Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Breaking up a marriage of 15 years (I uninstalled the game, it hurts)

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I recently uninstalled Darkest Dungeon.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,651 Member
    What a beautiful and sad post indeed OP. Sorry to see you being very disappointed in this game. :( It must have been hard for you. Hopefully if there is a The Sims 5 in the future, it will get you back to playing the franchise again! <3
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    Kaesi99 wrote: »
    I actually cried when I uninstalled the game. (I hope I'm not the only one, though)

But you'd think I'm exactly their target audience at the age of 17. Almost none of my friend bought the game and I now know why.

Aww *hug* <3 hope you're feeling better now.
  • Options
    Marieke020Marieke020 Posts: 57 Member
    edited October 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    Anyway, if people have to defend a game so much as to call others "not sane" you know the game is in trouble like it was for SimCity. The amount of hate towards Gurus and Simmers alike is not healthy and honestly not worth the stress worrying about. Much better to spend time enjoying older Sims games that bring happier memories to mind and very supportive communities. Like with SimCity, if you don't like the "vision" you'll get treated like plum. So best to avoid that and enjoy other games.

Thank you, I think you try to cheer me up with the "you're not alone" thing.
    But I would be heartbroken if the Sims would end like SimCity and feel bad that I was part of their decline.
    I really want the franchise to be alive and kicking for future generations to play.

But I don't think the current 4 version can be fixed, no matter what content they add.

(updated with correct quotation)
    Post edited by Marieke020 on
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Marieke020 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Anyway, if people have to defend a game so much as to call others "not sane" you know the game is in trouble like it was for SimCity. The amount of hate towards Gurus and Simmers alike is not healthy and honestly not worth the stress worrying about. Much better to spend time enjoying older Sims games that bring happier memories to mind and very supportive communities. Like with SimCity, if you don't like the "vision" you'll get treated like plum. So best to avoid that and enjoy other games.

But I would be heartbroken if the Sims would end like SimCity and feel bad that I was part of their decline.
    I really want the franchise to be alive and kicking for future generations to play.

But I don't think the current 4 version can be fixed, no matter what content they add.
    Whether the Sims franchise excels or goes away, don't feel like you are responsible. Each Simmer has to make their own choice on whether they like a game or not just like with any other gamer. I learned with the Sims 3 that lesson. Packs don't fix a game. If a base doesn't support the stories of some Simmers, packs will only emphasize those play styles that have been alienated and some flaws that can occur in the UI and AI design. But no you aren't alone. I haven't uninstalled the Sims 4, it has just disappointed me like with LGR and Rachybop. Even with the addition of packs, I don't think the Sims 4 will ever win me over completely. I used to like the game, but that changed over time and with playing. I do want the Sims franchise to continue, but I wouldn't be upset if competition were to enter the market either like it did with SimCity. Competition is healthy for business and drives companies to inspire to push the limits. Don't view it as a bad thing because it isn't. I've been with the Sims for 14 years and with Maxis for longer than that, so not like I'm not a loyal customer. But yes the SimCity thing did make me finally join forums. I didn't want the same fate to occur. I guess I've accepted now, with my voice or not, the Sims will reach a fate, but what the fate will be, won't be 100% sure of. Future is funny that way being unpredictable.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Last few days I thought a lot about what it exactly is that broke the game.
    This:
    We need meaningful game play that actually changes our sims world even if it's only in a small way like you said the fruit changing the quality of the recipe.

That growing fruit doesn't impact gameplay is not a small thing, it is huge.
    It used to be the start of a chain that gave depth to the game.

The developers decided to cut out this start of the chain from the start and can never make this decision undone.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    @Marieke020 You're not alone. I made a topic myself awhile back here, because this game isn't enough for me. Yes I like it, yes it's pretty. However, I miss the deeper gameplay. I loved the memory system in Sims 2, my sim children grew up with a good / neutral / bad childhood and they remembered everything. The people who past away, if they did good in school, if they caused a lot of trouble. The animations in the Sims 4 are amazing, but that doesn't keep me entertained.

