Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no toddlers pretty much confirmed

Comments

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited October 2016
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    @mirta000 you've gone from defending the sims 4 to hating it? I remember when you used to tell me that it was so much better from the sims 3 etc now your hating it? What happened??

let's see - lack of content, censorship of suggestions, the whole scandal over influencers, worsening of limitation (hello relationship culling), a lot of things happened :I
    That and what I could excuse as "potential" slowly slipped away as time went on and they kept on releasing products that made me feel like they just didn't care enough.
  • XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Just play the predecessors, you'll fine more enjoyment in those because they had a team and was ran by people who actually cared about their audience.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    That bit about functional cars and subways is pretty insulting. But it's pretty clear that a functional car, even as a loading screen, probably is not going to happen despite that one survey.

"Why The Sims 4 City Living doesn’t come with functional subways and cars?

Producers don’t want to make us confused by adding new ways of traveling to the game. The addition of the subway could make it difficult to players, which is why it was decided not to add it to the game. In The Sims 4 travel system is to select the appropriate interaction and choose the place on the map. The creators don’t want us to lose our way in a number of options."

Fair arguments, but considering the way this game is laid out, it sounds like what you are asking for is animtations that would serve only to add extra realism to the game at the expense of adding extra time to get from point A to point B.

Toddlers, I'm with you...to me that seems like an inexcusable omission.
    Transportaion...not so much.

I didn't say anything about toddlers, did I? But it was the tone of the answer I found condescending. I don't know if having an animated loading screen would add more time than that awful white-with-a-plumbob. But I can't imagine that clicking on an object for transportation could really be THAT confusing for players.

OK I get you didn't like the answer, I found it a bit sketchy myself...but honestly if we can't have an open world, would the community better be served wirh working elevators and cars? Or toddlers?

I think that getting into a car and having it drive off the screen would be a bit less immersive breaking than the field-of-white that is currently there. But I can see technical difficulties with it being a car seeing as you have to go to a map screen first. Actually, thinking about the way travel is set up, it would be a mess since you really can't just select a destination from a list I suppose.

Still, "confusing to players" seems like an insult to our intelligence for the designers not being able to figure out a clean way to do it.

I hear you..
    I don't think he's a wordsmith, for sure.

I think the underlying message with regards to transportation is, given the way the game is laid out....there would be no practical way to implement those features in a way that would satisfy the majority of the fanbase....without causing other probelms that fans would be equally upset about.

• lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Just play the predecessors, you'll fine more enjoyment in those because they had a team and was ran by people who actually cared about their audience.

You do realise that with each new iteration they don't fire then rehire a brand new team of people. There are people working on Sims 4 that had worked with the previous games.
    lovejess2 wrote: »

You do realise that with each new iteration they don't fire then rehire a brand new team of people. There are people working on Sims 4 that had worked with the previous games.

That herd must be getting pretty thin my friend. It's been 16 years, and no two titles have had the same Executive producer.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    What's with the constant, never-ending hype over toddlers? I feel like if EA were to give us toddlers, they would've already given us them when they gave us the base game.
    What you are reading about the constant hype about adding toddlers is a common constant pressure about getting toddlers added to the game by the Sims community at large. This kind of reaction from fans has been going on since Sims 1.

I'd love to see toddlers, don't worry, but seriously, why are we never happy with what we have? There's always something we're demanding. The game is never enough.
    Why are we never happy with what we have? Because some of us refuse to be happy with what we have, that's why.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    That make me laugh people that say that the Gurus cannot say it, they aren't allowed to, they could lose their job. No one is asking anyone to risk their job, they could just go see their boss and explain to them that customers are right and deserve an answer after waiting for more than two years.

If EA announced tomorrow that we will get toddlers eventually and to just be patient, who wold that hurt? No one, everyone would be happy and wait, people that gave up hopes of toddlers would come back and probably even buy the packs until they get the toddlers, but right now a lot of people get hurt and exploited, some just leave and the more EA wait the worse it will be in both cases (that we get them or not), cause let's say we get toddlers in a few years, people won't bother to come back after that much time, but if the game end in 5 years and that we didn't got toddlers and haven't be warned about not getting them the backlash will be way much worse than if tomorrow they was announcing us there won't be toddlers for the Sims 4.

But who would their boss be? The investors? Executives? Would they really care that much? Andrew Wilson? As a CEO, I'm sure he has more important things to work with and he wouldn't be able to spend much spare time with one request from one worker on one game in the entirety of EA.

And what would persuade them to change corporate policy, including on when to break the financial regulations governing publicly traded software companies? "We can't wait any more to hear about toddlers in a video game?" It's not very persuasive.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

SimGuruGrant said that he has been on the Sims team for 11 years now. He said that in the last CL live broadcast. And 11 years is quite a stretch.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited October 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    @mirta000 you've gone from defending the sims 4 to hating it? I remember when you used to tell me that it was so much better from the sims 3 etc now your hating it? What happened??

let's see - lack of content, censorship of suggestions, the whole scandal over influencers, worsening of limitation (hello relationship culling), a lot of things happened :I
    That and what I could excuse as "potential" slowly slipped away as time went on and they kept on releasing products that made me feel like they just didn't care enough.

Yeah I get what you mean, it's kinda sad really because many people from here have been through the same "loving/liking" it to "hating it and giving up" it too but have now left it because they just can't anymore and imo that says alot. I honestly think the sims 4 just needs to be scrapped now as it's causing too many problems for everyone imo and sure many people will say otherwise, but I feel like it's causing so many issues in our community like nobody can live in harmony because of the fact there's always an argument over something to do in the sims 4. I don't really remember any of this with the sims 3 though (other people might have but I didn't really even though some moaned about oh we had this in the sims 2 etc but you'll always have those people and you lose some you win some) but I just honestly think it's time to put the sims 4 to bed as it's just causing to many issues now and move on to the sims 5 which they could heavily involve the community in building a "perfect" game that works for everyone (if that's possible) and settle down things but yeah that's what I think anyway but sorry for the essay just felt the need to voice my thoughts.
    giphy_1.gif
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

SimGuruGrant said that he has been on the Sims team for 11 years now. He said that in the last CL live broadcast. And 11 years is quite a stretch.

It would mean he worked with Sims 2 and I doubt he would be the only one there that started with 2 as well.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    That make me laugh people that say that the Gurus cannot say it, they aren't allowed to, they could lose their job. No one is asking anyone to risk their job, they could just go see their boss and explain to them that customers are right and deserve an answer after waiting for more than two years.

If EA announced tomorrow that we will get toddlers eventually and to just be patient, who wold that hurt? No one, everyone would be happy and wait, people that gave up hopes of toddlers would come back and probably even buy the packs until they get the toddlers, but right now a lot of people get hurt and exploited, some just leave and the more EA wait the worse it will be in both cases (that we get them or not), cause let's say we get toddlers in a few years, people won't bother to come back after that much time, but if the game end in 5 years and that we didn't got toddlers and haven't be warned about not getting them the backlash will be way much worse than if tomorrow they was announcing us there won't be toddlers for the Sims 4.

But who would their boss be? The investors? Executives? Would they really care that much? Andrew Wilson? As a CEO, I'm sure he has more important things to work with and he wouldn't be able to spend much spare time with one request from one worker on one game in the entirety of EA.

So what you are pretty much saying is that when they say ''we are listening to you guys'' that's just plum? Gurus have no powers and people that does don't give a plum about us?

The SimGurus are listening to us. It's a matter of whether higher-ups would actually be willing to break company policy for one feature that, to them, doesn't really matter much. Gurus have power, yes, but that doesn't mean that they're able to wave a magic wand to convince the higher-ups to give them any passes.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png

It would mean he worked with Sims 2 and I doubt he would be the only one there that started with 2 as well.
    In fact I'm pretty certain that SimGuruGraham had worked on 2 as well, and Graham is still on the team as well that I know of.
    edited October 2016

A lot of the people who were there for TPM were there for the original, including George himself....
    ....no...that's not it...give me the hydrospanner...the hydrospanner B)

In fact I'm pretty certain that SimGuruGraham had worked on 2 as well, and Graham is still on the team as well that I know of.

So did Lyndsey and maybe trev
    giphy_1.gif
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    This is part of the New WORld Order they want to brain wash the young about having a family who ever heard of having a baby and then it grows up. IF you don't want kids in the game then why do you play the game is suppose to be about Life.

So did Lyndsey and maybe trev
    There are several other SimGurus that worked on Sims 2 besides Grant and maybe Graham that are on the team. By now they are probably senior producers.
    candy8 wrote: »
    This is part of the New WORld Order they want to brain wash the young about having a family who ever heard of having a baby and then it grows up. IF you don't want kids in the game then why do you play the game is suppose to be about Life.

Your looking wayyy to deep into it.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    I'm 99.9% sure that any of EA's staff can not legally go and yell from the mountains 'TODDLERS ARE COMING', also people want they're jobs haha
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited October 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    aU1tqi6.png

I guarantee you, this is not a yes. This is pretty much a straight up no.
    http://simscommunity.info/2016/10/24/the-sims-4-city-living-dotsim-interviews-simgurugrant/

I agree. But the following tells the main reason even though it is an answer to another question:

Why The Sims 4 City life does not come with elevator animation?

All options must fit within a specific budget for the production. It was decided not to create animations for getting on and off the elevator, so that the developers could get other animations in the game.[/b]

Toddlers won't be given in a free update because they would be way too expensive to add in such an update and therefore couldn't fit within "the specific budget" for such a production.

But to instead put toddlers in a GP or an EP would require permission from EA who wouldn't give such a permission because toddlers couldn't be used in EA's advertising. EA just doesn't believe in an advertising like "Now the Sims 4 for the first time will also get toddlers and therefore have most of the content from the Sims 3 too!" because that would just be to admit that the Sims 4 until now has been inferior to the Sims 3 (and even to the Sims 2) which is something that EA never will admit.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Well I certainly hope they bring toddlers to TS4. I happen to think they will because of the hints in Dine Out and such, also they had the survey some time ago too.
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Toddlers now!
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Here's some.

Screenshot-1635.jpg

Screenshot-2780.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2016
    What's with the constant, never-ending hype over toddlers? I feel like if EA were to give us toddlers, they would've already given us them when they gave us the base game.

So you are saying when they stickied a thread on what we would like to see in the way of toddlers for what a good 8 months was just what - throwing it in our faces to share with them our wishes - or just so they could laugh in out faces with so many simmers posting in that thread. What was that - just a sham. What ever it was it was shamefully cruel if that was done just at our expense to give us further false hope this whole past year for toddlers and to see so many - MANY posts from simmers with no intention of following up on any of it? Really - what was that for?

No they gave tons of us renewed hope and expectations - so much so people who had quit the Sims 4 actually came back and started buying assuming the toddler drought was over and they were coming. False pretenses if they just did that for no good reason but to bring back all the simmers that left.

ETA - It is still here even - this thread which was stickied on the General forum for months and months - in case you don't know what I am speaking of -

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880216/ideas-at-a-glance-for-toddlers/p1
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Still, "confusing to players" seems like an insult to our intelligence for the designers not being able to figure out a clean way to do it.

It's not the first time that someone at EA has insinuated that players of their games are "easily confused" if you want to use the polite terminology.
    Good old Rich Hilleman basically laid it all out when he was interviewed, saying that people find EA's games "too difficult to understand"
    Politeness aside, all I ( and others ) really take from either of those remarks in those interviews is "you players are dumb"
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2016

There are some on the team that worked with Sims 1 even, such as Lyndsay. There are others. Also Grant was there Sims 2 - then left for a year or so and then came back again. Grant is a Head dev by the way. Many of the team is very experienced with the Sims - they even recently brought back one of the other former team members as well.

Also if they say they can't talk about it - then it must be free content - as they have said many times they can actually talk about paid content when ever they want - they just choose not to in case things change during the developing.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....