Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants Seasons to be the next expansion after Cats and Dogs?

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I don't want Seasons to be the next expansion
    I can see it now, Sims 4 rain and snow EP! Who needs 4 seasons when you can have rain and snow. They really wanted to focus on the rain, and the snow, to make sure it was the best rain (and snow) they have ever added to the game!

But in all seriousness, I hardly imagine a Sims 4 EP will be able to tackle seasons in any way that does the previous installments any justice. So far no EP has been a home run, even pets which should have been a no brainer was exposed to the confusing company culture they have over there and wound up being mismanaged entirely. I don’t hold any hope for another fan favorite EP.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I want Seasons to be the next expansion
    Seasons is as pets very important , even too much they might be in the basegame.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I want seasons as well. The game feels bland to me without it.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I can see it now, Sims 4 rain and snow EP! Who needs 4 seasons when you can have rain and snow. They really wanted to focus on the rain, and the snow, to make sure it was the best rain (and snow) they have ever added to the game!

But in all seriousness, I hardly imagine a Sims 4 EP will be able to tackle seasons in any way that does the previous installments any justice. So far no EP has been a home run, even pets which should have been a no brainer was exposed to the confusing company culture they have over there and wound up being mismanaged entirely. I don’t hold any hope for another fan favorite EP.

I have to agree with this. Don't get your hopes up to high people.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Yes I want seasons to be next. The weather in the Sims world is incredibly stagnant that it's boring. Would be nice to see a bit of rain or snow for once, and it would open up a lot of new options, as well as limitations to make the world less of a utopian heaven and more of a realistic one.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    Id rather see seasons as a GP. Theres no reason it would have to be a whole EP we wait a year for. Just needs some weather coding and a bunch of new items and activities. Id rather the next EP be a country living pack complete with another big new world
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Id rather see seasons as a GP. Theres no reason it would have to be a whole EP we wait a year for. Just needs some weather coding and a bunch of new items and activities. Id rather the next EP be a country living pack complete with another big new world

A game pack would be great to if they could put the weather in there. I agree, another year is a long time away.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »

I have to agree with this. Don't get your hopes up to high people.

Yeah...I'm getting pretty scared for Seasons, even though I want it so bad. I hope it does well, but at this point i'm setting my expectation low-ish.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

I agree. Maybe a Game Pack would be better for seasons and we wouldn't have to wait a whole year for it. I just want Seasons to be next.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I want it to be the next expansion because honestly, I don't really know what they'd do for an expansion if they didn't do Seasons.
  • Options
    OlberOlber Posts: 80 Member
    Seasons is always kinda crucial for me. Without it, the Sims doesn't feel complete. I have the same with Pets. After Seasons and Pets they can bring out whatever expansion packs they like, and if I like them, I will of course still get them, but the game is complete after Seasons and Pets for me. Then I'm totally happy and can satisfy all my simming needs. xD
  • Options
    JettyKittyCat12JettyKittyCat12 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think that sounds cool, but since it's EA, they wouldn't just add seasons. I think they'd add a few more cool touches with it; so I'm thinking it will probably come along with vacations as well. For those of you saying you want university, I agree with that too. I think university will come with a Get To School type thing.
  • Options
    dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2017
    3 words: I NEED SEASONS
    (*ahem* look at my signature XD)
    i like anime and stuff
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Why not just patch-in weather elements and for future SPs, GPs and EPs incorporate some seasonal outdoor activities?
    You got to be kidding....
    tumblr_n9p9owB9vl1sp8rlfo1_500.gif

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Why not just patch-in weather elements and for future SPs, GPs and EPs incorporate some seasonal outdoor activities?
    You got to be kidding....
    tumblr_n9p9owB9vl1sp8rlfo1_500.gif

:D Awesome'd

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Seasons will probably be a winter and a summer vacation spots. They would run into the problem that, well, the worlds, despite the instantaneous travel that sims are all capable of, all seem to be in different areas with different climates. In Sims 3, we could toggle off various seasons. For instance, in my games, IP never had snow. But in Sims 3, we could create our own seasonal lots, which was really fun. I can't imagine Sims 4 having anything like either of those. The festivals that City Life brought on are not only static, but fairly boring at best, and annoying at worst if you look at how everyone dresses for them.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Seasons will probably be a winter and a summer vacation spots. They would run into the problem that, well, the worlds, despite the instantaneous travel that sims are all capable of, all seem to be in different areas with different climates. In Sims 3, we could toggle off various seasons. For instance, in my games, IP never had snow. But in Sims 3, we could create our own seasonal lots, which was really fun. I can't imagine Sims 4 having anything like either of those. The festivals that City Life brought on are not only static, but fairly boring at best, and annoying at worst if you look at how everyone dresses for them.

