Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser: Toddler SP (Late Summer)

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I strongly doubt that mockery is part of the promotional cycle.

It frustrates me a bit. I love we are getting more stuff for toddlers. But this is all for 3 months and on top of that it will be during summer vacation for some people? I feel like we used to get more content before we had quarterly teasers.
    It seems to be more than 'a bit'. Calm down. It's just DLC for a video game. I didn't get anything I was interested in this time around either. It will come in its own time. There's nothing malicious going on.

I didn't say malicious. I am calm, I'm just dissapointed it's so little contents, I'm also ok with the theme. I just think this game in comparison to other sims games is very lacking to afford giving us such little content. I could get a bigger SP just by downloading CAS items for toddlers. I just buy SPs for the game play objects
    I think it is healthy to remember that the developers are people too. They have families and wants and desires. They want to take vacations in the summer too. So Q3 ends up being light. That's life.

??? That has nothing to do with it. A lot of people are people and they work extremely hard. Doctors, lawyers, teachers and many other careers. This is not high school.
    It absolutely may have much to do with it. People take the bulk of their vacation time in the summer. Offices are often staffed more lightly simply because workers are down the shore. It isn't high school, it's the real world.

Maybe in your world. In my world people work hard all year long and don't have the law of minimum effort just because summer is around the corner.
    It isn't just my world, it is your world too. The reality is that people tend to take their 2-week vacations most often during the months of July or August. Businesses call it the summer slump, as productivity is notably lower with a rolling series of absences.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Boy they've really outdone themselves this time.

Yea boiiiiiiiiii
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

It frustrates me a bit. I love we are getting more stuff for toddlers. But this is all for 3 months and on top of that it will be during summer vacation for some people? I feel like we used to get more content before we had quarterly teasers.
    It seems to be more than 'a bit'. Calm down. It's just DLC for a video game. I didn't get anything I was interested in this time around either. It will come in its own time. There's nothing malicious going on.

I didn't say malicious. I am calm, I'm just dissapointed it's so little contents, I'm also ok with the theme. I just think this game in comparison to other sims games is very lacking to afford giving us such little content. I could get a bigger SP just by downloading CAS items for toddlers. I just buy SPs for the game play objects
    I think it is healthy to remember that the developers are people too. They have families and wants and desires. They want to take vacations in the summer too. So Q3 ends up being light. That's life.

??? That has nothing to do with it. A lot of people are people and they work extremely hard. Doctors, lawyers, teachers and many other careers. This is not high school.
    It absolutely may have much to do with it. People take the bulk of their vacation time in the summer. Offices are often staffed more lightly simply because workers are down the shore. It isn't high school, it's the real world.

Maybe in your world. In my world people work hard all year long and don't have the law of minimum effort just because summer is around the corner.
    It isn't just my world, it is your world too. The reality is that people tend to take their 2-week vacations most often during the months of July or August. Businesses call it the summer slump, as productivity is notably lower with a rolling series of absences.

I've lived in several countries and that's not how it works. If anything they work way harder and more hours just so they can leave everything ready before they leave.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    pastelcyberpunkpastelcyberpunk Posts: 16 New Member
    > IceyJ wrote: »
    >
    > samemie wrote: »
    >
    > So is it too early to speculate on what the main/gameplay item might be? :P
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think one object has to be a stroller. It was one of the most requested items during the twitter poll. Unless they're saving it for a larger pack.

Strollers would need a lot of new animation and pathfinding, so i doubt it. i'd guess strollers would be in some sort of family/outdoor activities GP
  • Options

I've lived in several countries and that's not how it works. If anything they work way harder and more hours just so they can leave everything ready before they leave.
    You're moving the goalposts. Of course they get their work done, but they aren't there to handle new work. And that's everywhere. It's normal. So as someone who has had decades of experience I can tell you that this is reality.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    What is the thing with wheels on the left side? And the costume box looks like a bus. Perhaps a hint to a free transportation patch?
  • Options

You're moving the goalposts. Of course they get their work done, but they aren't there to handle new work. And that's everywhere. It's normal. So as someone who has had decades of experience I can tell you that this is reality.

It's not "new work". For example pets have been in the code for several months.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @Orchid13 @OEII1001 let it go. Don't derail the thread already, it's been up for barely a few hours.
  • Options
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    @Orchid13 @OEII1001 let it go. Don't derail the thread already, it's been up for barely a few hours.

Not derailing it? It's about the new quarterly teaser in general.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

I would hope that you would understand the difference between snippets of residual coding found in the base game and a completed piece of DLC. Regardless, I'm not going to sit here and go around with you all day. I understand your point -- the devs are shiftless do-nothings who are mocking you with their teaser. I could not disagree more with that assessment for the reasons stated above.

