Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants Seasons to be the next expansion after Cats and Dogs?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I want Seasons to be the next expansion
    agustd wrote: »

If you don't mind me asking, where can I find the info about seasons code in TS4? I just googled but I'm getting no results.
    It is a program that does it called Sims 4 Studio: http://sims4studio.com/

Any Simmer can look up code in the files. How Simmers found the pet files: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/911825/pet-code-found was in the sim_info_types Python file.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Bananacupcake1Bananacupcake1 Posts: 60 Member
    Seasons sounds like a nice idea. I also feel that sims 4 just seems to be lacking in comparison to 3. Sure some things definitely are better, however, I find myself getting bored a lot quicker in 4 than I ever did with 3...
  • Elrich91Elrich91 Posts: 13 New Member
    Yes, I would like it as an expansion. But that's done well. With the possibility to choose the weather in every scenario. I can not bear the idea of snow at oasis spring. Oasis spring, in my game, is Roswell new mexico. Sun, sun and sun! At most a little rain: p

However, as I have already said on other occasions, I would like a new GP to come out first. Maybe on other supernatural ones. According to me after dogs and cats there would be a good GP on werewolves. Enough, I do not say it again: D
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I'd love to have seasons in TS4. But I'd also be happy with other EP's and GP's. I miss sending sims to university and when I see what they did to vampires I would very much appreciate another type of supernatural.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I don't want Seasons to be the next expansion
    Scobre wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »

If you don't mind me asking, where can I find the info about seasons code in TS4? I just googled but I'm getting no results.
    It is a program that does it called Sims 4 Studio: http://sims4studio.com/

Any Simmer can look up code in the files. How Simmers found the pet files: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/911825/pet-code-found was in the sim_info_types Python file.

Thank you, I'm aware of this, I just can't find any specific info about code /for/ seasonal stuff in game. All I'm finding are clues and rumours. Unfortunately I don't really know my way around TS4Studio and I can't try myself :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    After City Living, the two expansions I really wanted were Pets and Seasons. Now that we are getting Cats and Dogs, who wants Seasons to be the next expansion? I think the atmosphere it will bring to the Sims 4 would be so awesome. I choose Seasons, I love the winter!

I voted Yes. I want Seasons to be the next expansion.
  • kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    I need weather!
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I need seasons! After that idc
    21mbz47.jpg
  • bumb1ebeebumb1ebee Posts: 28 Member
    I feel like seasons would probably be the better option as far as the next EP, it seems to be the most wanted. Then after that probably university.
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    At first I didn't want Seasons to arrive before my desired EP, which is University: that I hope, when released, could include following your sim children to school, verses them going into a rabbit hole. But now that I think about it, I can recall the Seasonal-based memories from when I attended school...when I stomped in rain puddles on the way there or didn't go outside in appropriate attire and got soaked as a result- From that, I either became irritable all day/uncomfortable/ sick from it. Lol!

I came to realize that Seasons are integral to playing this game. I personally can tolerate the eternal sunshine for a few more months to allow for a sooner arrival of a university/school-based EP. (I hate snow! :s)But I don't think it's fair to the other players or as I think about it now, myself. I'm pretty sure that most of us are tired of using the Seasonal mods, that might break the game after every update, and want the real thing.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Even though I always look forward to content that expands and enriches the game style and overall gameplay, I think Seasons must be the next EP. I love the age-like feeling it gives to the game and the endless possibilities that can be explored. It's a pack that doesn't add too much content per se in the game, but it definitely opens up many creative horizons.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I refuse to pay for it if we do not get new world locations.
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited December 2017
    Like with Pets, part of me wants it to be next just because we know it's coming and I wanna get it out of the way...but since we're only getting one pack a year now, I'd really like the next expansion to be something they haven't done before.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Yes, I think it's really time for that.
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    We need it, we've been waiting for a long time for it, it would be cool if they added more activities to it too
  • TvldivaTvldiva Posts: 70 Member
    I don't mind seasons but, I want an expansion where we can build hotels and have a tropical beach vacation.
  • Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    I love seasons in the sims3 there just so much do. In sim city
  • TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    Considering how vastly improved the partial pets we've got compared to, well basically any previous TS games, I'm guessing Seasons are going to be BIG (unless they decided to make every season as a standalone game pack, lol). So, my best guess is University will probably be next, since we're probably getting the equivalent of World Adventures first before seeing Seasons.

Heh, they'll probably combine them both and make said game packs. Leaving the Granite Falls mechanics only for tropical (boring) climate or probably Dorms (when combined with City Living that is) is NOT cool. Seriously.

Besides, we've already got most of the mechanics for University anyway. They just really need to combine everything they've released to this date and we've got it. Most major faculties jobs already existed, so making its University counterpart wouldn't be all that hard. Scoring systems will probably somewhere like the Vet business (ex. they just need to combine Vets and GTW Careers and you've got the STEM area well covered. except well, mathematics. That's going to be attending a LOT of classes.) and instead from 1-5, it's 1.0-4.0 since C/GPA 5.0 doesn't exist. Boom. And probably, vampires lore styled skills while attending Universities ? :|

Oh, since we've got babies to adults now and with the addition of parenthood, seems University is really the most sensible thing right now.

During the yearly periods we'll probably seeing some uhh, "EP leftovers" or "project finalization" addition. Like farm (ex. rabbits, chickens, sheep, cows, etc. since the game isn't open world). Definitely didn't mind horses (and more gold poop bricks! o:) ) though. That one hit me real hard since I can see cats and dogs practically everywhere IRL but horses are usually once every 5 mile radius. And that's if I'm lucky, lol. Nah, no need an open world map for horses. That's racism. Besides, most horses don't mind in a stable and only walk for a few blocks. Heh they might actually be grateful for that (?).

Well, that is if they've decided to continue the development of TS4. Yeah it's either that or they've got a better plan(s) or we probably got TS5 somewhere in around 2020. Just my two cents. Oh it's too long, isn't it ? My bad. :D
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • smh678smh678 Posts: 92 Member
    > @rjssim said:
    > After City Living, the two expansions I really wanted were Pets and Seasons. Now that we are getting Cats and Dogs, who wants Seasons to be the next expansion? I think the atmosphere it will bring to the Sims 4 would be so awesome. I choose Seasons, I love the winter!

The sims 4 seasons should be a total revamp of sims 3 seasons. Since we have aliens, we should have rainstorms and maybe even a slight like 1% chance of hurricanes and storms that can maybe damage homes or give negative moodlets.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I want it to be the next EP but I wish we didn’t have to wait for a year or more to get it. Maybe it would be better as a GP since there should be a couple out before the next EP.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I want Seasons, but please, limit the snow days! I was playing a legacy in ts3 and got two snow days in a week!
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yes, please! I'm very interested seeing what our current worlds would look like in different seasons. Plus, I'm ready for my sims to have the chance of having a snowy Christmas. :)
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Seasons please! I really miss having Seasons. I loved having Seasons!
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Definitely, but I also want werewolves too. Too bad they're not in the Pets exp.
  • 0NalaTheLion00NalaTheLion0 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yess! I think it would be extra cute if the dogs and kids played in the leaves and the snow. And eventually having the leaves turn colors as you are in game. Im too excited but it might come idk.