Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser: Toddler SP (Late Summer)

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Finally more toddler's stuff!

I knew there was going to be a fairly empty quarter but it just basically confirms that there won't be any more GPs in 2017 and it'll be yet again only one EP for the year. After this, there's only one quarter left. Have we ever had a GP and an EP in the same quarter? I can't remember.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Late summer would seem to indicate towards the end of August, not September.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

Summer ends Sept 22
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

I knew there was going to be a fairly empty quarter but it just basically confirms that there won't be any more GPs in 2017 and it'll be yet again only one EP for the year. After this, there's only one quarter left. Have we ever had a GP and an EP in the same quarter? I can't remember.

Only once. OR was released in January and GTW was released in March of the same year. So technically speaking they were that was the only time we've had that happen before.

Moodbeamy wrote: »

That's what I was thinking but it could also mean a release in September as a Late release and not a literal late summer release.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    What is the thing with wheels on the left side? And the costume box looks like a bus. Perhaps a hint to a free transportation patch?

It is a toddler wagon.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    @Orchid13 @OEII1001 let it go. Don't derail the thread already, it's been up for barely a few hours.
    Apologies, my lord. I will show myself out.

Was that supposed to be funny? :)
    It was not. I was an acknowledgement of the reality that I am not welcome here. I am not considered part of this community nor a Real Simmer (TM). I merely was content to challenge what I believed to be an erroneous assertion regarding the nature of the developers and quarterly teasers. Having done that, I am happy to withdraw.

I leave you now to 'yea boiiii' to your heart's content, sir.

Why arent you a real simmer or part of the "community"? I dont think there is much of "community" to be found among simmers.But I think players of all kinds are welcome on here.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I really hope that toy box is not one of the "new" gameplay objects I really want outdoor activities please let there be a sandbox.

Yeah I definitely want a playground type stuff for toddlers. Im hoping that theres going to be more than what was shown.
  • Options
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    How utterly disappointing..... ( for those of us who don't play families)

I agree.

Me not being a fan of kids much (in real life or ingame much), we've had kids room stuff, parenthood and now another kids stuff pack.
    I was hoping for something else. (not pets that's still a bit away) but something else *sigh.*
    While I do agree, there is also significant upside. If what is whispered regarding Pets in November comes to pass I will have received two of the three things I wanted in 2017 with only Seasons remaining. Furthermore, EA gets to harpoon some whales with this stuff pack and those additional funds ensure that the Seasons pack will be made reality.

I've been reading on simsvip about the pets hints and rumours and one of these comments said "what's so great about pets? You'll get bored in like an hour from watching a dog"

I highly disagree with this. Dogs and cats and maybe any other animals that come with it, I'll be entertained for ages. I'll maybe possibly play it more than this game I am playing right now. Anyway, I was thinking the same thing about seasons. Like the seasons in real life aren't interesting to me, apart from dying of heat and wrapping up in duvets. I struggle to see how seasons will pique interest for longer than 1 cycle of the seasons.

(If this has gone off track I am sorry. It just seemed to be on topic enough and I didn't want to make a new thread.)

Yeah, I mean, you have people who enjoyed pets in previous versions of the sims and then people who had them, but bored of them quickly. In my opinions pets have never brought much replay value. We all prefer different types of playing styles.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I strongly doubt that mockery is part of the promotional cycle.

It frustrates me a bit. I love we are getting more stuff for toddlers. But this is all for 3 months and on top of that it will be during summer vacation for some people? I feel like we used to get more content before we had quarterly teasers.
    It seems to be more than 'a bit'. Calm down. It's just DLC for a video game. I didn't get anything I was interested in this time around either. It will come in its own time. There's nothing malicious going on.

