Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massive Speculation: We might get RAIN in TS4 Cats & Dogs!

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Seasons was also hinted in TS3 Pets - I know we can't use past patterns as a model for TS4, but it's worth keeping in mind!
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    The best weather-related EP was for TS3. If EA has plans to add weather to TS4, I hope they use the weather from that EP as a template. The thunder and lightning storms were awesome, and the wind actually made one fear the roof would fly off at any moment. And I do believe the gurus are hinting there is weather coming our way soon. As someone commented earlier here, I have noticed a marked increase in the number of leaves falling in the worlds I play, too. As far as weather being too complicated to come to us in a patch? May I point out we received toddlers in a patch, and I imagine toddlers were a bit complicated as well, yet they were introduced without fanfare or hype, and cloaked in secrecy. At this point I wouldn't put anything past EA when it comes to TS4. Their usual manner of putting out EPs. SPs and GPs is very, very different from the way content was introduced and marketed in the past. We saw toddler hints in Dine Out yet there were Simmers who thought those hints meant nothing but wishful thinking. Code related to toddlers and pets was found, then revealed. And now we have toddlers, and pets are coming soon.

Last year there was much discussion about hints being used as a way to clue us in to what is coming. I am not a fan of this, but I have to admit It has me intrigued and I look at the trailers about upcoming content with new eyes. Without coming right out and telling us what to expect, EA is resorting to these hints in order to sidestep the new regulations regarding what can be announced in any given fiscal quarter. In the past, we were hanging on to ' leaks ' coming out of Europe and South America.( Funny how those have stopped.) So that leaves us with these hints we find in promotional trailers. And this latest trailer about Brindleton gave us a lot to think about. The first time I saw the trailer with the girl and her dog playing in a puddle, I did a double take and hit rewind. I must have watched it ten times before it dawned on me why that scene seemed 'off'. Where in blazes did that puddle come from? In the CAS part of the new Toddler Stuff Pack we have hooded sweatshirts which seems kinda strange when the weather is always sunny. They look very cute in their new hoodies but what other purpose could those have beyond protecting our wee ones from rain or cold? And the orange foliage on the trees in the background? Come on, you put that together with the weather references in the patch notes and it seems very obvious they are heavily hinting there is weather of some kind coming our way.

Let us not forget about the new color wheel coming with Dogs and Cats. I think this is something that should also be considered seeing as many, many Simmers were quite unhappy it was not included in the base game for TS4. I realize in the beginning it will be used mainly for the creation of pets, but I have to wonder if EA plans to expand it's functionality. There is a lot to think about with the next EP that is coming up.

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I don't think weather in its entirety will be patched in. It is a moneymaker after all. But for rain in particular. . . I think the possibility is definitely there. only time will tell!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    edited August 2017
    @NeonHighways Ah okay, you meant in a patch! That would be cool, but I doubt it. It's too much work to do it for free, I believe.

I don't think rain should be too hard to integrate for free. If they can make trees (a static object) movie in the wind as well as curtains, I don't see why they can't have moving drops of water falling from the sky.

Edit: Also, let's not forget about toddlers. I think that would have been a much larger/harder job to patch in than rain.
    Post edited by Callum2000 on
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    To me, rain, storms and to an extent fog are the "basic weather" I'd consider in The Sims. These are really independent from seasons changing but since they are a part of it it makes sense to patch it in to complement a future seasons expansion. They just need to add umbrellas, a reaction to the rain by sims and gray sky instead of blue, maybe a new type of cloud that is darker and thunder fx for storms. The worlds landscapes don't need to be changed, we already have ground puddles and the rain could just automatically water all plants. Of course I don't know how any of this really works in game development.
    When I played in San Myshuno the other day, there was fog over the harbor when my sim woke up, and then it gradually cleared as the wore on. Wish I had gotten a pic, because I wondered then if they had started maybe patching some weather in little by little we also have wind already in Oasis Springs. You can often see the sand blow across the bluffs and occasional a tumbleweed blowing down the road especially by the park. So I agree that maybe some of the ground work has been laid and if we don't get it now, maybe soon.

I haven't noticed the wind and tumbleweeds in OS, probably because I haven't played there much, but I have noticed the fog in San Myshuno. Windenburg's countryside also looks a little foggy and dewy in the morning. Hopefully this indicates that we'll weather and seasons soon enough.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited August 2017
    There's legit wind in every town hence why the trees sway and some of the plants sway too lol
    *edit also curtains do too
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    edited August 2017
    It would be a really nice surprise if they patched in rain right before the release of the expansion pack. I would never have guessed it a week ago, but the hints in the trailer do seem to point that way. Let's hope and see.
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    I was having a look at the trailer (once more lol) and this tree caught my attention. Most of all because it is VERY detailed.
    Maybe they are adding some new colors to exhistent trees? It would be awesome anyway, because all this green is boring :dizzy:

this is what I am talking about -> http://imgur.com/a/rSPRE
  • Options
    FaybelFaybel Posts: 53 Member
    I kind of assumed the puddle was because they're by the waterfront and the weather mood bubble just represented the 'gloomy' trait. :c
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    I was having a look at the trailer (once more lol) and this tree caught my attention. Most of all because it is VERY detailed.
    Maybe they are adding some new colors to exhistent trees? It would be awesome anyway, because all this green is boring :dizzy:

this is what I am talking about -> http://imgur.com/a/rSPRE

Wait... also check the calendar in that pic. See the green background? I know there's another cat calendar swatch with an orange fall back ground. Probably just decor object but it definitely seems like a hint for seasons coming next
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    I think it's VERY possible that rain will be introduced with the pre-pets patch.
    Rain coats and puddles in the C&D trailer, the joke about "crossing seasons with pets" on the holiday cracker and the toddler book dog on a log is basically about a dog in the heavy rain, and the SimGuru tweet about how great the pre-pets patch will be...
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    When I first saw the trailer, I instantly fell in love with the new world. There was something so different and captivating about it but I couldn't quite tell what... Now I know, it just looked so gloomy and windy and like it had actual WEATHER, that's what charmed me. All the hints gathered on this thread make sense to me. Not going to hype myself up but TS4 has done many things differently to older games already so I wouldn't completely dismiss the possibility of devs giving us rain/ fall weather separate from seasons. I mean, rain is not really exclusive to any season and it'd be nice if they finally realized that and just patched it in. That, or Brindleton Bay is just made to look like it rains a lot there...we'll see. Even if it's not going to be real rain I'll be happy to have a town without the constant boring summer feel to it.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    While I'm very skeptical of this possibility, the reason I closely follow this part of the forums is because speculation here usually turns out to be true.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Oh also! Did you read the patch notes for August? It starts off talking about weather.... that's odd!

Hey Simmers,

The end of summer is here and… you know, whenever I talk to my mom she wants to talk about the weather. It’s kind of our starting point to get the conversation motor running, after the weather we start talking about more meaningful things… our brains are in conversation mode, and we are ready to go… so, with that…

…on to the issues.

I also find it odd that they'd start off talking about weather, and they phrase it in a way that definitely makes it sound like they're certainly thinking about it. I think it's definitely a hint!
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Another hint -- @bixters , your avi looks a bit "under the weather". :)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Another hint -- @bixters , your avi looks a bit "under the weather". :)

lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited August 2017
    Haha yes she was. She lived in a grimey, needs TLC apartment and got sick pretty often @ClassicalSim Now she runs a woohoo club lol
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2017
    This thread makes me unreasonably excited. :lol: I know I shouldn't and don't want to get my hopes up, but all of these hints seem to be clicking together almost perfectly. I even got chills reading some of the past "hints" mentioned here.

I've also noticed an increase of weather/seasonal activity happening around the worlds, but I thought I was imagining things. I've heard quite a large assortment of bird and owl sounds I've never noticed before at very appropriate times of day, have seen fog and frosty morning dew settling on the grass in certain parts of Windenburg, and the leaves falling seem even more noticeable than before. I think it's very likely they could be silently patching in little details like these to slowly introduce seasonal elements.

I'm also reminded of some of the toddler clothing from the toddler SP. Some of the prints of those items (particularly the girls' items) gave off such a Spring/Easter-y vibe. I know other clothing pieces from other packs have similar styles to them, but those from the latest just really stood out to me. I'm probably looking too far into things, but thought I'd throw it out there. :smile:
    Post edited by klestrella on
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Ok well now people are getting me curious and exceited.
    If they add snow maybe dogs can pull dog sleds or toddlers can ride in them :o I've been secretly hoppeing for this forever. Also I hope they count snow as basic where I live it is a very prevalent weather pattern so I would love to see it considered basic enough to get some representation.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'll leave this here... This came with the holiday cracker.

Q: What do you get when you cross seasons with pets?

A: Rain Deer.

Also this coming in a toddler book.

Is it spring? Not now, but soon. Is it fall? Perhaps, by noon? Is it summer? The heat, seems likely. When is winter? Who knows, but it’s coming.

I know they say they don't toss in hints but I have seen so many that came true
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited August 2017
    I hope it's hints that a Seasons EP is next, rather than minimal weather being patched in. I want full-blown weather, all seasons in all the worlds, not just rain and clouds.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I hope it's hints that a Seasons EP is next, rather than minimal weather being patched in. I want full-blown weather, all seasons in all the worlds, not just rain and clouds.

Basically my stance on the subject too.

I don't want breadcrumbs, I just would like to have the whole thing.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I hope we have GOOD weather though. If weather is patched in, it better be fleshed out, or else it better be fleshed out better in a Seasons EP.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8