March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I *finally* got rid of those s4pe icons I had showing up on my ts4script files. :smiley:

Better MC 3.0.2 installed picture:

302qv69.jpg

The two blue files are REQUIRED for anything else to work.

And don't worry about the folder name, MC will work just as well as my nerdy tag for it above. ;)
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I was going through the different sims in the game save that I'm playing. I did place several homeless single sims (all created by maxis but didn't make it in the game). Anyways, I've noticed that any family that the game moves in are all single parent families. It does also move in single sims as well, but no couples. Is there a setting in the MC mod that will help in balancing this out to where I would see full families (a married couple with children)?

Are you playing with the whole mod? What age setting do you use? Long, normal or short?

If you have it enabled in Pregnancy, you should be SEEING sims get married and/or pregnant as different nightly alarms run. (You can decide whether to allow or bypass your played households, but unplayed sims should always be included.)

There's a table showing when the alarms run on the mod's description page. Look for the Show Weekly Scheduled Alarms button, following Tuner's info. My best tip is to save your game at about 10-15 minutes before Midnight, in case something happens you want to back out of and go for a second try. ( << @Cyclelegs :smiley: )

The only way I know to DISABLE pregnancy settings is to put -100 in Pregnancy Percent Adjustment. (And for Marriage, -100 in Marriage Percent Adjustment.) Otherwise, it's supposed to be doing things, they both are.

Do you have logging enabled? If you do, you'll be able to see a lot of what happens during alarms there.

The actual move in process probably isn't as random as it looks, but I have noticed the list of lots and the list of sims don't exactly mesh sometimes... you'll see one sim in Cypress Terrace, and a family of 5 in Streamlet Single, for example. >.<

Some of my post-alarm "cleanup" usually involves moving moved-in families around so they're in houses that "fit" them better. But it's better than having nothing going on, like with vanilla. Its move-in thing is pretty lame... and with MC Population, it's being overridden anyway. MC does it better. :p

I was going through the different sims in the game save that I'm playing. I did place several homeless single sims (all created by maxis but didn't make it in the game). Anyways, I've noticed that any family that the game moves in are all single parent families. It does also move in single sims as well, but no couples. Is there a setting in the MC mod that will help in balancing this out to where I would see full families (a married couple with children)?

Here's another thought. Most of the alarms are set to run when they say, BUT, for Pregnancy and Marriage, you CAN override the default nights by putting your own in Days to Run Checks.

With move-in set for Saturday, I decided to switch to having a Marriage run on Friday, move in Saturday, and a Pregnancy run on Sunday. So people are getting married, finding homes, having kids. I haven't played a lot lately, but it was working fine the last time I went through those alarms. :)

Just an idea, if you wanted to streamline things a little.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    edited November 2016

Here's another thought. Most of the alarms are set to run when they say, BUT, for Pregnancy and Marriage, you CAN override the default nights by putting your own in Days to Run Checks.

With move-in set for Saturday, I decided to switch to having a Marriage run on Friday, move in Saturday, and a Pregnancy run on Sunday. So people are getting married, finding homes, having kids. I haven't played a lot lately, but it was working fine the last time I went through those alarms. :)

What a brilliant suggestion. You know you ought to have a post for 'How I configure MC and Why'. When I first installed MC a while back, I remember it being really confusing, not the install but using it. I got a lot from the @egwarhammer trouble shooter but the latest version is now sans the 'nincompoop guide'. Anyway, I am off to configure my marriage and pregnancy alarms so they don't happen together.

Edit: to try and replace plum with nincompoop!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Which setting is it located at, where it moves homeless sims into available homes? I would like to turn this off, because I want to decide where I want homeless sims to be living.

Try these:

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Open Houses
    Increase the number of open houses to prevent homeless from moving in. Try a value of 40.

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Maximum Homeless
    Reduce the possible number of homeless sims. Try a value of 1.

since were talking population you can't have more than 8 in one house right?

Evening gang! Catching up, I've read through everything here. Must have slept enough, woke up early on my own. ;)

Along with the Full House mod, you'd probably also want this one, Try for Baby in Larger Households

Expect more from the Cheerleader. I'm around, for a couple of hours. :)

i got it thank you.
    Cyclelegs wrote: »

What a brilliant suggestion. You know you ought to have a post for 'How I configure MC and Why'. When I first installed MC a while back, I remember it being really confusing, not the install but using it. I got a lot from the @egwarhammer trouble shooter but the latest version is now sans the 'nincompoop guide'. Anyway, I am off to configure my marriage and pregnancy alarms so they don't happen together.

Edit: to try and replace plum with nincompoop!

