Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Breaking up a marriage of 15 years (I uninstalled the game, it hurts)

Comments

• Options
    kwc1994xkwc1994x Posts: 28 New Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Oh no - why do I think being asked if i'm this Jarsie person is a bad thing?

^shrug^ I probably shouldn't have gone there, this thread is already devolving into a flame war. :/

Don't worry about it - I'm just so confused :'). I have no idea who Jarsie is that's all :). And don't worry about it if it's not a good thing (or it could be, no idea) just don't worry about offending me or something :).
    Anyway, I am sorry to @Marieke020 if my post to you came across as rude (or was actually rude). If it did then I'm sorry. There was no need for it on my part. I just feel that if you like the game...then play it and enjoy it as much as you can, who cares what anyone else thinks? Have fun!
  • Options
    AngelAriesAngelAries Posts: 57 Member
    BTW: Superstar Expansion for TS1. Anyone remember that? I have never, ever seen its like since. And despite that being, still, my absolute favorite of all the Sim expansions, I will play TS4 until something better comes along.

OMG. o.o Emotions and Superstar. o.o That's a dream come true for me.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm just about at the point where I'm tired of complaining about the game (shoutout to my girlfriend @Xoxk9 for putting up with my constant complaining about the game) so I just play it when I have any bit of downtime from anything major I'm doing for the day.

TS4 isn't worth much of my time lately 'cuz it doesn't have that sweet spot that would usually keep me playing TS2 & TS3 for hours and accidentally skip breakfast, lunch and dinner for the day.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    kwc1994x wrote: »

^shrug^ I probably shouldn't have gone there, this thread is already devolving into a flame war. :/

Don't worry about it - I'm just so confused :'). I have no idea who Jarsie is that's all :). And don't worry about it if it's not a good thing (or it could be, no idea) just don't worry about offending me or something :).
    Anyway, I am sorry to @Marieke020 if my post to you came across as rude (or was actually rude). If it did then I'm sorry. There was no need for it on my part. I just feel that if you like the game...then play it and enjoy it as much as you can, who cares what anyone else thinks? Have fun!

No worries it's not a reflection on you at all, I just returned to the forums two days ago after being away for a number of years.
    I just reacted when I saw her name because she was one of the few Simmers out here I never really got along with.
  • Options

No worries it's not a reflection on you at all, I just returned to the forums two days ago after being away for a number of years.
    I just reacted when I saw her name because she was one of the few Simmers out here I never really got along with.

Ah I see - so I'm guessing she was a controversial Simmer back then or something? Riled a lot of people up? hahaha. Oh and welcome back to the forums then!! :)
  • Options

Ah I see - so I'm guessing she was a controversial Simmer back then or something? Riled a lot of people up? hahaha. Oh and welcome back to the forums then!! :)

I can only speak for myself (we should probably move on)
    Thanks for the welcome back!
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    My opinion? Being a part of the TS community is a journey, and with every journey it has to be seen positive when older guests leave your ship who finally arrived back home to take a rest - as long as the new passengers provide new experiences and the overall mood is fine it will continue to be a great ride.

Anyway: Why is this thread back in this forum section again?!
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options

Right okay then...moving on! lol
    I'm a recent member myself (although I've been playing The Sims since the first iteration when my older brother introduced it to me) and I'm sorry that this is one of the first things you see when you return! Seems to be happening a lot (not that I help really :') ) But hope you enjoy your time back!!
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    A bit too dramatic? Hope you have fun with other games tho....
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

I'm a recent member myself (although I've been playing The Sims since the first iteration when my older brother introduced it to me) and I'm sorry that this is one of the first things you see when you return! Seems to be happening a lot (not that I help really :') ) But hope you enjoy your time back!!

Thanks again....and Simmers arguing is just par for the course....been involved in plenty of flame threads myself over the years.

It's the OP' that broke my heart a little,
  • Options

Thanks again....and Simmers arguing is just par for the course....been involved in plenty of flame threads myself over the years.

Well, i'm sure it'll be an experience then!

