Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Breaking up a marriage of 15 years (I uninstalled the game, it hurts)

Comments

• Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    What are you trying to say?
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    I'm trying to say, thank you f-for everything you know! You know one of you people find a user to substitute for asking Gurus a new radio stations!

• Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    MistyLake wrote: »
    I'm trying to say, thank you f-for everything you know! You know one of you people find a user to substitute for asking Gurus a new radio stations!

Ok.
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I understand OP. I haven't even been playing the series as long (I actually had to go back and try TS2 when I got into it), but TS4 has been pretty disappointing all around for me. There's parts of it I like and this new EP even looks okay, but I know ultimately it won't change anything in the core I dislike. "Emotions" that feel fake and far too easy to manipulate, excessive culling of sims and relationships, sims that don't react to anything, memories, traits that do hardly anything, lack of unique things for each life stage, and overall just being extremely easy and having no consequences for anything.

I just haven't touched TS4 and I'm back to TS3 and all sorts of other games as well. I've tried it again and again with new content but it just doesn't feel fun and I don't feel like I can play the game how I would like to. I hope TS5 will be like a greatest hits type of game and take the best features from each iteration...for now I like to observe where TS4 is going, even if I'm not playing it any more. Glad you've found something else to get into though, I play Minecraft myself here and there and having that amount of freedom and creativity to do whatever you want is amazing.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Why are you quitting tho?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Because I cannot stand The Sims 4 without any other features from the previous games of The Sims. That's not how it looks, it ain't working!

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

OP does not seem to have english as a first language. Due to the strange wording, I assumed he did something like google translate, then just copied it here.
    shadowicia wrote: »
    Not saying this is you OP but half the people who say they're done with the Sims 4 are the ones who rush on origin to preorder the new packs..This is a fact.

How do we know who preorders?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Not saying this is you OP but half the people who say they're done with the Sims 4 are the ones who rush on origin to preorder the new packs..This is a fact.

And the other half don't preorder and get to sigh and shake their heads in (not so) gentle exasperation when the new pack messes up everyone's game in some way because of glitches.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member

Look better at your fact. The mayority who are done with the sims 4 usually go back to the sims 2/3. (example here)

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2016
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    I havent played the sims 4 for 2 week im not going to bother with the updates im just going to wait for the teaser.
  • Options
    Marieke020Marieke020 Posts: 57 Member
    Mendota wrote: »

I agree, time for you to move on. I don't really know why people such as you feel the need to post these things, but oh well. I gave up on Sims 3, but I didn't feel the need to make some long post about it. These type of posts only come down to one thing... Because you didn't like it, you want to insist that there is something wrong with it. I have played all the Sims games and I like 4 the best of them all. Does that make me right and you wrong? No, and you are not "right" either. I wonder why you pushed yourself as well, because I certainly let go of Sims 3 in a hurry.

As far as the food is concerned, better produce does make better food, so I don't know what you mean there. There is no nectar making at this time so... Also, for my farming sims better produce sells for more money. So those comments of yours don't really hold weight. All of the Sims games had repetitive actions. In Sims 2, having to read skill books all night in order to advance in careers drove me nuts, so I used a mod. In Sims 4 at least making painting, and filling business reports is more realist and more fun for me. I never was into "collecting" that was introduced in Sims 3. As far as I was concerned, if I wanted to play a role playing, collecting game I would. I found the gameplay in Sims 3 to be very lacking, wondering around in the open world with it's rabbit holes....boring! The few community lots empty... total fail! So you see there are different ways of looking at everything.

