Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser: Toddler SP (Late Summer)

Comments

• Options
    MikeAM91MikeAM91 Posts: 165 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Why does the fountain turn into a tree?
    Maybe the tree house has a sprinkler built in and the toddlers can run in and out the water!

I don't know why they did it this way. I don't get it. The bench turns into a cart/wagon. The fountain turns into the tree house thing, the trash bin turns into a costume chest. And the old dead grass turns into the other grass in game that has blooms...I don't get it. Does this mean they are at a park and then everything gets happy when you put these things outside or what?

The boring adult items like the fountain and bench turn into fun toddler items. The toddlers are whining and then become happy when the stuff transforms. Not the best teaser, but I think that's what they were trying to do.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm depressed....

Yeah, not even a hint to anything for 'free' in patch these next three months.

EA: We just gave you 3 lights for free. One for each month.

One was enough.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I'm so happy to see a toddler stuff pack. We really need some new stuff for them. So, I'm excited about that. Though, I will admit, I was really sad because I've been waiting for this announcement and to see that we're only getting one stuff pack. Which, I get it I guess, we did just get a game pack and I wasn't expecting another one anytime soon, but. :( What can I say? I like new stuff. D;

It's okay, though. They don't have to announce Expansion Packs in the quarterly teaser, though I wasn't expecting an expansion pack until the end of the year... : ( Though I really dislike that we're getting one a year and they feel...... empty to me. :/

I think I get excited about game packs more than I do expansion packs. :( I hate that.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Costumes, eh? Some more random outfit changes on the way?

I don't think there will be anything for me here, except, sadly, everyday CAS items. Generally I am not that bothered about stuff packs, but without them I miss out on the odd hairstyle or adult clothing which makes me a little sad. I find the inclusion of non-themed items a little cynical.

I don't think the pack looks bad though, just not for me. I have got enough toddler fun with Parenthood.

Still, I will save enough brass for summat cool in a Steam sale :)

Honestly it's really refreshing that you can say this pack doesn't interest you without complaining about how awful the pack/this quarter/EA/TS4 is, so thank you for that.
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    ah, the already most-interesting life stage in the game receives more content. lovely.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited July 2017
    I spy with my lil eye, I see what looks like a cut off of a wagon.

Aye if we can pull them around in it I'll be lit.

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    That's disappointing. I did anticipate that there would be a Q3 content shortage as compared to the other fiscal quarters, but yet more toddler stuff was not something I had in mind. Pity.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I really, really, really hope this means they have time to fix the Dine Out (all food is poorly made) and Get to Work Detective career.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm so happy to see a toddler stuff pack. We really need some new stuff for them. So, I'm excited about that. Though, I will admit, I was really sad because I've been waiting for this announcement and to see that we're only getting one stuff pack. Which, I get it I guess, we did just get a game pack and I wasn't expecting another one anytime soon, but. :( What can I say? I like new stuff. D;

It's okay, though. They don't have to announce Expansion Packs in the quarterly teaser, though I wasn't expecting an expansion pack until the end of the year... : ( Though I really dislike that we're getting one a year and they feel...... empty to me. :/

I think I get excited about game packs more than I do expansion packs. :( I hate that.

Well, technically, this doesn't even have to be released before Oct. so, it's a very long dry spell for those wanting EPs and GPs and not really thrilled with random stuff packs. But toddlers sure do need more clothes and hairstyles and more stuff to do, not sure this pack will give them more 'to do', though.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I really, really, really hope this means they have time to fix the Dine Out (all food is poorly made) and Get to Work Detective career.
    That is a good point. Perhaps the light release schedule will accommodate a healthy round of bug fixes this quarter.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I'm excited for this one! It looks great! :D
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Haven't we had enough stuff for kids? :(
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2017
    samemie wrote: »
    So is it too early to speculate on what the main/gameplay item might be? :P

I think one object has to be a stroller. It was one of the most requested items during the twitter poll. Unless they're saving it for a larger pack.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    How utterly disappointing..... ( for those of us who don't play families)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    One SP is pretty much what I expected and it's a toddler one so that's perfect !

