Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    The thing is, people keep making this a "for" or "against" situation. And as someone who has always supported Stuff Packs in the past, (though I do feel that some are skimpier than others) that perception is very frustrating and it stinks to be lumped together and neatly categorized by judgemental people who would like everyone to fit into a labeled box.

I'm someone who shouts just as loudly when I'm excited for a pack, like Jungle Adventures. I adore Cats and Dogs, but I still felt a noticeable gap in the pet objects. That is where my issue lies. I felt we got a bare minimum of cat and dog objects, in an expansion that was meant to focus exclusively on those two animals. To me, that should have included a variety of beds and bowls and chew toys, etc. Narrowing the focus of the pack to two specific pets communicates that those things directly relating to that focus will be prioritized. But it didn't feel that way. Yes, the pets were awesome, and I'm so grateful that the cats were given an abundance of love this time. But it still felt like a dirty deal when suddenly, so shortly after the expansion, more objects turn up with the assurance of "bonus" attached, yet gated behind another cost. It just feels very wrong to me, which is why I feel that those particular objects, if truly a bonus, should be patched to us. I have no issue paying for the rest, but I do find it disappointing that an entire small pets pack is not thought to be in the works. And I do question the intentions of development concerning future stuff packs with single pets being sold to us in pieces, because that would be quite costly in the end.

Another well said statement! I absolutely agree
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    The thing is, people keep making this a "for" or "against" situation. And as someone who has always supported Stuff Packs in the past, (though I do feel that some are skimpier than others) that perception is very frustrating and it stinks to be lumped together and neatly categorized by judgemental people who would like everyone to fit into a labeled box.

I'm someone who shouts just as loudly when I'm excited for a pack, like Jungle Adventures. I adore Cats and Dogs, but I still felt a noticeable gap in the pet objects. That is where my issue lies. I felt we got a bare minimum of cat and dog objects, in an expansion that was meant to focus exclusively on those two animals. To me, that should have included a variety of beds and bowls and chew toys, etc. Narrowing the focus of the pack to two specific pets communicates that those things directly relating to that focus will be prioritized. But it didn't feel that way. Yes, the pets were awesome, and I'm so grateful that the cats were given an abundance of love this time. But it still felt like a dirty deal when suddenly, so shortly after the expansion, more objects turn up with the assurance of "bonus" attached, yet gated behind another cost. It just feels very wrong to me, which is why I feel that those particular objects, if truly a bonus, should be patched to us. I have no issue paying for the rest, but I do find it disappointing that an entire small pets pack is not thought to be in the works. And I do question the intentions of development concerning future stuff packs with single pets being sold to us in pieces, because that would be quite costly in the end.

I understand where you are coming from and I don't disagree with you. I would have rather had the pack be only about kids and small pets. I am sure they have seen your post. It was quite good by the way. No, you shouldn't be lumped in with people who unfortunately do not know how to handle their anger.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

And that would be illegal.

How is it illegal? They do it all the time. I've seen several variations of CC that use EA's meshes and offer them for free. Its when they sell CC where the problem is, but if they offer it for free I don't see what the problem is if it's already happening. did you not read the post SimGuruDrake wrote about when it comes to Mod/CC creators?

Normally when offering it though, the cc requires the user own the pack the item came from. The modder can't just offer the one piece and include the original mesh. I use maxis match cc and know that much.

I've seen things that were turned into BGC for those who don't own the pack. So it's possible. I was under the impression that if its given for free there is no issue. But you are right. Typically would have to have the pack but there ar plenty creators who have made some content BGC

Technically converting any mesh (even a modified mesh) included in a paid DLC into a BGC item is a violation of the EULA. Custom meshes that are created from scratch by the content creator are not.

Yes, making paid content free is illegal. That's what I meant. CC build/buy looks like trash anyway so I would never touch it.

It's very insulting to call it all trash. CC creators spend a lot of time. They are fans just like we are trying to enhance the game.

I'll stick to EA for content to enhance my game, thank you.

That's why your skin and body hair is cc, right?

I said Build/Buy so please read my posts properly, buddy. :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,499 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

I understand where you are coming from and I don't disagree with you. I would have rather had the pack be only about kids and small pets. I am sure they have seen your post. It was quite good by the way. No, you shouldn't be lumped in with people who unfortunately do not know how to handle their anger.

Thank you, I very much appreciate it. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited March 2018
    They don't want buy this pack unless you have cats and dogs installed. They are right when they say they cannot prevent it but I read on Twitter that they are recommending you have cats and dogs installed.

Presumably because the majority of the content would be unavailable otherwise. A person is literally handing over money for a rat cage and lots of decor items without C&D

The hamster thing looks cute, although I can't wrap my head around the idea that they didn't give sims the sadness moodlet when their pet dies. Their very first pet and it dies and they don't care. (Not too unlike death reactions in general) But it's even odder when your sims will be sad if their cat or dog runs away but they don't care two hoots about their pet rodent dying. "It's too negative"

Can you remember your first pet dying? Were you upset.? I know this is a game. But this is a game that prides itself on an amazing, in depth emotional system.

Sorry am I playing the sims 4 or My sims? As someone else has said, Mario has more danger and "negativity" these days.

I'm not surprised the chat wasn't properly addressed. I don't really think though that if they had come out all serious faces and had a discussion it would calmed down the folks upset. They still would have continued and the stream would have been about that and not the pack. In that sense they couldn't do right for doing wrong.

I'm not knocking those upset. I am too. But they were not going to come out and sit down and have an open discussion. Had they wanted that or changed their minds they would have done so. Will this happen again? Yes if this pack sells well.

• Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    edited March 2018
    I really do hope they touch base with the less than happy part of the fanbase thou eventually. It's heavily needed.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for that. Even when they screw up big time (leaving toddlers out of the base game) if they do address it they will only spin it to try and make it a positive ("leaving them out was best decision we ever made"). I don't think I've ever seen Maxis, and especially not EA, give an honest answer to negative feedback or negative fan reactions. The most you will get is a PR statement with all the current buzzwords talking about how great whatever (bad) decision they made is.
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited March 2018
    @davina1221 they did a stream today and they talked about the fish tank. Can't add your own fish, prestocked but the fish move

https://youtu.be/KC-72QNx_3M?t=31m4s

(nvm, I was on an older page apparently lmao. Still may be relevant if you didn't get your answer tho )
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I kinda love how people act all shocked at them leaving out negative aspects in this game. Like, hellooo ? It's been going on for years now. SimGuruDrake literally said in an interview that they want to create a safe space with this game.
    Heck, even SimGuruLyndsay said in the ask a Guru thread that because times are changing ( aka we tumblr now and you better get used to it ) they couldn't include overtly sexual or dark elements like in previous games, mainly referring to stuff like cake dancers and a more fearsome grim reaper.

I do remember that and you are right, I guess I didn't expect it in such an extreme scale? and I'm guessing from the way people are reacting, that they didn't' expect it in the same way either. Facts are facts however.
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    I really do hope they touch base with the less than happy part of the fanbase thou eventually. It's heavily needed.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for that. Even when they screw up big time (leaving toddlers out of the base game) if they do address it they will only spin it to try and make it a positive ("leaving them out was best decision we ever made"). I don't think I've ever seen Maxis, and especially not EA, give an honest answer to negative feedback or negative fan reactions. The most you will get is a PR statement with all the current buzzwords talking about how great whatever (bad) decision they made is.

It is kinda like sims fans are "trying to make a door out of a brick wall" isn't it?
    Yes I understand and recognize your points. All of this is true honestly.
    I guess some of us just can't quite call it quits. lol. Too much love for this franchise, perhaps.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    The fact that you can't add your own fish is so ridiculous.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,269 Member
    Mabe what needs to happen . Is a written response or an explanation. On why they did what they did . I think the community will fill better if they just let us know they are listening.Maybe we can also get some cats and dogs stuff that is tei in patched in for free .
  • Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member

This is extremely well said. Thank you! I'm one who has been excited about the pack, but I completely see where you're coming from, and find myself agreeing with what you said. This is how to constructively criticize. It didn't feel soapboxy or condescending, you didn't shout, you didn't demand the pack for free or tell others what to do, and you got your points across. If only all discussion here could be like this!
  • Options
    ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    This really isn't that worth it but knowing me, I'm probably going to end up buying it anyways.