Thank you for your courage mentioning this with the risk of people calling you a sock puppet (which is totally disrepectful). You're absolutely right to wonder why people who quit playing feel the need to complain about the game and spoil it for those who like it.
    In my case it was an emotional thing. And I'm guilty at only pointing out things that I didn't like, while there certainly were aspects of the game I *did* like. For example I think clubrules added depth to the game.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    The only part I got out of all this was that this person was quitting, I am sorry you feel you have to quit, And not everyone does the pre-order, I have never done that and never will thanks, :)
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    The reason it caught my interest so much is the fact that the complaints were exactly the same. So many people said there was a lack of family play - yet so many people now are saying that Sims 4 has a lack compared to Sims 3. And these complaints about Sims 3 were before Generations was released, which included lots of family content.
    I wasn't intending the wave aside critique of Sims 4. My opinions differ from many on the forum but it doesn't invalidate either opinion by any means. It was the fact that the complaints were almost identical and at about the same time in the life of the game that I found fascinating.

Hi Missy,

What you are saying is true to an extent. People will always miss the content and features from previous iterations That pattern most definitely exists. However while the end result might appear to be the same (a legion of unhappy Simmers) the conditons leading to that net result are vastly different.

People that ignored the TS3 pre-launch haters were willing to take a risk on the evolution of the game
    Prople that ignored the TS4 pre-launch haters were willing to put their faith in the developers that a devolution would ultimately lead to a better experience.

Fans of TS2 could argue that the developer broke their game by changing the rules and releasing a buggy mess, but at the end of the day they couldn't argue that they were deprived of content and features (with a few small exceptions)

People unhappy with TS4 seem to be contending with both issues. Not only have they had to accept the fact that some of their favorite features are gone (with no hope of returning) but as far as content goes this iteration is apparantly woefully behind the pace set by TS2 and TS3

So while your observation is ostensibly true, it is a bit lacking in depth.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    OP, it's hard to say good-bye, for sure. This game was more than "just a computer game" back in the day with the sims 2, those sims really were like little pets. They really were individuals, with their own personalities, likes and dislikes without the billboards telling us, "This sim's favorite is..." 2 had it all.
    when 3 hit the shelves, it was beautiful to look at, but the sims there had lost that "pet" quality, at least for me. But that game offered other things that I found rewarding for itself. I didn't recognize it at the time, I could only see how the sims themselves were so lacking in personality, that's all I could think about. But I played it. I loved the create a style. I loved the open world, even though I wouldn't admit it at the time. I loved being able to change so much of the world. It had it's own charm, not with the sims, but with the environment. I now love it, not like ts2, but for the creative challenge it offers.
    This new game? 4? yeah, it really is a kid's game. Happy, happy, all day long. No challenge, no fun, nothing to keep me interested, nothing to keep me lost in time, nothing to be bothered with. It just is so boring to me. I can't even get myself to play it long enough to try to see some of the new stuff. It is just so boring, I can't be bothered trying.

But walking away? Leaving this community after all these years? I don't want to do that. We are almost half way through this iteration of the game. Maybe, just maybe someone in that company is reading these posts, taking notes and firing up the sims 2 and the sims 3 and just maybe they will merge those two games together to make that one perfect Sims game. Not likely, I know, but it is a dream, it is a hope and it is something I would like to hold on to, even if the sims 4 can't keep me interested it in itself, for itself. The hope of the future and all the friends I've made over the years is enough to keep me here, if not fully engaged.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    kwc1994x wrote: »
    Marieke020 wrote: »

I agree, time for you to move on. I don't really know why people such as you feel the need to post these things, but oh well. I gave up on Sims 3, but I didn't feel the need to make some long post about it. These type of posts only come down to one thing... Because you didn't like it, you want to insist that there is something wrong with it. I have played all the Sims games and I like 4 the best of them all. Does that make me right and you wrong? No, and you are not "right" either. I wonder why you pushed yourself as well, because I certainly let go of Sims 3 in a hurry.

As far as the food is concerned, better produce does make better food, so I don't know what you mean there. There is no nectar making at this time so... Also, for my farming sims better produce sells for more money. So those comments of yours don't really hold weight. All of the Sims games had repetitive actions. In Sims 2, having to read skill books all night in order to advance in careers drove me nuts, so I used a mod. In Sims 4 at least making painting, and filling business reports is more realist and more fun for me. I never was into "collecting" that was introduced in Sims 3. As far as I was concerned, if I wanted to play a role playing, collecting game I would. I found the gameplay in Sims 3 to be very lacking, wondering around in the open world with it's rabbit holes....boring! The few community lots empty... total fail! So you see there are different ways of looking at everything.

Thank you for your courage mentioning this with the risk of people calling you a sock puppet (which is totally disrepectful). You're absolutely right to wonder why people who quit playing feel the need to complain about the game and spoil it for those who like it.
    In my case it was an emotional thing. And I'm guilty at only pointing out things that I didn't like, while there certainly were aspects of the game I *did* like. For example I think clubrules added depth to the game.

I'm sorry but how does someone complaining about the game spoil it for those who do like it? You don't stop playing the game or feel the need to not play the game because *somebody else* doesn't like it. You play it because *you* like it or stop playing it because *you* don't. If you enjoy the game, then who cares what anyone else says? Just enjoy playing it as you always have.

Jarsie?
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    kwc1994xkwc1994x Posts: 28 New Member
    windweaver wrote: »

I'm sorry but how does someone complaining about the game spoil it for those who do like it? You don't stop playing the game or feel the need to not play the game because *somebody else* doesn't like it. You play it because *you* like it or stop playing it because *you* don't. If you enjoy the game, then who cares what anyone else says? Just enjoy playing it as you always have.

Jarsie?

Sorry? What's Jarsie? I'm probably being incredibly stupid right now :') But it's 12:47 past midnight here in England and I'm tired - my brain just wants to rest now hahaha :)
  • Options

Jarsie?

Sorry? What's Jarsie? I'm probably being incredibly plum right now :') But it's 12:47 past midnight here in England and I'm tired - my brain just wants to rest now hahaha :)

Haha I remember her! My arch nemesis! B)
  • Options
    kwc1994xkwc1994x Posts: 28 New Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Jarsie?

Sorry? What's Jarsie? I'm probably being incredibly plum right now :') But it's 12:47 past midnight here in England and I'm tired - my brain just wants to rest now hahaha :)

Haha I remember her! My arch nemesis! B)

Oh no - why do I think being asked if i'm this Jarsie person is a bad thing?
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    I agree with everything the OP said. I tried to play sims 4 today after playing sims 2 for a while and I didn't even spend 5 minutes in the game before I was bored. I spent some time in cas and got through one and a half sim days just for the sake of playing and then the game crashed for some reason. Like I care at this point.

I'm thinking of either installing sims 3 so I can play both 2&3 or just sticking with 2 for now.
    Since uni started I won't have a lot of time to play anyway.
  • Options
    AngelAriesAngelAries Posts: 57 Member
    Wow.
    </3
    I'm sorry to hear all of this. :neutral:

I have been playing The Sims franchise since Livin' Large was first introduced. (Sorry EA, but I didn't notice it until your first xpac) I have upgraded each game as the new generation came out. I have given up pets, seasons, etc each and every time for a new experience. And every time, at the beginning, I was both elated and discouraged.
    Elated because NEW GAME! Woot!
    Discouraged because it never, EVER came with the amount of content that multi-expansion packed previous series had accumulated to.

Still.

For me, I'll never be able to go back to previous Sims games now that I have entered into TS4. Why? Emotions. I am, myself, a truly emotional creature who lives one moment to the next on feelings. Much like our newest Sims. Don't get me wrong, I miss Seasons as much as the next person (Can do without Tods, and never liked pets) but what this generation of the game offers cannot/will not be found in the previous games.

And now, seeing this, I'm curious if this matters to anyone OTHER than me.

Note: Until TS4 I never played with mean/evil sims. Until TS4 I don't think it mattered. But here? Now? Good and Evil just don't mix.
  • Options
    Oh no - why do I think being asked if i'm this Jarsie person is a bad thing?

^shrug^ I probably shouldn't have gone there, this thread is already devolving into a flame war. :/