Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no toddlers pretty much confirmed

Comments

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    ... They could issue a statement to that effect assuming they were working on anything and assuming they wanted to and assuming they cared to quell at least part of the angst among their user base. ...

And assuming they didn't intend to release them for free, which is a possibility as far as we know

A Generations style pack is NOT going to be released for free- which is what I'm talking about, an EP but announcing it would go a long way toward calming people's fear regarding toddlers, which I do expect will be free and can not be talk about until that quarter.

They don't have to release a Generations style pack to release toddlers in a patch though. That's a potential scenario that is often mentionned on the forum but it's far from being the only one possible.

And I doubt the announcement of a Generations EP without any mention of whether toddlers would be included or not would calm people's fear actually, I think it would be quite the opposite !
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    edited October 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    How did you get "no" from that? They said that they couldn't answer the question. Any other interpretation than that is just reading into something that isn't there.

"you're lucky to even get updates" says nothing to you? As that sounds like a really condescending no to me.

Wat. Where did you even read that.

@Kiwicantdie probably from the interview in the article linked on the first post of the thread, it's not the exact wording, but that's pretty much what it mean.
    Post edited by MissCherie on
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    ... They could issue a statement to that effect assuming they were working on anything and assuming they wanted to and assuming they cared to quell at least part of the angst among their user base. ...

And assuming they didn't intend to release them for free, which is a possibility as far as we know

A Generations style pack is NOT going to be released for free- which is what I'm talking about, an EP but announcing it would go a long way toward calming people's fear regarding toddlers, which I do expect will be free and can not be talk about until that quarter.

They don't have to release a Generations style pack to release toddlers in a patch though. That's a potential scenario that is often mentionned on the forum but it's far from being the only one possible.

And I doubt the announcement of a Generations EP without any mention of whether toddlers would be included or not would calm people's fear actually, I think it would be quite the opposite !

(Shrug) At this point really, whatever. They're not going to do it and if the standard bearers here and elsewhere want to continuously defend the current course of action on a corporation's part that just leads to discourse then so be it but I'm not going to. I'm going to keep stating that they do have options when it comes to communication because they do.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited October 2016
    @JasonAnthonySterling Who on earth is the administration? How do you know how far up the chain the whole 'not being able to talk about future content' goes? Perhaps it goes all the way to the top.

It's basically been said that if they were coming they would be announced at such a point that it won't overshadow any other content.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    @mirta000 you've gone from defending the sims 4 to hating it? I remember when you used to tell me that it was so much better from the sims 3 etc now your hating it? What happened??

let's see - lack of content, censorship of suggestions, the whole scandal over influencers, worsening of limitation (hello relationship culling), a lot of things happened :I
    That and what I could excuse as "potential" slowly slipped away as time went on and they kept on releasing products that made me feel like they just didn't care enough.

Yeah I get what you mean, it's kinda sad really because many people from here have been through the same "loving/liking" it to "hating it and giving up" it too but have now left it because they just can't anymore and imo that says alot. I honestly think the sims 4 just needs to be scrapped now as it's causing too many problems for everyone imo and sure many people will say otherwise, but I feel like it's causing so many issues in our community like nobody can live in harmony because of the fact there's always an argument over something to do in the sims 4. I don't really remember any of this with the sims 3 though (other people might have but I didn't really even though some moaned about oh we had this in the sims 2 etc but you'll always have those people and you lose some you win some) but I just honestly think it's time to put the sims 4 to bed as it's just causing to many issues now and move on to the sims 5 which they could heavily involve the community in building a "perfect" game that works for everyone (if that's possible) and settle down things but yeah that's what I think anyway but sorry for the essay just felt the need to voice my thoughts.

There was a great deal of anger and disappointment over Sims 3. And no they should not just scrap it because of "issues" among those that prefer the other games. Believe it or not, the Sims community is much bigger than this forum which is dominated by former Sims 3 players. People such as myself and many others such as those found in the thread below left the forums after Sims 3 because we hated it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814780/a-trip-down-sim-memory-lane#latest

• Options
    Arletta wrote: »
    @JasonAnthonySterling Who on earth is the administration? How do you know how far up the chain the whole 'not being able to talk about future content' goes? Perhaps it goes all the way to the top.

It's basically been said that if they were coming they would be announced at such a point that it won't overshadow any other content.

So? Just because they've said something doesn't mean that they can't change it. I mean that has happened before- right, you remember that, right? It was a few months before the base game released. And it really doesn't matter where the decision came from which is why I left it vague. I'm not putting the blame on anyone specific BUT whoever did/does make the decisions can change them- right? Are you aware of some law that prevents a company from reversing itself on a previous statement or reversing policies? I'm not. Not overshadowing content? Yeah, okay so I guess when the Sims 5 is going to release they'll just wait until that quarter to tell us, you know that way it won't overshadow any other EA games and current Sims 4 content. That's a great idea and they should stick with it because that's the policy they've set forth. Sure.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2016
    Summerjase wrote: »
    What's with the constant, never-ending hype over toddlers? I feel like if EA were to give us toddlers, they would've already given us them when they gave us the base game.

Same hype and desire for pets, seasons or anything else. What is the hype of hearing/reading never-ending about it when the forum is full of desires for pets, seasons or supernaturals or whatever. Same difference.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    You know... I have gone back and forth on this so many times. I've written posts on these forums that I thought toddlers were coming. And I've written posts where I said I don't think they're coming. Even in this very thread, I have commented that I was unsure!

I don't know exactly why, but somehow, reading those interview responses made me stop in my tracks. Already bought CL but that's my last dime to EA for the sims 4. They don't respect me as a player. They don't appreciate me as a fan. They think I'm plum. They think I'll buy their games anyway because I'm so plum. Well not anymore. What MIGHT make me return is a seasons expansion without crazy restrictions on it. Maybe. So that's probably more than a year away at the very least.

Talk to me when the Sims 5 is announced. Then we'll see. I'm going to keep an eye on the news and forums but that's about it (honestly it's what I mostly do anyway because playing the game frustrates me with its limitations).
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

So? Just because they've said something doesn't mean that they can't change it. I mean that has happened before- right, you remember that, right? It was a few months before the base game released. And it really doesn't matter where the decision came from which is why I left it vague. I'm not putting the blame on anyone specific BUT whoever did/does make the decisions can change them- right? Are you aware of some law that prevents a company from reversing itself on a previous statement or reversing policies? I'm not. Not overshadowing content? Yeah, okay so I guess when the Sims 5 is going to release they'll just wait until that quarter to tell us, you know that way it won't overshadow any other EA games and current Sims 4 content. That's a great idea and they should stick with it because that's the policy they've set forth. Sure.

I'm torn between a headdesk and a facepalm moment.

I didn't say they couldn't reverse any policy. Somebody somewhere makes folks sign contracts to the point that they can't talk. Nobody seems to know where that starts. It could go all the way to the top of the chain for all we know. Then that's more than company policy. Yes, I'm supposing it could be changed somewhere. I'm just highly doubting it would. There's no incentive to do so.

What on earth does Sims 5 have to do with anything? I certainly didn't mention it. I don't even believe it's on the horizon and it wasn't even a passing thought in my head, or in anything I said. IMO they announced TS4 too long before release, but that's a whole other conversation.

• Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    This isn't saying toddlers won't come. Not at all.
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    This isn't saying toddlers won't come. Not at all.

This isn't saying toddlers will come either.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    I think the reason we don't have toddlers is because EA can't get anywhere with toddlers if they make toddlers it would mean more animations and EA " Got no time for that".

And they would have to make new a new functions for toddlers to play with children to elders and furniture.
  • Options
    I signed up to get news for TS4 and I haven't gotten any surveys or anything not even a useless reminder.
  • Options
    Summerjase wrote: »
    What's with the constant, never-ending hype over toddlers? I feel like if EA were to give us toddlers, they would've already given us them when they gave us the base game.

LMAFOOOO!

No they wouldn't because before the base game was developed people didn't really care for toddlers at the time we were just happy that TS4 was out because it's just so different from TS3, but it's been two years and we're getting annoyed from the little change TS4 has gone through in two years compared to TS3.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Earlier they told us about the next basegame 12 to 15 months before it was released. If they still do that then the Sims 5 should most likely be announced some time in 2018 even though they probably already are starting to develop it now.

But I am not sure anymore. The Sims 4 was announced in May 2013 and released in September 2014. But it could be bought in third party stores too and EA usually announce games later if they only can be bought as digital downloads from Origin. So maybe the Sims 5 will be announced early in 2019 and then released later in 2019. Who knows?

Anyway I still think that EA will deny toddlers for the Sims 4 at some time but then prefer to soften this message by telling us at the same time that toddlers will return in the Sims 5. The question only is if EA can wait that long to say anything?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    DecafHigh wrote: »

I thought this was pretty much well known. The only official comment we really have on toddlers is that "leaving them out was the best decision they ever made", and that was quite a long while ago. I know there is a large number of folks holding out hope, but honestly I've never seen any indication the dev team is the least bit interested in adding them. After two years and no news on them at all I find it more surprising that folks still think there is a chance of them being added at some point.

That's a misquote -- the quote IIRC was that leaving out toddlers "was the best decision at that time", meaning that they chose to focus on other aspects of the base game first. Apparently Rachel Franklin, the source of that quote (who is no longer with The Sims) underestimated the passion of the community for toddlers. And I do think that we'll be getting them at some point.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DecafHigh wrote: »

I thought this was pretty much well known. The only official comment we really have on toddlers is that "leaving them out was the best decision they ever made", and that was quite a long while ago. I know there is a large number of folks holding out hope, but honestly I've never seen any indication the dev team is the least bit interested in adding them. After two years and no news on them at all I find it more surprising that folks still think there is a chance of them being added at some point.

That's a misquote -- the quote IIRC was that leaving out toddlers "was the best decision at that time", meaning that they chose to focus on other aspects of the base game first. Apparently Rachel Franklin, the source of that quote (who is no longer with The Sims) underestimated the passion of the community for toddlers. And I do think that we'll be getting them at some point.
    I believe that Rachel Franklin was misunderstood when she said that and alas she was never asked why she saw that as such a good decision. But the problem probably was that they had run out of time and that EA didn't want to increase the budget or postpone the Sims 4 for many months. So she probably saw the omission of toddlers as a very good decision because the alternatives would have been much worse. Should they have omitted adults or children instead? Should they have told EA that the game had to be postponed for many months and then maybe have let EA close Maxis down?

The answer to such questions would obviously have been no. So I am sure that Rachel Franklin just saw the omission of toddlers and a lesser evil than the alternatives.

Still it was a decision that the developers never got a chance to change later because EA never game them money to add toddlers later and I believe that EA still won't even though the developers probably still are attempting to find a way to add toddlers. I just don't think that this will ever happen anyway because toddlers would have been released many months ago if there was a way. Now I am quite sure that EA will prefer just to let toddlers return in TS5 instead.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Just play the predecessors, you'll fine more enjoyment in those because they had a team and was ran by people who actually cared about their audience.

Actually, I finally got all my Sims 2 discs loaded onto Windows 8 ( what a chore figuring that out) and I am loving it. I never realized how rich that game was. My sims baked Christmas cookies and Santa visited and drove my male sim nuts with his ho ho hoing all over the house then we threw a New Years eve party and all guests ended up on the corner of the block outside banging pots and pans and swirling a noise maker while Father Time did his thing and then poof, father time evaporated into the New Years Eve baby doing his little dance. How fun is that?

I also am playing Sims 3 as well. I love roaming all over the open worlds and discovering the beauty and activities that abound.

I play Sims 4 for about fifteen minutes and that is all I can take. I don't know why. I am still trying to figure out what is wrong. Can somebody help me in this department?
  • Options

I'm torn between a headdesk and a facepalm moment.

I didn't say they couldn't reverse any policy. Somebody somewhere makes folks sign contracts to the point that they can't talk. Nobody seems to know where that starts. It could go all the way to the top of the chain for all we know. Then that's more than company policy. Yes, I'm supposing it could be changed somewhere. I'm just highly doubting it would. There's no incentive to do so.

What on earth does Sims 5 have to do with anything? I certainly didn't mention it. I don't even believe it's on the horizon and it wasn't even a passing thought in my head, or in anything I said. IMO they announced TS4 too long before release, but that's a whole other conversation.

Baby%20yawning_zpsfvkajooi.gif

First: If a policy governing a division of a company goes all the way to the top of the company- then it's "more" than a company policy? Okay. I missed that in my business courses in college- thanks.

Second: Well, (cough) doesn't get sarcasm (cough), The Sims 5 has nothing to do with it I guess. It has nothing to do with anything.

Third: Have fun making your inevitable next post on this issue on this topic but this is my last post on this issue on this topic. I'm going to go take some pills. My head hurts from the wall.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited October 2016
    This lead to 2 possibles answer:
    1) Toddler are future content so they can't talk about it, but we'll get them sooner or later (later is more probable)
    2) We'll never have any Toddler in the game but they are not gonna say it because they'll lose customers (and they'll have to face a very angry crowd )

And for the "confuse the player", Wait what ? do they think all of us are 5 years old player ?

Sometime with the sims 4 i feel like i'm on the 5 stages of grief and loss.
    Post edited by lulubadwolf on
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,618 Member
    How long does TS4 have? 2 more years?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Goodywood wrote: »
    How long does TS4 have? 2 more years?
    Probably. Or maybe more likely 2.5 years. I would expect TS5 to be announced some time in 2018 and released in the summer or autumn of 2019. So it should be at most 3 years away. But the last big expansion for TS4 will probably be released some months before that even though the last TS4 SP could be closer to the release of TS5.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    well, I've given up hope, it's been 2yrs now, I seriously don't think my darling toddlers are coming back and IF one day they'll return, I really hope the devs know how to create them as another lifestage and not some object like with the babies attached to the crib! :(
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2016
    aU1tqi6.png

I guarantee you, this is not a yes. This is pretty much a straight up no.
    http://simscommunity.info/2016/10/24/the-sims-4-city-living-dotsim-interviews-simgurugrant/

To me this reads more like:

"The Sims is not your typical game franchise that maybe gets one expansion halfway through it's lifespan and is then abandoned for the next version. The Sims keeps adding content up until a new version releases. It's only 2 years in"

Or as @SimGuruDrake / @SimGuruTrev says... Please be patient. These things take time. It's not over yet, nor for a while.
  • Options
    DuvernoyLysisDuvernoyLysis Posts: 28 Member
    @EmmaVane, I think you are true, and that's the only way to understand that.

the devs can't be so condescendent with customers, that wouldn't be professional.

I think when someone see something wrong with what the devs say, it's only their own understanding...

The devs talk only to tell good with the game and certainly not for being hated by all the people...