Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser: Toddler SP (Late Summer)

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm depressed....

Yeah, not even a hint to anything for 'free' in patch these next three months.

I'd settle for bug fixes -- quite a few that need squashing. A bit hard to tease those in the trailer since that's more "under the hood" stuff.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why does the fountain turn into a tree?
    Maybe the tree house has a sprinkler built in and the toddlers can run in and out the water!

I don't know why they did it this way. I don't get it. The bench turns into a cart/wagon. The fountain turns into the tree house thing, the trash bin turns into a costume chest. And the old dead grass turns into the other grass in game that has blooms...I don't get it. Does this mean they are at a park and then everything gets happy when you put these things outside or what?

What don't you get? Every teaser has been done the exact same way. They start showing a scene with sims surrounded by objects and décor we already have. The objects we have turn into objects we will get in the new pack. Go back and rewatch all of them and you will see the same method in all the teasers for each new pack to be released in that quarter.

There appears to be a costume trunk, but can kids use it too? There appears to be a wagon, can kids or older pull toddlers around in it? (however, it looks like it might be a seat of some kind, after all, it did replace the bench.) As for the tree, I can only guess that it is for indoors where toddlers can store their toys there. New hairs and clothes.

That flower patch we already have.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    imhappy wrote: »
    I really, really, really hope this means they have time to fix the Dine Out (all food is poorly made) and Get to Work Detective career.
    That is a good point. Perhaps the light release schedule will accommodate a healthy round of bug fixes this quarter.

That would be fantastic. I am pretty happy with what I have in the game at the mo'. It is just some of the bugs that are sapping some of the fun for me.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    CorianderBlueCorianderBlue Posts: 16 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > O.K. then let's guess/pick apart what we see. A new toy box? A new interactive tree house play object? A new fountain coming? Why is there a fountain in the video? A new wagon..what's that about? New clothes...not much make sense right now. ETEA: Why is grass in the video, is it a hint?
    >
    > ETA: the fountain and the trash bin become the tree house play object and the toy box...what? The bench turns into a wagon...

...There are going to be new objects for toddlers which players have been demanding in the ideas corner. There is a pretty lengthy thread for toddler requests.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    samemie wrote: »
    So is it too early to speculate on what the main/gameplay item might be? :P

I think one object has to be a stroller. It was one of the most requested items during the twitter poll. Unless they're saving it for a larger pack.

I don't think a stroller will be in this SP. It would be too animation heavy imo. I could be wrong tho.

I don't know... Maybe they could reuse the animation we already have of picking toddlers up from chairs. Then we'd need a walking animation of pushing the stroller. And if multitasking is ignored... Lol. You're right, it's probably too much. There was already an uproar when we found out that bowling had no multitasking.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm depressed....

Yeah, not even a hint to anything for 'free' in patch these next three months.

I'd settle for bug fixes -- quite a few that need squashing. A bit hard to tease those in the trailer since that's more "under the hood" stuff.
    Perhaps a quick and exciting shift to a real-life over-the-shoulder shot of a man typing code. Don Draper himself couldn't make a more compelling ad.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    How utterly disappointing..... ( for those of us who don't play families)

I agree.

Me not being a fan of kids much (in real life or ingame much), we've had kids room stuff, parenthood and now another kids stuff pack.
    I was hoping for something else. (not pets that's still a bit away) but something else *sigh.*
  • Options
    CorianderBlueCorianderBlue Posts: 16 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Cinebar wrote: »
    >
    > plushtrap_107 wrote: »
    >
    > Why does the fountain turn into a tree?
    > Maybe the tree house has a sprinkler built in and the toddlers can run in and out the water!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't know why they did it this way. I don't get it. The bench turns into a cart/wagon. The fountain turns into the tree house thing, the trash bin turns into a costume chest. And the old dead grass turns into the other grass in game that has blooms...I don't get it. Does this mean they are at a park and then everything gets happy when you put these things outside or what?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What don't you get? Every teaser has been done the exact same way. They start showing a scene with sims surrounded by objects and décor we already have. The objects we have turn into objects we will get in the new pack. Go back and rewatch all of them and you will see the same method in all the teasers for each new pack to be released in that quarter.
    >
    > There appears to be a costume trunk, but can kids use it too? There appears to be a wagon, can kids or older pull toddlers around in it? (however, it looks like it might be a seat of some kind, after all, it did replace the bench.) As for the tree, I can only guess that it is for indoors where toddlers can store their toys there. New hairs and clothes.
    >
    > That flower patch we already have.

Thanks. This is a really great pack idea guys. Toddlers were sorely lacking in the toy and fun department and now they wont be. Been needing new stuff for toddlers for the longest. I think this should be no reason to be upset with the game or the developers, they are giving players what we want and have been asking for.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »

I agree.

