Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massive Speculation: We might get RAIN in TS4 Cats & Dogs!

Comments

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Would weather have to be a "Free" update for all players, coming in a Patch or could it come in a Game pack?

Seasons, and weather, have always come in a paid pack, so no it doesn't HAVE to be patched in... But I think weather WILL be patched in this time, unless they're also releasing a Seasons Game Pack next quarter.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited August 2017
    To me, rain, storms and to an extent fog are the "basic weather" I'd consider in The Sims. These are really independent from seasons changing but since they are a part of it it makes sense to patch it in to complement a future seasons expansion. They just need to add umbrellas, a reaction to the rain by sims and gray sky instead of blue, maybe a new type of cloud that is darker and thunder fx for storms. The worlds landscapes don't need to be changed, we already have ground puddles and the rain could just automatically water all plants. Of course I don't know how any of this really works in game development.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    To me, rain, storms and to an extent fog are the "basic weather" I'd consider in The Sims. These are really independent from seasons changing but since they are a part of it it makes sense to patch it in to complement a future seasons expansion. They just need to add umbrellas, a reaction to the rain by sims and gray sky instead of blue, maybe a new type of cloud that is darker and thunder fx for storms. The worlds landscapes don't need to be changed, we already have ground puddles and the rain could just automatically water all plants. Of course I don't know how any of this really works in game development.
    When I played in San Myshuno the other day, there was fog over the harbor when my sim woke up, and then it gradually cleared as the wore on. Wish I had gotten a pic, because I wondered then if they had started maybe patching some weather in little by little we also have wind already in Oasis Springs. You can often see the sand blow across the bluffs and occasional a tumbleweed blowing down the road especially by the park. So I agree that maybe some of the ground work has been laid and if we don't get it now, maybe soon.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I also think something big is coming next quarter. Maybe they will patch in rain or maybe a seasons game pack is coming. :) Even if seasons doesn't come next I'm hopeful that it's eventually going to happen.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I don't think that rain will be included because they're very specific about what they include. It has to fit the theme of the pack. The team is always going on about how they had to drop features because of the pack's budget.

That being said, I don't think rain is that hard to do (the effect). Detecting if the player camera's "inside" or "outside" to stop the effect, and puddles spawning randomly. But I don't think they'll randomly choose to patch in rain before Cats & Dogs.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited August 2017

Yes exactly this is something I've been saying all along... Seasons and weather are separate things. I very well could see basic weather patched in. Seasons may come separately later on, but I would not be shocked to see a weather patch with rain at some point
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    ElenPink wrote: »
    You guys really like to read into things.
    Fishermen are drawn as wearing yellow raincoats. That's how they were also drawn in things like cartoons and books, etc. It's mostly to protect them from ocean water.

That puddle looks like it came from the beach.

As for the third. Yeah. Gloomy cat.

People really shouldn't start expecting things and then getting disappointed when the pack comes out and those things aren't there, when they were never meant to be in the first place.

There were many, many little clues to the arrival of pets in the game. People were often dismissed and told not to read into things. But they were right. It's ok to speculate about possible hints in this section. No one is saying it's 100% true, after all

I mean sure it's okay to speculate. Until players get their hopes up and when the pack comes out, there are five billion threads about "cry cry cry rain wasn't included"

lol there's a reason why there is a forum dedicated speculation and rumor. Speculation works in EA/Maxis favor since it keeps us interested in future content. The dev's have been dropping hints for a while now.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    edited August 2017
    It sounds way too perfect to be true but I'm not getting my hopes up. If anything, they know Pets, Seasons and University are the most requested packs and I'm pretty sure they would not merge two themes into one when they can sell them as separate Expansion Packs and get that full $$$.

I mean, as much as I love Parenthood, we know Kids Room and Toddler Stuff packs could've easily fit into this Game Pack or even gotten a bigger attention and make it a full Generations EP but they want to milk it.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Good observations, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for weather with Pets. As someone mentioned, I think it's just preparation for a Seasons related EP.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    They won't include rain in a Pets EP. The first pic is cause of fishermen, the puddle could be that the dog took a bath or just go out from a pool and the cat with the bubble thought: gloomy cat
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    The dog peed and started wallowing in it, so the little girl loved her dog so much she splashed in it too! :P that's terrible, just kidding lol.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Rain would probably introduce performance issues. I kinda doubt they would drop that on us unnanounced.
    I do however agree that the hints they are dropping are pretty "in your face".
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The puddle by the shore may just be from waves or the tide coming in. But the opening for the patch notes is very interesting, almost hint-like. Perhaps they will announce a season gamepack in the fourth quarter, featuring only the four seasons, weather, and gameplay that relates to seasons and weather, like snowman, snow angels, raking leaves, mowing the grass, as well as immersion gameplay like sims reacting to the wheather, snow days, holidays, power outages, etc. Seems doable for a game pack, I may be wrong.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    This puddle. They are playing in a puddle. But a puddle of what? It sure can't be pee...

CITATION NEEDED.

All three of the former Pet packs used basic puddles to represent pee.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    it's raining cats and dogs.

@allisonchurch , I thought the same thing and came here to see if anyone thought of it as well!!! <3
    Yesterday I was thinking that this was just foreshadowing of the next Game Pack or Expansion Pack after this one, but then I thought, *OMG! It's "raining 'Cats & Dogs'" !!!!!* :o:D<3

And here is what SimGuruNick said in the patch notes:
    UPDATE: 8/22/2017 – PC Version 1.33.38.1020 / Mac Version 1.33.38.1220

Hey Simmers,

The end of summer is here and… you know, whenever I talk to my mom she wants to talk about the weather. It’s kind of our starting point to get the conversation motor running, after the weather we start talking about more meaningful things… our brains are in conversation mode, and we are ready to go… so, with that…

…on to the issues.

So, even if it isn't in this EP, there is definitely something in the air for the future! B) (But the title of this EP fits so perfectly!) ;)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    [img][/img]5aSbPUw.jpg
    Oh my goodness!! Get me on the hype train!! :grin:

Alright, I am a believer now. We might get rain in a patch just before Cats & Dogs gets released. That would be SUPERAWESOME.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Line870Line870 Posts: 91 Member
    I'm sorry to maybe dissapoint you, but I'm pretty sure that rain will not happen. The sims series have been known to leave easter eggs for years! Maybe it's just for what is to come in the future.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    could mean that seasons is after pets.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    edited August 2017
    Ahhh I am so excited for seasons :)

Also look at the patch notes >_<
    nWOuWcp.png
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    If they can add toddlers I'm sure they can add rain?
    giphy_1.gif
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I wouldn't blame then for giving us rain because of the horses we expected and didn't get.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    if we get rain that would be great, if we do not the pack is still perfect. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor