April 7 - New The Sims 4 game update available for all platforms - Check out the patch notes here.

Round Robin Build Exchange

Comments

  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,306 Member
    @ADWilson Gorgeous!

    Thank YOU :smiley:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,298 Member
    edited March 2017
    ADWilson wrote: »
    There are three 20x20 lots next to one another on this street so you might want to consider moving the house closer to the intersection.
    :smiley:

    Great idea!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,212 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    The burglar finished freaking out over the alarm and got in their car as Officer Amanda Lund casually strolled up.
    I hadn't realized that the burglar alarm OUTSIDE the house would work properly! What a great idea! I may do that with Ciane's build, and use MOO to hide it under something.
    ciane wrote: »
    I will NEVER understand the bus stops and carpool spots either! I played a lot in Dragon Valley and they might have to go further to catch the bus or carpool than to just walk to school to work!
    In DV, going to school without the schoolbus is always further, because they put the school so far away! I always have to remember when I first load a new DV game, to move the school closer to the homes. (There's a 64x64 lot close to the center of town that's good for it.) I really love the DV school because it's so beautiful, but they put it so far out of the way that for my own kids to get there in a reasonable time I have to use the GoHere teleport option, and I'm always getting SP notifications that all the town kids are skipping school. I'm guessing that DV wasn't as thoroughly tested as it should have been.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,298 Member
    edited March 2017
    In DV, going to school without the schoolbus is always further, because they put the school so far away! I always have to remember when I first load a new DV game, to move the school closer to the homes. (There's a 64x64 lot close to the center of town that's good for it.) I really love the DV school because it's so beautiful, but they put it so far out of the way that for my own kids to get there in a reasonable time I have to use the GoHere teleport option, and I'm always getting SP notifications that all the town kids are skipping school. I'm guessing that DV wasn't as thoroughly tested as it should have been.

    I do that too! I wonder how many other people have done that?! I also move the military lot in LP up closer. It's still on "the other side of the tracks" but at least it's not all the way down on the end.


    And, I usually stick the burglar alarm next the hot tub pretending it's the settings. (Not that that would work with your build!)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,212 Member
    @creativemetaphor: I am going to upload my build for you today. :)

    And for everyone (@creativemetaphor, @hannahc1023, @Kgaff):

    Don't forget that today is the start of uploads day! :) Your build should be complete, and at this point you should just be preparing your presentation, if you haven't already done so. Once you have completed your preparation for your presentation, you should upload and include the download link in your presentation.

    Good luck, and have fun! :)

    @ADWilson and @Ciane:

    Thank you for already completing yours! :)

    Ciane, could you include a link to your presentation pages on your announcement post? I think you have several of them, and that puts the links to them all in one place. (And makes it so I only need to make one link on the front page - to your post! :) )
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,298 Member
    I'm pretty sure kgaff uploaded hers earlier.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,306 Member
    @ciane, Your country home is more than merely okay! The red wood looks fabulous paired with the cream colored bricks. The lightly hilly landscape is a nice touch and it's easy to imagine a horse or two galloping around. The small garden nestled under the deck is a good use of the space. The basement workshop is spacious and offers plenty of fun activities for inclement weather. <3 the kitchen ~ dining ~ living space!!! The upstairs is great too! Really nice layout for sims, horses & dogs. :)

    Favorite: Kitchen!
    Most double-looks: The red and cream combination, so striking!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,212 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    I do that too! I wonder how many other people have done that?! I also move the military lot in LP up closer. It's still on "the other side of the tracks" but at least it's not all the way down on the end.

    And, I usually stick the burglar alarm next the hot tub pretending it's the settings. (Not that that would work with your build!)
    I only played LP once, so didn't realize it was so far away. I love that world, so I'll take a note of that.

    And that's a GREAT way to camouflage the alarm! I often hide it behind a statue or painting, just inside the house. I'm thinking of just hiding it under a wall lamp on the front porch for this one. :)

    It's rather strange that burglars always enter through the front door, and never come through the windows, isn't it? And the FRONT door seems extra strange; you'd think a neighbor would see it and call the police! Why not the back door instead? I think irl that more burglars come through windows than doors, although of course I could be wrong.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,212 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure kgaff uploaded hers earlier.

    Did she? My mind is a sieve; I'd better go check some of the previous pages. :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,298 Member
    Thanks, Addy.

    Also, I know kgaff uploaded both lots because I rec'd them on my page; but I only see the post here for the Budget Buster, so maybe she was waiting to post here today.

    The graphics for getting through windows would be too challenging with possible foundations to scale and things on the other side of the window; but yeah, a back door would make it more plausible!

    I'll get the links to pics added to my post as soon as I track down those pages.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,613 Member

    @ADWilson You probably noticed that I accidentally uploaded the Dock House last week. I meant to only upload the Budget Buster but I am easily sidetracked and did them both.