Yeah, it's sad to see someone leave the game completely after loving and playing it for so long. Hope they rekindle their love for the game in the future no matter what version of the game it is (be it 1, 2, 3 or even 4) or if not, enjoy playing other games too!!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Marieke020 wrote: »
    I don't have the illusion that a developer will read this post. And I do not intend to start a discussion. I just felt the need to explain why I uninstalled the game.

This was a difficult thing for me to do. I play the Sims for 15 years and it used to be the only game that could keep me interested and I didn't even feel the need to try other games. I played it a lot and the game was an important part of my life.

Sims 4 changed this. For the very first time my love for the game faded. Instead I got disappointment upon disappointment, I got annoyed by it, stopped playing and now I reached the point that I lost all faith in improvement.
    In a marriage the only sensible thing left to do is breaking up.

So where did it go wrong?
    Well it feels a bit like the Sims went to plastic surgery for a younger look, but had to pay this with their soul.

Unlike others I don't think adding seasons, pets or toddlers would make the game a better game. It's the heart of the game that fails.

The game turned in a kind of interactive movie where you can influence the animations that are played on screen. As a player you can change the looks of the cast and the setting (in a very limited way) and then watch this repetitive cycle of animations in the order you choose. And then try to keep the illusion when a white screen appears when changing sets.

There is no real gameplay involved like in previous editions of the Sims.
    Well you can win awards for checking off boxes that say "play this animation 50 times".
    And a player can still collect things. But collecting things doesn't matter at all. You can display your collection for a different setting and that's it. When growing a perfect fruit doesn't influence your food or nectar, why bother.

I tried, really. I tried to challenge myself to get all achievements. Even the 100 generations one. This was a true torture. Until this day I wonder why I pushed myself to play while I was completely bored with what I was doing. Addiction maybe, for old times sake?

Fortunately I found an new love where I feel as passionate about as I used to be with the Sims (Minecraft) and I hope they can keep my attention for as long as 15 years.

Thank you Sims, for all those good years in the past, but it's time to go.

Eh, this is how a lot of people also described The Sims 3. It's just down to player preference.
    I think honestly, it's a little over-dramatic. What the Sims 4 does is really, by technical terms, no different to how the other games worked.

"The game turned in a kind of interactive movie where you can influence the animations that are played on screen. As a player you can change the looks of the cast and the setting (in a very limited way) and then watch this repetitive cycle of animations in the order you choose. And then try to keep the illusion when a white screen appears when changing sets."

For example, this could be applied to any Sims game. Especially Sims 2 & 3. While The Sims 4 has the most animations, The Sims 2 (and 3) often use the exact same animation over and over again.

Get your Sims to boost Charisma in a mirror, and they will do the exact same animation, over and over. Get your Sims in a hot tub, and they will do the exact same animation, over and over. There's really nothing The Sims 4 does here, that can't be said about every other Sims game in existence.

It's most likely, because this is your 4th game, you're tired of the formula. But have a soft spot with the previous games.

There is no real gameplay involved like in previous editions of the Sims.
    Well you can win awards for checking off boxes that say "play this animation 50 times".
    And a player can still collect things. But collecting things doesn't matter at all. You can display your collection for a different setting and that's it. When growing a perfect fruit doesn't influence your food or nectar, why bother.

Again, no different to any previous Sims game. The Sims 2 had you do the same thing over and over, to unlock items and tick the boxes. The Sims 3 was literally built around the Oppurtunity system as one of the major gameplay additions, and that is literally about;
    - Finding collectables (especially in World Adeventures)
    - Completing goals.

In short, everything you're saying here can be applied to any Sims game. There's really nothing here that your describing, that cannot be said as valid criticism for any other game.

ESPECIALLY, when it comes to Animations. Seeing as The Sims 4 has the most Animation variance of any game, the previous games were especially more repetitive. Sure, The Sims 2 had extra animations here and there, but for the everyday stuff, The Sims 4 may have 4 animations for the same interaction. The Sims 2 and 3 will have one, two at most.

It sounds like, in all honesty, you're just tired of the The Sims formula. Which is understandable after 15 years. But when it comes down to it,
    The Sims 4 HAS limitations. But other games also have plenty. I mean, I can't build most community lots from scratch in The Sims 3. I want to build MY OWN hospital. Can I? No. Police Station? No. I could go on. But I can do it all in 4.
    It just depends, honestly.

