Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,525 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    The pack is already here. It is hindsight now. The @TheGoodOldGamer is right. People would never have heard what they said. You have to decide what you are going to do. You either decide to buy it or not. You can't resort to peer preassure. I saw some of that going on in that chat. They are well aware of the anger.

I disagree. It is NOT too late. The pack has not released yet. There is still time for something to be changed. That's the beauty of DLC.

True. But it'd be more expensive for them to recall the ones that have already shipped to different stores for Tuesday's debut, so I doubt they will.

But don't those just contain game codes to enter into Origin? I don't think they do discs anymore.

Oh, I'm a doof. That's so true! *smacks head* it's late. Ignore what I said. lol They can change it! Um, my logical side still says they won't, though. :/

Haha, it's all right. Sometimes I still have trouble adjusting to all digital tech.

I'm not so sure anything will change either, but no change would have a chance if I didn't at least try.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    The pack is already here. It is hindsight now. The @TheGoodOldGamer is right. People would never have heard what they said. You have to decide what you are going to do. You either decide to buy it or not. You can't resort to peer preassure. I saw some of that going on in that chat. They are well aware of the anger.

I disagree. It is NOT too late. The pack has not released yet. There is still time for something to be changed. That's the beauty of DLC.

are you saying you want them it make it free get real
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

True. But it'd be more expensive for them to recall the ones that have already shipped to different stores for Tuesday's debut, so I doubt they will.

But don't those just contain game codes to enter into Origin? I don't think they do discs anymore.

The boxes might contain codes but the stores still have to sell them. They're not just gonna hand them out or something. :D Origin might be easy to flip the switch to free on, but I doubt it is for Walmart, Target, etc. ;)

Right, but the company can choose at any time to take something out and patch it, rather than sell it as part of the pack, yes? I have never asked for this entire pack to be a freebie. I have requested that the Cats and Dogs objects, the things that were stated as "bonus" content, the things that are useless to those who do not even own Cats and Dogs, be patched in separately. I know that there are others who feel that the entire pack should be given for free, but that is not me. Please do not assume that every person speaking out is the same. That is what causes more division and aggression.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Not sure how to feel about this. When I saw this last night, I wasn't very happy about it. The costumes should've been part of C&D and it is fine to have a pet pack and I wanted one, but what I envisioned was fish tanks, lizzards, snakes, insects, ect. This morning, I realized that there is more than one pet and I was able to look at the stuff better.

What I'm wondering is it shows a fish tank table, but it doesn't mention or show if this is a real fish tank. I've tried to see a fish in it and I don't see one. I wonder if there is more to the pack or not, like a working table fish tank?

It's decorative. They showed it in the livestream. It has it's own fish. Also I love how the seaplants move in the water. Graham says you can change the color of the frame but not the water color.

• Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    giveit2me wrote: »
    Are you seriously suggesting that voicing criticism equals prescribing how everybody should feel about something or deciding how the game should be? It's not that black and white. Granted, there have been posts targeting a specific group of people and accusing them of having the wrong opinion. Of course that's not okay, as everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

But how is your post different from theirs?

People who repeating same critic in same place over and over again and do not bring anything new, except repeating same ideas by different words, are not doing this for expressing their negative feelings/opinions, but for rising voice and get attention for their opinion. By doing so those people trying dictate to others those opinion. This is not just opinion if it keep repeating, this is command/demand.
    Those people expect that their opinion be noticed and be accepted or even followed, this is depend.
    Such "critic" are insult and this will not help to make game better anyway and some of those critics not even care about it.
    When people saying things like:
    "hope people will not buy this", "we should not buy this", "why people are buying this" - this is not critic, but insults.
    "I am so poor, my country so poor, i have no money and that's why EA are greedy" "rip off" "we want free" - are insults.
    Such "critic" have nothing to do with subject.
    How is this critic?
    How is this constructive??