Just like real like, you may look happy on the outside, but that's mean you feel that way on the inside. The Sims 4 feels like a very pretty shell but with a very hollow meaning. Ofcourse, this is how I see it and not everyone thinks the same way which is ofcourse logical. However, this does mean I understand you on a personal level. Been there since the Sims 1, yet I feel like the older generation isn't that important anymore. That's why I always have the Sims 2 installed. I want the Sims 4 to continue and if it gets better trough free patches i'll always come check it out just incase. In the meantime, i'm going to switch between game I like until i'm happy with how the Sims 4 is. I guess that doesn't hurt.

I'm playing Stardew Valley and the Sims 2, sometimes some mobile games and if i'm in the mood I play Sims 4. The other games I can play for hours and hours while Sims 4 holds my attention for maybe three to four hours tops. I feel like we need more meaningful content.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @Marike020 you have expressed very clearly and eloquently what so many of us feel. The breakup of any long term relationship is painful but I wish you a speedy recovery. Making the call to quit is a very hard decision but there are good games out there. There isn't anything to add other than a good game should be something you can't wait to play again, one which continues to surprise and delight and one where you feel you have a sense of achievement.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited October 2016
    eh, don't feel bad. I'm back to let's playing The Sims 2 (there's even a new challenge written for it recently on modthesims, happy about the remaining community :) ) and playing The Sims 3 in my free time. Trying to own the store there before it goes away.

Have been away from The Sims 4 long enough to now think that by the time this iteration ends I'll probably be able to find a good thing about it or two (especially with MCCommandCenter, I'm using Nraas to make TS3 playable, so I suppose using a mod to make The Sims 4 playable won't be alien to me), but it is 100% not what I wanted nor hoped for (and I was one of those that said that it had potential. Loading screens did not bother me, I could live with smaller neighborhoods and even with no toddlers, but as we go further and further, there's more and more "engine limitations", culling is fairly bad, sims are too dumb to remember what they were doing when you switch lots, nothing has consequences, dying on another lot will make your own family members forget that you existed and the family tree deletes itself over time), so I fully understand.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

The customer can never be blamed for the success or failure of a product. It is the product that is either good or bad (or somewhere in between) that will either succeed or fail.

The Product is lacking depth, non-consequential, non-sensical, and pointless. The company is ignorant and accusatory. It's been said so many times. This is a terrible product delivered by a declining mindset where quality is trumped by greed. Plain and simple.

I personally feel no guilt about quitting on this garbage, because that's what it is to me. If you serve me an overcooked steak with an undercooked potato, I'm going to go elsewhere to eat.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    Well said OP. The best explanation I have read to date. I removed it as well, though I still have TS3 installed and play that when I need a sim fix. For me, that was the best of the series. Nothing they add will ever fix this current version for me. Shortcuts, limitations, shallow, and illusion is what comes to mind when I think of TS4.
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    If you serve me an overcooked steak with an undercooked potato, I'm going to go elsewhere to eat.

This reminds me that I was trying to leave the building.

Thank you all for your support and opions in this thread.
    And that you were kind to each other (most of the time).

Bye bye!

<-- signed out
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    I uninstalled Sims 4 long ago.
    I came to the same conclusion -that even if toddlers, seasons or pets were added, they wouldn't be any good.
    The base game is the problem and (in my opinion) the lack of talent the Sims once had.

