Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    Here's a direct link to the twitch VOD if you're interested:

https://twitch.tv/videos/236933678
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Um... It's a little over the top to say, "At the end of the day, if you wanted this pack but didn't have C&D, we aren't going to stop you from going out and getting it."... Wut???
    *cringe*
    No matter where you sit regarding this pack, that's really a strange thing to say.
    I think you're reading into it what was not implied. The context included in his statement was that the rodent pets would function without Cats and Dogs and therefore does not require that EP.

Agreed.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited March 2018
    Um... It's a little over the top to say, "At the end of the day, if you wanted this pack but didn't have C&D, we aren't going to stop you from going out and getting it."... Wut???
    *cringe*
    No matter where you sit regarding this pack, that's really a strange thing to say.
    I think you're reading into it what was not implied. The context included in his statement was that the rodent pets would function without Cats and Dogs and therefore does not require that EP.

All right. That could very well be how it's meant.
    ETA: Sounds more reasonable that way, as far as the Graham we know and love.
  • Options
    OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member
    *cringe*

He's simply saying that there is extra stuff, but that C&D isnt required. Which frankly has been a stupid rumor people keep spreading.

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Oddzball wrote: »
    *cringe*

He's simply saying that there is extra stuff, but that C&D isnt required. Which frankly has been a stupid rumor people keep spreading.

Yep... it's such a hot potato! Easy to misunderstand everyone right now. Oy...
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Oddzball wrote: »
    The stream was painful to watch. And the SimGurus just pretending nothing was happening in the chat was just rude imho

Uh, no, the comments were being rude. Frankly they were throwing tantrums and trying to ruin the stream for everyone who was just trying to enjoy it.

I agree some of the comments were rude and also, @TheGoodOldGamer, that some people wouldn't listen either way. But we're not all like that. And although I might believe they couldn't add fully fleshed out small pets and the vet career to C&D, I don't believe they couldn't have added this one object... I just don't. And I don't think they expect us to believe it either. Now, all that aside, small pets in an SP are actually okay with me. But then, please, with furniture and pet stuff I can reliably distinguish from C&D items. And perhaps some new fun toys for pets, like frisbees or literally anything else we didn't already have.....

I agree completely.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    The stream was painful to watch. And the SimGurus just pretending nothing was happening in the chat was just rude imho
    Is that why you guys thought it was painful? Huh. I thought it was good, but I watch Twitch with the chat window minimized. Nothing of value happens on the right side of the screen anyway.

Not just because of that... I felt they had nothing to show or talk. I don't know, for me it was a bit cringy

It was disturbing to me because of the ignoring.
    I get the "goal" of that live stream was to tell people about the pack... but they really pretended like none of the negative feedback even existed. That was what was so eerie and weird about it.

Reminds me of that popular coming of the dog sitting in the room on fire saying "This is fine" while drinking a coffee.
    It's not fine. Say something!

Even if they had said, we are not going to address this right now... would of been some kind of recognition that such a large part of the fanbase was responding negatively....

but they didn't even do that.... that's not right.. it's not normal... to me.

They had the opportunity to address concerns and complaints, which is what I thought they would do. Instead, they ignored the chat completely. It would've been the perfect opportunity to say "hey, we've heard your comments, here's our response." or say, "oh, many said pet clothes are no different from what we've got before, but look, these match base game clothes. You could paint a portrait of an entire matching family, from mom to dad to kids to pups. Let's do that right now! We can hang it above the hamster enclosure. Speaking of..."

But no. They just pretended hundreds (thousands?) of people didn't exist at all. Oh! Look - there's one recoloured pet four different breeds!

To be fair (I love your thought about matching families and stuff btw, seems like something Graham would say too!), I honestly doubt they could've said anything that would make any difference. The people they'd be talking to, here and there in chat, aren't there to listen to anything other than whatever preconcieved notions they want to hear, such as "you know what guys, we bow to your infinite wisdom and give you the pack for free, plus any other pack you want! we're not worthy!!!' etc etc. It would all fall on deaf ears.

Graham explains the EP team wasn't going to add little pets. People dismiss it out of hand and don't care.

Graham explains that if little pets had been added to the EP, they'd have to trade it for something else, like vets. People dismiss it and assume they have all the time and money in the world to add everything they want, ever, and it's all flimsy excuses.

Graham explains that the SP team can focus in on a theme like little pets, or bowling, or what-have-you and bring more details, like the new illness for example, that the EP team wouldn't be able to do in a massive pack. Again, people dismiss it out of hand.

Graham explains that by having little pets in their own pack, people can choose just to have them, or just to have C&D, or both, or neither. People don't care and want it all, not concerned in the slightest for other players on a budget who want smaller packs, specific parts of packs, etc.