RIP my bank account
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
  • Options
    giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2018
    Boy that was hard to watch, would it kill them to admit that this was a big mistake and us as consumers are displeased??? I mean, will it really hurt their ego? I mean, take feedback and address the problem, obviously A LOT of people (not just some) are very disappointed...if I were a part gaming company I would seriously consider my customers feedback...I also noticed on a lot of 1st reactions of this pack on youtube, people who have defended TS4 and stood by it are very disappointed they will not sugarcoat this was a mistake...just saying that OBVIOUSLY says something...

What? Why is this mistake?
    If this mistake for you or few other sns active noisy "fan", it still doesn't mean that this is mistake.
    Many displeased customers in this topic and youtube repeat same things and acting so similar, it look a bit lunatic for me.
    You are not only one who play this game and this game should not always go you way only.
    Not everyone SNS active, not everyone have a lot of time, not everyone love to complain.
    But it doesn't mean that those players are not important. Here i see that we are not important for people with big voice.

Some unhappy customers in this threat point that they are enjoying JA GP and how good that they have it still.
    But, i HATE JA and pre-GP "free" update made me hate JA even more.
    This is not my taste and i am not happy, at all.
    But i do not go for people who happy about GP and free update.
    I do not judge their joy and do not shame them that BECAUSE THEY ARE i am NOT HAPPY!
    I do not insult their personal taste and their feelings.
    I do not hunting those people and game developers for JA GP.
    I do not demand "DO NOT DO IT AGAIN!" or "YOU MUST EXPLAIN!"
    I do not stalk people who love it and do not tell them look at me I AM NOT HAPPY! I AM NOT!
    DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW NOT HAPPY I AM!
    MEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEE!!
    As those people who, do not like this stuff pack, doing here and almost everywhere.

Here there are 48+ pages and most of comments are from small group of people.
    Those people feel the need tell to everyone:
    they will be not happy if other will be happy and how much they will be happy if other people will be unhappy together with them.

Most negative comments here are about money and only one suggestion what all of those people see is "gimme free".
    People lead rebels and wish that developers have less money, wish that game be destroyed=developers lost their job.
    This people want free and they will not be happy till they will not hear "free".
    They want attack and what developers can say to clam down those people???

If you wish to complain that EP is empty for you, go to treat about those EP and complain.
    This is SP, you are in wrong threat!!! This SP is typical SP, typical.
    But better not complain and just suggest what you would like to see and what you like to improve and in details.
    I guess this will help more than complains.

I love this pack and i love this type of content.
    This is not mistake for me and i honestly can buy few more packs with pets stuff only, for old pets as well.
    I can buy pack full of beds only or toys only or etc and i will feel happy about this.
    And if this time you are not happy it doesn't mean that you have right to insulting developers for this.
    They are care other people this time, not always everything for you.

This is type of content what i like and this is what make me feel happy.
    I want a lot of other things, more big things, but i am happy that at last i get something.
    And i hope that people who are not happy just go away, as i do when i am not happy.

Else i really like idea to tie up all packs with each other, it can make game much better and i like idea to make more of SP for GP and EP.
    This is not greed, this make game be more interesting.
  • Options
    OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    COnsidering the Witchhunt/nastiness around what happened to poor SimGuruDrake I wouldnt want to talk with anyone in the community either.
  • Options
    ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    @giveit2me We have the right to complain as customers. Not everyone is going to love it. Sure, some people are over the top but if we don't like something, we'll express how we feel because the forums is about having your own opinions.
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Oddzball wrote: »
    COnsidering the Witchhunt/nastiness around what happened to poor SimGuruDrake I wouldnt want to talk with anyone in the community either.

