Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no toddlers pretty much confirmed

aU1tqi6.png

I guarantee you, this is not a yes. This is pretty much a straight up no.
http://simscommunity.info/2016/10/24/the-sims-4-city-living-dotsim-interviews-simgurugrant/

Comments

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    How did you get "no" from that? They said that they couldn't answer the question. Any other interpretation than that is just reading into something that isn't there.

"you're lucky to even get updates" says nothing to you? As that sounds like a really condescending no to me.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Until SimGuru-namehere- actually says so, it's not a confirmation. It's what we commonly refer to as 'hearsay'. :p "Could not answer the question" is the opposite of confirmation even.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    no toddlers pretty much confirmed

I thought this was pretty much well known. The only official comment we really have on toddlers is that "leaving them out was the best decision they ever made", and that was quite a long while ago. I know there is a large number of folks holding out hope, but honestly I've never seen any indication the dev team is the least bit interested in adding them. After two years and no news on them at all I find it more surprising that folks still think there is a chance of them being added at some point.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    They can not comment on any contents beyond what was released or is confirmed to be released. So this is in noway a confirmation that there will never be toddlers in Sims 4.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I'm personally not getting my hopes up and will be pleasantly surprised if they do show up at some point. :)
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    How did you get "no" from that? They said that they couldn't answer the question. Any other interpretation than that is just reading into something that isn't there.

"you're lucky to even get updates" says nothing to you? As that sounds like a really condescending no to me.

Where does it say you're lucky to even get updates? And if he's referring to the fact that we get updates to the game every month, which not many other games do, especially with trying to add "new content" with each one, then yes, I would say that we are lucky to even get updates, especially since last time around they only came out with a pack.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    They can not comment on any contents beyond what was released or is confirmed to be released. So this is in noway a confirmation that there will never be toddlers in Sims 4.

I was actually looking for a direct quote myself...and I didm't see one on the link provided.
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    edited October 2016
    That make me laugh people that say that the Gurus cannot say it, they aren't allowed to, they could lose their job. No one is asking anyone to risk their job, they could just go see their boss and explain to them that customers are right and deserve an answer after waiting for more than two years.

If EA announced tomorrow that we will get toddlers eventually and to just be patient, who wold that hurt? No one, everyone would be happy and wait, people that gave up hopes of toddlers would come back and probably even buy the packs until they get the toddlers, but right now a lot of people get hurt and exploited, some just leave and the more EA wait the worse it will be in both cases (that we get them or not), cause let's say we get toddlers in a few years, people won't bother to come back after that much time, but if the game end in 5 years and that we didn't got toddlers and haven't be warned about not getting them the backlash will be way much worse than if tomorrow they was announcing us there won't be toddlers for the Sims 4.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    I also want to point out that SimGuruGrant has stated in the last live broadcast that he did with SimGuruRomeo on CL that they can't comment on any future content for the game. Grant also went on to say in that Live broadcast to do so would mean their job. Which in other words means that any SimGuru caught commenting on future contents for The Sims will be fired for doing so.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    That bit about functional cars and subways is pretty insulting. But it's pretty clear that a functional car, even as a loading screen, probably is not going to happen despite that one survey.

"Why The Sims 4 City Living doesn’t come with functional subways and cars?

Producers don’t want to make us confused by adding new ways of traveling to the game. The addition of the subway could make it difficult to players, which is why it was decided not to add it to the game. In The Sims 4 travel system is to select the appropriate interaction and choose the place on the map. The creators don’t want us to lose our way in a number of options."
  • Options
    Uzone27 wrote: »

I was actually looking for a direct quote myself...and I didm't see one on the link provided.
    You'll likely won't find a direct quote on this from any SimGuru because they all want to keep their job at Maxis.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    That make me laugh people that say that the Gurus cannot say it, they aren't allowed to, they could lose their job. No one is asking anyone to risk their job, they could just go see their boss and explain to them that customers are right and deserve an answer after waiting for more than two years.

If EA announced tomorrow that we will get toddlers eventually and to just be patient, who wold that hurt? No one, everyone would be happy and wait, people that gave up hopes of toddlers would come back and probably even buy the packs until they get the toddlers, but right now a lot of people get hurt and exploited, some just leave and the more EA wait the worse it will be in both cases (that we get them or not), cause let's say we get toddlers in a few years, people won't bother to come back after that much time, but if the game end in 5 years and that we didn't got toddlers and haven't be warned about not getting them the backlash will be way much worse than if tomorrow they was announcing us there won't be toddlers for the Sims 4.

