Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massive Speculation: We might get RAIN in TS4 Cats & Dogs!

Comments

• HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I wouldn't blame then for giving us rain because of the horses we expected and didn't get.

Nah.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    @NeonHighways Im in agreement with you cause even in the patch note they where hints for weather. I think we going to see weather soon, this will be so awesome if its in this pack, but we will soon find out.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well I would hope Rain/cloudy/temperature and Lunar Cycles would come in a Patch before Seasons, but If you really want "Wet dog" to be a thing.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Line870 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to maybe dissapoint you, but I'm pretty sure that rain will not happen. The sims series have been known to leave easter eggs for years! Maybe it's just for what is to come in the future.

I just wanted to point out that the rain deer joke came out last year already. It was certainly hinting at future content. It was pointing to the release of pets, and I believe, rain. :)

It's ok that there are doubters though. I have been right about a lot of my predictions so far (granted not all of them), and I just enjoy being happy when they come true. It doesn't bother me if others don't agree, because all will be revealed in time, one way or another!
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I now hope that weather gets patched in and we get the weather and disaster ep
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I doubt it to be honest.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    If we would get simple weather in a patch and a pack dedicated to seasons that would be nice. The sun is starting to annoy me not to mention I love rain and thunder so that would be really nice to have.

We got hints all hear about pets so i'm sure they'll leave hints again, it's what they like to do and I like getting them, makes me excited about the next pack.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2017
    Skobee wrote: »
    If we would get simple weather in a patch and a pack dedicated to seasons that would be nice. The sun is starting to annoy me not to mention I love rain and thunder so that would be really nice to have.

We got hints all hear about pets so i'm sure they'll leave hints again, it's what they like to do and I like getting them, makes me excited about the next pack.

Oh I surely hope we'll get Seasons soon. I don't really like the idea of them patching in ''rain'' and leaving the rest out though.

I mean, to me it wouldn't make sense. When they are going to make a Seasons Pack, they would want to use every Season (including its weather effects) as ''features'' to sell the pack.

I don't know if we'll even get the other weather types (Snow, hail etc) when they patch in rain. That's why I'd love to have a full on Seasons EP/GP featuring every Season and every weather type.

Like I said earlier; to me Weather is more than just rain.

I don't want them to ''give'' us rain and be done with it. Even though we never know that's what happens, but everything is possible with TS4. ''Here you have rain, stop complaining about Seasons. Done''.
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    edited August 2017
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    The recent patch notes kinda hinted to weather as well.
    True very strange opening if they have no plans on adding in weather they know we all want it.

Hey Simmers,

The end of summer is here and… you know, whenever I talk to my mom she wants to talk about the weather. It’s kind of our starting point to get the conversation motor running, after the weather we start talking about more meaningful things… our brains are in conversation mode, and we are ready to go… so, with that…

True very strange opening if they have no plans on adding in weather they know we all want it.

Hey Simmers,

The end of summer is here and… you know, whenever I talk to my mom she wants to talk about the weather. It’s kind of our starting point to get the conversation motor running, after the weather we start talking about more meaningful things… our brains are in conversation mode, and we are ready to go… so, with that…

It caught my attention as well. It's a very weird and very random opening of it's not a hint.
    I think we might get basic weather patches in before the cats and dogs release.

I think he is giving us hints about future packs. Particularly Seasons and Cars.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Grant Rodiek said on Twitter: "But there is great stuff in the Cats & Dogs patch." He didn't say what, but it sounds like November might be a good month for patch freebies. I'm not saying it's rain, but there are a few hints it could be. B)
    edited August 2017
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Oh I surely hope we'll get Seasons soon. I don't really like the idea of them patching in ''rain'' and leaving the rest out though.

I mean, to me it wouldn't make sense. When they are going to make a Seasons Pack, they would want to use every Season (including its weather effects) as ''features'' to sell the pack.

I don't know if we'll even get the other weather types (Snow, hail etc) when they patch in rain. That's why I'd love to have a full on Seasons EP/GP featuring every Season and every weather type.

I don't want them to ''give'' us rain and be done with it. Even though we never know that's what happens, but everything is possible with TS4. ''Here you have rain, stop complaining about Seasons. Done''.

I agree with you BUT I don't think patching in rain means we won't get Seasons. It MIGHT mean we can get Seasons in a game pack rather than an expansion which would mean we could potentially get it sooner than next year.

And to add, by next year I don't mean 2018, but next fall 2018
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I agree with you BUT I don't think patching in rain means we won't get Seasons. It MIGHT mean we can get Seasons in a game pack rather than an expansion which would mean we could potentially get it sooner than next year.

And to add, by next year I don't mean 2018, but next fall 2018

I hope it's that :)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Grant Rodiek said on Twitter: "But there is great stuff in the Cats & Dogs patch." He didn't say what, but it sounds like November might be a good month for patch freebies. I'm not saying it's rain, but there are a few hints it could be. B)

I think the great stuff in the patch will be octagonal roofs (look at Simsvip).
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member

I think the great stuff in the patch will be octagonal roofs (look at Simsvip).

You could be right. I don't really expect them to patch in weather, but it's nice to hope.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I hate that we have to wait for that patch until November....no matter what it is, now I am curious
    I hate that we have to wait for that patch until November....no matter what it is, now I am curious
    Lol I know... now I just want to know. But it's so far away
  • PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member

Hey Simmers,

I took this as a possible hint that they may be working on a Seasons EP. Even if they are, surely there won't be any confirmation until at least the middle of next year. Either way, I found it peculiar.

Also, I did notice the Fall-like trees in the background. Interesting! However, I highly doubt we would be getting weather in a Pets EP. That's definitely worthy of an entirely different EP, as much as I hate to wait for it.

Hey Simmers,

I took this as a possible hint that they may be working on a Seasons EP. Even if they are, surely there won't be any confirmation until at least the middle of next year. Either way, I found it peculiar.

Also, I did notice the Fall-like trees in the background. Interesting! However, I highly doubt we would be getting weather in a Pets EP. That's definitely worthy of an entirely different EP, as much as I hate to wait for it.

Appaloosa Plains also had the whole ''Fall-Vibe'' so I doubt they will (at least) Patch it in before the EP, or Seasons is part of this EP.
  • HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Oh man i hope we do get at least some occasional rain to the game, the sunshine that never ends really bugs me.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I want more than rain though, I gotta have snow too. I want ALL of the Seasons; rain, hail, wind, fall weather, wintery snow, etc.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    I wouldn't blame then for giving us rain because of the horses we expected and didn't get.

Nah.

That video is hilarious. Sonny Daniels is one of my fave sims Lets players :D
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    The patch note makes weird references about weather and cars (starting point, motor running, ready to go) so I think the next gp will add cars and the next EP will be seasons. Hopefully.
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Well I would hope Rain/cloudy/temperature and Lunar Cycles would come in a Patch before Seasons, but If you really want "Wet dog" to be a thing.

I hope wet dog is a thing!!! Sims can get moodlets when the dogs come in from the rain, like, "ew what's that smell!?"
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Maybe they will patch in weather, not just rain, in October or November
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    What is they are releasing seasons close to pets? Like they did with seasons and supernatural. I can dream