Let me guess... ixxxt? :p

LOL! I might do that, but honestly it may not happen while I'm in the middle of 10 straight work nights. And four school runs this week before I can settle down, too. One in about half an hour... Saturday or Sunday, maybe, it could be a good project for one of those mornings. :) Do you mean I should make a post here, or, I should start a new thread with that title? (I need sleep, y'know, that's going to be a constant this week.)

But I have NEWS!!! B)

A year of pestering (I can't say "persuasion" and keep a straight face, I bugged him about this!!!) from yours truly has paid off.

Last night, Deaderpool PM'd me that he was setting up a Patreon account. I wanted him to do it LAST Christmas. ;) And then the other day, I saw a link about a guy making $3000 a month from 700 supporters for a Sims4 mod, (I can't post it here, I don't think? SimsCommunity, you'll see it, and why I'd rather not post it directly.)

Long story short, he did it. (And the Cheerleader says, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!) :smiley:

I'm in, and I'm not alone. If you're interested, check it out.

Pass the word. I tweeted it when I opted in. He's done a lot for us, even if you aren't in a position to give money, all of us can publicize it for him.

Made my night. And I made time to go take care of it this morning. I'm tickled!!!

And it's time for the school run. More in about an hour. Have a great day! ;)
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    About... frickin.. time @Deaderpool :D
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    Being lazy and pasting this from MTS. I need to get out of here. ;)

Here's something I just uploaded, the zipped .doc file for the Troubleshooter. PDFs aren't much good to people needing translated versions, but, the doc files could be. Thanks heidi137 for the reminder. I'm just a little slow getting it uploaded, but, it is now.

(Heidi's French, not on this site, hence no tag.)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbjy9l7uga64d8t/MCCC_3.0.2_Troubleshooter_doc.zip

Bedtime for the cheerleader. Be back tonight before work.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm having a problem with the "population." I changed it to have 2 homeless as max. But the game keeps spitting out a million random sims. Never had this problem before 3.0,3.1,3.2/City Living. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you soooo much!!

P.S. Just subscribed to Patreon!! :-)
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @imhappy Have you been traveling to community lots and/or festivals? No matter what you set for max homeless, the game will still generate sims that it deems as "necessary", and these situations do require sims to fill certain roles.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2016
    imhappy wrote: »
    I'm having a problem with the "population." I changed it to have 2 homeless as max. But the game keeps spitting out a million random sims. Never had this problem before 3.0,3.1,3.2/City Living. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you soooo much!!

P.S. Just subscribed to Patreon!! :-)

Unfortunately there is no way to control the homeless spawning when the game core decides that there is a need to fill a role. You configured the Maximum Homeless setting in MC Population and this is all you can do. Also there is no possibility to directly assign already created sims to those roles.

I don't like this too, so here is what I'm doing: If I enter for example one of the Karaoke Bars in CL, there is need for a mixologist. The game looks whether there is already a suitable sim, if not a new one is spawned. I don't delete them, I edit them in the way I prefer them. And most important, I only edit the appearance, not the aspirations, traits or skills. Next time a mixologist is needed the game will probably choose the edited one. This works - more or less. Sometimes despite of having dozens of suitable candidates the game core decides for whatever reason to spawn a new one.

Regarding CL I might say that it's OK if the game spawns in the beginning new townies, for example the food stall vendors. In the end I assume that there is a need for about 20 to 30 new homless to fill the vacant new roles of the EP.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Check that none of your population percent settings are set to Zero. If the game needs an NPC that you have set to Zero then you have a problem. Also, if you go around deleting your new NPCs and they are needed, the game will keep regenerating them.
    Thanks everyone! Nothing is at zero, but I have been going to a lot of festivals and outings. I like the idea of fixing how the Townes look in CAS.
    Check that none of your population percent settings are set to Zero. If the game needs an NPC that you have set to Zero then you have a problem....

When my game started to spawn mainly elders I set the 'Percent Elder' value to 0 (zero). Now I don't have any elders anymore, but I also didn't notice any problems so far...

A year of pestering (I can't say "persuasion" and keep a straight face, I bugged him about this!!!) from yours truly has paid off.

Last night, Deaderpool PM'd me that he was setting up a Patreon account. I wanted him to do it LAST Christmas. ;) And then the other day, I saw a link about a guy making $3000 a month from 700 supporters for a Sims4 mod, , (I can't post it here. I don't think? SimsCommunity, you'll see it, and why I'd rather not post it directly.)

Fine show DP. I subscribed last night just after it was posted and I had faffed about signing up to Patreon. I would love to see DP getting that sort of recognition for his efforts; shows where the money is!

I considered installing the mod you mentioned but I have enough grief as it is just keeping the mods I do have installed up to date every month; it's not a fun part of TS4. There again, I have a vivid imagination so maybe I can make do without the graphical enhancements.

Last night, Deaderpool PM'd me that he was setting up a Patreon account. I wanted him to do it LAST Christmas. ;) And then the other day, I saw a link about a guy making $3000 a month from 700 supporters for a Sims4 mod, , (I can't post it here. I don't think? SimsCommunity, you'll see it, and why I'd rather not post it directly.)

Fine show DP. I subscribed last night just after it was posted and I had faffed about signing up to Patreon. I would love to see DP getting that sort of recognition for his efforts; shows where the money is!

I considered installing the mod you mentioned but I have enough grief as it is just keeping the mods I do have installed up to date every month; it's not a fun part of TS4. There again, I have a vivid imagination so maybe I can make do without the graphical enhancements.

I wouldn't recommend it... as of its latest update, that other mod is now causing issues with MC's extra part. Either or... I'll stick with DP's work, thanks. ;)

I'm up... I"m not AWAKE yet exactly, but, I'm up and browsing posts.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Check that none of your population percent settings are set to Zero. If the game needs an NPC that you have set to Zero then you have a problem....

When my game started to spawn mainly elders I set the 'Percent Elder' value to 0 (zero). Now I don't have any elders anymore, but I also didn't notice any problems so far...

@Cyclelegs

Yeah, that's one thing fixed with the 3.0.2 "patch > EP meetup" update. If you still see a million sims spawning with 0 in a setting, let us know. Shouldn't be happening now.
    Still see a million sims spawning.

Have a great night!
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @egwarhammer ill be subscribing this morning! So glad DP will get something for his effort!! I still remember him working around the clock during the CL launch!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
    Still see a million sims spawning.

Have a great night!

Give me more. Details. What are you doing, how often are they spawning, how many do you have extra in an hour... etc. Flying blind here, it could be a million things.

Settings, if you want me to look through THOSE, zip your config file and upload it to DROPBOX. Mediafire doesn't like them at all.

Screenshot of your /MC folder would be cool, too. You could add that in with the cfg to the zip file, if you don't want to post it here.

I've got to do the school run, I'll be back after that for a while, though.

edited November 2016
    Okay, so, WHERE is the command to Edit a Sim's Career Outfit?? I've looked everywhere. It isn't showing up. Wasn't it under Sim Commands?

(Make sure your sim has a job. I've missed that before... no button, then, for sure. LOL!)

Edit: Found it, it IS under Sim Commands > Modify Career Outfit. BUT it only shows up IF there's a career outfit/uniform generated. Scientist showed it right away. Entertainer and Tech Guru did not. Oops. :D
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
    Sim goes to a festival and a bunch of new sims spawn up. I only play for about an hour a night. Possibly 20ish households. I went from about 170 sims to 210.
    Sim goes to a festival and a bunch of new sims spawn up. I only play for about an hour a night. Possibly 20ish households. I went from about 170 sims to 210.

How about you enable logging and send me tonight's after you're through playing? If you have it, last night's would be good, too. I keep all of mine, just not as part of the actual log file. I'm not asking you to do THAT (I'm a nerd about logs), but I'd love to see what you have going on.

What ARE your population settings? If you would copy those settings here for me, that'd probably help.

This block right here from your mc_settings.cfg file is what I'd like to see. :)

"Population_AllowNoClowns": false,
    "Population_BarNights": "GU,AL,KN,LA,SI",
    "Population_BypassCulling": true,
    "Population_BypassPlayedHouseholds": false,
    "Population_MaxSimsInZone": 25,
    "Population_MaximumHomeless": 5,
    "Population_MoveOutElders": false,
    "Population_MoveOutSingleSim": true,
    "Population_NumAdjustLot": "MUS,RES,GYM,CLU,WBY,BAR,POL,CAF,PAR,LOU,SPA,LIB,CHA,DAN,APT,MYS,ART,KAO",
    "Population_OpenHouses": 2,
    "Population_PercentAdult": 20,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 5,
    "Population_PercentChild": 65,
    "Population_PercentElder": 5,
    "Population_PercentMale": 50,
    "Population_RandomizeVisitingSims": true,
    "Population_ReaperStopStalking": true,
    "Population_RunDresser": true,
    "Population_UseCustom": true,
    Okay, so, WHERE is the command to Edit a Sim's Career Outfit?? I've looked everywhere. It isn't showing up. Wasn't it under Sim Commands?

(Make sure your sim has a job. I've missed that before... no button, then, for sure. LOL!)

Edit: Found it, it IS under Sim Commands > Modify Career Outfit. BUT it only shows up IF there's a career outfit/uniform generated. Scientist showed it right away. Entertainer and Tech Guru did not. Oops. :D

I'm missing it too since v3.0.0 - seems to be lost eventually during update ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top