But who would their boss be? The investors? Executives? Would they really care that much? Andrew Wilson? As a CEO, I'm sure he has more important things to work with and he wouldn't be able to spend much spare time with one request from one worker on one game in the entirety of EA.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    What's with the constant, never-ending hype over toddlers? I feel like if EA were to give us toddlers, they would've already given us them when they gave us the base game.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Felicity wrote: »
    That bit about functional cars and subways is pretty insulting. But it's pretty clear that a functional car, even as a loading screen, probably is not going to happen despite that one survey.

Producers don’t want to make us confused by adding new ways of traveling to the game. The addition of the subway could make it difficult to players, which is why it was decided not to add it to the game. In The Sims 4 travel system is to select the appropriate interaction and choose the place on the map. The creators don’t want us to lose our way in a number of options."

Fair arguments, but considering the way this game is laid out, it sounds like what you are asking for is animtations that would serve only to add extra realism to the game at the expense of adding extra time to get from point A to point B.

Toddlers, I'm with you...to me that seems like an inexcusable omission.
    Transportaion?...not so much.
  • Options

Fair arguments, but considering the way this game is laid out, it sounds like what you are asking for is animtations that would serve only to add extra realism to the game at the expense of adding extra time to get from point A to point B.

Transportaion...not so much.

I didn't say anything about toddlers, did I? But it was the tone of the answer I found condescending. I don't know if having an animated loading screen would add more time than that awful white-with-a-plumbob. But I can't imagine that clicking on an object for transportation could really be THAT confusing for players.
  • Options
    Summerjase wrote: »
    What's with the constant, never-ending hype over toddlers? I feel like if EA were to give us toddlers, they would've already given us them when they gave us the base game.
    What you are reading about the constant hype about adding toddlers is a common constant pressure about getting toddlers added to the game by the Sims community at large. This kind of reaction from fans has been going on since Sims 1.
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    What you are reading about the constant hype about adding toddlers is a common constant pressure about getting toddlers added to the game by the Sims community at large. This kind of reaction from fans has been going on since Sims 1.

I'd love to see toddlers, don't worry, but seriously, why are we never happy with what we have? There's always something we're demanding. The game is never enough.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »

But who would their boss be? The investors? Executives? Would they really care that much? Andrew Wilson? As a CEO, I'm sure he has more important things to work with and he wouldn't be able to spend much spare time with one request from one worker on one game in the entirety of EA.

So what you are pretty much saying is that when they say ''we are listening to you guys'' that's just 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Gurus have no powers and people that does don't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about us?
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I didn't say anything about toddlers, did I? But it was the tone of the answer I found condescending. I don't know if having an animated loading screen would add more time than that awful white-with-a-plumbob. But I can't imagine that clicking on an object for transportation could really be THAT confusing for players.

OK I get you didn't like the answer, I found it a bit sketchy myself...but honestly if we can't have an open world, would the community better be served wirh working elevators and cars? Or toddlers?
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    The original surveys had one about generations and toddlers and pre-teens were explicitly mentioned in the survey so why all the confusion about whether they want to add them or if they can add them, apparently, they can because they put out what the supposed generations pack would look like and they apparently would like to add them if people answered the survey and showed interest.
  • Options

OK I get you didn't like the answer, I found it a bit sketchy myself...but honestly if we can't have an open world, would the community better be served wirh working elevators and cars? Or toddlers?

I think that getting into a car and having it drive off the screen would be a bit less immersive breaking than the field-of-white that is currently there. But I can see technical difficulties with it being a car seeing as you have to go to a map screen first. Actually, thinking about the way travel is set up, it would be a mess since you really can't just select a destination from a list I suppose.

Still, "confusing to players" seems like an insult to our intelligence for the designers not being able to figure out a clean way to do it.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited October 2016
    The original surveys had one about generations and toddlers and pre-teens were explicitly mentioned in the survey so why all the confusion about whether they want to add them or if they can add them, apparently, they can because they put out what the supposed generations pack would look like and they apparently would like to add them if people answered the survey and showed interest.

the right question here would be "what survey?", EA surveys only select few individuals and not community as a whole. It is never an open survey. As a customer I have never received a survey from them, nor did I ever see them post an open one on facebook, twitter or the forums.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I would take the surveys with a grain of salt now regardless. We had one talking about adding cars and being able to fix them up and now here they are saying that cars would be too confusing, so something's changed. Who knows what their ideas are for toddlers/pre-teens now.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    @mirta000 you've gone from defending the sims 4 to hating it? I remember when you used to tell me that it was so much better from the sims 3 etc now your hating it? What happened??
    giphy_1.gif