    Any ways, if you haven't seen it it can be found here http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9065879

    Since this is a starter there aren't many new pictures to share so I think we can do a walk through right here

    Starting at the dock

    Dockside%20House%2001_zpsddmqydj8.jpg
    First level birds eye view
    Dockside%20House%2002_zpsla8ze8oq.jpg

    Second level birds eye view
    Dockside%20House%2003_zpsj0lyzgos.jpg

    All lit up at night time
    Dockside%20House%2004_zpsfmdkojgu.jpg

    From a different angle
    Dockside%20House%2005_zps1uezemh1.jpg

    Let's wander inside now
    Living room

    Dockside%20House%2006_zpsfmpqhcyk.jpg

    Dockside%20House%2007_zps59v3avtw.jpg

    Kitchen and dining

    Dockside%20House%2008_zpsyn6x7uv6.jpg

    Bedroom

    Dockside%20House%2009%201_zpscwhngq5k.jpg
    Dockside%20House%2009%202_zps5zojf2pv.jpg
    Dockside%20House%2009%203_zpserhacks2.jpg

    Let's climb that little ladder and see what's topside

    Upper Deck
    Dockside%20House%2010_zpsyose1xiy.jpg
    Dockside%20House%2011%201_zpsypkldt2j.jpg
    Dockside%20House%2011%202_zpsooyexrva.jpg

    Okay, last but not least the deck

    Who could resist painting with a view like this
    Dockside%20House%2012_zps2bco1laj.jpg

    The herb garden filled with Greenleaf, Wonderpetal, Lavendar, Ginseng, Cinnamon, Peppermint, Sweet grass and Basil. ( I thought since you wanted to play a surgeon, they could use all herbs that make them smart and feel good)
    Dockside%20House%2013_zpsdhwpd267.jpg

    After a hard day, have a cup of tea on the upper deck and enjoy the view or sunset
    Dockside%20House%2014_zpspmqpq5ot.jpg

    Or, have a bbq on the front deck!
    Dockside%20House%2015_zpsbbnubtlu.jpg


    So there you have it! A compact starter for a single sim or a couple.
    The oven is fireproof and the toilet is self-cleaning, the rest is up to you :)

  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited March 2017
    @ciane don't worry about the foal. As cute as he is and all, if you can't make it work, I'll try to duplicate him. Or maybe as you say he will show up on his own.

    The house looks great! I like the angled tv and oh all the new stuff in the basement! Nectar from the garden and it's a good thing there's a tub in the basement, don't want lug dirty dogs through the house!

    I'm glad we went with the red exterior, it all goes together so well. Thanks so much for making this for me. Now, I must get in a game and find a horse!!! :)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,306 Member
    Hiding the alarm behind a statue or painting or having it serve as the system panel for the hot tub are ingenious ways for placement. I will definitely have to keep these in mind :smiley:
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,532 Member
    @MiaSkywalker Not yet finished with @hannahc1023 's build, but still working away. My Sims has been exceptionally uncooperative today, crashing 3 times on me already and taking several hours of work - since one time it crashed it was while I was saving :cry:

    However, even with the loss of the actual work, I'm still ahead in knowing what I want to go where and what color so the decision process is sped up considerably.

    I will be squeaking through this round by using this week to finish!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,298 Member
    edited March 2017
    Woot! I found the page I had made and apparently hadn't linked here. It's in my previous post now. And, I'll add it here too: https://iamciane.wordpress.com/builds/kgaff-country/kgaff

    @kgaff - It's such a great starter! I love the layout and all the extra room available in back, in the loft, out front, on the patio! Awesome. All the sketches really add to it. And those greenhouse windows are so amazing when it comes to keeping prices down, yet they have a great look to them as well. I love that you can recolor the inside of the panes as well as the inside differently. Those $10 wall lights are perfect too! I love the pattern you put on the picnic table. And, an herb garden for a doctor! Great idea. Those views in Lucky Palms should be made into paintings. I agree! Great job!

    Sorry about your game crashing Creative Metaphor.
    Post edited by ciane on
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,306 Member
    Thank YOU for sharing the Budget Buster with us, @Kgaff :smiley:
    It's a terrific home for a more affluent sim! <3 the wood mixed with the blue-gray wood. The backyard is perfect for entertaining friends, a special sim or relaxing by the poolside. Or... you could play with the dog which is definitely another fun way to relax! The master bed and bath are marvelous!!!

