Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Please sticky this thread. B)
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited January 2017
    Daily Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors:
    • @Yushika , who is writing the The Curse Legacy for Sims 4!
    • @EnkiSchmidt , who is writing Released, But Also Free?, a Kidnapper Challenge for Sims 4, and has completed Pleasantview: Nuclear Winter at "Elftown/Sim Franciso" for Sims 2!

Please be sure to stop by and check them out!

New Stories:

@IchigoUsagi has started a new story, Where Light Doesn't Reach, a Vampire Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Recovering Stories"!

@VIRTUALEE has started a new vampire role-playing Let's Play for Sims 4, Born Anew! You can check it out from the index listing under "VirtuaLee's YouTube Channel"!

Returning Stories:

@Lynnwood 's Operation: Pollinate Newcrest for Sims 4 has returned! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the Simcraft81, a collective of Sims 3 short stories by @Simcraft81, which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Other News and Reminders:

Our sister index, the Stories and Legacies Archive, has received a massive link cleanup and overhaul, so make sure to check it out!

Some changes will be coming to the Stories and Legacies Index. I have removed the Monthly Shoutouts because for several months now they just have not been receiving any shoutouts for me to actually place into that section; it has long remained dormant and probably should've been removed long ago. I have also discontinued my Reading Roundup: A Sims Stories Sampling sister thread, because it was a far too time-demanding project for me; the thread is still available so that the past editions I wrote will remain archived and available.

The Index will instead be receiving a Community Links section, featuring vital Simlit resource threads from around the forum (you can think of this as the reference section of this virtual library!) and a Completed Stories section in the near future. Right now completed story information is available (you can do a Ctrl+F to bring up a search bar on your browser and search "completed") but this will be a featured section grouping all that data together.

Both of these new sections are currently under construction; I'll let you know when they are ready and available!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    I'm glad you decided to do a little pruning without discontinuing the index entirely, @mastressalita. I hope this helps you strike a good balance. Thank you for maintaining this fantastic resource (and anyone reading this who has a new story should absolutely submit it to the related thread, don't be shy like me!).
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors:
    • @LunaNova , who is writing Drifting Moon, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! Currently House One was just completed!
    • @TheRoseHorse , who is writing the Foster Challenge for Sims 4 at "Sims 4 Challenge Blog"!

Please be sure to check them out!

New Stories:

@AllieMac has started a new story, The Pen Pal Project! You can check it out from the index listing under "The Drifter Challenge by Allie Mac"! This story is part of the Pen Pal Project; you can read more about it here!

@Meggles has started a new story, 8 Toddlers, a Toddler Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Meggsims"!

@Simsophonique has started a new story, Miss V Detective: B-sides! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Letters to My Younger Self, a Sims 2/Sims 4 crossover story about trying to change the past by @Pegasus143, which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "MAKPLAYS"!

I finally got updated stats for the Stories and Legacies Index! Currently we have:

280 stories listed in the Stories and Legacies Index thread.

227 stories registered with the Stories and Legacies Index, but currently listed in the Stories and Legacies Archive thread (the stories are currently on hiatus).

The breakdown of game-content featured on the stories/Let's Plays currently listed in the Stories and Legacies Index is:

The Sims: 2
    Sims 2: 18
    Sims 3: 143
    Sims 4: 164
    Sims Medieval: 1
    Sims Freeplay: 1

And the breakdown of hosts used by the sites currently in the Stories and Legacies Index are:

WordPress: 140
    Blogger: 59
    EA Forum: 22
    Tumblr: 17
    YouTube: 19
    Weebly: 8
    Other: 15 (note that those that have registered a private domain-name for Wordpress or any other host are counted as "Other")

Just if anyone besides me is ever curious about such things.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Please sticky this thread! So much effort goes into it and it's such a wonderful resource for the community!!

@mastressalita I meant to say thanks for sharing the stats as well on the other forum. I love seeing those. I just find it really interesting. Thanks once again for all of your hard work!!
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Take a moment to sticky this thread when you get the chance please. Its worthy.
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @SimGuruDrake - Please take a moment to sticky this thread, as it's such a valuable resource for the community.

@mastressalita - Thank you so much for all you do for us. Your hard work and dedication is deeply appreciated by so many Simmers. As I said on the other thread, you are a miracle worker. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    I'm doubtful that the Gateway would ever get Stickied (really, this is just here to try to get people in the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies to realize that the Stories and Legacies Index exists since it is in the other Stories and Legacies forum... yaaaaaaaaaaaay, segregation! Sheldon Cooper, can you tell my sarcasm?) but I have sent a formal letter to @SimGuruDrake trying to get the Stories and Legacies Index Stickied over in Stories and Legacies. All of your support is appreciated and just helps me make my case.

No matter what, I will continue cross-posting my Newsfeeds onto this Gateway thread daily to give this thread it's "daily bump"; if you just want the news, I'd recommend subscribing/bookmarking/clicking the little gold star on this thread rather than the other one, since only the Newsfeeds get posted over here and not submission forms. ^_~
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Hi! I'm joining in the requests to have this thread and the Stories and Legacies Index stickied! :) They're such valuable resources!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

Random Shoutouts:

Check out simsimseree, a collection of short Sims 4 stories by @luimistelija which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Thank you everyone for all the support you have shown on the Stories and Legacies Index thread about getting the thread Stickied. Your support means the world!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Hi! I also think it would be great if this thread was stickied.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Please stickie this thread! It really is such an amazing resource! :smile:
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @SimGuruDrake please stickie this!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

New Stories:

@IllusoryThrall has started a new story, The Travelers: Drifter 2, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "IllusoryThrall's Sims 3 and 4 Blog"!

@RoryPlaysTheSims has started a new Let's Play, The Master Vampire Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "Rory Plays the Sims"!

@supernatural103 has started a new story for Sims 4, Isaacs-Goths, a spin-off of the recently-completed Isaacs Sisters! You can check it out in the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Lost Legacy, legacy story for Sims 3 currently in its seventh generation by @kittycatcali which updated today with four new chapters! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Sunshine Blogger Award!

The following Stories and Legacies Index authors have received nominations for this award:

You can find all these works listed in the index, so please go give them a look!

The Stories and Legacies Index has two new sections now available!

The Community Links section offers essential links for the Simlit enthusiast around the forum. If you know of other useful resource threads for Simlit readers and writers that you think would be an asset to this section, feel free to recommend them to be placed in this section.

The Completed Stories section lists all completed stories from the Stories and Legacies Index and Stories and Legacies Archive into one location. Since there are so many (this is a good thing!) the list is broken up onto three posts:

Completed Stories: Sims 2 and Sims 3
    Completed Stories: Sims 4
    Completed Stories: Short Stories and Collaborations

Enjoy!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options

Returning Stories:

@cully_c 's To Be a Sim-Illionaire, a Rosebud Challenge story for Sims 4, has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Hunter Legacy, a legacy story for Sims 3 currently in its third generation by @fibijean which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @thejennifer , who is writing Latoya and Brielle for Sims 4! Be sure to check it out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@MDianaSanders has started a new supernatural Simblr story, Moonlight Serenade, for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Eternal Sunshine"!

@ninaumi has started a new story, Wacky Lyles, an "Officially" Wacky Boolprop Challenge for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "Tales of My Sims"!

@xoxJennxox has started a new story, Wants a Plenty, a Five Want Challenge for Sims 2! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sims 2, 3, and 4 Challenges"!

Returning Stories:

@GaiaHypothesis 's dystopian Simblr story for Sims 3, Island End II, has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing under "Look What We Started[/i]!

@IllusoryThrall 's Drifter Challenge is back from hiatus and begins house six! You can check it out from the index listing under "IllusoryThrall's Sims 3 and 4 Blog"!

@LiLSapphire has recently re-opened her site at a new URL after recently being hacked and having all her content deleted! Please make sure to update your bookmarks/follows to the new URL! Story restoration will be coming in the new future!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The de Barra Legacy, a legacy story for Sims 4 currently in its fifth generation by @Sonschi which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Sonschi and the Sims"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
    • @pandabear1836 , who is writing The Wilde Legacy, a legacy challenge story for Sims 3!
    • @DanaKScullyFBl , who is writing The Mulder Legacy, an X-Files-based legacy story for Sims 4 at "Scully's Stories"!

Be sure to check them out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@TheoriesOfHappiness has started two new stories, O Death and Burn After Writing, for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "Cornucopia of Simlit"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Springs, a Simblr Rebuilding Worlds legacy story for Sims 4 by @OJenn which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Simthology Simblr"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
    • @belpita , who is writing Life of Lisa, a Sims 4 story following the life of a girl growing up in a home with a mother who has a mental disorder, and Gardening at Night, a Sims 4 vampire story! They've also completed Legal Alien: Minah's Story for Sims 4!
    • @blakrayvon , who is writing The Feuding, Dueling Dualegacy, a Sims 4 legacy story featuring two founders, sisters with a bit of a sibling rivalry!
    • @bookloverblue , who is writing The Miskin Legacy: From Misery to Merit?, a Sims 4 legacy currently in its third generation, and Millwood Moments, a Sims 2 neighborhood rotation! They've also completed Michael Lee Harker, Intergalactic Sim of Mystery, a Sims 4 mystery about a detective that not only needs to solve crimes, but the mystery of his own origins!
    • @Haids5987 , who is writing Tribe Reina: An Amazon Legacy, an Amazon Challenge story for Sims 4 at "Emerald City Taurus: The Amazon Challenge"!
    • @mojot89 , who is writing A Swift Drift: A Drifter Challenge, Operation Repopulation: A 100 Baby Challenge, A Wilde ISBI Alphabecty, and The Glassbolt Archives: An Apocalypse Challenge for Sims 4!
    • @orangeplumbob , who is writing Second Chances, a mature story-driven legacy for Sims 4!