The list goes on and on. I don't believe for a second that addressing those folks in chat would've made one bit of difference. :|

I do see your point on addressing comments in the chat. I just thought it was kind of off-handed to ignore all of them completely, especially when Twitch (and past streams) are used to interact with the community.

I don't even have an issue with the hamster, to be honest. It's cute. I like seeing it in it's little sand bath-thing. The new disease is cool. But then, what else? A good chunk of the SP is clothes for C&D as well as matching furniture, and that's what doesn't fly with me. To me, a SP should be able to stand on it's own. I shouldn't have to buy it to complete my C&D bedroom set, and I shouldn't have to buy C&D to access something in a SP.

People would have been a lot less angry if they had patched in the stuff you can only access with C&D (clothes, cat posts, pet beds) and made a new SP with the hamster, the disease, the aquarium end table, and some other small things (like decor items - how cool would it be to have little hamster shavings that can be placed like a rug, so it looks like little hammy made a mess?!). But they glossed over all of that in favour of tacking things on to C&D.

There's no issue with My First Pets (for me, at least. I can't speak for everyone else), it's just the thought (or lack of) put behind it. It's especially sad because Jungle Adventure was so brilliant. Plus, iguanas, snakes, and other animals were featured in JA. It would be nice to be able to actually own them!
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    From what I am gathering from threads and comments and by the very title of the SP itself "MY First Pet" is that this, AGAIN, is dedicated to family players. I am so sick of this direction.

BALANCE sims dev team. BALANCE.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Looks great!
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I was kind of skipping through bits and pieces from the stream and I also find it a little bit cringey. The guy seems to be talking the whole time and then the woman is kind of being overly excited sometimes, but also not excited enough? If that makes sense. Idk that is just my first impression of this. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions and that is just how they always are. They probably did a nice overview, but if it convinced me to buy it...
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    For what it matters, I do agree they goofed on the marketing but I think people are blowing it more out of proportion than it really is too. If they would've simply left out mention of C&D in the trailer until the very end, something along the lines of "and few bonuses if you have C&D!", that would've made a big difference on the perception. People got the wrong idea it requires C&D to function, when that's really only a few silly costumes that are left out entirely. You can still use the pet items (feeders n the like) for decoration, which some have even thought to use for playful kids or Sims with stuffed animals, lol.

But the pack overall isn't nearly the horror people make it out to be. Just needed better marketing imo.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,823 Member
    NickSims wrote: »
    I was kind of skipping through bits and pieces from the stream and I also find it a little bit cringey. The guy seems to be talking the whole time and then the woman is kind of being overly excited sometimes, but also not excited enough? If that makes sense. Idk that is just my first impression of this. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions and that is just how they always are. They probably did a nice overview, but if it convinced me to buy it...

To be honest, I get the feeling they wanted someone to show us the overall pack (good) and someone who would be excited about it to help share the excitement that the team has to show it off. Maybe they do that every time, though? I'm not sure as I'm not usually one to watch live streams. I'm not against that, but yeah, I got the same kind of feeling a few times. I do like them both. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    For what it matters, I do agree they goofed on the marketing but I think people are blowing it more out of proportion than it really is too. If they would've simply left out mention of C&D in the trailer until the very end, something along the lines of "and few bonuses if you have C&D!", that would've made a big difference on the perception. People got the wrong idea it requires C&D to function, when that's really only a few silly costumes that are left out entirely. You can still use the pet items (feeders n the like) for decoration, which some have even thought to use for playful kids or Sims with stuffed animals, lol.

But the pack overall isn't nearly the horror people make it out to be. Just needed better marketing imo.

I agree. But even if they'd done that, I still feel it'd have been blown out of proportion somehow. :D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    I won't downplay people's anger, frustration, or disappointment.

I also won't downplay people's excitement, happiness, or enjoyment of the game.

Just stating my own opinion, as allowed.

I do know they could not sit there and go tit for tat with people. The level of extremes on both sides are obvious.
    This is not a black and white situation, there are varying scales of happiness/excitement and sadness/anger.

They are all deserving to be heard. That's the only thing obvious.

I really do hope they touch base with the less than happy part of the fanbase thou eventually. It's heavily needed.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    I won't downplay people's anger, frustration, or disappointment.

I also won't downplay people's excitement, happiness, or enjoyment of the game.

Just stating my own opinion, as allowed.

I do know they could not sit there and go tit for tat with people. The level of extremes on both sides are obvious.
    This is not a black and white situation, there are varying scales of happiness/excitement and sadness/anger.

They are all deserving to be heard. That's the only thing obvious.

I really do hope they touch base with the less than happy part of the fanbase thou eventually. It's heavily needed.

