Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 VINTAGE GLAMOUR STUFF

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Awesome, can't wait to slaughter my paysafecard :)
    Those stuff packs always make me more exited than their EPs. I can see me use that pack in many saves from 17th century Drachstedt Legacy to contemporary Windenburg, while CL is only useful for modern day games.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited November 2016
    Do you think it will be a live in butler or just a service sim we can hire?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Is it just me or does it sound like the sims call the butler 'Gunther' in the trailer? That's pretty cute. LOL
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    The cas and build/buy looks beautiful! I'm so in love with the female hairbun :love:

I never really played with butlers in the other games, and I'm probably not gonna play it in this one, but I feel like I should at least try it out this time

It looks really exciting and I love the more old style that's going on. The little girl putting on makeup was also super cute :joy:<3
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I love the art deco style so much, because you can combine it with old AND modern objects.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    OMG. I want that bar globe thing IRL. And I need that dress for the Sim I just made, like literally, before I came to see if there was news here. And those suspenders!!! So many Sims need suspenders! There will be hipster beards with suspenders! I'd pick this up just for the CAS in that screenshot already - it fills so many gaps. Off to read the blog :)

edit: Next week already! Happy to have been wrong on the date for this :) Also butlers!!!! An NPC in a Stuff Pack?! Also I want to watch the video now but can't yet :/ Maybe I'll go eat my lunch...

Ah so that's what's with you and the full beards. Hipsters in suspenders. ;3 ...LOL

Ha. If you're ever in my neighbourhood, I'll take you on a tour of local hipster beards. Those Get Together beards actually just let me make the game feel more local!

LOL. For one of my older gentleman before that beard was released, I just elongated his jaw. Makes him look weird without the beard he has now, but with it the look kinda grew on me.

I'm just imagining some of the flashback scenes I can do for some of my older families. >w<
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    You know what really grinds my gears? The scene in the teaser which has the semi walk in closet uses the same assets as the base game. We have a vintage stuff pack and we get to use the old hoodies on a hanger in the WICs... they could have made new ones with awesome glamorous vintage clothes but they skimped out again. I wish they would make new meshes because all WICs and clothing stores on the gallery look the same
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I'm very curious about the "touching up makeup" thing with the vanity. After the rumored makeup opacity slider, do you think if you have this pack, or maybe if you have the vanity on your lot, makeup will wear off over time? Or maybe after sims take a shower, they'll have to put their makeup back on? That would be kind of a neat feature. I'm probably expecting too much though, lol!
  • Options
    agent_bev wrote: »
    You know what really grinds my gears? The scene in the teaser which has the semi walk in closet uses the same assets as the base game. We have a vintage stuff pack and we get to use the old hoodies on a hanger in the WICs... they could have made new ones with awesome glamorous vintage clothes but they skimped out again. I wish they would make new meshes because all WICs and clothing stores on the gallery look the same
    Yeah, they didn't even add new recolours for the GTW pack, so no surprise there. But still, it would make such a big difference if they paid attention to details like that.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    One word....Fabulous!! <3
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
  • Options
    parisgracexparisgracex Posts: 80 Member
    The female hair styles and clothing are on point! <3
  • Options
    I'm already so in love with this SP! :bawling:
    Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did anyone notice the new bed?
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Looks decent enough especially for the price. Didn't really use butlers all that much in past games. I also suspect that this will be a call for service deal instead of a live in butler.
    Release date December 6th that means we can expect the holiday update Thursday in the patch.

Or they could release a second patch later this month. Not like they haven't done that already.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Graham just confirmed on twitter that the Butler NPC's are live-in and not service npc's. Time will tell what that means exactly.
    Allons-y!

• Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    This pack is going to make me do something I didn't think I would ever do. I don't usually play rich families, but the butler is just too good to pass up. :D I know exactly which apartment I'll need to be remodeling!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    For a moment I thought it was going to be available today! Was so excited! Guess I'll have to wait a week... *hyperventilating*
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »
    Graham just confirmed on twitter that the Butler NPC's are live-in and not service npc's. Time will tell what that means exactly.

Well that's good to hear for people who wanted live in butlers :)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    It's also been confirmed that the Butler will be introduced in the Pack and not as a free update.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Stacy_Loves_JoeStacy_Loves_Joe Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope we can give other sims that are npcs a make over with the vanity table. I have alot of them in my game that are right out 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cuz their clothes dont match and they have lime green hair lol.