Wait what happened with that?
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,819 Member
    edited March 2018
    The pack is already here. It is hindsight now. The @TheGoodOldGamer is right. People would never have heard what they said. You have to decide what you are going to do. You either decide to buy it or not. You can't resort to peer preassure. I saw some of that going on in that chat. They are well aware of the anger.

I disagree. It is NOT too late. The pack has not released yet. There is still time for something to be changed. That's the beauty of DLC.

True. But it'd be more expensive for them to recall the ones that have already shipped to different stores for Tuesday's debut, so I doubt they will.

Edit: Ignore this statement. Bwahaha! I'm an idiot and a doof!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,499 Member
    The pack is already here. It is hindsight now. The @TheGoodOldGamer is right. People would never have heard what they said. You have to decide what you are going to do. You either decide to buy it or not. You can't resort to peer preassure. I saw some of that going on in that chat. They are well aware of the anger.

I disagree. It is NOT too late. The pack has not released yet. There is still time for something to be changed. That's the beauty of DLC.

True. But it'd be more expensive for them to recall the ones that have already shipped to different stores for Tuesday's debut, so I doubt they will.

But don't those just contain game codes to enter into Origin? I don't think they do discs anymore.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,819 Member

But don't those just contain game codes to enter into Origin? I don't think they do discs anymore.

Oh, I'm a doof. That's so true! *smacks head* it's late. Ignore what I said. lol They can change it! Um, my logical side still says they won't, though. :/
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    The stream was painful to watch. And the SimGurus just pretending nothing was happening in the chat was just rude imho
    Is that why you guys thought it was painful? Huh. I thought it was good, but I watch Twitch with the chat window minimized. Nothing of value happens on the right side of the screen anyway.

Not just because of that... I felt they had nothing to show or talk. I don't know, for me it was a bit cringy

It was disturbing to me because of the ignoring.
    I get the "goal" of that live stream was to tell people about the pack... but they really pretended like none of the negative feedback even existed. That was what was so eerie and weird about it.

Reminds me of that popular coming of the dog sitting in the room on fire saying "This is fine" while drinking a coffee.
    It's not fine. Say something!

Even if they had said, we are not going to address this right now... would of been some kind of recognition that such a large part of the fanbase was responding negatively....

but they didn't even do that.... that's not right.. it's not normal... to me.

They had the opportunity to address concerns and complaints, which is what I thought they would do. Instead, they ignored the chat completely. It would've been the perfect opportunity to say "hey, we've heard your comments, here's our response." or say, "oh, many said pet clothes are no different from what we've got before, but look, these match base game clothes. You could paint a portrait of an entire matching family, from mom to dad to kids to pups. Let's do that right now! We can hang it above the hamster enclosure. Speaking of..."

But no. They just pretended hundreds (thousands?) of people didn't exist at all. Oh! Look - there's one recoloured pet four different breeds!

To be fair (I love your thought about matching families and stuff btw, seems like something Graham would say too!), I honestly doubt they could've said anything that would make any difference. The people they'd be talking to, here and there in chat, aren't there to listen to anything other than whatever preconcieved notions they want to hear, such as "you know what guys, we bow to your infinite wisdom and give you the pack for free, plus any other pack you want! we're not worthy!!!' etc etc. It would all fall on deaf ears.

Graham explains the EP team wasn't going to add little pets. People dismiss it out of hand and don't care.

Graham explains that if little pets had been added to the EP, they'd have to trade it for something else, like vets. People dismiss it and assume they have all the time and money in the world to add everything they want, ever, and it's all flimsy excuses.

Graham explains that the SP team can focus in on a theme like little pets, or bowling, or what-have-you and bring more details, like the new illness for example, that the EP team wouldn't be able to do in a massive pack. Again, people dismiss it out of hand.

Graham explains that by having little pets in their own pack, people can choose just to have them, or just to have C&D, or both, or neither. People don't care and want it all, not concerned in the slightest for other players on a budget who want smaller packs, specific parts of packs, etc.

The list goes on and on. I don't believe for a second that addressing those folks in chat would've made one bit of difference. :|

I don't think so ether
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Oddzball wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    The stream was painful to watch. And the SimGurus just pretending nothing was happening in the chat was just rude imho
    Is that why you guys thought it was painful? Huh. I thought it was good, but I watch Twitch with the chat window minimized. Nothing of value happens on the right side of the screen anyway.