Agreed. And I see both sides, so I get it. Actually, I see all three sides (devs/company, against, and for). lol

I thought the Jungle pack was awesome. I hope this will help those dev teams in production currently to step up their game and give us better stuff as they're working on it. I know many of them work tirelessly to be the voice for us. <3
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    People got the wrong idea it requires C&D to function, when that's really only a few silly costumes that are left out entirely. You can still use the pet items (feeders n the like) for decoration, which some have even thought to use for playful kids or Sims with stuffed animals, lol.

I think the pack has somewhat heavy focus on the pet outfits and some furniture to be a small pet pack. I have Cats & Dogs, but if I didn't, I would find this approach (the same price for everyone) very, very unfair.

I was really looking forward to seeing rabbits out of their cages and roaming around the house as they used to do in mine, using their cage only as a bathroom, but it didn't happen (no rabbits - nothing that wouldn't be tied to their cages like babies to their cribs).

Side note - I can't believe they never "fixed" the babies. I remember taking my burrito baby on a stroll in TS3, and passing the weird spider-baby looking things in TS2 from parent to parent.
    Good times.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    The pack is already here. It is hindsight now. The @TheGoodOldGamer is right. People would never have heard what they said. You have to decide what you are going to do. You either decide to buy it or not. You can't resort to peer preassure. I saw some of that going on in that chat. They are well aware of the anger.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

And that would be illegal.

How is it illegal? They do it all the time. I've seen several variations of CC that use EA's meshes and offer them for free. Its when they sell CC where the problem is, but if they offer it for free I don't see what the problem is if it's already happening. did you not read the post SimGuruDrake wrote about when it comes to Mod/CC creators?

Normally when offering it though, the cc requires the user own the pack the item came from. The modder can't just offer the one piece and include the original mesh. I use maxis match cc and know that much.

I've seen things that were turned into BGC for those who don't own the pack. So it's possible. I was under the impression that if its given for free there is no issue. But you are right. Typically would have to have the pack but there ar plenty creators who have made some content BGC

Technically converting any mesh (even a modified mesh) included in a paid DLC into a BGC item is a violation of the EULA. Custom meshes that are created from scratch by the content creator are not.

Yes, making paid content free is illegal. That's what I meant. CC build/buy looks like trash anyway so I would never touch it.

It's very insulting to call it all trash. CC creators spend a lot of time. They are fans just like we are trying to enhance the game.

I'll stick to EA for content to enhance my game, thank you.

No one is forcing it on you, we're just asking that you don't speak so harshly about mod creators.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    The pack is already here. It is hindsight now. The @TheGoodOldGamer is right. People would never have heard what they said. You have to decide what you are going to do. You either decide to buy it or not. You can't resort to peer preassure. I saw some of that going on in that chat. They are well aware of the anger.

I disagree. It is NOT too late. The pack has not released yet. There is still time for something to be changed. That's the beauty of DLC.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    The thing is, people keep making this a "for" or "against" situation. And as someone who has always supported Stuff Packs in the past, (though I do feel that some are skimpier than others) that perception is very frustrating and it stinks to be lumped together and neatly categorized by judgemental people who would like everyone to fit into a labeled box.

I'm someone who shouts just as loudly when I'm excited for a pack, like Jungle Adventures. I adore Cats and Dogs, but I still felt a noticeable gap in the pet objects. That is where my issue lies. I felt we got a bare minimum of cat and dog objects, in an expansion that was meant to focus exclusively on those two animals. To me, that should have included a variety of beds and bowls and chew toys, etc. Narrowing the focus of the pack to two specific pets communicates that those things directly relating to that focus will be prioritized. But it didn't feel that way. Yes, the pets were awesome, and I'm so grateful that the cats were given an abundance of love this time. But it still felt like a dirty deal when suddenly, so shortly after the expansion, more objects turn up with the assurance of "bonus" attached, yet gated behind another cost. It just feels very wrong to me, which is why I feel that those particular objects, if truly a bonus, should be patched to us. I have no issue paying for the rest, but I do find it disappointing that an entire small pets pack is not thought to be in the works. And I do question the intentions of development concerning future stuff packs with single pets being sold to us in pieces, because that would be quite costly in the end.

This. This is what most angry people are saying.
    I get a lot of you are excited. please be so.
    I get a lot of you are gonna buy this. please do so.

but let those of us that feel this way, feel this way without you telling us we are crazy.
    We have our own reasons, just like you, to feel the way we feel.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    danceicarusdanceicarus Posts: 2 New Member
    Someone mentioned the cow & chicken coop thing from the TS3 store. But that's not even remotely the same thing. I bought that store pack but I didn't have pets and I wasn't required to have the pets expansion to use it.
    And yes I did read that you can play this pack without C&D but you might as well not because then obviously won't be able to use about half of the stuff in this pack.
    This franchise keeps going down some extremely disappointing roads, and it doesn't stop or get better either.