I didn't say malicious. I am calm, I'm just dissapointed it's so little contents, I'm also ok with the theme. I just think this game in comparison to other sims games is very lacking to afford giving us such little content. I could get a bigger SP just by downloading CAS items for toddlers. I just buy SPs for the game play objects
    I think it is healthy to remember that the developers are people too. They have families and wants and desires. They want to take vacations in the summer too. So Q3 ends up being light. That's life.

??? That has nothing to do with it. A lot of people are people and they work extremely hard. Doctors, lawyers, teachers and many other careers. This is not high school.
    It absolutely may have much to do with it. People take the bulk of their vacation time in the summer. Offices are often staffed more lightly simply because workers are down the shore. It isn't high school, it's the real world.

Maybe in your world. In my world people work hard all year long and don't have the law of minimum effort just because summer is around the corner.
    It isn't just my world, it is your world too. The reality is that people tend to take their 2-week vacations most often during the months of July or August. Businesses call it the summer slump, as productivity is notably lower with a rolling series of absences.

I've lived in several countries and that's not how it works. If anything they work way harder and more hours just so they can leave everything ready before they leave.
    You're moving the goalposts. Of course they get their work done, but they aren't there to handle new work. And that's everywhere. It's normal. So as someone who has had decades of experience I can tell you that this is reality.

It's not "new work". For example pets have been in the code for several months.
    I would hope that you would understand the difference between snippets of residual coding found in the base game and a completed piece of DLC. Regardless, I'm not going to sit here and go around with you all day. I understand your point -- the devs are shiftless do-nothings who are mocking you with their teaser. I could not disagree more with that assessment for the reasons stated above.

That's that.

If you are expectations are this low I can't even discuss with you.

Lol wt*. You work too don't you? Yup people try to get everything done before they go on holidays, so in a sense they do "work hard" but it just isn't the same & definitely not a good time for new releases. I work in the tech industry & I can promise you that things are a little dead there too 'round this period and will only really kick back into gear in preparation for September. Nothing new's being released at all. Not just cause the devs themselves (or in our case, the people working for tech companies) go on holidays, no, but because their customers do too. And holidays cost a lot of money. And the next time customers start spending a lot of money again is .. tadah .. in preparation for Christmas. Which is why it makes a billion times more sense to release the Pets EP in the next quarter. What @OEII1001 said here is in fact reality - and reality for most businesses and workers still trumps the expectations or wants of a comparatively small group of simmers :)

ETA (a few times) for clarity. Time to go to bed :)
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @Orchid13 @OEII1001 let it go. Don't derail the thread already, it's been up for barely a few hours.

It was not. I was an acknowledgement of the reality that I am not welcome here. I am not considered part of this community nor a Real Simmer (TM). I merely was content to challenge what I believed to be an erroneous assertion regarding the nature of the developers and quarterly teasers. Having done that, I am happy to withdraw.

Why arent you a real simmer or part of the "community"? I dont think there is much of "community" to be found among simmers.But I think players of all kinds are welcome on here.

From what I've seen around here and other places, seniority in the simming community is weaponized in arguments (i.e. "I've been simming since 200 BCE, so I know what I'm talking about when I say TS4 is bad", "Only real simmers would see that TS4 horrible" etc). It is also a regularity to be assumed to be a newcomer to simming community if you happen to not hate/dislike TS4. I've been told that TS4 is for pre-schoolers and that only someone completely new to simming would enjoy such a rubbish game. :lol:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    When can I buy this thing?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »

Knowing EA, probably not until September, since they have a history of waiting until the last minute to put games out.
  • Options
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

From what I've seen around here and other places, seniority in the simming community is weaponized in arguments (i.e. "I've been simming since 200 BCE, so I know what I'm talking about when I say TS4 is bad", "Only real simmers would see that TS4 horrible" etc). It is also a regularity to be assumed to be a newcomer to simming community if you happen to not hate/dislike TS4. I've been told that TS4 is for pre-schoolers and that only someone completely new to simming would enjoy such a rubbish game. :lol:

