March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    One thing, @WissaWolf ... I'll get to the rest, but -1 is UNLIMITED in that setting. Try 0 or 1. It'll work much better.

Haven't read all of it, I will in a minute, but first, I have a HEADS UP to those using MC's OCCULT MODULE... It is NOT WORKING.

@rosemow

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5118913#post5118913

Relevant bits from DP, full quote at the above link:
    the core Sims 4 game code is not calling the same processes it used to call when an abduction happened and pregnancy was tested. It looks like EA changed some of that workflow with the October update as well.

Bottom-line, none of the MC Occult pregnancy code is ever being called so if a Sim gets pregnant at all from abduction right now, it is coming from the core EA's pregnancy code and not MC Occult.

And he discovered it because someone sent him a save file and their settings. :)

Thanks for the heads up, I thought it was just that my sim was himself the product of abduction being the reason he wasn't coming back pregnant.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I'm very new to this mod. I tried to use it just yesterday, by clicking on the pregnancy thingie. I set it for 1 male child. It reset my Sims' pregnancy, so that I had to have them woohoo again. I got a girl. What did I do wrong?

Tell me more. I saw this earlier, but I was *this close* to laying down for what turned into 5 hours of sleep. Decided "wait till you wake up" would lead to more brain power. ;)

I don't like to admit this, but the Cheerleader is a human being, too. LOL!

Up and at it again... Draw me a picture, this isn't enough info for me to be able to come up with an intelligent answer for "what happened?" questions.

If you have Logging Enabled, check that file and see if there's anything in it about the pregnancy. That's pretty odd that it reset the pregnancy... what did you do EXACTLY?

Gimme details. You're a writer, Write Moar. :p

Welcome to the madhouse. I've been waiting for you to pop in. <3

By the way, it isn't the WHOLE Occult module that's broken, just a couple of good-sized parts of it. Abduction Frequency we've known about since not long after 3.0.1 came out. The misfiring occult abduction pregnancy routine is a new discovery.

But DP said the rest of what Occult does should still work fine.

(I wouldn't take bets on San Myshuno happenings, though... ;) )

Sorry for the full panic mode tone of the other post. Sometimes, I should slow down a little.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Could I swap out between two different MC settings file, depending on which save I'm playing? Or is there an easier way to use two different sets of settings with different saves?
    p8L4V6v.png
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Could I swap out between two different MC settings file, depending on which save I'm playing? Or is there an easier way to use two different sets of settings with different saves?

MC Profiler, it's the first file in the Files list at MC. Tip, it wanted to be in a Desktop folder, here, not under /Programs etc. Dunno why.

Multiple config files is what it's for. :)
    edited November 2016
    Troubleshooter PDF for MC 3.x is done, and posted here:

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pa90o2gst9djb4i/MCCC_3.x_Troubleshooter.pdf

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwmijnaujqu5drj/MCCC 3.x Troubleshooter.pdf?dl=0

Pretty big revamp. Let me know what you think. (Same file, just covering bases.)

Edit: not sure why the dropbox link is breaking. Copy it all into your address bar, or, just use the mediafire link instead. It works fine.
    /edit

Edit 2: Bless @rosemow, this link for Dropbox should work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwmijnaujqu5drj/MCCC 3.x Troubleshooter.pdf?dl=0

:)
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
    I just ran into something game-related I thought was Really Cool. Windowed out to share it.

I'm going through and building up my maps, in advance of the move in run coming after my next run (which I WILL be tripping tonight). I have a few families mapped who are marked unplayed.

I just went into build mode on one of them, and I noticed, they DON'T get charged for any building prices. Unlimited $$.

So if you don't have a lot of money, and you want to sneak that by the game, try marking the family unplayed before you build. Then play them again, afterwards. With new stuff. :D

Sneaky. I like it.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    I am having issues with flagging individual sims in played households 'not to marry' so that they will be bypassed for random marriages.

Within the marriage section of the Pregnancy module you have the option to bypass played households: [Enabled] or >Disabled. I set mine for >Disabled to allow random marriages to happen for sims in my played households. However, as is possible with pregnancy, I would like to flag individual sims not to get married. I can't seem to find a way to do this.

For unplayed sims, you can set a 'never marry' flag either through the command line with flag_sim first_last, which brings up the flag sim UI, or by entering MC Command menu by clicking on directly on the sim. Once the flag is set it seems to work to prevent random marriages whether the household is marked as Played or UnPlayed. It is just applying the flag that is causing me issues.

As a workaround, I have been exiting the live mode to mark families as unplayed so that I can add the 'Never Marry' flag as needed on re-entering live mode. It's a bit of a PIA because I have to reactivate the 'Played' status afterwards or else or sorts of other undesirable things happen to them.

Am I missing an easy way to add the 'never marry' flag to played sims? If not, would it be possible to add the functionality into the mod at some point.

As an aside, I run with a population setting of -1 (unlimited) and with EA culling enabled. I let EA cull my sims and I protect the special ones by housing them (currently 201 homed). My population seems to have stabilised at about 230 - 260, and is currently sitting at 261. I get very few new sims spawned when I visit venues now. A lot of my homed sims have jobs at the various venues. Seems to work pretty well for me.
  • millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi, I want to be able to cheat only one need at a time, not max ALL of them at once. For example, When my sims are out on a dinner date I don't want them to waste time peeing, but I still want them to be hungry, so I can't max all of their needs.

I have the MC command center, I don't know if there is a way to do this. I also don't know how to use the cheats for the command center. It's enabled on my game, but I don't see any extra cheat options on the mailbox.
    Hi, I want to be able to cheat only one need at a time, not max ALL of them at once. For example, When my sims are out on a dinner date I don't want them to waste time peeing, but I still want them to be hungry, so I can't max all of their needs.

I have the MC command center, I don't know if there is a way to do this. I also don't know how to use the cheats for the command center. It's enabled on my game, but I don't see any extra cheat options on the mailbox.

Oh hi! I just answered your other post. :smiley:

Here's what it said:

Those MC cheats aren't for this. ;) You can find them on any outdoor (not CL) mailbox. Check Computer > MC > MCCC Settings > Notifications/Menus/Console if you don't see them, under Menus, to enable them.

Easiest MOD fix would be UI Cheats. (Works fine with MC, I have both.)

Cheat bar commands: (Copy/paste is great for this! I play with a text file open. B) )

fillmotive motive_ bladder hunger energy fun social hygiene

USAGE: fillmotive motive_bladder

You don't SEE them? Did you for sure download the Cheats module? What parts of MC do/don't you have installed?

Just because I've had to say this 10,000 times in the past 3 weeks, please make sure all of your MC ts4script files are dated Oct 30 for me.

Are you all up to date (Nov 15) on patches?
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    I am having issues with flagging individual sims in played households 'not to marry' so that they will be bypassed for random marriages.

Within the marriage section of the Pregnancy module you have the option to bypass played households: [Enabled] or >Disabled. I set mine for >Disabled to allow random marriages to happen for sims in my played households. However, as is possible with pregnancy, I would like to flag individual sims not to get married. I can't seem to find a way to do this.

For unplayed sims, you can set a 'never marry' flag either through the command line with flag_sim first_last, which brings up the flag sim UI, or by entering MC Command menu by clicking on directly on the sim. Once the flag is set it seems to work to prevent random marriages whether the household is marked as Played or UnPlayed. It is just applying the flag that is causing me issues.

As a workaround, I have been exiting the live mode to mark families as unplayed so that I can add the 'Never Marry' flag as needed on re-entering live mode. It's a bit of a PIA because I have to reactivate the 'Played' status afterwards or else or sorts of other undesirable things happen to them.

Am I missing an easy way to add the 'never marry' flag to played sims? If not, would it be possible to add the functionality into the mod at some point.

As an aside, I run with a population setting of -1 (unlimited) and with EA culling enabled. I let EA cull my sims and I protect the special ones by housing them (currently 201 homed). My population seems to have stabilised at about 230 - 260, and is currently sitting at 261. I get very few new sims spawned when I visit venues now. A lot of my homed sims have jobs at the various venues. Seems to work pretty well for me.

Answered your own question. That's the only way I know to be able to get to all the relevant flags, too.

Sometimes I go so far as to unflag EVERYBODY except the one sim I play who knows everybody (relationship cheat), BECAUSE I want to be able to get at them all without having to travel around all the maps. (Which doesn't help with NPCs anyway.)

I spend way too much time flagging and re-play-marking them, always have to decide, do I like their job, or do I want to throw them to the game's tender mercies there? Marriages and pregnancies include as many as possible, nothing bypassed there. I say, bring it! (And MC does...) :p

You might ask DP at MC about why the played/unplayed flag differences. He might be glad to see a "different" question (not update related), y'know?

I went on a holy rant ("read more") earlier over there today, I'm kinda chilling, as far as asking him for *much* ... for the time being. ;) Letting some dust settle.

Some things just needed to be said. So, I did. (It was pretty bad.)
    B)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

MC Profiler, it's the first file in the Files list at MC. Tip, it wanted to be in a Desktop folder, here, not under /Programs etc. Dunno why.

Multiple config files is what it's for. :)

Thank you! Sorry it took so long to reply. Been busy getting ready for Turkey day. :) If you celebrate, Hope your holiday is a good one. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    @egwarhammer Ahh, yes. I just realized this.. Went into the pregnancy settings and had to tweak them quite a bit to actually get anything started. I was wondering why none of my sims were having babies yet.. Now it's working and there are two new babies thanks to the mod. I will consult the page next time I have any obvious questions. :) Thank you.
    So as for the homeless settings, how many single family NPCs will need to be generated for job roles in the base game? Currently, it is now correctly set to 0 and have 13 families. I heard that more than one will generate for the same thing, such as mailman. Is there a way to limit it? I was also wondering if it was possible to use my own creations to be assigned these roles, custom single sims.
    I am sure there is a lot of info there. I should've looked there first. :) I usually just jump in and get my feet wet.. Haha.

to second post by egwar: I know what you mean.. The patch in Sims 3 once broke my story progression, so I installed nraas.. and I have been hooked on the third party versions of it ever since. :D It saved Sims 4 for me..

If you want me to make test saves out to help figure out any differences, I can. But I plan on finally buying my first expansion before black friday is up.. Then I will probably suffer from all the new NPCs needed for Get to Work. Haha. If you want me to help, I think it would be fun. Just PM me. :)

The flag things are cool. Now I can just set the stubborn YA sims popping up to have no babies. Hehe.

The front game had a nanny on it? That's false advertising! Hehe. Wasn't she added later via patching? :p

I have only three maps, just the empty one, Oasis, and the first basic one. [I know, it's sad. I can't even remember all their names..]
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    eggy guess what i got for thanksgiving. besides a cold. all my mods now show up on the computer both mine and my sims. i redownloaded today because i accidently deleted it when my game saves disappeared.
    MC 3.0.2 with all its San Myshuno bug fixing (and mailbox etc support) goodness Is UP!! Also, update the other part from the 2nd site if you use that, also. New Troubleshooter PDF is included with downloads, too. :)

Come and get it!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Extra part PMs incoming soon, let me get MINE downloaded first, though. LOL! (still working on it, decided to share the joy about the update. Catch me if you can!) :p

Somebody do a Twitter post for me??

edited November 2016
    MC 3.0.2 with all its San Myshuno bug fixing (and mailbox etc support) goodness Is UP!! Also, update the other part from the 2nd site if you use that, also. New Troubleshooter PDF is included with downloads, too. :)

Come and get it!

Extra part PMs incoming soon, let me get MINE downloaded first, though. LOL! (still working on it, decided to share the joy about the update. Catch me if you can!) :p

Come and get it!

i just get 301 working now were going to 3.2. lol.

Come and get it!

Come and get it!

I haven't even seen it "live" yet, but Trust Me, it'll be WORTH it. 3.0.1 had several things not working quite right. I expect 3.0.2 to be a lot more well-behaved. :)

Downloaded, not installed, here. I got sidetracked by posts about orange bras in the shower, at the other site. LOL! No PMs sent yet either. It's coming. Turkey nap, I'm still fighting off tryptophan. Haha!

(Game bug, ahq thread here, if anybody's interested... http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Female-Sims-wearing-bra-in-Shower-bathing/td-p/5586994 )

Come and get it!

Come and get it!

I haven't even seen it "live" yet, but Trust Me, it'll be WORTH it. 3.0.1 had several things not working quite right. I expect 3.0.2 to be a lot more well-behaved. :)

Downloaded, not installed, here. I got sidetracked by posts about orange bras in the shower, at the other site. LOL! No PMs sent yet either. It's coming. Turkey nap, I'm still fighting off tryptophan. Haha!

(Game bug, ahq thread here, if anybody's interested... http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Female-Sims-wearing-bra-in-Shower-bathing/td-p/5586994 )

i missed turkey because i was sick today.
    i need to go finish heating up my burrito,
    I just sent 18 of you lovely people links to the extra part. If anybody still needs it that doesn't have a 3.0.2 link in a PM, let me know. My inbox is not real organized. I miss stuff.

Thanks!

Here *finally* is the picture of "vanilla" MC 3.0.2 installed. If you have the other part, you also need to go get the updated package and ts4script files for it from the other site.

If anybody asks anywhere on the net if this mod works with any sims4 version before 1.24, the answer is NO.

Players must have the current game version to be able to use MC. That's the bottom line. (Pirates with v 1.20 have swarmed MTS lately. It's annoying.)

My usual @rosemow <3 tag ;)

2zodwe9.jpg

There's an issue, you'll probably see this when you start playing, if you have the OCCULT module installed.

[11/25/16 02:40:17]Traceback (most recent call last):
    File ".\mc_occult.py", line 20, in <module>
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import
    ImportError: No module named 'mc_debug'

[11/25/16 02:40:18]Initializing MC Command Center...
    [11/25/16 02:41:13]Changed pregnancy tests for normal frequency

Deaderpool said the Occult things seem to be working fine. I haven't tested it here in the game yet. Got sidetracked. Again. Some nights are like that. LOL!

One bad side @Cyclelegs spotted, something about that error in Occult is causing MC log files to reset/overwrite when the game loads. I'd worry more about it, if I wasn't so obsessive about looking at my log whenever somebody walks 4 steps. :smiley:

It isn't anything to do with OUR settings, I've tried several things, and nothing helped other than taking the occult module out.

Pretty poor trade off, it'll be more fun to play with that part, and just know if you're a details hound (like me), you'll need to copy logs off elsewhere before they overwrite.

Knowledge is power, since it concerns logging, I wanted to let you know it could bork.

If anything else odd comes up, let us know. :)
    One more comment on people playing with the wrong game version and asking for help with MC... I know it isn't a big thing here, but at MC comments we see it a LOT.

So much that DP is now flying THIS on the front page there... y'reckon he's getting a little tired of seeing the same question? ;)

(I've already had one full-blown meltdown, over so many rerun posts... but, I'm way higher on the "neurotic" scale than he is, too.)
    Updated to 3.0.2. Change notes are posted down near the bottom of the download description
    3.0.2 is a HOTFIX release that affects multiple modules so it is being released as a full release and all modules should be redownloaded. It is not considered a minor release.
    You MUST have at least PC Version 1.24.112.1010 / Mac Version 1.24.112.1210 of the Sims 4 or this mod will NOT work!! Don't post on the forums with a lower version and ask why it's not working for you!! You've been told!! Right here!!! Top of the page!!!

He had a smiley up there at the end of it, but I think a >:) fits better. We all know I'm a DP fangirl... but you have to admit, he's got style. LOL!
    i don't know why but when i click the mc 302 folder its got nothing inside 301 still works
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2016
    I had this happen after removing the mouse holes using MCC
    11-25-16_5-12-50nbspPM_zps0ggzt8t0.pngit was still there after I closed my game took out the mods and shut down my computer, then I started my comp and restarted my game without the MCC without any mods,( MCC was the only one in my folder.) But it was still there.
    also while that was still there I went to another apartment with mice and tried the cheat again, it didn't work, they were still there.
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    omg there are 141 pages here and I don't know where to start...lol
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top