You can now find all of these amazing stories in the index listing, so please go check them out!

New Stories:

@Tigerblu11 has started the third season of Sims 3 interactive reality gameshow High Hopes, The Circus! You can check it out from the index listing!

@Marialein has started a new story, Sucker for Pain for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing!

Returning Stories:

@Cyazurai 's In the Shade: A Rainbow Random Legacy Challenge for Sims 3 has returned from hiatus! Check it out in the index listing!

@Simsophonique 's Miss V: Detective returns! You can find it in the index listing under "Simsophonique and The Sims"!

@WolfLady74 's 50 Foals Challenge: Jason and Salsa Dancer for Sims 3 has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the I'm a Lover Challenge Let's Play series for Sims 4 by @RoryPlaysTheSims which is currently in its third generation and updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Rory Plays the Sims"!

Milestones:

Congrats @felblossom for completing generation six of The Ivey Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "felblossom"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @SimGuruDrake: Our whole sims (from the sims original to the sims 4 all included) community is nothing without storytellers and we are nothing without this amazing post made by @mastressalita , she always does a beyond wonderful work in collecting and promoting all the stories she and we all write. She's one of the most cheeerful member of the community and this thread is much more deserved to be sticky. Please do it for thanking her for being there for all of us as a reward.

Sorry my english is horrible.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @friendsfan367 , who is writing The Benders, a legacy story for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "friendsfan36"!

New Stories:

@cshaner has started a new story, Blood that Binds, a Coven Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "Simfluence"!

@eXokamikaze has started a new story, 8 Toddlers, a Toddler Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "ninjapigsims"!

Completed Stories:

Congrats @Simslover163 for completing Season 1 of Madness in San Myshuno! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Ashes to Ashes, a story-driven Sims 4 legacy by @CitizenErased14 which is currently in its fifth generation and updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Congratulations @pronterus for reaching the one year anniversary of Undead With Benefits, a vampire story for Sims 4 that predates the recent expansion pack! You can check out the anniversary fun here!

Congratulations @RosemaryMariee for completing generation two of Noble Doubt, a Sims 3 diary-style legacy story! You can check it out from the index listing, and get a sneak-peak of generation three here!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @friendsfan367 , who is writing The Benders, a legacy story for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "friendsfan36"!

New Stories:

@cshaner has started a new story, Blood that Binds, a Coven Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "Simfluence"!

@eXokamikaze has started a new story, 8 Toddlers, a Toddler Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "ninjapigsims"!

Completed Stories:

Congrats @Simslover163 for completing Season 1 of Madness in San Myshuno! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Ashes to Ashes, a story-driven Sims 4 legacy by @CitizenErased14 which is currently in its fifth generation and updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Congratulations @pronterus for reaching the one year anniversary of Undead With Benefits, a vampire story for Sims 4 that predates the recent expansion pack! You can check out the anniversary fun here!

Congratulations @RosemaryMariee for completing generation two of Noble Doubt, a Sims 3 diary-style legacy story! You can check it out from the index listing, and get a sneak-peak of generation three here!

thank you mast for the shoutout. i'm happy i finally got brave enough to sign up.
  • Options
    RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    @mastressalita I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you do keeping track of these things. I really appreciate it. :)

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

• Options

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @BabyDollOrigin , who has several Sims 4 Let's Play series, including Get Together, A Charmed Life, and the Aloha Legacy Challenge! You can check them out in the index listing under "Simmer Limmer"!

New Stories:

@bookloverblue has started a new story, Dr. Marlow's Home for the Sanity-Challenged, a Victorian-themed Asylum Challenge for Sims 4!

Completed Stories:

Congrats @Weathie for completing Season 2 of her 100 Baby Challenge Let's Play series! You can check it out in the index listing under "Saffize's YouTube Channel"!

Returning Stories:

@AdamsEve1231 's La Vita Bella has returned! You can check it out from the index listing under "The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright"!

@kethrydrake 's Don't Let It Be Forgot has returned from hiatus! This fairy-tale-esque legacy for Sims 3 is currently in its fifteenth generation! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Ramblers: A Drifter Sequel, a Drifter Challenge story for Sims 4 by @AllieMac which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "The Drifter Challenge by Allie Mac"!

Milestones:

Congrats @anaitapeva for completing generation nine of the Floyd Random Challenge, a Random Legacy Challenge Simblr story for Sims 4! Only one more generation to go! You can find it in the index listing under "Sig's Simblr"!

Congrats @Rainydayz179 for completing house four in Drifter II, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Rainy Dayz Gamez"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    BabyDollOriginBabyDollOrigin Posts: 71 Member

Thank you for the warm welcome!
  • Options

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @pepper090889 , who has several Sims 4 Let's Play series, including Hargrove Legacy, Life of Gray, Galaxy Switch, and the completed Thirteen Ghosts Challenge ! You can check them out in the index listing under "Artsie-Simmer"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Chrysanthemum Tango, a story "about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady" for Sims 3 by @RipuAncestor which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top