Not just because of that... I felt they had nothing to show or talk. I don't know, for me it was a bit cringy

It was disturbing to me because of the ignoring.
    I get the "goal" of that live stream was to tell people about the pack... but they really pretended like none of the negative feedback even existed. That was what was so eerie and weird about it.

Reminds me of that popular comic of the dog sitting in the room on fire saying "This is fine" while drinking a coffee.
    It's not fine. Say something!

Even if they had said, we are not going to address this right now... would of been some kind of recognition that such a large part of the fanbase was responding negatively....

but they didn't even do that.... that's not right.. it's not normal... to me.

Considering how childish and rude the people in the chat were acting, I wouldnt have responded either. Did you see hte really nasty stuff people were saying?

As for "The majority" I seriously doubt it. The vast majority of people will buy this pack, enjoy it, and move on. The "actual" majority of people dont even frequent this forum, or reddit, or even care about all these angst posts.

I agree and I also think a lot of those post are bots
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    giveit2megiveit2me Posts: 37 Member
    Are you seriously suggesting that voicing criticism equals prescribing how everybody should feel about something or deciding how the game should be? It's not that black and white. Granted, there have been posts targeting a specific group of people and accusing them of having the wrong opinion. Of course that's not okay, as everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

But how is your post different from theirs?

People who repeating same critic in same place over and over again and do not bring anything new, except repeating same ideas by different words, are not doing this for expressing their negative feelings/opinions, but for rising voice and get attention for their opinion. By doing so those people trying dictate to others those opinion. This is not just opinion if it keep repeating, this is command/demand.
    Those people expect that their opinion be noticed and be accepted or even followed, this is depend.
    Such "critic" are insult and this will not help to make game better anyway and some of those critics not even care about it.
    When people saying things like:
    "hope people will not buy this", "we should not buy this", "why people are buying this" - this is not critic, but insults.
    "I am so poor, my country so poor, i have no money and that's why EA are greedy" "rip off" "we want free" - are insults.
    Such "critic" have nothing to do with subject.
    How is this critic?
    How is this constructive??

>>How my comment is different?
    Will try to explain my comment, i am sorry if this hard to read:
    My comment is not critic, but request or maybe suggest better word, not sure.
    I was tried to explain that not only them (critics) feeling confused sometime, but when other people feel confused, me personally.
    I do not go to people who feeling good about something for annoy them with my "i am not agree, you are feeling wrong".
    I do not looking for groups of supporters for be able to tell those happy one " look, we are not agree, you are at wrong side".
    This is ok say something not nice, but when people keep saying this in same place over and over again it look like demonstration.
    Demonstrations are not for critics, they are demands.

I wrote those comment with hope that such people will stop their "critic"=hunting campaign against things what other people might like and might want to see more of those things, i like.
    I hope that those critics will understand that not only they have feelings and no need to repeat again and again same opinion in same place.
    I did wrote those after reading all of this pages yesterday and today. Else i did read youtube and several other sns places, all critic repeating same things, this is look like collective coma but those people calling people who do not hate this pack names.

This pack, we are speaking about pack right?, will be in shop at women's holiday here and this is happy present for me.
    I am glad EA give something.
    If you see no difference in my comment, what was be not critic but suggestion, and those comments what you called "critic". Then, i guess, i was be right in my feeling that those comments are not critic at all, but request to those who want like this pack.

Else, i do complain and critic this game too, i want many changes for this game for example in building area, many of my comments at this forum are somehow complains. But i do not complain in place where others waiting for something what they are like to see and happy waiting, because this is not nice thing to do, in my opinion.

And honestly, how people can feel that they have right to complain those much about something what they do not have, we are speak about this pack, right?
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

The boxes might contain codes but the stores still have to sell them. They're not just gonna hand them out or something. :D Origin might be easy to flip the switch to free on, but I doubt it is for Walmart, Target, etc. ;)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.