March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    ok I tried it in a fresh game and it works brilliantly, no mouse holes and no black sheet, I'm doing the happy dance here. the random sim I had test it out for me, I have now put in my original game. his going to marry my alien, I thought he deserves a good life. ;)

Hello. :) It is great that the issue that you had didn't occur in the new game and you are able to remove the mouse holes.
    Happy simming!
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    NIght 2 of 10 is in the books now. Donna's alright, but she's mad at Doris (rightly so, and tbh she isn't on MY top ten list of people right now, either), and has not been a lot of fun to be around. One more of those shifts incoming...

Understandable, but I'll be glad tomorrow night, when it's back to me and Jeffrey again. I'll get my breaks on time without having to beg for them, for one thing.

Those of you having issues with things not showing up, or acting weird, you might try deleting your localthumbcache file from /Sims4. Repairing your game is another good idea, but sometimes, just dumping the cache is enough to clear out some glitches. Rebooting your computer has been known to fix things, too.

It's anybody's guess when I'll get to actually PLAY again. Hopefully before 8 days... I guess we'll see. Updating the Troubleshooter for 3.0.2 is on today's list, I'm hoping to finish it before I go to bed. But I'm also not ready to tackle it, just yet. I've only been home an hour. I've been awake since 3pm yesterday... no wonder I'm a little off-balance. It's going to be a long week.

I am going to run out of time frequently this week. I can already see it coming.

There'll be slack from the Cheerleader... if anybody can pick things up people ask about, and run with them, please do. :) I'll take all the help I can get. (It takes a village...)

Have a great day! :)
    Newly updated for MC 3.0.2, here are two different links to the same Troubleshooter PDF file.

I like MediaFire. Deaderpool likes Dropbox. Covering bases, here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x72vb94iykcwhbz/MCCC_3.0.2_Troubleshooter.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wiximbdhizdqh9n/MCCC 3.0.2 Troubleshooter.pdf?dl=0

If I missed any 3.0.1 references, let me know. Kind of a rush hatchet job, I want to get it out while translations are still coming in.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    112061 wrote: »
    For the rest, I will leave them where they are just in case I want to try something. :) Happy Simming!

This is not a 'fire and forget' mod. It takes a lot of time, effort and reading to use it to the full. But, the brilliant thing is you can leave bits alone set to their default values without too much risk of strange things happening and then tinker when you feel the urge. One huge tip that is shouted very loudly and very clearly by EG:

Save your game just before the alarms run at midnight. If you don't like the results its and easy fix to go back to the saved file.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    The MCC cheat for getting rid of mouse holes mice pipes and electric box works great, though she did complain about the apartment smelling, the same icon came up like when there are mice droppings. but I don't see any droppings. but its no big deal. as long as I or my sim cant see them and there are no holes were both very happy.
    Thank you to the wonderful simmer who managed this, now I can play all apartments happily. ;)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    How does the blacklist work with MCCC? I have a CC hair (it's a female hair) that is showing up on nearly every male waiter and NPC in the game. I've added the hair to a blacklist, but I think it's showing up even more often now. I also tried with Sims 4 Studio (I think it is) to make it where no townie sims can wear CC, but apparently that's not working either (I'm sure it's error on my part).
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited November 2016
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    How does the blacklist work with MCCC? I have a CC hair (it's a female hair) that is showing up on nearly every male waiter and NPC in the game. I've added the hair to a blacklist, but I think it's showing up even more often now. I also tried with Sims 4 Studio (I think it is) to make it where no townie sims can wear CC, but apparently that's not working either (I'm sure it's error on my part).

Hair is tricky, a little bit. You *have* to have whitelisted choices, too, or else the mod can't add hair to the blacklist. It needs something to put back. Facial hair is the same way, IIRC. Any of the ones that say they affect ALL categories would be like that.

You could try using Dresser and Randomize Part on their hair, see if anything you like better comes up that way, too. Easier short-term fix.

I know in S4S you can uncheck the "for random" box per cc item, but if there's a way to do a blanket "don't wear any of it" I don't know anything about it. I don't usually run with much cc, I've not test driven S4S Harmony (3.0.0.0), really. It wouldn't surprise me for that to be in there, though. They have their stuff pretty well locked down. ;)

Edit:

Harmony's been updated to 3.0.0.1 ... I think this link will take you to it no matter what version it's on...

http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-harmony-open
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Cyclelegs wrote: »

As a workaround, I have been exiting the live mode to mark families as unplayed so that I can add the 'Never Marry' flag as needed on re-entering live mode. It's a bit of a PIA because I have to reactivate the 'Played' status afterwards or else or sorts of other undesirable things happen to them.

Am I missing an easy way to add the 'never marry' flag to played sims? If not, would it be possible to add the functionality into the mod at some point.