Lol :D Been playing the sims sims I was 10 .That was during Sims 1. And now Im near 30. I still think Sims 4 is the most modern and fun to play sims game. So their argument is totally invalid and ironically it makes them sound like the pre-schooler ! :p
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Toddler SP is the first SP this year that has said "buy me". I figured we'd only get one SP this quarter, and I think they made the right choice releasing the toddler pack.
  • Options

There will definitely be more content this year .Not just a stuff pack :) Theres no way they would leave us hanging and not make anything for us to buy for the rest of 2017 and there are 6 months left.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited July 2017
    bixters wrote: »
    plopppo2 wrote: »

Knowing EA, probably not until September, since they have a history of waiting until the last minute to put games out.

No they don't. Why do people make stuff up?
    Before TS4 it was every six months like clockwork.

With TS4 they have an entirely new category and have doubled SP production so the wait time between content in this iteration is even shorter. than it used to be.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I'm not much on costumes, but that wagon and treehouse thing look really exciting. I also like the hairstyles. I'm wondering about the treehouse; I didn't think toddlers could get up into one on Sims 3? I wonder if it is for kids and toddlers or if it is some type of slide on the other side? This pack, I'm really intrigued by, but also bummed that we are just getting one so far.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

With TS4 they have an entirely new category and have doubled SP production so the wait time between content in this iteration is even shorter. than it used to be.

I was just guessing since they said "late summer." And summer ends on September 22nd, so it's not an unreasonable conclusion.

And why are they doubling down on Stuff Packs? They by far have the weakest content of the whole game. They started with SP in the TS2, continued making them into TS3, and now they've practically taken over the Sims 4. I'm just tired of them, they have never been good. To me they just show how greedy a company can be. I'm just sick of the them taking away from valuable content from EP and GP to make them.
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Why does the fountain turn into a tree?
    Maybe the tree house has a sprinkler built in and the toddlers can run in and out the water!

I don't know why they did it this way. I don't get it. The bench turns into a cart/wagon. The fountain turns into the tree house thing, the trash bin turns into a costume chest. And the old dead grass turns into the other grass in game that has blooms...I don't get it. Does this mean they are at a park and then everything gets happy when you put these things outside or what?

I think it means the development team knows how we study and analyze every frame of a new announcement.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

Personally, I answer to anything that interests me whether it is from someone with 23,000 responses or a newbie. As far as I'm concerned, all simmers are the same and welcome. If you are a simmer, then this is equally your community just as much as it is anyone else's. I've been offended before and quit for a bit, but the thing to remember is that everything is forgotten in no time and it is on to "What is new, next?" :)

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Uzone27 wrote: »

I was just guessing since they said "late summer." And summer ends on September 22nd, so it's not an unreasonable conclusion.

And why are they doubling down on Stuff Packs? They by far have the weakest content of the whole game. They started with SP in the TS2, continued making them into TS3, and now they've practically taken over the Sims 4. I'm just tired of them, they have never been good. To me they just show how greedy a company can be. I'm just sick of the them taking away from valuable content from EP and GP to make them.

I believe they were meant to replace the store, which was heavily biased toward adult (old enough to have a credit card) Simmers.
    That's my best guess as to why they changed the model.
    No reason to hate on stuff packs. We've always had em and they were twice as expensive and less robust.

People are hesitant to blame the GP for the lack of EP production (probably because they have been pretty darn good)....but clearly that's the reason for diminished EP's.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    This toddler garden SP will probably feature a sand pit and something else, and the focus will be outdoors... hopefully they'll add a toddler pool and new beds and high chair! I'm so happy toddlers are getting new content, and that fox hoodie was the cutest thing ever!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Ever since Lindsay Pearson has rose to the helm of The Sims' development, things have vastly improved.

I would really like to see the direction she takes The Sims, leading the next base game's development.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think a toddler pack is needed. They really could do with more cas items. Maybe the wagon is to take them out in the world instead of the stroller?