with small pets but feel nothing when they die really gets my goat. That's not how it works.

- The decision is indicative of a wider problem with how death is handled in TS4. I've been collecting feedback about this for awhile now in this thread, but the gist is this: Death is treated like an afterthought, with persistent problems minimizing the impact of death on our Sims and consequently cheapening the meaningful relationships we try to build between Sims in our games. You were upstairs when Grandma died? Or she died in a room with expensive furniture and your favourite music playing? Not gonna ruin your day, if you even notice at all! What about if you're an adult and a family member (elderly parent, grown sibling, grown child) dies in a different household? Doesn't matter if they were listed as your best friend in the relationship panel - you won't know until you see their greyed-out portrait. It's completely immersion-breaking for a life simulation game. I have been vocal about this trend in the past and will continue to be vocal about it given the worrying direction we're going in with the lack of sad moodlet for small pet death in a game that beat into us from Marketing Day 1 how for "the first time" our Sims would have emotions.

Excellent post.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited March 2018
    @giveit2me
    I personally do not recall people saying ''I am so poor, my country so poor, i have no money and that's why EA are greedy".
    Indeed there were some who said they struggle with money - God knows it is a sad reality - they cannot type ''motherlode'' on the ATM.
    We should not take what they said out of the context and my personal belief is that 10$ is worth something, even for rich people - they do not throw every $10 bill at the trash, right?

My general understanding is:
    What people who complained about the costs meant is exactly what the others who do not complain about the cost said: A 10$ SP that contains one (1) new pet and a new objects for C&D (4 month after C&D is launched) is wrong.
    Both for those who have C&D and for those that do not have it. People bought C&D expecting to have everything in that pack. As we know, the pack is clearly missing content, otherwise we would have been happy. SP instead contains several new, nice objects for C&D. Which should have been in the original pack.
    On the other side, there will be people buying this SP and use probably half of it, cause the other half is for C&D. If they do not own it, they will pay for nothing. So it is not about the cost, it is about a bit twisted way to get a SP sold.

Just to be clear: I understand and respect people's choice to buy this pack. As I said in a previous post, I bought everything was released for this game, not waiting for discounts, not commenting on the value, just like a mother-fed sparrow. This time I choose not to, and I also take the freedom of writing about what makes me unhappy, hoping that EA will not repeat this move.

This! I too have bought all the packs at full price some I waited for others I bought the same day it came out, heck I even bought the kids stuff pack for a friend of mine and she absolutely loves it. But what's happening here really hurt me. It hurt my heart and broke my trust. In the past I have given the benefit of the doubt to this iteration. I won't say I always agreed with everything but I still bought the packs because I do like aspects of the game amongst other things. However, making moves like this really hurt.

Edited:because my auto correct had me sounding crazy lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    All those dislikes on the main video :o:o I never saw that before for a sims game. Well I think those who feel cheated are getting the point across :blush:

I don't blame the gurus (i know they must have known this wouldn't have gone over so well - hence the reason they didn't have it in the quarterly teaser) you know what they should have done? Made the cats and dogs content a pre-order bonus or even a "deluxe/limited edition" to that expansion - and kept the small pets out of it.

Anyways whats done is done. We'll see what happens come release day and the weeks to follow. Easter week is in three weeks I think. There may be a sale somewhere (amazon etc, if not origin on the packs) so wait on that and see what happens, if you think it's at least worth a discount :wink:
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Glad I watched the livestream. Got to see the stuff in action. :) The little pets are cute and all, but guess what?

You can have Vampire Hamster Ghosts! Vampires aren't immune to the new illness. Woot! One more way to eliminate and then humilate them! >:)

But they won't die if they are not in the active household, so much for the my initial thoughts of sending an heavily infected sim to visit certain households in Forgotten Hollow...
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    People got the wrong idea it requires C&D to function, when that's really only a few silly costumes that are left out entirely. You can still use the pet items (feeders n the like) for decoration, which some have even thought to use for playful kids or Sims with stuffed animals, lol.

I think the pack has somewhat heavy focus on the pet outfits and some furniture to be a small pet pack. I have Cats & Dogs, but if I didn't, I would find this approach (the same price for everyone) very, very unfair.

I was really looking forward to seeing rabbits out of their cages and roaming around the house as they used to do in mine, using their cage only as a bathroom, but it didn't happen (no rabbits - nothing that wouldn't be tied to their cages like babies to their cribs).

Side note - I can't believe they never "fixed" the babies. I remember taking my burrito baby on a stroll in TS3, and passing the weird spider-baby looking things in TS2 from parent to parent.
    Good times.

Babies are just objects you can use alt ] on them.

09-12-14_3-29nbspAM_zps0d3e16c0.png
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    If your feelings and opinions on something can be brought down so easily by a couple of people on the internet or what you call “the same few negative people commenting over and over again”, chances are they weren’t really strong or reasonable in the first place.
    Now that is completely true. If you like/want something, no comment on the Internet should affect that.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    The pack is already here. It is hindsight now. The @TheGoodOldGamer is right. People would never have heard what they said. You have to decide what you are going to do. You either decide to buy it or not. You can't resort to peer preassure. I saw some of that going on in that chat. They are well aware of the anger.

I disagree. It is NOT too late. The pack has not released yet. There is still time for something to be changed. That's the beauty of DLC.

True. But it'd be more expensive for them to recall the ones that have already shipped to different stores for Tuesday's debut, so I doubt they will.

But don't those just contain game codes to enter into Origin? I don't think they do discs anymore.

The boxes might contain codes but the stores still have to sell them. They're not just gonna hand them out or something. :D Origin might be easy to flip the switch to free on, but I doubt it is for Walmart, Target, etc. ;)

Right, but the company can choose at any time to take something out and patch it, rather than sell it as part of the pack, yes? I have never asked for this entire pack to be a freebie. I have requested that the Cats and Dogs objects, the things that were stated as "bonus" content, the things that are useless to those who do not even own Cats and Dogs, be patched in separately. I know that there are others who feel that the entire pack should be given for free, but that is not me. Please do not assume that every person speaking out is the same. That is what causes more division and aggression.

There probably wouldn't be enough left in the pack for them to do them that. SimGuruGraham assured us that there would be CAS for human sims in the pack but what they showed of that was very underwhelming, the hair with the highlights was nice but I am not going to pay $NZ 15 for a single hair.
    tsNVdyA.png

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    People got the wrong idea it requires C&D to function, when that's really only a few silly costumes that are left out entirely. You can still use the pet items (feeders n the like) for decoration, which some have even thought to use for playful kids or Sims with stuffed animals, lol.

I think the pack has somewhat heavy focus on the pet outfits and some furniture to be a small pet pack. I have Cats & Dogs, but if I didn't, I would find this approach (the same price for everyone) very, very unfair.

I was really looking forward to seeing rabbits out of their cages and roaming around the house as they used to do in mine, using their cage only as a bathroom, but it didn't happen (no rabbits - nothing that wouldn't be tied to their cages like babies to their cribs).

Side note - I can't believe they never "fixed" the babies. I remember taking my burrito baby on a stroll in TS3, and passing the weird spider-baby looking things in TS2 from parent to parent.
    Good times.

Baby is hungry. You'd better feed baby. Hungry baby is grumpy, and you won't like baby when he's grumpy.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Good times.

Baby is hungry. You'd better feed baby. Hungry baby is grumpy, and you won't like baby when he's grumpy.
    Rofl!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".