Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser: Toddler SP (Late Summer)

Comments

• Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    Happy to see toddlers are finally getting a stuff pack as it has been much asked for. I don't see why some are surprised, there was a whole thread on toddlers and even a simguru asked what we would like to see on Twitter a few months back. Even the dry spell shouldn't come as much as a surprise since we got two game packs back to back, and lots of simmers have predicted a dry spell in speculation and rumors. Don't worry, Pets will be here before we know it! Fingers crossed the next EP after that will be seasons :)
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    *crosses fingers for bug fixes*

Toddler stuff looks great tho. I especially love the little black girl's hairstyle SO cute.
  • Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    I won't be buying this pack. While happy for whoever is excited for this, I'm also underwhelmed like someone else said prior to me. Oh well.
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Well that was underwhelming.

seconded
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2017
    @BabySquare @Petarce123

Previous teasers
    • April 19th
      • Spring -> GP03 Dine Out -> June 7, 2016 (Late Spring)
      • Summer -> SP07 Kids Room Stuff -> June 28, 2016 (Early Summer)
    • July 5th :
      • Coming soon -> SP08 Backyard Stuff -> July 19, 2016 (Summer)
    • October 2nd :
      • Fall -> EP03 City Living -> November 1, 2016 (Fall)
      • Winter -> SP09 Vintage Stuff -> December 6, 2016 (Late Fall because Winter is on Dec. 21st :p)
    • January 6th :
      • Winter -> GP04 Vampires -> January 24, 2017 (Winter)
      • Spring -> SP10 Bowling Stuff -> March 29, 2017 (Early Spring)
    • April 4th :
      • Spring -> GP05 Parenthood -> May 30, 2017 (Spring)
      • Summer -> SP11 Fitness Stuff -> June 20, 2017 (Late Spring because Summer is on June 21st :p)
    • July 5th :
      • Late Summer -> SP12 Toddler Stuff -> ???
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I think it's awesome they will give toddlers more stuff, but one SP? It could be ok if it were a GP or an EP, but a SP? I mean we are talking of a few CAS items and one gameplay object, two if we are lucky and then just a few objects we already own but with a different style.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My guess for the premium item is a sandbox.

I can understand that they want to earn some money with the toddlers, but I hope this is the final children pack in this iteration. We desperately need more action for adults.
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member

I can understand that they want to earn some money with the toddlers, but I hope this is the final children pack in this iteration. We desperately need more action for adults.

To be honest we had:

Get To Work: An expansion mostly for YA+

Get Together: An expansion for all ages yes, but Kids and under can't use the dance skills, can't enjoy the late night clubbing, etc.

City Living: Again for all ages in terms of living situation, but still geared towards YA+.

Parenthood: To be honest, it's just for Parents. You can have a kid shape their own traits, but it's geared towards "Parenting".

I won't even get into the stuff packs that had 0-1 things for Kids and Under and were mostly only for YA+. I honestly do not care about this pack, I may get it if it's good, I'm just glad that we finally have something for a lot of simmers who kept asking for it over and over and over again.
  • Options
    Sometimes I feel like they are mocking us. Did we really need to wait three months to get a teaser about a SP?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I strongly doubt that mockery is part of the promotional cycle.
  • Options
    lasydaisy1122lasydaisy1122 Posts: 66 Member
    So very exciting! Been waiting a toddler sp or ep since Sims 2! So happy! Thank you, EA!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I don't know if this is something or not, but I noticed the patch of grass in the lower corner grew flowers between the before and after! The flowers behind the costume chest too! Do you think that means anything? (Seasons in a patch?) 0_0

Wouldn't it be great if the toddlers could pick the flowers? I'd love to see it.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

It frustrates me a bit. I love we are getting more stuff for toddlers. But this is all for 3 months and on top of that it will be during summer vacation for some people? I feel like we used to get more content before we had quarterly teasers.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

It frustrates me a bit. I love we are getting more stuff for toddlers. But this is all for 3 months and on top of that it will be during summer vacation for some people? I feel like we used to get more content before we had quarterly teasers.
    It seems to be more than 'a bit'. Calm down. It's just DLC for a video game. I didn't get anything I was interested in this time around either. It will come in its own time. There's nothing malicious going on.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really hope that toy box is not one of the "new" gameplay objects I really want outdoor activities please let there be a sandbox.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited July 2017

It seems to be more than 'a bit'. Calm down. It's just DLC for a video game. I didn't get anything I was interested in this time around either. It will come in its own time. There's nothing malicious going on.