>>How my comment is different?
    Will try to explain my comment, i am sorry if this hard to read:
    My comment is not critic, but request or maybe suggest better word, not sure.
    I was tried to explain that not only them (critics) feeling confused sometime, but when other people feel confused, me personally.
    I do not go to people who feeling good about something for annoy them with my "i am not agree, you are feeling wrong".
    I do not looking for groups of supporters for be able to tell those happy one " look, we are not agree, you are at wrong side".
    This is ok say something not nice, but when people keep saying this in same place over and over again it look like demonstration.
    Demonstrations are not for critics, they are demands.

I wrote those comment with hope that such people will stop their "critic"=hunting campaign against things what other people might like and might want to see more of those things, i like.
    I hope that those critics will understand that not only they have feelings and no need to repeat again and again same opinion in same place.
    I did wrote those after reading all of this pages yesterday and today. Else i did read youtube and several other sns places, all critic repeating same things, this is look like collective coma but those people calling people who do not hate this pack names.

This pack, we are speaking about pack right?, will be in shop at women's holiday here and this is happy present for me.
    I am glad EA give something.
    If you see no difference in my comment, what was be not critic but suggestion, and those comments what you called "critic". Then, i guess, i was be right in my feeling that those comments are not critic at all, but request to those who want like this pack.

Else, i do complain and critic this game too, i want many changes for this game for example in building area, many of my comments at this forum are somehow complains. But i do not complain in place where others waiting for something what they are like to see and happy waiting, because this is not nice thing to do, in my opinion.

And honestly, how people can feel that they have right to complain those much about something what they do not have, we are speak about this pack, right?

People have the right to criticize whatever they want. If I understand you correctly, you're saying they're doing it just to spite everybody who's looking forward to this pack. I don't doubt that there are people who would do that but the majority of critical posts I've seen here were made in an attempt to correct issues they see with the pack and, moreover, other concerns they have about the game in general that are highlighted by this pack's content, marketing, and release.

There's a very good post a few pages back by @LiELF who somehow managed to express the main concerns that many (not all, of course!) share in a very rational manner. Its not simply about the money. People are not ignorant of the fact that EA as a company of course aims to make money.

However, there is such a thing as cost-performance ratio. Many criticize that Cats & Dogs was low on content and that this content is now sold in a separate SP. Now, of course everyone who feels this way can choose whether or not to buy the pack. This is where emotion and loyalty come in because this game is so much more than a game for many of us. So speaking up about our concerns feels imperative in order to make sure that we will be able to continue to enjoy this game.

This is not an attack on anybody who is happy with Cats & Dogs and the new SP. It's also not an attack on the gurus. It's an attempt to make EA listen to the concerns people have with regard to the direction the franchise seems to be going. In the end we all just want a great Sims game.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    Are you seriously suggesting that voicing criticism equals prescribing how everybody should feel about something or deciding how the game should be? It's not that black and white. Granted, there have been posts targeting a specific group of people and accusing them of having the wrong opinion. Of course that's not okay, as everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

People who repeating same critic in same place over and over again and do not bring anything new, except repeating same ideas by different words, are not doing this for expressing their negative feelings/opinions, but for rising voice and get attention for their opinion. By doing so those people trying dictate to others those opinion. This is not just opinion if it keep repeating, this is command/demand.
    Those people expect that their opinion be noticed and be accepted or even followed, this is depend.
    Such "critic" are insult and this will not help to make game better anyway and some of those critics not even care about it.
    "hope people will not buy this", "we should not buy this", "why people are buying this" - this is not critic, but insults.
    "I am so poor, my country so poor, i have no money and that's why EA are greedy" "rip off" "we want free" - are insults.
    How is this critic?

I was tried to explain that not only them (critics) feeling confused sometime, but when other people feel confused, me personally.
    I do not go to people who feeling good about something for annoy them with my "i am not agree, you are feeling wrong".
    I do not looking for groups of supporters for be able to tell those happy one " look, we are not agree, you are at wrong side".
    This is ok say something not nice, but when people keep saying this in same place over and over again it look like demonstration.

I wrote those comment with hope that such people will stop their "critic"=hunting campaign against things what other people might like and might want to see more of those things, i like.
    I hope that those critics will understand that not only they have feelings and no need to repeat again and again same opinion in same place.
    I did wrote those after reading all of this pages yesterday and today. Else i did read youtube and several other sns places, all critic repeating same things, this is look like collective coma but those people calling people who do not hate this pack names.

This pack, we are speaking about pack right?, will be in shop at women's holiday here and this is happy present for me.
    If you see no difference in my comment, what was be not critic but suggestion, and those comments what you called "critic". Then, i guess, i was be right in my feeling that those comments are not critic at all, but request to those who want like this pack.

Else, i do complain and critic this game too, i want many changes for this game for example in building area, many of my comments at this forum are somehow complains. But i do not complain in place where others waiting for something what they are like to see and happy waiting, because this is not nice thing to do, in my opinion.

And honestly, how people can feel that they have right to complain those much about something what they do not have, we are speak about this pack, right?

you make good points but there's no need to explain people who do things like that will keep doing it regardless
  • Options

How is this critic?

People have the right to criticize whatever they want. If I understand you correctly, you're saying they're doing it just to spite everybody who's looking forward to this pack. I don't doubt that there are people who would do that but the majority of critical posts I've seen here were made in an attempt to correct issues they see with the pack and, moreover, other concerns they have about the game in general that are highlighted by this pack's content, marketing, and release.

There's a very good post a few pages back by @LiELF who somehow managed to express the main concerns that many (not all, of course!) share in a very rational manner. Its not simply about the money. People are not ignorant of the fact that EA as a company of course aims to make money.

However, there is such a thing as cost-performance ratio. Many criticize that Cats & Dogs was low on content and that this content is now sold in a separate SP. Now, of course everyone who feels this way can choose whether or not to buy the pack. This is where emotion and loyalty come in because this game is so much more than a game for many of us. So speaking up about our concerns feels imperative in order to make sure that we will be able to continue to enjoy this game.

This is not an attack on anybody who is happy with Cats & Dogs and the new SP. It's also not an attack on the gurus. It's an attempt to make EA listen to the concerns people have with regard to the direction the franchise seems to be going. In the end we all just want a great Sims game.

Very well explained, and I would like to reiterate that many of us are not trying to attack the people who are happy with the new pack or Cats and Dogs. Maybe some people are trying harder than others to share their perspective, in hopes of bringing understanding or gaining more allies, but that's because we feel very strongly about this and because we actually care about the game. It's not a hate fest with no purpose, it's a drive to get a specific message out to those who make a difference.

What other option do we have to make ourselves heard? Call customer support? (If you've heard any of the tales of how difficult it is to get through to someone at EA, you'll get the humor of this.)
    #Team Occult
  • Options

How is this critic?

Very well explained, and I would like to reiterate that many of us are not trying to attack the people who are happy with the new pack or Cats and Dogs. Maybe some people are trying harder than others to share their perspective, in hopes of bringing understanding or gaining more allies, but that's because we feel very strongly about this and because we actually care about the game. It's not a hate fest with no purpose, it's a drive to get a specific message out to those who make a difference.

What other option do we have to make ourselves heard? Call customer support? (If you've heard any of the tales of how difficult it is to get through to someone at EA, you'll get the humor of this.)

Thank you!

(Also, some people were posting that customer support specifically told them to post their opinion on the official forum, i.e. here.)
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options

How is this critic?

Thank you!

(Also, some people were posting that customer support specifically told them to post their opinion on the official forum, i.e. here.)

I can't believe people are bothering customer support about this that's not there job
    they are there for bugs or pc trouble
  • Options

are you saying you want them it make it free get real

I have made several posts on this thread taking the time to explain my position, yet people continue to paint me with a brush in the color of their choosing. You have just assumed something of me that I have not been asking for. I recommend holding back on your quick judgement of an individual until you know exactly where they stand.

Guys, I get it. The people who are in full support of this pack are irritated to keep hearing that others are upset, and some people have gotten out of line with their aggression. I get annoyed too, when there's a pack I'm anticipating and a bunch of negativity comes blasting my way. It's unpleasant and no one wants to have their happiness brought down. But it still doesn't grant anyone the right to make assumptions on someone, lump people together in a category of their choosing, or treat them with disrespect. This goes for any side of any opinion on any content. I won't try to claim that I've been completely angelic through all of this, but when it comes to speaking to someone directly, I try to be respectful. If I step out of line, I have no reservations about apologizing.

Also, there are many threads dedicated to the positive anticipation of this pack that I would hope are being left alone by those who speak against it. Most of the negative threads got merged here. We were told in this thread, by one of the EA moderators, that our constructive criticism is welcome, and to post it here, so this is where those people are free to discuss our feelings. You are, of course, welcome to continue here in the discussion with us, (as you probably know), but you should be aware that you are going to see posts that you strongly disagree with.

well I don't read everything everyone says and a lot of what people are saying is just repeating the same thing
    so yes I'm going to skip some of it and also the quote I ask about was really vague
    the only thing I could think you meant was ether you wanted things removed all together or you wanted something for free
    and here's what you said to someone else after I asked

I have requested that the Cats and Dogs objects, the things that were stated as "bonus" content, the things that are useless to those who do not even own Cats and Dogs, be patched in separately.
    so you do want some of it for free
    though I suppose I could have left off the get real part thats just how my family talks to each other its akin to don't be silly
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    I have no horse in this race - I'm not going to buy this stuff pack, but I have no strong feelings about it either way. But this long diatribe against people with negative opinions was genuinely painful to read.

1. There is nothing wrong with rising one's voice and getting attention.
    2. No, that's not how it works! An opinion repeated ten times, a hundred times, or a thousand times is still an opinion. An opinion can't become a command any more than an apple can become a cabbage.
    This sentence was painful to read. Some people and some countries genuinely are poor. Not only having no compassion for them, but actually feeling insulted by someone mentioning their own poverty, is a pretty coldhearted reaction.

be nice and also its not ea's job to make things affordable for everyone
    and people have a right to disagree with the people who don't like the pack thats what this thread is for
    and also if someone called you greedy wouldn't you be insulted? I would
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • Options
    Terra wrote: »
    Nothing has made me angrier about this pack than reading that small pet death produces no sad moodlet. This is a problem for the following reasons:

- This pack is designed with family play in mind, focusing on the relationship between children and the first pet they learn to care for. Many children start off with small pets to learn the responsibilities they will need to take care of larger pets on their own one day. Feeding, socializing with, and cleaning up after a small pet is easier than a large pet and teaches children what it means to be responsible for the well-being of an animal. This process is undermined by treating small pets as interchangeable and disposable, providing a happy moodlet when first purchased but no consequences for failing to care for them. That's disturbingly similar to the all-too-familiar scenario when a child fails to take care of their new pet after the novelty wears off, and all responsibilities are shoved back on to the parent. I'd go so far as to say it's irresponsible of the Stuff Pack team to create this impression and legitimize this behaviour for the many young players who have been identified as the game's target audience. Others may disagree - the Sims allows us to do many irresponsible things and it's a richer game for that - but there should be consequences, especially for a feature targeted at the younger players. In a game where dog houses, a normal part of life for rural families, were excluded because of "animal cruelty", how on earth can they justify this?

- It is completely unrealistic. For many people the death of their first small pet is one of their first experiences with loss, and everyone probably knows someone with a small pet death story. Small pet deaths can have a huge impact on children, even a somewhat traumatic one. What if your Sim child doesn't get along well with their siblings or even parents (a functionality made more robust in Parenthood) and you create a story where the small pet is their security blanket? I know a child who was disproportionately affected by small pet death when her parents were going through a difficult separation. The fact that you can build relationships in the relationship panel with small pets but feel nothing when they die really gets my goat. That's not how it works.

- The decision is indicative of a wider problem with how death is handled in TS4. I've been collecting feedback about this for awhile now in this thread, but the gist is this: Death is treated like an afterthought, with persistent problems minimizing the impact of death on our Sims and consequently cheapening the meaningful relationships we try to build between Sims in our games. You were upstairs when Grandma died? Or she died in a room with expensive furniture and your favourite music playing? Not gonna ruin your day, if you even notice at all! What about if you're an adult and a family member (elderly parent, grown sibling, grown child) dies in a different household? Doesn't matter if they were listed as your best friend in the relationship panel - you won't know until you see their greyed-out portrait. It's completely immersion-breaking for a life simulation game. I have been vocal about this trend in the past and will continue to be vocal about it given the worrying direction we're going in with the lack of sad moodlet for small pet death in a game that beat into us from Marketing Day 1 how for "the first time" our Sims would have emotions.

I agree that needs to change and maybe they will fix it
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    did not mean to post
  • Options
    I have no horse in this race - I'm not going to buy this stuff pack, but I have no strong feelings about it either way. But this long diatribe against people with negative opinions was genuinely painful to read.

2. No, that's not how it works! An opinion repeated ten times, a hundred times, or a thousand times is still an opinion. An opinion can't become a command any more than an apple can become a cabbage.
    This sentence was painful to read. Some people and some countries genuinely are poor. Not only having no compassion for them, but actually feeling insulted by someone mentioning their own poverty, is a pretty coldhearted reaction.

and people have a right to disagree with the people who don't like the pack thats what this thread is for

Yes, people absolutely have the right to disagree with other people’s opinions. That was precisely what @PalmArrow was pointing out in response to the other poster’s comments that people shouldn’t be critical.

Also, how exactly was @PalmArrow not nice? They were honest, yes, but not insulting in the least.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

No, however many of EA's purchases come from these poor people who know the value of their money. To be told that they expansion is incomplete and that they should hand over even more money to EA to fix that will drive customers away. That reads to me as a far bigger insult than calling anyone greedy.
  • Options

They also didn’t call anyone greedy - that was the poster who also shamed people for being poor/frugal.
  • Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    edited March 2018
    @giveit2me
    I personally do not recall people saying ''I am so poor, my country so poor, i have no money and that's why EA are greedy".
    Indeed there were some who said they struggle with money - God knows it is a sad reality - they cannot type ''motherlode'' on the ATM.
    We should not take what they said out of the context and my personal belief is that 10$ is worth something, even for rich people - they do not throw every $10 bill at the trash, right?

My general understanding is:
    What people who complained about the costs meant is exactly what the others who do not complain about the cost said: A 10$ SP that contains one (1) new pet and a new objects for C&D (4 month after C&D is launched) is wrong.
    Both for those who have C&D and for those that do not have it. People bought C&D expecting to have everything in that pack. As we know, the pack is clearly missing content, otherwise we would have been happy. SP instead contains several new, nice objects for C&D. Which should have been in the original pack.
    On the other side, there will be people buying this SP and use probably half of it, cause the other half is for C&D. If they do not own it, they will pay for nothing. So it is not about the cost, it is about a bit twisted way to get a SP sold.

Just to be clear: I understand and respect people's choice to buy this pack. As I said in a previous post, I bought everything was released for this game, not waiting for discounts, not commenting on the value, just like a mother-fed sparrow. This time I choose not to, and I also take the freedom of writing about what makes me unhappy, hoping that EA will not repeat this move.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    mirta000 wrote: »

No, however many of EA's purchases come from these poor people who know the value of their money. To be told that they expansion is incomplete and that they should hand over even more money to EA to fix that will drive customers away. That reads to me as a far bigger insult than calling anyone greedy.

things are worth what people will pay for them and I and my family know a great deal about the value of money
    just because someone does not mind the way someone does business or the price they set for something they put a lot of work into
    doesn't mean they don't know the value of money far from it
    there are a lot of people who are poor who understand the value of hard work who will save and happily pay for this pack
  • Options
    giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2018
    When i was be in school i ate only once in day...blablabla personal experience off topic have nothing to do with this threat.
    Better be short:
    I know how it be poor or live in country with no economic!
    From my personal experience i feel that this is insulting to speak how poor you are and shame others who do not understand you position.
    Saying that other people do not understand value of money is insulting too, if people do not speak about money this does not mean they do not understand cost.

But, why other people should feel guilty for things what they can't change and what are not their fault?
    Why shame other people? This is not their choice that you are where you are and you have what you have. Why they should feel bad about this?

I know that companies work for money and if you wish get something from them you main argument should not be cost and this should not be only complain about product, because this make no sense. Else as adult i understand that company cost in different countries are different, America is not cheap country for IT company and this is what people who speak about cost need understand first.