March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    my sims married name didn't snc for some reason now the kids have their moms last name . i edited to fix the moms name but where is the setting. otherwise i have to keep going to cas.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    my sims married name didn't snc for some reason now the kids have their moms last name . i edited to fix the moms name but where is the setting. otherwise i have to keep going to cas.

That isn't an every-night thing, name syncing. Did the right alarm for doing that run? (Weekly Schedule is on the Description page).

If it did, Sync Married Names and Sync Household names are both in Cleaner's options. I think one is under Sim Cleaner and one is under Neighborhood Cleaner.

That isn't an every-night thing, name syncing. Did the right alarm for doing that run? (Weekly Schedule is on the Description page).

If it did, Sync Married Names and Sync Household names are both in Cleaner's options. I think one is under Sim Cleaner and one is under Neighborhood Cleaner.

thank you. i'm still using 3.1 because for some reason 3.2 only gives me acrobat files.
    I just sent 18 of you lovely people links to the extra part. If anybody still needs it that doesn't have a 3.0.2 link in a PM, let me know. My inbox is not real organized. I miss stuff.

Thanks!

Quoting myself because I just had a thought. Those of you who can't get to "that site"... where COULD we go to talk shop about that part? Somewhere without age/content restrictions, somewhere safe we can all get to. Any suggestions?

Not here, not there (obviously), and I really don't want to do it at MTS, either. Where could we set it up? And, who might want to? I have enough on my plate already. But I thought it was a good enough idea to toss out for consideration.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    @egwarhammer thank you. I am glad it worked for you.
    edited November 2016

thank you. i'm still using 3.1 because for some reason 3.2 only gives me acrobat files.

Wait. What?

Edit: I just redownloaded 3.0.2 again using the AllModules.zip file (near the bottom of the list). Here's what I got.

Try again? I didn't see anything "acrobat" anywhere on the site. O.o I'd ask for a screenshot but I don't know which one I need yet. What's going on?

2u7y2ky.jpg
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Hello all! Apologies if this has already been asked, but I notice that when sims go to the festivals they show up in the craziest outfits that I know I never picked out for them. Is there a way to fix this with the MC Command?
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
    Hello all! Apologies if this has already been asked, but I notice that when sims go to the festivals they show up in the craziest outfits that I know I never picked out for them. Is there a way to fix this with the MC Command?

That's probably more game Situation Outfit fun and games. There's no way to make edits to Situation outfits "stick" because the game just recreates them when a new Situation starts.

But, you CAN use Dresser various ways to change the Sim's CURRENT outfit, if it's just too ugly for words.

If you've Saved any outfits already (you'll have a mc_dresser.cfg file if you've done any saving or whitelisting or blacklisting), you can choose to load a Random Saved Outfit. Or if you have several, Load Saved Outfit cycles through them in order.

Or, you can Randomize Parts, whether you have any saved or whitelisted, or not. You can randomize the whole outfit, but, it may not be any better than what they're already wearing. Save your game, in case something happens you really DON'T like, so you can back out of it. Then, go to Sim > MC > Dresser... push a few buttons.

Change Outfit is cool. Oh, and here's a tip, on your Active Household, you can use the game's outfit picker to SEE what outfit choices you have... then go to MC's change outfit to paste it on them, no spinning or loss of time. I love that.

Open that file and post that screenshot for me, the one I posted above, from your side. Maybe something's "off" in your system defaults.

I have my package files set to open with S4S and my ts4scripts set to open with s4pe. Which won't work for opening them, but, I can't figure out how to clear that out now that I've done it, I'm only seeing the option to change it to something *else* and I don't know what to pick. But the files are working fine in the game this way.

But that's what I'm wondering if you might've done, set yours to use Acrobat, instead of the "nothing" default?
    i have no clue what happened but i got it now.

Wait. What?

Edit: I just redownloaded 3.0.2 again using the AllModules.zip file (near the bottom of the list). Here's what I got.

Try again? I didn't see anything "acrobat" anywhere on the site. O.o I'd ask for a screenshot but I don't know which one I need yet. What's going on?

2u7y2ky.jpg

i don't know why but when i switched to win 10 acrobat now likes to update daily. lol
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member

Wait. What?

2u7y2ky.jpg

i don't know why but when i switched to win 10 acrobat now likes to update daily. lol

I cant see what acrobat reader updating has anything to do with the mod
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    I just called work, and I'm going in for the night. Just wanted to mention it. Pretty annoyed at my "counterpart." Not cool how she ditches, sometimes. I'll take the money. I'm glad I called, too, Laura didn't know I'd been moved to 3rd tomorrow. Also not cool. I wish communication was a thing where I work. >.<

I may be in and out for a bit, but "get ready" is about to start, too. Back in the AM for sure.
    itsug wrote: »

Wait. What?

2u7y2ky.jpg

i didn't say it did. just that for reasons i don't know acrobat now wants me to update more. but at least things are working.

Wait. What?

2u7y2ky.jpg

i didn't say it did. just that for reasons i don't know acrobat now wants me to update more. but at least things are working.