I didn't say malicious. I am calm, I'm just dissapointed it's so little contents, I'm also ok with the theme. I just think this game in comparison to other sims games is very lacking to afford giving us such little content. I could get a bigger SP just by downloading CAS items for toddlers. I just buy SPs for the game play objects. I was only 40% sure we would see pets right now, but one sp? At least give us some new challange or something
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »

To be honest we had:

Get To Work: An expansion mostly for YA+

Get Together: An expansion for all ages yes, but Kids and under can't use the dance skills, can't enjoy the late night clubbing, etc.

City Living: Again for all ages in terms of living situation, but still geared towards YA+.

Parenthood: To be honest, it's just for Parents. You can have a kid shape their own traits, but it's geared towards "Parenting".

I won't even get into the stuff packs that had 0-1 things for Kids and Under and were mostly only for YA+. I honestly do not care about this pack, I may get it if it's good, I'm just glad that we finally have something for a lot of simmers who kept asking for it over and over and over again.

What about exploring worlds? Swimming in oceans, surfing, driving cars? Having romances and hot dates? Enjoying show and fashion careers? Playing with witches and werewolves? I know that family players have been disappointed without toddlers, but the truth is that TS4 with its closed worlds has always been focused on households. And the cats & dogs EP will not change this.
  • Options

I didn't say malicious. I am calm, I'm just dissapointed it's so little contents, I'm also ok with the theme. I just think this game in comparison to other sims games is very lacking to afford giving us such little content. I could get a bigger SP just by downloading CAS items for toddlers. I just buy SPs for the game play objects
    I think it is healthy to remember that the developers are people too. They have families and wants and desires. They want to take vacations in the summer too. So Q3 ends up being light. That's life.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I didn't say malicious. I am calm, I'm just dissapointed it's so little contents, I'm also ok with the theme. I just think this game in comparison to other sims games is very lacking to afford giving us such little content. I could get a bigger SP just by downloading CAS items for toddlers. I just buy SPs for the game play objects
    I think it is healthy to remember that the developers are people too. They have families and wants and desires. They want to take vacations in the summer too. So Q3 ends up being light. That's life.

??? That has nothing to do with it. All profesionals are people and they work extremely hard. Doctors, lawyers, teachers and many other careers. This is not high school.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

??? That has nothing to do with it. A lot of people are people and they work extremely hard. Doctors, lawyers, teachers and many other careers. This is not high school.
    It absolutely may have much to do with it. People take the bulk of their vacation time in the summer. Offices are often staffed more lightly simply because workers are down the shore. It isn't high school, it's the real world.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Summer started near the end of June. Late summer is around mid-September, right before the end of the quarter.

I'm guessing a Summer Challenge and a bigger sized patch between now and then.

Surely if there was a challenge they would have included it in the teaser. They did that for the day of the dead challenge.
  • Options

??? That has nothing to do with it. A lot of people are people and they work extremely hard. Doctors, lawyers, teachers and many other careers. This is not high school.
    It absolutely may have much to do with it. People take the bulk of their vacation time in the summer. Offices are often staffed more lightly simply because workers are down the shore. It isn't high school, it's the real world.

Maybe in your world. In my world people work hard all year long and don't have the law of minimum effort just because summer is around the corner.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Ohh yay.. another stuff pack. :/
    I want Expansions! More game play is needed for TS4.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Summer started near the end of June. Late summer is around mid-September, right before the end of the quarter.

I'm guessing a Summer Challenge and a bigger sized patch between now and then.

Surely if there was a challenge they would have included it in the teaser. They did that for the day of the dead challenge.

Yup that's what I'm thinking too
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Ohh yay.. another stuff pack. :/
    I want Expansions! More game play is needed for TS4.

Or at least a GP, or another SP.
    21mbz47.jpg