Me not being a fan of kids much (in real life or ingame much), we've had kids room stuff, parenthood and now another kids stuff pack.
    I was hoping for something else. (not pets that's still a bit away) but something else *sigh.*
    While I do agree, there is also significant upside. If what is whispered regarding Pets in November comes to pass I will have received two of the three things I wanted in 2017 with only Seasons remaining. Furthermore, EA gets to harpoon some whales with this stuff pack and those additional funds ensure that the Seasons pack will be made reality.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I agree.

That's because family play was sorely lacking for years and now they're playing catch up. :) I'm sure that non-family players will start getting more content again. You just have to be patient like we were. Scratch that. We weren't patient at all.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, this looks pretty straightforward to me, more family play content. Looks like they will save the big releases until closer to the end of the year. I agree with those who say that there might be more bug fixes in the interim. It would make sense if they are ultimately planning a big release before the end of the year, such as one that might draw in new players to TS4 like Pets or Seasons.

I do think I will pick up a few more SPs throughout the coming months. I only have a few of those. Hopefully next quarter will be more exciting. I'll carry on with my sims and other things that I enjoy like getting outside and spending time with friends.

I am disappointed by the lack of a vacation GP. This time of year seemed like a good time for one. It's going to be a bit hard for me personally to get away so I was hoping to send my sims on a vicarious vacation. Well, I guess there's always camping. Lol.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I mean, I'm going to buy it because I can use more toddler items. However, this is all getting really annoying. 1 stuff pack in quarter, more than half way through the year and we still have no sign of an expansion.

I'm just feeling so beaten over the head with stuff packs and game packs. I end up buying them because I want the items, but there is never enough meat in those pack types to feel fully satisfying.

I just hope we at least get an expansion in the fall. Maybe that's why there is only a stuff pack in this teaser.
  • Options
    Why does the fountain turn into a tree?
    Maybe the tree house has a sprinkler built in and the toddlers can run in and out the water!

I don't know why they did it this way. I don't get it. The bench turns into a cart/wagon. The fountain turns into the tree house thing, the trash bin turns into a costume chest. And the old dead grass turns into the other grass in game that has blooms...I don't get it. Does this mean they are at a park and then everything gets happy when you put these things outside or what?

With the teasers you usually have a "before/after" view:

https://youtu.be/-GfYviiNeYA

With this teaser you have talking in the park to more of a haunted/mysterious vibe (to symbolize vampires) and people vegging out on the couch to going out bowling. I'd say the "before" in the new teaser is symbolizing that there's really not much to do outdoors for toddlers (and they're complaining about it) to having a lot more activities -- dressing up in costumes (probably builds Imagination), maybe an interactive wagon and playhouse (to build Movement skill).
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member

I agree.

While I do agree, there is also significant upside. If what is whispered regarding Pets in November comes to pass I will have received two of the three things I wanted in 2017 with only Seasons remaining. Furthermore, EA gets to harpoon some whales with this stuff pack and those additional funds ensure that the Seasons pack will be made reality.

I've been reading on simsvip about the pets hints and rumours and one of these comments said "what's so great about pets? You'll get bored in like an hour from watching a dog"

I highly disagree with this. Dogs and cats and maybe any other animals that come with it, I'll be entertained for ages. I'll maybe possibly play it more than this game I am playing right now. Anyway, I was thinking the same thing about seasons. Like the seasons in real life aren't interesting to me, apart from dying of heat and wrapping up in duvets. I struggle to see how seasons will pique interest for longer than 1 cycle of the seasons.

(If this has gone off track I am sorry. It just seemed to be on topic enough and I didn't want to make a new thread.)
  • Options
    Costumes, eh? Some more random outfit changes on the way?

I don't think there will be anything for me here, except, sadly, everyday CAS items. Generally I am not that bothered about stuff packs, but without them I miss out on the odd hairstyle or adult clothing which makes me a little sad. I find the inclusion of non-themed items a little cynical.

I don't think the pack looks bad though, just not for me. I have got enough toddler fun with Parenthood.

Still, I will save enough brass for summat cool in a Steam sale :)

They likely won't be random -- if it's a costume chest gameplay object, it could be similar to the Sims 3 version where you click on the chest and choose your costume -- maybe there'll be a popup like the one used for changing outfits where you get a bunch of costumes pictured and you choose from the one you want.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

I agree.

I've been reading on simsvip about the pets hints and rumours and one of these comments said "what's so great about pets? You'll get bored in like an hour from watching a dog"

I highly disagree with this. Dogs and cats and maybe any other animals that come with it, I'll be entertained for ages. I'll maybe possibly play it more than this game I am playing right now. Anyway, I was thinking the same thing about seasons. Like the seasons in real life aren't interesting to me, apart from dying of heat and wrapping up in duvets. I struggle to see how seasons will pique interest for longer than 1 cycle of the seasons.