Answered your own question. That's the only way I know to be able to get to all the relevant flags, too.

I spend way too much time flagging and re-play-marking them, always have to decide, do I like their job, or do I want to throw them to the game's tender mercies there? Marriages and pregnancies include as many as possible, nothing bypassed there. I say, bring it! (And MC does...)

Well now I have got another workaround for the Active Sim that saves all that malarkey of Unplaying - flagging - replaying etc. With an active sim you can use the 'traits.equip_trait' cheat to add DP's 'never marry flag' or 'No Kids flag', which are the 2 that I miss from being able to fine tune the Pregnancy/Marriage Alarm.

So, if you are about to rotate out of a household and fear you might leave one of them vulnerable to a random marriage or pregnancy that you don't want, you can just run the 'equip traits' cheat and the sim is flagged.
    traits.equip_trait trait_MTS_Deaderpool_McCommander_MarriageNeverMarry
    will do the trick.

As a workaround, I have been exiting the live mode to mark families as unplayed so that I can add the 'Never Marry' flag as needed on re-entering live mode. It's a bit of a PIA because I have to reactivate the 'Played' status afterwards or else or sorts of other undesirable things happen to them.

Am I missing an easy way to add the 'never marry' flag to played sims? If not, would it be possible to add the functionality into the mod at some point.

Answered your own question. That's the only way I know to be able to get to all the relevant flags, too.

I spend way too much time flagging and re-play-marking them, always have to decide, do I like their job, or do I want to throw them to the game's tender mercies there? Marriages and pregnancies include as many as possible, nothing bypassed there. I say, bring it! (And MC does...)

Well now I have got another workaround for the Active Sim that saves all that malarkey of Unplaying - flagging - replaying etc. With an active sim you can use the 'traits.equip_trait' cheat to add DP's 'never marry flag' or 'No Kids flag', which are the 2 that I miss from being able to fine tune the Pregnancy/Marriage Alarm.

So, if you are about to rotate out of a household and fear you might leave one of them vulnerable to a random marriage or pregnancy that you don't want, you can just run the 'equip traits' cheat and the sim is flagged.
    traits.equip_trait trait_MTS_Deaderpool_McCommander_MarriageNeverMarry
    will do the trick.

Thanks! Copied that to my "cheat" text file. ;)

I definitely appreciate the tip. I'm LOVING being able to "paste" careers onto sims with the Debug options. Major time-saver.

However, I've tried to use the "Careers" cheat to raise Max V's grade from D, and that doesn't seem to work. Any idea why not? (I haven't tried it on anybody else.)

Last night (3 of 10) wasn't bad. Saw Jeffrey when I got there, for a couple of minutes. :smile: We're *both* looking forward to tonight. Donna was in a *little* better mood, or putting on a better "show" at least. Remember I said Burke said if Doris showed up we could all 3 work? She didn't, of course... but later, I said something to Donna about it, and she said if Doris HAD come in, she would've sent her back home. She's still pretty mad. (Duh.)

I'm glad I won't be there the first time those two next come face to face... anybody who is, I hope they have the sense to duck!!

I got some things done that'll help us tonight, so, I'm calling it a win. I'm looking forward to seeing my next check, too. They usually HATE giving up overtime pay, but, I bet the only thing anybody says to ME about it is, thanks for coming in when we needed you. (Experience, I've had to cover her slack before, too.) Haha! I'm looking really good to the suits, right now... ;) That's a pretty cool feeling. :)

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Hair is tricky, a little bit. You *have* to have whitelisted choices, too, or else the mod can't add hair to the blacklist. It needs something to put back. Facial hair is the same way, IIRC. Any of the ones that say they affect ALL categories would be like that.

You could try using Dresser and Randomize Part on their hair, see if anything you like better comes up that way, too. Easier short-term fix.

I know in S4S you can uncheck the "for random" box per cc item, but if there's a way to do a blanket "don't wear any of it" I don't know anything about it. I don't usually run with much cc, I've not test driven S4S Harmony (3.0.0.0), really. It wouldn't surprise me for that to be in there, though. They have their stuff pretty well locked down. ;)

Edit:

Harmony's been updated to 3.0.0.1 ... I think this link will take you to it no matter what version it's on...

I'll probably try this. I am really tired of all my townie men wearing that female hair, but I don't want them all to be wearing just one or two other hairs either.

I do have Harmony 3.0.0.1

Maybe I'm not understanding what each one does (it has been a while since I read up on it, but from my recall of it from a few months ago...) I did the batch fix on CC for Random, Default, etc. I'm about 80% sure that is what I did sometime back to outlaw CC for all townies (I believe it was S4S Jackpot that I had at that time).
    p8L4V6v.png

Edit:

I'll probably try this. I am really tired of all my townie men wearing that female hair, but I don't want them all to be wearing just one or two other hairs either.