Ah! thats great!

Happy simming! :)

Wait. What?

2u7y2ky.jpg

Ah! thats great!

sorry if i sounded rude . i've been sick since sunday. feeling better though.
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    Thanks for all the help..I have noticed an issue, I cannot purchase medicine from the computer, or books, the option to buy is gone, as well as from the bookcase. I haven't tried replacing them, I will now, I should have done that first, but just in case its an issue..?
    The other question I have, can I remove the little packages that I didn't go into, or is it safe just to leave them all there? I think I only went into mcc settings and population, and I can change the relationships! YAY!
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited December 2016
    112061 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help..I have noticed an issue, I cannot purchase medicine from the computer, or books, the option to buy is gone, as well as from the bookcase. I haven't tried replacing them, I will now, I should have done that first, but just in case its an issue..?

You're always welcome.

This one...?
    y3m9AynCQ0SoqBUhgyCNQu_Bn1WvfVZ-vJZIDSA7JiM0SCWJ1ddpGMnEx7_j-BlPcsYUs5tiNm7l0q1t5BZXbVKLmQxPW2aTQDLJh27MO8pGgBxq60qcrmVIdpoF500tyC1XUXyUJkV5CnFRISjiSvvahyzGvhu7vthKfICKobyAeQ?width=521&height=263&cropmode=none
    Hmm, I don't know. Seems to work at least in my game (Game v1.24.112.1010, MCCC v3.0.2). I tried the function from the computer. Maybe a colliding mod or another piece of CC? As you already suggested, trying to replace the items is also an option which might help.

112061 wrote: »
    The other question I have, can I remove the little packages that I didn't go into, or is it safe just to leave them all there? I think I only went into mcc settings and population, and I can change the relationships! YAY!
    Yes, of course you can. As long as you leave the minimum files 'mc_cmd_center.package' and 'mc_cmd_center.ts4script' you can move out every module you don't want to use.

But why? There are a lot of useful functions in the other modules. With CL I started to use Dresser to blacklist all those annoying outfits which came with the EP (e. g. swimming suit/leprechaun hat, swimming suit/wrestling mask, tourist outfit, racoon etc.). And if you black/whitelist outfits you subsequently should use the Cleaner. The Cheat module is also very handy, which is accessible from the sim or the mailbox MCCC pie menu. It contains very useful functions like 'Summon Sim' or 'Make Sim leave'. And if you go through all the recent posts here you will notice that the all time favorites besides 'Population' are 'Occult' for alien abduction and 'Pregnancy' for offspring management ;).

And perhaps you know that there is also another side of MCCC, "It-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named".... o:)
    If you look closely to the MCCC front page (link), you will see.

There are a lot of functions to be set and you don't have to worry about losing your customization. As long as you don't delete the 'mc_settings.cfg' file, everything you customized is save, also during MCCC updates.

#MCCC #Modules
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Especially at the geek festival they are known as "Cosplayers".

I blacklisted those swimming suit/leprechaun hat, swimming suit/wrestling mask, lama hat, tourist and racoon outfits with the dresser function.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.

Wait. What?

2u7y2ky.jpg

Ah! thats great!

sorry if i sounded rude . i've been sick since sunday. feeling better though.

No worries, we have all been on that side. :)
    sometimes purchasing medicine and other stuff from the computer goes, I notice this with nearly every new update, I have to buy a new computer then all the options are there on the new computer.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I just sent 18 of you lovely people links to the extra part. If anybody still needs it that doesn't have a 3.0.2 link in a PM, let me know. My inbox is not real organized. I miss stuff.

Thanks!

Quoting myself because I just had a thought. Those of you who can't get to "that site"... where COULD we go to talk shop about that part? Somewhere without age/content restrictions, somewhere safe we can all get to. Any suggestions?

Not here, not there (obviously), and I really don't want to do it at MTS, either. Where could we set it up? And, who might want to? I have enough on my plate already. But I thought it was a good enough idea to toss out for consideration.

Hmm.., can't really think of anywhere else. These are pretty much the only forums I haunt. Don't even really do social media. Sorry, not helpful at all! :grimace:

Open that file and post that screenshot for me, the one I posted above, from your side. Maybe something's "off" in your system defaults.

I have my package files set to open with S4S and my ts4scripts set to open with s4pe. Which won't work for opening them, but, I can't figure out how to clear that out now that I've done it, I'm only seeing the option to change it to something *else* and I don't know what to pick. But the files are working fine in the game this way.

But that's what I'm wondering if you might've done, set yours to use Acrobat, instead of the "nothing" default?

I'm not technically minded, my MCC is in my mods folder, EA games sims4 mods folder. I'm going to put the mods back in and try again.
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    thanks! I fixed the missing option to buy by replacing the computers and bookcase. For the rest, I will leave them where they are just in case I want to try something. :) Happy Simming!
    ok I tried it in a fresh game and it works brilliantly, no mouse holes and no black sheet, I'm doing the happy dance here. the random sim I had test it out for me, I have now put in my original game. his going to marry my alien, I thought he deserves a good life. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top