    Oooh... I <3 the Dock House!!!
    The container garden is a perfect size for a single sim who wishes to eat healthy meals, but not spend hours weeding and watering. Oh, wait... it contains herbs. A boost that will be fun to experiment with <= something I really haven't tried but think is a clever idea & wishes I'd thought of it before! What a beautiful blue in the bedroom... it's sure to bring peaceful slumber. Oh! Is that a painting of the consignment store? The upstairs office is quite nice and made me realize that I'll want my doctor sim to go to UNI before pursuing a career <= something I rarely bother doing, but it makes sense for a doctor sim to have the extra training. Tea. Lovely!!! Speaking of lovely... the wood decking and detail on the picnic table is terrific.

    Off to make a doctor sim.

    **whispers**
    I have Mr Were and he could definitely use a little bit of help (okay a lot!) on the were end, @MiaSkywalker because I tried and failed miserably at fixing that form. Will send him via email.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,613 Member
    @ADWilson and @ciane Thanks for the kind words.

    I was so happy to learn that the sketches and drawings and paintings transfer with the house when uploading. I now know an inexpensive way to get art into a small home for *cheap* !! Some of the sketches are only 5-11 simoleans each. Even when they get skilled up you can get good art for less than anything already in the game.

    I love that book! I need a copy because I think my turn is coming up to give CFE a try :#
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,212 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @ADWilson You probably noticed that I accidentally uploaded the Dock House last week. I meant to only upload the Budget Buster but I am easily sidetracked and did them both.

    Any ways, if you haven't seen it it can be found here http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9065879
    Ok, I'm trying to remember. Is this the one for ADWilson? Or is the one for CM? I was thinking the BB was for this time, but maybe that was your build from last time?

    If the BB is for this time, your Dock House is for CM instead? My head is whirling trying to keep up with this. :lol:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,298 Member
    Budget Buster is the Dock House on steriods, er minus money constraints. They are both for Addy! Two builds, but not for the price of one. ;)
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,532 Member
    @kgaff outstanding! What a clever ideal to make a house boat! <3
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,212 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    **whispers**
    I have Mr Were and he could definitely use a little bit of help (okay a lot!) on the were end, @MiaSkywalker because I tried and failed miserably at fixing that form. Will send him via email.
    Not a problem! Like I said, it's a bit time consuming, and you have to be VERY precise and look at every detail of every part of the face, but it's doable! It can't be 100% exact (the sliders just don't allow that much precision - at least, I suppose how mine are set), but you can make it so close you can hardly tell the difference.

    Just let me know if there's anything specific you'd want me to leave in the werewolf form. For instance, you might want the ears kept, at least partially. You might want the were form more muscular as well. And do you want all the fur kept? I usually leave most, if not all, of that on the were form. (Except on the women. I will leave a LITTLE on them, but not all over like the game does it.)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited March 2017
    ciane wrote: »
    Budget Buster is the Dock House on steriods, er minus money constraints. They are both for Addy! Two builds, but not for the price of one. ;)
    Ohhh! Ok, we're not really supposed to do that. :) While I wouldn't mind doing multiple builds (remember how many I tend to make in the exchanges?) Addy was afraid of it becoming like a competition, so we decided to keep it to one per round.

    @Kgaff: Did you ever do a picture post for the Budget Buster? If not, I'll use the Dock House as your build for the round, since you've done a nice picture post for that one. :)

    ETA: Ok, you know what? I think I'm going to add a little section in the post after my last reserved post, for "extra" builds we've made along the way. It will include things like the Budget Buster and the little update I made on the DV community garden. If anyone else would like me to add extras that they do, I would be happy to. :)

    Because, you know, sometimes building gets in your head and you just can't stop! :lol:
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,212 Member
    @MiaSkywalker Not yet finished with @hannahc1023 's build, but still working away. My Sims has been exceptionally uncooperative today, crashing 3 times on me already and taking several hours of work - since one time it crashed it was while I was saving :cry:

    However, even with the loss of the actual work, I'm still ahead in knowing what I want to go where and what color so the decision process is sped up considerably.

    I will be squeaking through this round by using this week to finish!
    Wow, that bites! Losing that much work is VERY frustrating!

    Do you have Nraas Saver? If not, I recommend it. Set it to automatically save every 30 minutes and even save when you're in build/buy, and you won't lose as much that way. You can set it to rotate a number of saves. The default is 4, but you can set it higher. If you prefer overwriting old saves, I definitely recommend setting a higher number like 10, just in case the save itself actually corrupts a file. (Error 12, anyone?)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,212 Member
    Ok, I've uploaded the Dragon Valley Freedom Books medieval revamp for @Creativemetaphor.

    My picture post (if you want to check it again) can be found here.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited March 2017
    @MiaSkywalker Budget Buster is really a bonus for everyone who wants it because I started out trying to make Addy a starter house but blew through the budget before I even got the second floor built. Both Addy and Ciane requested that I finish it and upload it so I just made a post that I had in fact done that. :)

    The Dock House is my actual entry for this round because that is what Addy requested in her letter. :)

Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top