I do have Harmony 3.0.0.1

Maybe I'm not understanding what each one does (it has been a while since I read up on it, but from my recall of it from a few months ago...) I did the batch fix on CC for Random, Default, etc. I'm about 80% sure that is what I did sometime back to outlaw CC for all townies (I believe it was S4S Jackpot that I had at that time).

Here's a thought, if you don't already have ANY hair white or blacklisted... don't do it yet. Try the Randomize Part on somebody's hair before you set that up, to see what happens.

I'm wondering if it'll give you a wider variety, than if it JUST goes to whatever you've whitelisted.

Make sense?
  • mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    i know this has probably been asked before but i can not find it anywhere, where do i find the child support option in mts? what modular would it be?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I was going through the different sims in the game save that I'm playing. I did place several homeless single sims (all created by maxis but didn't make it in the game). Anyways, I've noticed that any family that the game moves in are all single parent families. It does also move in single sims as well, but no couples. Is there a setting in the MC mod that will help in balancing this out to where I would see full families (a married couple with children)?
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    i know this has probably been asked before but i can not find it anywhere, where do i find the child support option in mts? what modular would it be?
    Child support is in the main module.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I was going through the different sims in the game save that I'm playing. I did place several homeless single sims (all created by maxis but didn't make it in the game). Anyways, I've noticed that any family that the game moves in are all single parent families. It does also move in single sims as well, but no couples. Is there a setting in the MC mod that will help in balancing this out to where I would see full families (a married couple with children)?
    I don't believe there's a setting that will make the game generate families with married couples, but settings in pregnancy should get single sims married- note that this means any eligible single sim, not just generated townies.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Which setting is it located at, where it moves homeless sims into available homes? I would like to turn this off, because I want to decide where I want homeless sims to be living.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2016

You can find it here in the main module:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Money Settings > Pay Child Support

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Which setting is it located at, where it moves homeless sims into available homes? I would like to turn this off, because I want to decide where I want homeless sims to be living.

Try these:

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Open Houses
    Increase the number of open houses to prevent homeless from moving in. Try a value of 40.

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Maximum Homeless
    Reduce the possible number of homeless sims. Try a value of 1.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

Try these:

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Open Houses
    Increase the number of open houses to prevent homeless from moving in. Try a value of 40.

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Maximum Homeless

since were talking population you can't have more than 8 in one house right?
    edited November 2016
    ...since were talking population you can't have more than 8 in one house right?

You're right. Default game setting limits the number of sims in residential lots to 8.

You can adjust the number of sims with MCCC Population module in some certain public lots:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Other Settings > Adjust Sims on Lot

You can increase the number of sims to more than 8 on residential lots with a mod like this:
    "Full House Mod - Increase your Household Size!" by TwistedMexi - http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=536556
    Comments say that it works with CL, but it wasn't updated so far. It's also a matter of computer power, how many sims in one lot could be managed. Use it with care!

Make frequent backups of your game files - This is always a good idea, even without any reason.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    ...since were talking population you can't have more than 8 in one house right?

You're right. Default game setting limits the number of sims in residential lots to 8.

You can adjust the number of sims with MCCC Population module in some certain public lots:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Other Settings > Adjust Sims on Lot

You can increase the number of sims to more than 8 on residential lots with a mod like this:
    "Full House Mod - Increase your Household Size!" by TwistedMexi - http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=536556
    Comments say that it works with CL, but it wasn't updated so far. It's also a matter of computer power, how many sims in one lot could be managed. Use it with care!

Make frequent backups of your game files - This is always a good idea, even without any reason.

now that you mention it i rember hearing about the full house mod. but i haven't downloaded it my last heir was extremely fertile.

thank you.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Is it true that the option to use the amount of sims on a lot option is causing problems in the game.. someone said to use the default setting as it messes up the game to change that?
    edited November 2016
    Is it true that the option to use the amount of sims on a lot option is causing problems in the game.. someone said to use the default setting as it messes up the game to change that?

As far as I remember this was an issue of MCCC v3.0.0

@Deaderpool enhanced the function "Adjust Sims on Lot" in MCCC v3.0.2 to CL according to the change log. I assume he took also care of the problem with the non default numbers.

But I never changed those numbers so I can't say for sure, whether this is still an issue.

• mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    yay!! thanks to you all, you have made me one happy simmer!

Try these:

since were talking population you can't have more than 8 in one house right?

Evening gang! Catching up, I've read through everything here. Must have slept enough, woke up early on my own. ;)

Along with the Full House mod, you'd probably also want this one, Try for Baby in Larger Households

Expect more from the Cheerleader. I'm around, for a couple of hours. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top