There's going to be people who disagree with you, and there's going to be people that agree. That said, most people who dislike 4, often have criticism that can be applied to any of the games.

A lot of my criticism for 3, can be applied to any Sims game also. But because The Sims 3 was literally a copy-paste of The Sims 2, with built on functionality. I too, was also tired of the formula.
    But a lot of people got used too the formula of The Sims 2/3, and when The Sims 4 started a new formula from scratch, that's also the second reason why people have veered off.

If The Sims 4 had been, yet again, another copy-paste job with some added functionality (maybe removed rabbit holes, with new expansion ideas), The Sims 4 would have been well received. But personally, that would have driven me away, because I was already sick of that formula and type of game.

Everyone's different, and everyone will perceive the game differently.

But at the end of it all, it doesn't have to do with "Well it feels a bit like the Sims went to plastic surgery for a younger look, but had to pay this with their soul.

Because I know PLENTY of people, who said The Sims 3 Sims were robotic and had no soul. And was all about the Sims looking like barbies/models.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Sims 4 isn't a result of plastic surgery, it's a result of it being a totally different formula and idea.
    The Sims 3 is literally a post-plastic surgery ideal of The Sims 2. Same engine, same animations, same concept. Just built up.
    And that worked.

But it wouldn't have worked a third time. But hardcore Sims 2/3 fans would have loved if 4 had the same engine as 2/3.

It's all perception.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »

I agree, time for you to move on. I don't really know why people such as you feel the need to post these things, but oh well. I gave up on Sims 3, but I didn't feel the need to make some long post about it. These type of posts only come down to one thing... Because you didn't like it, you want to insist that there is something wrong with it. I have played all the Sims games and I like 4 the best of them all. Does that make me right and you wrong? No, and you are not "right" either. I wonder why you pushed yourself as well, because I certainly let go of Sims 3 in a hurry.

As far as the food is concerned, better produce does make better food, so I don't know what you mean there. There is no nectar making at this time so... Also, for my farming sims better produce sells for more money. So those comments of yours don't really hold weight. All of the Sims games had repetitive actions. In Sims 2, having to read skill books all night in order to advance in careers drove me nuts, so I used a mod. In Sims 4 at least making painting, and filling business reports is more realist and more fun for me. I never was into "collecting" that was introduced in Sims 3. As far as I was concerned, if I wanted to play a role playing, collecting game I would. I found the gameplay in Sims 3 to be very lacking, wondering around in the open world with it's rabbit holes....boring! The few community lots empty... total fail! So you see there are different ways of looking at everything.

Thank you for your courage mentioning this with the risk of people calling you a sock puppet (which is totally disrepectful). You're absolutely right to wonder why people who quit playing feel the need to complain about the game and spoil it for those who like it.
    In my case it was an emotional thing. And I'm guilty at only pointing out things that I didn't like, while there certainly were aspects of the game I *did* like. For example I think clubrules added depth to the game.

I'm sorry but how does someone complaining about the game spoil it for those who do like it? You don't stop playing the game or feel the need to not play the game because *somebody else* doesn't like it. You play it because *you* like it or stop playing it because *you* don't. If you enjoy the game, then who cares what anyone else says? Just enjoy playing it as you always have.

Jarsie?

Sorry? What's Jarsie? I'm probably being incredibly plum right now :') But it's 12:47 past midnight here in England and I'm tired - my brain just wants to rest now hahaha :)

Nevermind, I thought you were someone I knew. Sorry.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options

Yeah, it's sad to see someone leave the game completely after loving and playing it for so long. Hope they rekindle their love for the game in the future no matter what version of the game it is (be it 1, 2, 3 or even 4) or if not, enjoy playing other games too!!

I'm sure your'e right,...and welcome to the forums! May the PlumbGods forever smile down upon you :)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member

I agree, time for you to move on. I don't really know why people such as you feel the need to post these things, but oh well. I gave up on Sims 3, but I didn't feel the need to make some long post about it. These type of posts only come down to one thing... Because you didn't like it, you want to insist that there is something wrong with it. I have played all the Sims games and I like 4 the best of them all. Does that make me right and you wrong? No, and you are not "right" either. I wonder why you pushed yourself as well, because I certainly let go of Sims 3 in a hurry.