Winter and summer vacation spots complete with lot traits -.- Id still get it if only to have more vacation spots tho
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Season would help this game a lot. I'm not a big fan of seasons normally but I think in the sims 4 it's more needed then the cats and dogs EP. Just the fact we need something to change how sims live there lives in the game and what challenges they offer because of the changing weather effects. It's so boring knowing it's always sunny and always a nice day to go to the park so my sims never go because why? It's gonna be a nice day the next day too.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited December 2017
    If there is Seasons after Cats and Dogs, There'd better be 4 SEASONS Not just TWO!!! SMH.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ST7_MTNMANST7_MTNMAN Posts: 172 Member
    if they implemented things to do with it! for instance:

Parenthood- Make kids shovel snow, rake leaves, plant a toddler garden w/ guardian, get sunburnt, Mow the yard, trim hedges, buy firewood or repair the heating unit.

But if it is just the seasons with no sort of additional gameplay then no thx
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Seasons should be one of the very last EPs, if not the final one. It's never been gameplay heavy and it was fine in the previous iterations, but with TS4, that still suffers from lack of deeper, more engaging gameplay I started seeing Seasons as a waste of devs' time. There are so many possibilities for this game and Seasons would only bring us some cosmetic changes and immersion improvements... That's not what the game needs at the moment IMO.

Give us university first, to make the tedious skill grind actually meaningful. Give us celebrity pack with brand new activities we haven't seen before in the series. Give us that highly requested farming pack so gardening has more purpose. So, so many things that could make this game interesting and fun and yet, people just want rain puddles on the ground.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    agustd wrote: »
    Seasons should be one of the very last EPs, if not the final one. It's never been gameplay heavy and it was fine in the previous iterations, but with TS4, that still suffers from lack of deeper, more engaging gameplay I started seeing Seasons as a waste of devs' time. There are so many possibilities for this game and Seasons would only bring us some cosmetic changes and immersion improvements... That's not what the game needs at the moment IMO.

Give us university first, to make the tedious skill grind actually meaningful. Give us celebrity pack with brand new activities we haven't seen before in the series. Give us that highly requested farming pack so gardening has more purpose. So, so many things that could make this game interesting and fun and yet, people just want rain puddles on the ground.
    I think the next EP is going to be the last one, so why I'm ok with it being seasons. Being that Sims iterations take five years meaning Sims 5 will probably come out in 2019, I don't see them having enough time to do more than one more EP. GPs and SPs sure. Why some themes will probably have to go into packs like GPs since those are released twice a year and SPs that are released four times a year. We probably have a good 1 EP, 2-4 GPs, and 6-8 SPs remaining now, so thing are winding up. I actually would like a school GP myself for a change and I think with GPs being more theme focused than EPs, that it would be a good pack to feature education for multiple ages in like what the Go to School and College mods offer. Farm pack I could see making a good GP theme as well and I would want it more themed focused too. I've actually been more impressed by GPs than EPs this iteration, so those two themes I would also really like but I think they would be developed better in a GP context where themes are concentrated more on and tend to offer richer gameplay.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    I like the idea of seasons. I would like it so you could make one world a season and the other worlds could be any season you like. For example, I might make Granite Falls winter while another city is another season. I really like to garden in the sims and when it is winter I miss being able to harvest stuff. Maybe they could have winter squash, turnips, pumpkin and stuff like that. Also for deep winter, maybe they could have magical plants or holly berries. Anyway, more things to grow at least, if you like to play with winter stuff, but still like to garden.

I do like the skating, ice skating, apple bobbing and all those fall activities. I want some cider and hot cocoa, popcorn balls and fair food. Maybe your sim could can veggies and fruits, make a quilt, knit or crochet, do arts or crafts or enter animals in the fair. Also for fall, maybe a sim could collect natural things like pine cones, leaves, acorns and make crafts with that. They could collect nuts for desserts or just to crack and eat them.

Maybe there could be some costumes you could wear and each sim could act out a part to put on a play. I'd really like the experience with working with other sims to do something, such as sing songs together or play instruments together. New songs to sing would be great. Sims should be able to sing to their pets. Sims should be able to sing baby songs or toddler songs with their kids. Maybe act out a silly dance and sing to make their kids laugh. Think of any of the songs with hand motions.

For summer stuff, maybe have more swimming areas, natural springs and stuff. I like natural things. Maybe you could pan for gold or go pearl diving. Maybe you could have a sim go paragliding or swim with dolphins. Bird watching and listening to birds. Having birds visit feeders or a bird bath. Having humming birds visit certain plants and feeders. Photographing bugs and butterflies in different stages of development and also collecting bugs and butterflies.