That's that.
  • Options
    Apologies, my lord. I will show myself out.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    @BabySquare @Petarce123

Previous teasers
    • April 19th
      • Spring -> GP03 Dine Out -> June 7, 2016 (Late Spring)
      • Summer -> SP07 Kids Room Stuff -> June 28, 2016 (Early Summer)
    • July 5th :
      • Coming soon -> SP08 Backyard Stuff -> July 19, 2016 (Summer)
    • October 2nd :
      • Fall -> EP03 City Living -> November 1, 2016 (Fall)
      • Winter -> SP09 Vintage Stuff -> December 6, 2016 (Late Fall because Winter is on Dec. 21st :p)
    • January 6th :
      • Winter -> GP04 Vampires -> January 24, 2017 (Winter)
      • Spring -> SP10 Bowling Stuff -> March 29, 2017 (Early Spring)
    • April 4th :
      • Spring -> GP05 Parenthood -> May 30, 2017 (Spring)
      • Summer -> SP11 Fitness Stuff -> June 20, 2017 (Late Spring because Summer is on June 21st :p)
    • July 5th :
      • Late Summer -> SP12 Toddler Stuff -> ???

Yes, but,
    Depends on how you view the seasons. Technically/scientifically winter begins at the winter solstice, spring at the vernal equinox, summer at the summer solstice and autumn at the autumn equinox, but when the sims team refer to early simmer etc they're referring to (I know this 'cause I've checked it in the past) the meteorological seasons

Meteorological seasons;
    spring - March to May
    summer - June to August
    Autumn - September to November
    Winter - December to January

At the starts of those quarters you hear it all the time in weather forecasts.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options

I would hope that you would understand the difference between snippets of residual coding found in the base game and a completed piece of DLC. Regardless, I'm not going to sit here and go around with you all day. I understand your point -- the devs are shiftless do-nothings who are mocking you with their teaser. I could not disagree more with that assessment for the reasons stated above.

That's that.

If you are expectations are this low I can't even discuss with you.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @SparklePlumley and @Dannydanbo, thanks guys :) I'm excited for the Toddler pack, especially if it does include outdoor toys! I hope the new gameplay item is one of these:

Paddling pool
    Sandpit
    Pushchair
    Rocking horse
    Spring rocker (like in Sims 3)
    Pedal car or trike
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm happy for people that wanted more toddler stuff, but seriously 1 stuff pack in 3 months? At this rate we won't get University or Seasons until after 2020. EA really outdoes itself in terms of pinching every last penny. Honestly, how long do they expect this series to last, 10 years? Most likely no, so this series will inevitably have the least content of the series. It's just depressing. I feel bad for the Maxis, having to deal with EA's absurd "budget concerns" that constrain the series at every turn. Just sad.

*Ends rant*

But it is nice that we will get new toddler stuff, which the games is actually lacking.
  • Options

Was that supposed to be funny? :)
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm happy for people that wanted more toddler stuff, but seriously 1 stuff pack in 3 months? At this rate we won't get University or Seasons until after 2020. EA really outdoes itself in terms of pinching every last penny. Honestly, how long do they expect this series to last, 10 years? Most likely no, so this series will inevitably have the least content of the series. It's just depressing. I feel bad for the Maxis, having to deal with EA's absurd "budget concerns" that constrain the series at every turn. Just sad.

*Ends rant*

But it is nice that we will get new toddler stuff, which the games is actually lacking.

Agreed. And yes to the last statement.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

It was not. I was an acknowledgement of the reality that I am not welcome here. I am not considered part of this community nor a Real Simmer (TM). I merely was content to challenge what I believed to be an erroneous assertion regarding the nature of the developers and quarterly teasers. Having done that, I am happy to withdraw.

I leave you now to 'yea boiiii' to your heart's content, sir.
  • Options

It was not. I was an acknowledgement of the reality that I am not welcome here. I am not considered part of this community nor a Real Simmer (TM). I merely was content to challenge what I believed to be an erroneous assertion regarding the nature of the developers and quarterly teasers. Having done that, I am happy to withdraw.

I leave you now to 'yea boiiii' to your heart's content, sir.

Weren't you leaving?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited July 2017
    the devs are shiftless do-nothings who are mocking you with their teaser.

Oh my god that's so rude! Poor devs, they can't seem to get anything right. :lol:
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

Oh my god that's so rude! Poor devs, they can't seem to get anything right. :lol:

That wasn't his/her opinion, but an interpretation of what they thought another player was saying.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options

That wasn't his/her opinion, but an interpretation of what they thought another player was saying.

Exactly. Cause those weren't my words except for saying that I felt like they were mocking us. That part I admit to. The other discussion started cause of an extremely bad argument about how devs are humans.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Hehe I know, I was just being silly.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I'm glad we're getting more toddler stuff. I'm also happy to see the twists on that toddler. Always happy to see more Afrocentric hairstyle options.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wish they could have shown us just one game play object because as ann of green gables says there no scope for imagination
    more for sim kids and more drama please