As far as the food is concerned, better produce does make better food, so I don't know what you mean there. There is no nectar making at this time so... Also, for my farming sims better produce sells for more money. So those comments of yours don't really hold weight. All of the Sims games had repetitive actions. In Sims 2, having to read skill books all night in order to advance in careers drove me nuts, so I used a mod. In Sims 4 at least making painting, and filling business reports is more realist and more fun for me. I never was into "collecting" that was introduced in Sims 3. As far as I was concerned, if I wanted to play a role playing, collecting game I would. I found the gameplay in Sims 3 to be very lacking, wondering around in the open world with it's rabbit holes....boring! The few community lots empty... total fail! So you see there are different ways of looking at everything.

Thank you for your courage mentioning this with the risk of people calling you a sock puppet (which is totally disrepectful). You're absolutely right to wonder why people who quit playing feel the need to complain about the game and spoil it for those who like it.
    In my case it was an emotional thing. And I'm guilty at only pointing out things that I didn't like, while there certainly were aspects of the game I *did* like. For example I think clubrules added depth to the game.

I'm sorry but how does someone complaining about the game spoil it for those who do like it? You don't stop playing the game or feel the need to not play the game because *somebody else* doesn't like it. You play it because *you* like it or stop playing it because *you* don't. If you enjoy the game, then who cares what anyone else says? Just enjoy playing it as you always have.

Jarsie?

Sorry? What's Jarsie? I'm probably being incredibly plum right now :') But it's 12:47 past midnight here in England and I'm tired - my brain just wants to rest now hahaha :)

Haha I remember her! My arch nemesis! B)

Oh no, I liked her very much! She used to be a regular and also put people in their place. I miss her.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options

I'm sure your'e right,...and welcome to the forums! May the PlumbGods forever smile down upon you :)

Awwww thank you!! And the same to you too! :)
  • Options

Jarsie?

Haha I remember her! My arch nemesis! B)

Oh no, I liked her very much! She used to be a regular and also put people in their place. I miss her.

Ah right, I see!! I don't feel as confused now!! :') At first I was like 'What's a Jarsie?!' lol.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Right now I refuse to accept it as a sequel. I'm just that disappointed too.
    But it is a sequel it might not be what you wanted in the game but there are others that love the game like me. The appeal of the game is that its not a reboot of the rest of the series and I for one would have never moved on it the game hadn't been different. But I don't agree that seasons won't improve the game more I don't agree that its not as fun as the rest of the The Sims series because the content they have put out for it I have loved it makes the game interesting and still fun to play. I don't really care if toddlers ever come back because they are a useless stage like babies. My point is that everyone has their own opinion and mine is that TS4 has so far bypassed the rest of the games in the series because its better the sims act like they should there are tons of things for them to do already and it only gets better. This game is meant to have lots of EP GP and SP and uts not meant to stand alone without the extra content or it wouldn't be a true sims game. I never thought TS3 was good alone when it was the base game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited October 2016
    Deleted
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member

Doesn't bother me at all whenever someone slates ts3; I still end up playing my ts3 for hours and hours, lol. I'm addicted badly...
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited October 2016
    *crying screaming* :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'( IT AIN'T WORKING! IT AIN'T WORKINNNNNNNNG! *crying screaming* I really want Hip hop radio station so bad! THERE'S NO WAY HOW WEIRD THINGS HAPPEN IN SIMS 4 *crying screaming* NOW GOODBYE *playing flute sample of warp zone flute sound to vanished away*
  • Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Marieke020 I feel you. News, announcements and trailers won't even get me hyped anymore. There are all those colorful, cute new things that might be funny for a little while, but all I think is: "Okay." - while I'm waiting and hoping that there will be a The Sims™ 5 in the future.
    Post edited by EisbergsEnte on
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    I feel your pain. When i hear for this talking toilet i instantly start to think for... well, ea. Still, if you ignore and forget the past sims games, S4 its great experience.