The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    The stream was painful to watch. And the SimGurus just pretending nothing was happening in the chat was just rude imho
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    My guess is it might not have been possible to tie moodlets to the death? They don't count toward the household number or anything, so maybe once they pass on, these pets cease to exist as far as the game engine or whatever considers it, like if an item was deleted or something? I'm not sure they're actually considered 'there', more like an interactive item? I wonder if they're intentionally 'hiding' any bad feels away, or just using that as good PR speak, lol.

Believe me it's very possible, I'm a modder i know.

Good, I guess it'll be covered then!
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The stream was painful to watch. And the SimGurus just pretending nothing was happening in the chat was just rude imho
    Is that why you guys thought it was painful? Huh. I thought it was good, but I watch Twitch with the chat window minimized. Nothing of value happens on the right side of the screen anyway.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Is that why you guys thought it was painful? Huh. I thought it was good, but I watch Twitch with the chat window minimized. Nothing of value happens on the right side of the screen anyway.

Not just because of that... I felt they had nothing to show or talk. I don't know, for me it was a bit cringy
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The stream was painful to watch.

It was..

What happened? I need a good laugh

The comment section was popping off lol to say the least but it was just... ehhh... awkward and hurtful to watch... it was like nothing was wrong other than people being upset in the comment section
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".

Not just because of that... I felt they had nothing to show or talk. I don't know, for me it was a bit cringy
    I didn't feel that way at all. I felt we were given a good look at all of the build and CAS items and a very thorough explanation of how the disease works. They answered many of my questions and concerns about the latter, stating that it is airborne, can spread through your town but is not transferable from NPC to NPC nor fatal to NPCs as to avoid the Sims version of the infamous Corrupted Blood Incident.
  • SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    edited March 2018

It was disturbing to me because of the ignoring.
    I get the "goal" of that live stream was to tell people about the pack... but they really pretended like none of the negative feedback even existed. That was what was so eerie and weird about it.

Reminds me of that popular comic of the dog sitting in the room on fire saying "This is fine" while drinking a coffee.
    It's not fine. Say something!

Even if they had said, we are not going to address this right now... would of been some kind of recognition that such a large part of the fanbase was responding negatively....

but they didn't even do that.... that's not right.. it's not normal... to me.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Lol. So there is no sad moodlet when small pets die because they didn't want to overemphasise the negativity.

I see a pattern here.

That's absolutely pathetic omg...
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    All right, I've watched the livestream, and to be honest, the rodent itself doesn't look bad. You could even say it's kinda cute, and I can understand people wanting this in their games. It's still not very interactive, but I can surely see improvement in comparison to TS3. I like that we can see its status (hunger etc., it's simple sort of pop-up, but still), I even like the whole secret life thing (Although, I still think it'd be better the other way around with the treats; not IQ Limiter, but rather Super Brain treat). The disease seems cool, I actually enjoyed how it was shown (the quarantine room).

HOWEVER.

It doesn't feel like a coherent pack, even though it's all about pets. It feels odd. Even with Laundry Day, where rustic theme doesn't have much in common with the laundry, they managed to combine that. It's not the case this time. Of course I agree with most of voices in this thread that cats and dogs things should've been in C&D expansion. But we know it didn't happen. Although if they wanted to keep just any kind of dignity, they should've split My First Pet Stuff into two packs, for half a price. And even better, make one pack with all the things that should've been in C&D, and the second one with rodents AND other small pets. The stuff pack team is able to create a good pack, so let them do that, don't shove the expansion's leftovers there.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I read somewhere in this thread or another that @SimGuruSteve was engaging with the community in the chat at the end. Anyone knows what he said? Are there any screenshots or something?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member

I get the "goal" of that live stream was to tell people about the pack... but they really pretended like none of the negative feedback even existed. That was what was so eerie and weird about it.

Reminds me of that popular comic of the dog sitting in the room on fire saying "This is fine" while drinking a coffee.

Even if they had said, we are not going to address this right now... would of been some kind of recognition that such a large part of the fanbase was responding negatively....

I completely agree. Just acknowledge that there is a problem, state that/when it will be addressed, move on.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Well, when someone says I want this twitch feed to be a blood bath...
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Boy that was hard to watch, would it kill them to admit that this was a big mistake and us as consumers are displeased??? I mean, will it really hurt their ego? I mean, take feedback and address the problem, obviously A LOT of people (not just some) are very disappointed...if I were a part gaming company I would seriously consider my customers feedback...I also noticed on a lot of 1st reactions of this pack on youtube, people who have defended TS4 and stood by it are very disappointed they will not sugarcoat this was a mistake...just saying that OBVIOUSLY says something...
  • PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2018
    Simanite wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am sure someone in the CC community will come up with several variations on the aquarium coffee table and the corner loveseat so if those objects come up as free downloads I will not be purchasing the pack at all.

And that would be illegal.