(If this has gone off track I am sorry. It just seemed to be on topic enough and I didn't want to make a new thread.)

Then there is folk like me. I am actually not bothered about pets or seasons for pretty much the reasons stated by the poster you quoted and yourself regarding seasons.

My wish is to see some brand new innovative stuff like the clubs mechanic. I'd love, love to see some kind of persistent memory mechanic, for example.

Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    Costumes, eh? Some more random outfit changes on the way?

I don't think there will be anything for me here, except, sadly, everyday CAS items. Generally I am not that bothered about stuff packs, but without them I miss out on the odd hairstyle or adult clothing which makes me a little sad. I find the inclusion of non-themed items a little cynical.

I don't think the pack looks bad though, just not for me. I have got enough toddler fun with Parenthood.

Still, I will save enough brass for summat cool in a Steam sale :)

They likely won't be random -- if it's a costume chest gameplay object, it could be similar to the Sims 3 version where you click on the chest and choose your costume -- maybe there'll be a popup like the one used for changing outfits where you get a bunch of costumes pictured and you choose from the one you want.

Indeed, I was being a bit sarky as I am a bit miffed about the random outfits in the game at the moment :innocent:
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Don't know if this has been said yet but late summer is probably the end of August because;
    Jan-Mar = quarter
    Apr - Jun = quarter
    Jul - Sep = quarter
    Oct - Dec - quarter

but:
    Dec - Feb = winter
    Mar - May = spring
    Jun - Aug = summer
    Sep - Nov = autumn
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Haven't we had enough stuff for kids? :(

Not really for toddlers -- they only got a couple of outfits and no new hairstyles in Parenthood, just for an example. And unless you stick some toys out on the grass there's not much for them to do outdoors. I'm not thinking of replacing one of the 64x64 lots in Windenburg with a large park when this pack comes out; I could have a fenced in toddler zone, with a play area for kids adjacent and a basketball court on the other side of the park.
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been said yet but late summer is probably the end of August because;
    Jan-Mar = quarter
    Apr - Jun = quarter
    Jul - Sep = quarter
    Oct - Dec - quarter

but:
    Dec - Feb = winter
    Mar - May = spring
    Jun - Aug = summer
    Sep - Nov = autumn

Technically it ends on September 22th. :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Jan-Mar = quarter
    Apr - Jun = quarter
    Jul - Sep = quarter
    Oct - Dec - quarter

but:
    Dec - Feb = winter
    Mar - May = spring
    Jun - Aug = summer
    Sep - Nov = autumn

Technically it ends on September 22th. :)

Are we talking astronomical or climatological seasons?
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I hope the costume chest is for everyone and tha you have to have the item to be able to change into costume... that should make a lot less townies wear costumes around town
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I knew they were working on more toddler stuff, I just didn't expect it this quarter. I'm really excited about the new SP, but a bit surprised that's all we're getting in the teaser. I wonder when they're officially announce this year's EP?
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Boy they've really outdone themselves this time.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Cinebar wrote: »
    >
    > plushtrap_107 wrote: »
    >
    > Why does the fountain turn into a tree?
    > Maybe the tree house has a sprinkler built in and the toddlers can run in and out the water!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't know why they did it this way. I don't get it. The bench turns into a cart/wagon. The fountain turns into the tree house thing, the trash bin turns into a costume chest. And the old dead grass turns into the other grass in game that has blooms...I don't get it. Does this mean they are at a park and then everything gets happy when you put these things outside or what?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What don't you get? Every teaser has been done the exact same way. They start showing a scene with sims surrounded by objects and décor we already have. The objects we have turn into objects we will get in the new pack. Go back and rewatch all of them and you will see the same method in all the teasers for each new pack to be released in that quarter.
    >
    > There appears to be a costume trunk, but can kids use it too? There appears to be a wagon, can kids or older pull toddlers around in it? (however, it looks like it might be a seat of some kind, after all, it did replace the bench.) As for the tree, I can only guess that it is for indoors where toddlers can store their toys there. New hairs and clothes.
    >
    > That flower patch we already have.

Thanks. This is a really great pack idea guys. Toddlers were sorely lacking in the toy and fun department and now they wont be. Been needing new stuff for toddlers for the longest. I think this should be no reason to be upset with the game or the developers, they are giving players what we want and have been asking for.

They aren't upset. @cinebar and @plushtrap_107 didn't understand the teaser and @Dannydanbo was helping them to understand. That's all. No beef here :neutral: