Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no toddlers pretty much confirmed

Comments

• Options
    DuvernoyLysisDuvernoyLysis Posts: 28 Member
    I think it's "patronizing", and not "condescendent"... Sorry, I'm french...
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Gardening wrote: »
    Summerjase wrote: »
    What's with the constant, never-ending hype over toddlers? I feel like if EA were to give us toddlers, they would've already given us them when they gave us the base game.

LMAFOOOO!

No they wouldn't because before the base game was developed people didn't really care for toddlers at the time we were just happy that TS4 was out because it's just so different from TS3, but it's been two years and we're getting annoyed from the little change TS4 has gone through in two years compared to TS3.

Please don't cry your eyes out because of missing toddlers. Imagine the smashing headlines, when they announce The sims 5: NOW WITH TODDLERS!
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    THE TODDLER IS A UNIQUE PIECE OF ART.

UNIQUE = ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND. BOTTOM LINE YALL!
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I don't remember any new life stages added to any of ts2 or ts3 after their release. I don't know about ts1. But, given that ts4 is an abridged version of all other earlier iterations and all of its expansions just screams "limited platform and low resource allocation" ... plus it's been two long years after initial release with a corresponding decreased probability for profit for any increased complicated finagling of the game's core playstyle... so you guys must know deep down, no matter what your poor whispering hopes tell you, that toddlers aren't coming.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    IT'S A UNIQUE PIECE OF ART ONCE AGAIN... DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE EDGE IT ON...

" UNIQUE, PIECE, OF, ART."
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    How did you get "no" from that? They said that they couldn't answer the question. Any other interpretation than that is just reading into something that isn't there.

"you're lucky to even get updates" says nothing to you? As that sounds like a really condescending no to me.

Where does it say you're lucky to even get updates? And if he's referring to the fact that we get updates to the game every month, which not many other games do, especially with trying to add "new content" with each one, then yes, I would say that we are lucky to even get updates, especially since last time around they only came out with a pack.

No offense but there are definitely other games that regularly update their content.

And let's not forget that some of the biggest stuff they patch in - lot traits aside - like pools & nannies used to be base game. It'd be pretty sad if two years in they hadn't even managed to add basic pools.

No it doesn't say no. But when they can say "oh well cars yeah, we think about them, they're great fun, yada yada" and to this all we ever get is "erm look ... erm .. well ... I can't say anything but ... oh look PATCHES!!!!!", I just want to p**** someone ....

Are they really too scared to come out and say it already? "No toddlers, dudes" instead of always, always, always giving us these meaningless answers? And the "ooopsidooopy that's future content, no-go" response when they oh so clearly drop "hints" (more like giant signposts but who cares) for free lot traits & the famazing day of the dead festival? When they can say "we like cars" why can't they say "we like toddlers?".

At some point it's just been enough. They haven't started working on this yesterday. They were either coming, or not. And then these ridiculous patch notes at the end of the last quarter "hmmm ... something we can't talk about is coming ... hmmmmm exciting" - knowing full well (I don't care what some people have to say to that, because we've had these conversations with them) that the number 1 thing they can't talk about, according to their own words, is toddlers. But then of course ... being surprised that we could possibly think they're coming lol.

Of course they're not coming. And if they add them 1 year before the end of TS4, they can darn well keep them.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    aU1tqi6.png

I guarantee you, this is not a yes. This is pretty much a straight up no.
    http://simscommunity.info/2016/10/24/the-sims-4-city-living-dotsim-interviews-simgurugrant/

To me this reads more like:

"The Sims is not your typical game franchise that maybe gets one expansion halfway through it's lifespan and is then abandoned for the next version. The Sims keeps adding content up until a new version releases. It's only 2 years in"

Or as @SimGuruDrake / @SimGuruTrev says... Please be patient. These things take time. It's not over yet, nor for a while.

Which is how the game has operated since it's introduction.

The term 'future content' is great because it has multiple meanings. It can mean future content that's in development, or is planned to be developed at some point.

However, the statement also covers content that will never find its way into the game. Obviously this information isn't known too far in advance, but it's a reality that all content labeled 'future content' faces. Just because they can't talk about toddlers doesn't mean they are in development - it just means they are put on the same list as terrain tools, functional apartments, seasons, pets, etc etc etc (the list goes on and on)

With the more recent comments where they emphasize staying within their budget (over an elevator animation) it doesn't fill me with much confidence that this list will ever get smaller, and that's sad because a lot of it should have been in the base game.
  • Options
    LBDXLBDX Posts: 382 Member
    aU1tqi6.png

http://simscommunity.info/2016/10/24/the-sims-4-city-living-dotsim-interviews-simgurugrant/

This doesn't sound like a straight up no, it sounds like they can't talk about it. That's pretty much how it has been since the beginning, this seems no different.
    I don't think this can really be construed as any sort of 'confirmation' that we won't get them.
    CyXin77.gif
    American in Canada. Spoon rest enthusiast.
    Origin ID: texeganjane
    How to fix miscellaneous bugs in your Sims 4 game, here!
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited January 2017
    deleted by poster
    Post edited by Stdlr9 on
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2016
    LBDX wrote: »
    aU1tqi6.png

This doesn't sound like a straight up no, it sounds like they can't talk about it. That's pretty much how it has been since the beginning, this seems no different.
    I don't think this can really be construed as any sort of 'confirmation' that we won't get them.

Seriously? Well they had no issue telling us we could not have CASt and a few other things but they cannot answer about toddlers?

They can't answer because they are scared we will give up hanging around waiting for them - because most likely the answer is no - and they don't dare tell us. They pick and choose what they want to talk about - that is obvious and the answer we keep getting is a NO answer without actually saying it. This is base game content and OVER 2 years has passed and no change in their answer. You seriously really believe that isn't a no that they are obviously not wanting to tell us. It's too hard and too time consuming and they know it. They are hoping we will eventually like Sims 4 enough to get past it - I feel that in my bones - It is the no answer they seem to feel is the lesser of two evil - of course it is a NO.

I have the same feeling over pets. generations, Uni, Supernaturals. and true seasons as well. They just keep people hanging on - and at most you get answers like - there is no reason we can't have this or that - but those thing just never come. They just want 5 years of your money without delivering what we want. So don't expect an answer. But think of it - Sims 4 is over half way through it's development - they do not usually deliver any more eps the last 6 months and with them saying just 1 ep a year - there is at most 2 more eps. Do you actually think in 2 eps they can deliver all the things people are asking for? No they are going to keep on track trying to deliver all new - never before had stuff with just tidbits of the old kind of stuff even though we all ask for new versions of the tried and true we all loved. With 1 ep a year how will they give us any of those and still do their all different direction vision? They won't. They know where they are going and have probably gotten the basis for all the eps laid out and started - and they will keep the true answers to our question to themselves.

ETA - When they talk budget - they are not talking money budget - but they are talking manpower hour budgets for the programmers and engineers. The things we ask for takes a lot of those hours as they are the most complex and time consuming for the programmers, engineers, and animators.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I don't remember any new life stages added to any of ts2 or ts3 after their release. I don't know about ts1. But, given that ts4 is an abridged version of all other earlier iterations and all of its expansions just screams "limited platform and low resource allocation" ... plus it's been two long years after initial release with a corresponding decreased probability for profit for any increased complicated finagling of the game's core playstyle... so you guys must know deep down, no matter what your poor whispering hopes tell you, that toddlers aren't coming.

Young Adults came with University pack in S2 you can only play YA in a University town. But from what I remember of them, they wouldn't have been as labour intensive to include into the game as Toddlers would be, as they worked off the adult interactions. There were also physical differences between the YA & A groups but nothing major.

Personally all this secrecy hasn't played well with me and hasn't left me hopeful for the franchise. I feel like it is an unwanted child to EA & they doing their best to get rid of it. I don't think Toddlers will be coming (or anything really meaningful). It would be a pleasant surprise if they do, because that will mean that they are actually hearing us.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2016
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    They pick and choose what they want to talk about

Yes. Even if they deny it, they can be surprisingly open about some things while remaining guarded and secretive about others.
    They just keep people hanging on - and at most you get answers like - there is no reason we can't have this or that - but those thing just never come.

Every time they say that I already know something's up lol. You know how they always say that one of the biggest signs someone's concealing the truth is that never actually deny your accusations?

I have very little hope for real seasons. I mean if they tell us already now that the worlds are made in such a way that we'll never have the ability to swim in any of them (outside of our pools of course), then how on earth can they code weather into them? Supernaturals I guess would be possible, although with the utter lack of shops and stuff, and the limited space in worlds, I wonder whether we'd get things like the alchemist shop or, idk, broom riding spots again. Plus, it's not like these worlds have all that much room to add festivals, or ranges, or pet shops, etc. - which sometimes makes me worry about the possible execution of a pets EP as well. If they come, can I own a pet store? Will they even exist, or will it be an order-by-phone thing? I'd also find it difficult to make one of my dark, black cat owning, technophobe witch families seem realistic to me when they're surrounded by angry poops and people jogging past my house all day. But that's a personal issue lol. I mean ... all these things might very well come one day, in TS2-style, but will they really be on par with what we've come to expect and love? Or what we actually should be expecting in 2016? Will they just be watered down like most of the rest? Or take out features we love to give us something "new" and "exciting" when a lot of us just want the improved version of the good old stuff? I don't know...

So no there is "no reason why we can't have it in the game", but the fact that they don't say "Sims will be sims so of course you're gonna see a lot of your old beloved EPs return", in a way, says enough (and oddly, other franchises can somehow still say things like that and reassure their fans ... sometimes, this whole revenue recognition law stuff just feels like a cheap excuse to me that they only so strictly adhere to when they're being asked questions they just don't want to answer).
    But think of it - Sims 4 is over half way through it's development

Let's hope so. :D
    - they do not usually deliver any more eps the last 6 months and with them saying just 1 ep a year - there is at most 2 more eps. Do you actually think in 2 eps they can deliver all the things people are asking for? No they are going to keep on track

Yeah keep thinking this as well. I also don't think we'll see much more than 3 other EPs either .. But there are still GPs of course, though I don't know ... I guess we'll have to see if those may help take the edge off ... uch ;)

ETA: to make it understandable - I was a bit distracted :D

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I don't think it means no.
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    I don't think it means no.

I do.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Just want to throw something out there, let's say we do get toddlers, can you imagine how limited they could be? We got the ability to run our own stores and that was limited, we got restaurants but limited to only being the manager and now we're getting apartments and that's limited to only the new city world.

This kind of situation calls for the cliche "Be careful what you wish for", because even if it's a yes to toddlers I can assure you there will be limitations and the people holding on to the hope that toddlers will return will most likely be happy for 10 minutes and then voice about how limited toddlers really are.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Just want to throw something out there, let's say we do get toddlers, can you imagine how limited they could be? We got the ability to run our own stores and that was limited, we got restaurants but limited to only being the manager and now we're getting apartments and that's limited to only the new city world.

This kind of situation calls for the cliche "Be careful what you wish for", because even if it's a yes to toddlers I can assure you there will be limitations and the people holding on to the hope that toddlers will return will most likely be happy for 10 minutes and then voice about how limited toddlers really are.

So true. It has been a serious worry for me too.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    This isn't saying toddlers won't come. Not at all.

This isn't saying toddlers will come either.

And? The title of the thread says no toddlers pretty much confirmed.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    How did you get "no" from that? They said that they couldn't answer the question. Any other interpretation than that is just reading into something that isn't there.

c'mon..its been two years and they still can't give us an answer on toddlers? Read between the lines man, the answer is obviously no- we're not getting them. They should have been in the game since day one.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    What's with the constant, never-ending hype over toddlers? I feel like if EA were to give us toddlers, they would've already given us them when they gave us the base game.

LMAFOOOO!

No they wouldn't because before the base game was developed people didn't really care for toddlers at the time we were just happy that TS4 was out because it's just so different from TS3, but it's been two years and we're getting annoyed from the little change TS4 has gone through in two years compared to TS3.

Please don't cry your eyes out because of missing toddlers. Imagine the smashing headlines, when they announce The sims 5: NOW WITH TODDLERS!

April 1st, right?
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    The person who wrote that article knows nothing more than we know.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited October 2016

LMAFOOOO!

April 1st, right?
    They won't announce TS5 that way. But maybe something like "The Sims 5 will fulfill many of the wishes which our fans have written in the forum. It has completely new gameplay too and will also again have an open world and family play with toddlers."

What I really would like them to add to this is "The Sims 5 will be targeted more at high end computers than any of the earlier Sims games ever was." It would make sense because then EA could still sell TS4 to people who only had a cheap computer. But it is probably still too optimistic to hope for ;)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    What you are reading about the constant hype about adding toddlers is a common constant pressure about getting toddlers added to the game by the Sims community at large. This kind of reaction from fans has been going on since Sims 1.

I'd love to see toddlers, don't worry, but seriously, why are we never happy with what we have? There's always something we're demanding. The game is never enough.
    Why are we never happy with what we have? Because some of us refuse to be happy with what we have, that's why.
    Or many players are missing base game features that are needed for their playstyle why should we happy with what we have when what we have is so basic rushed missing and incomplete.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Is CAST possible - "No"
    Are toddlers possible - ".. no comment"

They were so easy to answer yet now it's a huge problem. I'm not buying that excuse. Not to mention, i'm not buying anything until they are honest. Bye bye Sims 4.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    @mirta000 you've gone from defending the sims 4 to hating it? I remember when you used to tell me that it was so much better from the sims 3 etc now your hating it? What happened??

When it first came out I wanted to like and defend it too, that was about 2 years ago... I don't "hate" the game, I like it for what it could be but EA ruined it.
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Just play the predecessors, you'll fine more enjoyment in those because they had a team and was ran by people who actually cared about their audience.

I agree with the top part of that, I have the sims 4, I wanted to remain hopeful but I've pretty much lost all hope so I find myself playing the sims 2, 3, and castaway stories more.