I love new foods and recipes! Watermelon is good in the summer. Slushies and fruit sorbets are refreshing. Having a farmers market or outdoor market that sells different things would be fun. It could be seasonal, selling local produce, crafts and stuff.

For pets, I really want some more natural surroundings. I would love if pets had burrows outside, rocks and logs to climb around in and secret spots to explore. For example, there could be something like the cat tree, but a rock with lots of holes in it, moss and plants on it. Cats could climb around in it and on it. They could sleep in it. The could sun on it, taking in the warmth. I would like that some pets explore more and like to live outside more, fending for themselves sometimes. If it is possible I would like if there could be secret pet meetings. I like the idea of pets being able to prowl around and meet other pets at night, go on adventures together and plan mischief or acts of kindness. Maybe have a spy pet that could photograph things going on around.

I really want to be able to take a picture of anything and then have my sim be able to paint that. There are so many pretty things in the game and sometimes it is hard to get just the right angle. Or you can't set it up to paint there. If there is a way to do that now, let me know. I am sure there is a mod but I don't want to play with mods.

I really want a lot less ghosts in the game. I like how the ghosts are being culled. I don't know how I would feel about my sim forgetting their parents or linage though. If you play with a sim they should not forget who their parents or grandparents were or their whole family tree. I like the idea of just releasing the spirit so I don't have to talk or deal with it, but I kind of like the idea of a legacy, just not with ghosts around. So if there is something that messes up the genetics I wouldn't want that. But the sims I have right now I have been playing for a long time so it isn't much of a legacy yet.

I miss how open sims 3 was, so any place that is open and sims can run around in great big lots is fun for me.
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Similar to the hints regarding pets, we’ve found code and such regarding Seasons, therefore it makes sense we receive seasons to complete the overall structure before EA butcher and serve us alternate versions of University and Bon Voyage and the countless other expansions we received over the years. Also...I want snow plum bobbit! (Like my use of plumbob as a curse?)

Yes with all the hype and ideas floating around regarding new and innovative changes to old expansions it does make seasons sound like the least favorable expansion to acquire, but sounding ridiculously selfish, I for one can’t go on knowing seasons is possible and I’m so many months or perhaps a year away from watching my sims family make snow angels and rake leaves...yes I’m that simplistic, without putting in my two cents about why we need seasons first.

Again, plenty of better ideas and packs to be released, however, with laundry on its way, as a realism player, I want the basics first, many will disagree and frankly who can blame them.

But! As a seasons fan I hope they can push out something amazing and throw more into the sims 4 version so that it’s not a disappointing disaster as the previous packs have been.
    Personally I’d be happy if seasons came as a game pack that just focused on weather and how it affects the world, gimme that, some cute outfits and the ability to trap my sims in a frozen pool and I’m happy. Also it then gives developers more time to focus on big wild expansions without having to work themselves through the ringer making seasons something it can’t be but they’ll be too afraid to come clean about in case it brings in epic backlash which isn’t so rare but at this point I’m sure the staff would like one day where they’re efforts aren’t verbally attacked.

That’s just my ramble. Sorry about that btw
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Similar to the hints regarding pets, we’ve found code and such regarding Seasons, therefore it makes sense we receive seasons to complete the overall structure before EA butcher and serve us alternate versions of University and Bon Voyage and the countless other expansions we received over the years. Also...I want snow plum bobbit! (Like my use of plumbob as a curse?)

Yes with all the hype and ideas floating around regarding new and innovative changes to old expansions it does make seasons sound like the least favorable expansion to acquire, but sounding ridiculously selfish, I for one can’t go on knowing seasons is possible and I’m so many months or perhaps a year away from watching my sims family make snow angels and rake leaves...yes I’m that simplistic, without putting in my two cents about why we need seasons first.

Again, plenty of better ideas and packs to be released, however, with laundry on its way, as a realism player, I want the basics first, many will disagree and frankly who can blame them.

But! As a seasons fan I hope they can push out something amazing and throw more into the sims 4 version so that it’s not a disappointing disaster as the previous packs have been.
    Personally I’d be happy if seasons came as a game pack that just focused on weather and how it affects the world, gimme that, some cute outfits and the ability to trap my sims in a frozen pool and I’m happy. Also it then gives developers more time to focus on big wild expansions without having to work themselves through the ringer making seasons something it can’t be but they’ll be too afraid to come clean about in case it brings in epic backlash which isn’t so rare but at this point I’m sure the staff would like one day where they’re efforts aren’t verbally attacked.

That’s just my ramble. Sorry about that btw

If you don't mind me asking, where can I find the info about seasons code in TS4? I just googled but I'm getting no results.