How is it illegal? They do it all the time. I've seen several variations of CC that use EA's meshes and offer them for free. Its when they sell CC where the problem is, but if they offer it for free I don't see what the problem is if it's already happening. did you not read the post SimGuruDrake wrote about when it comes to Mod/CC creators?

Normally when offering it though, the cc requires the user own the pack the item came from. The modder can't just offer the one piece and include the original mesh. I use maxis match cc and know that much.

I've seen things that were turned into BGC for those who don't own the pack. So it's possible. I was under the impression that if its given for free there is no issue. But you are right. Typically would have to have the pack but there ar plenty creators who have made some content BGC

Technically converting any mesh (even a modified mesh) included in a paid DLC into a BGC item is a violation of the EULA. Custom meshes that are created from scratch by the content creator are not.

Yes, making paid content free is illegal. That's what I meant. CC build/buy looks like trash anyway so I would never touch it.

[EA_Lanna: removed gif fo profanity. Please read the forum rules!]

They even have CC stuff pack and the items are Maxis Match which are not trash looking by the way.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    I read somewhere in this thread or another that @SimGuruSteve was engaging with the community in the chat at the end. Anyone knows what he said? Are there any screenshots or something?

Yes I wrote that and I thought about taking screenshots but then I went downstairs instead... :/ Basically he just said people should decide for themselves if it's worth the price and that a lot of SP-only work was done on the pack, so it wasn't just EP leftovers. Oh and he also said that a company would never strip things from a pack just to sell them later on.. but well. Again, doubts. All this is just me paraphrasing though, maybe someone else has screenshots :/
  • OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member

Uh, no, the comments were being rude. Frankly they were throwing tantrums and trying to ruin the stream for everyone who was just trying to enjoy it.

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

Reminds me of that popular coming of the dog sitting in the room on fire saying "This is fine" while drinking a coffee.

They had the opportunity to address concerns and complaints, which is what I thought they would do. Instead, they ignored the chat completely. It would've been the perfect opportunity to say "hey, we've heard your comments, here's our response." or say, "oh, many said pet clothes are no different from what we've got before, but look, these match base game clothes. You could paint a portrait of an entire matching family, from mom to dad to kids to pups. Let's do that right now! We can hang it above the hamster enclosure. Speaking of..."

But no. They just pretended hundreds (thousands?) of people didn't exist at all. Oh! Look - there's one recoloured pet four different breeds!

To be fair (I love your thought about matching families and stuff btw, seems like something Graham would say too!), I honestly doubt they could've said anything that would make any difference. The people they'd be talking to, here and there in chat, aren't there to listen to anything other than whatever preconcieved notions they want to hear, such as "you know what guys, we bow to your infinite wisdom and give you the pack for free, plus any other pack you want! we're not worthy!!!' etc etc. It would all fall on deaf ears.

Graham explains the EP team wasn't going to add little pets. People dismiss it out of hand and don't care.

Graham explains that if little pets had been added to the EP, they'd have to trade it for something else, like vets. People dismiss it and assume they have all the time and money in the world to add everything they want, ever, and it's all flimsy excuses.

Graham explains that the SP team can focus in on a theme like little pets, or bowling, or what-have-you and bring more details, like the new illness for example, that the EP team wouldn't be able to do in a massive pack. Again, people dismiss it out of hand.

Graham explains that by having little pets in their own pack, people can choose just to have them, or just to have C&D, or both, or neither. People don't care and want it all, not concerned in the slightest for other players on a budget who want smaller packs, specific parts of packs, etc.

The list goes on and on. I don't believe for a second that addressing those folks in chat would've made one bit of difference. :|
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • OddzballOddzball Posts: 141 Member

Considering how childish and rude the people in the chat were acting, I wouldnt have responded either. Did you see hte really nasty stuff people were saying?

As for "The majority" I seriously doubt it. The vast majority of people will buy this pack, enjoy it, and move on. The "actual" majority of people dont even frequent this forum, or reddit, or even care about all these angst posts.

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    Oddzball wrote: »

Uh, no, the comments were being rude. Frankly they were throwing tantrums and trying to ruin the stream for everyone who was just trying to enjoy it.

I agree some of the comments were rude and also, @TheGoodOldGamer, that some people wouldn't listen either way. But we're not all like that. And although I might believe they couldn't add fully fleshed out small pets and the vet career to C&D, I don't believe they couldn't have added this one object... I just don't. And I don't think they expect us to believe it either. Now, all that aside, small pets in an SP are actually okay with me. But then, please, with furniture and pet stuff I can reliably distinguish from C&D items. And perhaps some new fun toys for pets, like frisbees or literally anything else we didn't already have.....
    Um... It's a little over the top to say, "At the end of the day, if you wanted this pack but didn't have C&D, we aren't going to stop you from going out and getting it."... Wut???
    *cringe*
    No matter where you sit regarding this pack, that's really a strange thing to say.
    I think you're reading into it what was not implied. The context included in his statement was that the rodent pets would function without Cats and Dogs and therefore does not require that EP.