Agree -- I was thinking December for the toddler SP (since we usually get one for last minute holiday shoppers or those who get holiday money from parents/relatives) but late summer (maybe end of August?) is great. We only got 1 SP last summer IIRC; that gives developers a chance to put the finishing touches on the fall EP and maybe squish some of the more annoying bugs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2017
    Black girl and middle boy have the same hair in the Before and After scenes, whereas the redhead girl has BG hair before and new hair after. (Fox-kid's hair is hidden in After scene but looks BG in Before scene)

This could mean that the middle 2 hairs are going to be patched to BG before the pack comes out...
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh yay. Since they released a boatload of packs before toddlers, I'd like to think of this SP as catching up with all those missed years of toddler content.

I guess they're really milking the toddlers now that they're here. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Why does the fountain turn into a tree?
    Maybe the tree house has a sprinkler built in and the toddlers can run in and out the water!

I don't know why they did it this way. I don't get it. The bench turns into a cart/wagon. The fountain turns into the tree house thing, the trash bin turns into a costume chest. And the old dead grass turns into the other grass in game that has blooms...I don't get it. Does this mean they are at a park and then everything gets happy when you put these things outside or what?

It probably means nothing and was just a creative decision, but what if it means toddlers can "pretend" or play make believe? And when they do, ordinary objects turn into something else? I'm sure that's too much to ask for in a stuff pack, though.

More likely, they're just showing us all the boring stuff we already have in the game and how much better it will be when we get the stuff pack.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    samemie wrote: »
    So is it too early to speculate on what the main/gameplay item might be? :P

I think one object has to be a stroller. It was one of the most requested items during the twitter poll. Unless they're saving it for a larger pack.

I don't think a stroller will be in this SP. It would be too animation heavy imo. I could be wrong tho.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Umm... ok I appreciate the new toddler stuff. But in 3 months we are just getting one SP? Better be one heck a of a SP.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2017
    O.K. then let's guess/pick apart what we see. A new toy box? A new interactive tree house play object? A new fountain coming? Why is there a fountain in the video? A new wagon..what's that about? New clothes...not much make sense right now. ETEA: Why is grass in the video, is it a hint?

ETA: the fountain and the trash bin become the tree house play object and the toy box...what? The bench turns into a wagon...

Maybe it's a fountain that toddlers can play and splash in, like the fountain from Romantic Garden that everyone else can play in. (Never mind, I see it's an existing fountain -- I think it's just symbolizing that there's not much for toddlers to do outside yet.) I think that chest the fairy is looking in might be a costume chest -- we got a toy box in the Toddler patch and add that to all the other ones we have I don't think there's really much need for another one. And that tree looking thing could be a playhouse -- definitely indicates more outdoor play because the playhouse looks too big to put inside. (I might use that to build a toddler play area at the park in Willow Creek; fence it off with the white picket fence/gate, put in the playhouse and some toys in the "sand".)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

Well, technically, this doesn't even have to be released before Oct. so, it's a very long dry spell for those wanting EPs and GPs and not really thrilled with random stuff packs. But toddlers sure do need more clothes and hairstyles and more stuff to do, not sure this pack will give them more 'to do', though.

Are you referring to the toddler stuff pack release? It has to be released before September 22nd. My guess is the announcement will be on Sept. 5th or 12th, since they were careful to clarify "late" summer.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Summer started near the end of June. Late summer is around mid-September, right before the end of the quarter.

I'm guessing a Summer Challenge and a bigger sized patch between now and then.
  • Options
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    Haven't we had enough stuff for kids? :(

Doesn't look like anything is coming for kids in this pack. ;)
  • Options
    SugarshotzSugarshotz Posts: 35 Member
    YAAS i`m sooooo happy