Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants Seasons to be the next expansion after Cats and Dogs?

Comments

• Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I want Seasons to be the next expansion
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Like with Pets, part of me wants it to be next just because we know it's coming and I wanna get it out of the way...but since we're only getting one pack a year now, I'd really like the next expansion to be something they haven't done before.

I have similar feelings, even though I voted Yes. It seems almost obvious that Seasons will be the next expansion. Still, I don't find it very exciting. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to finally have weather in my game and all, it's important part of simulation experience in my opinion, but it's also kinda like with, let's say, drinking water. Yes, it's important to drink water to even survive, yet there are so many better drinks to drink. I'm just hoping for some really great game packs in 2018.

Also - yes, that's exaggeration. I don't believe that Seasons in TS4 is necessary to survive :tongue:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don't want Seasons to be the next expansion
    Zppy972 wrote: »
    I love seasons in the sims3 there just so much do. In sim city

There is no world called Sims City in Sims 3 and Sims 3 Seasons did not even come with a world.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Considering how vastly improved the partial pets we've got compared to, well basically any previous TS games, I'm guessing Seasons are going to be BIG (unless they decided to make every season as a standalone game pack, lol). So, my best guess is University will probably be next, since we're probably getting the equivalent of World Adventures first before seeing Seasons.

Heh, they'll probably combine them both and make said game packs. Leaving the Granite Falls mechanics only for tropical (boring) climate or probably Dorms (when combined with City Living that is) is NOT cool. Seriously.

Besides, we've already got most of the mechanics for University anyway. They just really need to combine everything they've released to this date and we've got it. Most major faculties jobs already existed, so making its University counterpart wouldn't be all that hard. Scoring systems will probably somewhere like the Vet business (ex. they just need to combine Vets and GTW Careers and you've got the STEM area well covered. except well, mathematics. That's going to be attending a LOT of classes.) and instead from 1-5, it's 1.0-4.0 since C/GPA 5.0 doesn't exist. Boom. And probably, vampires lore styled skills while attending Universities ? :|

Oh, since we've got babies to adults now and with the addition of parenthood, seems University is really the most sensible thing right now.

During the yearly periods we'll probably seeing some uhh, "EP leftovers" or "project finalization" addition. Like farm (ex. rabbits, chickens, sheep, cows, etc. since the game isn't open world). Definitely didn't mind horses (and more gold poop bricks! o:) ) though. That one hit me real hard since I can see cats and dogs practically everywhere IRL but horses are usually once every 5 mile radius. And that's if I'm lucky, lol. Nah, no need an open world map for horses. That's racism. Besides, most horses don't mind in a stable and only walk for a few blocks. Heh they might actually be grateful for that (?).

Well, that is if they've decided to continue the development of TS4. Yeah it's either that or they've got a better plan(s) or we probably got TS5 somewhere in around 2020. Just my two cents. Oh it's too long, isn't it ? My bad. :D

The devs had stated during live Q & A's that we would not get a World Adventure game in Sims 4. They said too much controversy over quests and such made it not very popular. I was one of the people who loved it and was sad to hear that - but that is what they said - so I would not be expecting it if I was you. Many Simmers did object to questing in that game - as they said - seeing a lot of my own friends did as well, but I sort of had fun with that pack. But they won't make games that create controversy or that didn't sell as well unfortunately for those of us that did like it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:

> The devs had stated during live Q & A's that we would not get a World Adventure game in Sims 4. They said too much controversy over quests and such made it not very popular. I was one of the people who loved it and was sad to hear that - but that is what they said - so I would not be expecting it if I was you. Many Simmers did object to questing in that game - as they said - seeing a lot of my own friends did as well, but I sort of had fun with that pack. But they won't make games that create controversy or that didn't sell as well unfortunately for those of us that did like it.

Oh I didn't meant to have quests the way TS3 WA did (I like it though), but I do want special maps that showcase those new Seasons. Like Granite Falls, but around the worlds. It's just that the biggest reference I got for it was World Adventure. Say we have the same mechanics like Granite Falls but in North Pole, where you can live inside an Igloo or snowboarding resorts, meeting snow wolves (bears...yeti...), exploring ice shaft, Winter Sports Festival / championship, something like that.

It would be a lot more interesting than just having some snow textures on say, San Myshuno. And maybe some real Ice Bucket Challenge for Sims ? Also, Since this is a supernatural game, the idea can be expanded even further as far as their lore & imagination go. Since this is probably going to be the last batch of EPs then at least I hope they don't end the title on a sour note.
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • Options
    judeareennjudeareenn Posts: 41 Member
    Am i the only one who is eager to see University come out next or asap?
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Like with Pets, part of me wants it to be next just because we know it's coming and I wanna get it out of the way...but since we're only getting one pack a year now, I'd really like the next expansion to be something they haven't done before.

I have similar feelings, even though I voted Yes. It seems almost obvious that Seasons will be the next expansion. Still, I don't find it very exciting. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to finally have weather in my game and all, it's important part of simulation experience in my opinion, but it's also kinda like with, let's say, drinking water. Yes, it's important to drink water to even survive, yet there are so many better drinks to drink. I'm just hoping for some really great game packs in 2018.

Also - yes, that's exaggeration. I don't believe that Seasons in TS4 is necessary to survive :tongue:

I would be careful with "Almost obvious" when it comes to maxis, they tend to be like one of these genies from cartoons that give what you want but there is aways a catch, i think its pretty clear that most people in the forum want seasons but we dont know how the dev team development road is set, perhaps we should give more imput in each theme to come.
    judeareenn wrote: »
    Am i the only one who is eager to see University come out next or asap?

I like the university theme, one of my favorite thesims2 Expansions, but i dont know how they gonna pull it off with thesims4 maps, from what i can tell from city life apartments , dont expect the university to be that flushed out. i think seasons will do more to the game as a whole.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited January 2018
    I want more supernatural packs or more gameplay packs. Stuff for my sims to do, not an atmosphere pack.

Also a University pack would be nice. Though I would miss the pets while the sims is at Uni.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I can't see seasons filling up an expansion pack. It's more game pack sized.

• Options
    SimynerdSimynerd Posts: 6 New Member
    I feel that the game needs more gameplay features that make each stage of life a bit different. I would like something like generations from TS3 but not like the parenthood pack, somewhere in between. I would prefer it to be an expansion pack but if not definitely a game pack because I want a ton of gameplay features from this.
  • Options
    Marses08Marses08 Posts: 12 New Member
    I really want to see an expansion like 'Makin' Magic' from the original Sims. Liked that expansion particularly I liked having a pet dragon and when it misbehaved it could set the entire house on fire. Having mages and fae being apart of the game would be great there could be a few careers to go with it
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    Seasons NEEDS to be the next expansion pack. I cat stand having sunny weather all the friggin time. I'd love for my sim to sit out on my covered patio and watch the rain, or get stuck in a snow storm (maybe freeze to death).
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    edited January 2018
    Once we get Seasons I'll be set and they can release whatever they want after that lol.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    I can't see seasons filling up an expansion pack. It's more game pack sized.

How can you see seasons like a GP?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    TSims33TSims33 Posts: 6 New Member
    Personally, I feel seasons was one of the best expansion packs to get. I wasn't so sure about obtaining Seasons, but when I played it I was pleasantly surprised. It added great expansions to the game and made me really excited about Sims 4. I'm hoping Sims 4 Seasons will be coming soon too, but I am worried that it will be a shortened version of Seasons. What I mean is Cats and Dogs is a less-expanded version of Pets, because it only includes cats and dogs as pets. I don't want seasons to only include a certain amount of seasons or anything, because that would be frustrating. I loved everything about Seasons and I keep hearing rumors of Sims 4 Seasons so crossing my fingers it will be released soon.
  • Options
    TSims33TSims33 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @AmySims09 said:
    "I can't see seasons filling up an expansion pack. It's more game pack sized."

Sims 3 Seasons was definitely an expansion pack. It adds a full new period plus new CAS content.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I almost didn't buy the game until seasons came out but the last sale finally got me. Honestly though I already find eternal summer to be bland.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    The only Ep that I am waiting for unless they do a Wedding SP. I wan't to see how they do Season for Sims 4.
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    As much as I would love for Seasons to be the next expansion, I am hoping for a Makin' Magic remake. Anything Magic/Supernatural is my favorite.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited January 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Considering how vastly improved the partial pets we've got compared to, well basically any previous TS games, I'm guessing Seasons are going to be BIG (unless they decided to make every season as a standalone game pack, lol). So, my best guess is University will probably be next, since we're probably getting the equivalent of World Adventures first before seeing Seasons.

Heh, they'll probably combine them both and make said game packs. Leaving the Granite Falls mechanics only for tropical (boring) climate or probably Dorms (when combined with City Living that is) is NOT cool. Seriously.

Besides, we've already got most of the mechanics for University anyway. They just really need to combine everything they've released to this date and we've got it. Most major faculties jobs already existed, so making its University counterpart wouldn't be all that hard. Scoring systems will probably somewhere like the Vet business (ex. they just need to combine Vets and GTW Careers and you've got the STEM area well covered. except well, mathematics. That's going to be attending a LOT of classes.) and instead from 1-5, it's 1.0-4.0 since C/GPA 5.0 doesn't exist. Boom. And probably, vampires lore styled skills while attending Universities ? :|

Oh, since we've got babies to adults now and with the addition of parenthood, seems University is really the most sensible thing right now.

During the yearly periods we'll probably seeing some uhh, "EP leftovers" or "project finalization" addition. Like farm (ex. rabbits, chickens, sheep, cows, etc. since the game isn't open world). Definitely didn't mind horses (and more gold poop bricks! o:) ) though. That one hit me real hard since I can see cats and dogs practically everywhere IRL but horses are usually once every 5 mile radius. And that's if I'm lucky, lol. Nah, no need an open world map for horses. That's racism. Besides, most horses don't mind in a stable and only walk for a few blocks. Heh they might actually be grateful for that (?).

Well, that is if they've decided to continue the development of TS4. Yeah it's either that or they've got a better plan(s) or we probably got TS5 somewhere in around 2020. Just my two cents. Oh it's too long, isn't it ? My bad. :D

The devs had stated during live Q & A's that we would not get a World Adventure game in Sims 4. They said too much controversy over quests and such made it not very popular. I was one of the people who loved it and was sad to hear that - but that is what they said - so I would not be expecting it if I was you. Many Simmers did object to questing in that game - as they said - seeing a lot of my own friends did as well, but I sort of had fun with that pack. But they won't make games that create controversy or that didn't sell as well unfortunately for those of us that did like it.

maxresdefault.jpg

January 2018 Teaser Trailer:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RycY32X3sss

It looks like Seasons isn't going to be the next expansion, but some kind of Adventure themed pack (I still voted yes, though!). I'm stoked as World Adventures was one of my favorite packs in the Sims 3. I'm excited to see what they'll bring to the Sims 4. An Adventure pack similar to World Adventures was one of the few packs on my wish list. Packs similar to Bon Voyage, Seasons, and University are the other three that I would really like to see EA release before they wrap up the Sims 4.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member

maxresdefault.jpg

January 2018 Teaser Trailer:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RycY32X3sss

It looks like Seasons isn't going to be the next expansion, but some kind of Adventure themed pack (I still voted yes, though!). I'm stoked as World Adventures was one of my favorite packs in the Sims 3. I'm excited to see what they'll bring to the Sims 4. An Adventure pack similar to World Adventures was one of the few packs on my wish list. Packs similar to Bon Voyage, Seasons, and University are the other three that I would really like to see EA release before they wrap up the Sims 4.

Game pack isn't the same as expansion pack.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It's the only remaining feature I not just want but flat out need. Really hope it's the next EP.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SimplyErica16SimplyErica16 Posts: 51 Member
    Seasons, because I would love to see how they would implement them into the games. Although, I'll take anything we get!
    I'm a fellow Simmer!
    I have a youtube channel as well! Check it out ➭ SimplyErica

• Options
    KPSimmerKPSimmer Posts: 188 Member
    Yes, yes, yes...I'm so looking forward to seasons!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    Definitely. If not Seasons then something University related. Everything else just falls short for me.

I'd like to see a new take on the usual University = "party hearty" scene. With the way the worlds are structured, you could have Sims who commute to college rather than having to move to a dorm, or they could move to University and take their family with them especially if they're already married/partnered. I'd like to see improvements to all levels of education as well, either some sort of "homeschool" option or something similar to the City Living careers, where you can choose to send your child/teen to school off-screen or a "study from home" option where you get two or three assignments to perform -- practice an instrument for 2 hours for Music Appreciation, for example, or collect 3 frogs for Biology Lab or interview an Elder about life in the old days then write an essay. I'm tired of the same old send Sims to college and focus on them for X number of terms while the rest of the family stays at home ignored and undeveloped. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

The upcoming GP could have some aspects of WA when it comes to exploring, finding collectibles and such, but different in that it'll be a single destination rather than three different ones, and there won't be so much of the "questing" like having to earn "visa levels" in order to stay longer -- you'll be able to stay until your money runs out like you can with Granite Falls. In a sense it'll be like Parenthood which isn't a direct copy of Generations but just focuses on aspects of Generation that relate to parenting; the new pack could have aspects of WA but not be a complete clone. Besides, remember the guiding theme of The Sims 4: Things Change(tm) :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)