I continue to play the Sims 2 & 3 & never get bored.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    I am in total agreement with Marieke020 even though I still have TS4 installed on my pc. I just don't play the game very often. And there is no way to say a single shortcoming is at fault for TS4's failure to capture and hold my interest. Many things that are missing are to blame for my lack of emotional attachment. Every step in the Sims franchise has had it's problems, but nothing like the problems TS4 has. It runs well on many types of pc's and laptops, has beautiful graphics, but it lacks depth. Soul. Heart. Humor. The very core of the game is flawed. What EA has failed to see is that the fans have depth, heart, soul, and most of us have a great sense of humor. It's too bad some of us are losing our sense of humor when it comes to how EA refuses to acknowledge how many fans are unhappy; and turns a blind eye to that problem. That, more than TS4's shortcomings, is what has driven me away from TS4.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,541 Member
    edited October 2016
    There is no real gameplay involved like in previous editions of the Sims.
    Well you can win awards for checking off boxes that say "play this animation 50 times".
    And a player can still collect things. But collecting things doesn't matter at all. You can display your collection for a different setting and that's it. When growing a perfect fruit doesn't influence your food or nectar, why bother.

I tried, really. I tried to challenge myself to get all achievements. Even the 100 generations one. This was a true torture. Until this day I wonder why I pushed myself to play while I was completely bored with what I was doing. Addiction maybe, for old times sake?

Fortunately I found an new love where I feel as passionate about as I used to be with the Sims (Minecraft) and I hope they can keep my attention for as long as 15 years.

Thank you Sims, for all those good years in the past, but it's time to go.

I am afraid that's what I am currently doing.
    I am mostly hanging in there until EP4. I really do like these new sims, so that's mainly why I am still here, hoping the game will get better for me. I just wish the game play was as good as the new sims. in TS2 and TS3, I just seemed to find my sims getting caught up in these funny situations and my game play would just leap off in new unexpected directions more than I am experiencing with TS4. Even though EA will never admit what really happened with the start of this game, I still suspect the it did not get the proper development time it needed and they are still back-filling in features and game play. So, I am willing to stick with it until EP4.

Most of my fun is just creating sims, building homes, finding custom content to shape the game to what I want it to be, and trying out new DLC. I am still waiting for major holes to be filled in and for some prime expansion packs to arrive. If I still feel the same way about this game after EP4, then I will set it aside and perhaps come back when it's complete and then mod it up as something to do while The Sims 5 gains expansions.

If there is a The Sims 5, that is, and also if I find the base game interesting.
    It had sure better have toddlers. :D

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I uninstalled Sims 4 long ago.
    I came to the same conclusion -that even if toddlers, seasons or pets were added, they wouldn't be any good.
    The base game is the problem and (in my opinion) the lack of talent the Sims once had.

I continue to play the Sims 2 & 3 & never get bored.

I think, for some of us, nothing EA does bar selling the rights to a company that actually respects the franchise's history will bring us back.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Well it feels a bit like the Sims went to plastic surgery for a younger look, but had to pay this with their soul.
    I've had this feeling a few times, the game had started to feel repetitive and I was noticing the same animations more and more. It felt as if they were just pumping out objects in the place of actual game play, and it still does to some extent. However, I actually do find the Sims 4 really enjoyable.

Granted some days the game just can't entertain me and I find myself wondering around finding collectables and getting frustrated that I'm not having the same fun as I did with the other games, but just as often something inspires me and I spend days playing the Sims 4 with any spare time I have, I might have an idea for a story, or a strange thing happens to shake things up.

There are a lot of things that need to be improved, but I love the Sims 4 and I wont be leaving it any time soon.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    OK, I'm really gonna go away now, so *sniff* I really want *sniff* Hip hop radio station back *sniff* Now goodbye people! *crying* *playing his warp zone flute and flies away from Sims 4 like a tornado*
  • Options
    RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member

if EA & the devs don't care for players quitting like this
    then what more is there to say

I fully understand why it's not important to them. It's not people who stick to a game that buy new games, it's those who get bored.
    I know I did, in my search for a new game to dedicate to I bought lots of plum, while I didn't even know what games were on the market when I loved the Sims.
    It makes me sad for the future of gaming and when you would have asked me a year ago I would have thought a subscription fee would be ridiculous, but now I think it might help to improve quality,

Let me assure you... Sub fees... DO NOT improve the quality....
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    in my case if i uninstall a game i would uninstall the sims2 that is outdated to leave more space for sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,651 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Not too sure why it says this quote is by me but I didn't write that. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif