Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I'm not sure how to feel about the supposed hint, I'm very indifferent over it until we get more information.

I haven't played Sims in a little while, lot's of stuff has been happening in my life. My mum had to have tests for a possible Motor Neurone Disease diagnosis, but her symptoms turned out not to be that so it's a huge relief. Me and my husband just found out we're expecting our first baby, due around Christmas time, we're both absolutely thrilled :) I'm going to try and get back into simming now, I've missed it. Sims 4 has improved but TS3 is still my main game.

I'm happy to learn that your mom is okay.And Thank You for sharing with us yours wonderful news about you going to have a baby,I hope everything go well for you and the little one that you're carrying. :)
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    @JessicaSimston Congratulations!

Started my Super Sim Challenge. I'll provide some pictures later on although it's single-sim gameplay for the most part now. It's the first time I started out with a male sim, because I think TS4 creates pretty female townies.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm not sure how to feel about the supposed hint, I'm very indifferent over it until we get more information.

I haven't played Sims in a little while, lot's of stuff has been happening in my life. My mum had to have tests for a possible Motor Neurone Disease diagnosis, but her symptoms turned out not to be that so it's a huge relief. Me and my husband just found out we're expecting our first baby, due around Christmas time, we're both absolutely thrilled :) I'm going to try and get back into simming now, I've missed it. Sims 4 has improved but TS3 is still my main game.

Thank Goodness Your mother is alright! I can only imagine how scary that is. My mother had an anxiety attack in front of me once and I flipped the plum out. And Congrats on your first baby! AHH Yes I recall my first and like @clover24 my little guy is 3 (Well 3 in 8 days) I played a lot of the sims 3, worked and slept. Surprisingly since he was breastfed I slept when he nursed. Husband was super jelly because he was always up with him and he'd get home from work to find us sleeping peacefully bahaha! Now we have a 4 month old who thankfully just nursed himself to sleep, 3 year old is upstairs sleeping with dad and I'm about to sim it up since I have this weekend off of work. I do have to admit after 2 kids I'm surprised I find the time to still play.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited June 2016
    I said this to someone the other day.

For me it's less about the game at this point and more to do with the customer experience as a whole which has bothered me hugely. I've lost faith in EA/Maxis because they released the game unfinished (and way less polished than I'd even imagined!) which suggested to me that they thought we would just put up with or were only worth whatever they released, then it's slow progress in getting anything base related dealt with, pushing out paid content and then the comments since in regards to fans that has really disappointed me.

I'm not angry-I'm just really disappointed in them. I absolutely believed in this team. I listened to those blogs and I felt that they absolutely cared for their customers as much as we cared for them. Then to start reading suggestions that we didn't know what base content was, that we are impatient, that we are unreasonable was actually heartbreaking for me to read. I'd placed my trust in Maxis for a great many years-I'd supported them since before sims was even a thing. When they came to us and said they ran out of time I was more than happy to extend goodwill towards them until they got past release and had time.

It's really very sad that this experience has totally killed over fifteen years of loyalty and love for Maxis. I now view anything said with suspicion, I will consider very carefully buying anything in the future and before it was a given that Maxis had my money without question.

I was more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. That's what I find so sad. I don't feel that's appreciated in the slightest. I keep hoping one day they'll show that it is appreciated and that they do value all their customers-but with every comment that suggests otherwise it just makes me feel foolish to keep hoping for the best. How sad is that?! I'd be really sad reading that about a company I was involved with. That's what I wish Andrew Wilson and anyone with any influence would see. It's purely disappointment because we know they are capable of so much better.

There was a time when I wouldn't quite agree because my play-style wouldn't make much use of the Family Play content, along with being taken aback by some of the "back and forth" causticity in this and other threads but over time and actually talked with some of the people on here (via posts, of course) , and also I got to thinking that, as in the quote above, the game really does strike me as unfinished. it really reminds me of those cheesy movie sequels which they spit out like Styrofoam cups "Just so long as it cuts a profit we'll send it out." (As in Halloween No. 27 or Friday The 13th No. 62, etc..)

IMHO the baby bottle in that EP is one of those little props to get conversation going. After all, they have had puddles in the streets since who knows when and leaves falling outside the houses but (especially with the puddles) that doesn't mean they are planning a weather/seasons EP. That one actually strikes me as "Weather is implied" So too would be the little ones with a teddy bear stuck on a shelf or a baby bottle on the counter.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    @JessicaSimston congrats on all your good news! Just wait until you can feel the baby moving - an absolutely awesome experience. Starts off feeling like little bubbles in your tummy, ends up with him/her kicking your lunch plate off your belly :D (Yeah, I used to use my belly as a table towards the end lol).

With the new Dine Out pack, I have the urge to build a Wacky Warehouse type of thing (anyone who doesn't know, they used to have these in the UK - a restaurant with a big indoor play area for kids). Not much you could put in for the kids though.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @elanorbreton you mean ballpits?
    That's a good idea. Its a shame we don't have big jungle gyms and skating rings as well coz when I was little, I used to be taken to a place called rollarbury and it was awesome, it had everything a kids wanted, skates and jungle gyms with an in door diner. I think that got closed down in the end. Anyway it would be fun to have something simular in the sims if we had all the equipment to make one
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @angl2005151 Awesome photos of your sims family and yes....the toddler and Dad photos are adorable. Sims 4 dev's and PTB's blew it big time losing the cuteness factor to draw us in to buying the game. :)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @JessicaSimston I'm so so happy for you and you OH. Sending you all my best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy <3

I'm loving everyone's sharing <3 I'm not too 'with it' because it's so humid here and draining my energy a lot so I hope you'll excuse my vacant mind state! ;)

As always if you need me please pm :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @sparkfairy1 We are in the stage of 95+ temps, 'feels like 106' from the forecasters and sweating before you get to the car. I hope yours and my weather settles down a bit. :)
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @sparkfairy1 We are in the stage of 95+ temps, 'feels like 106' from the forecasters and sweating before you get to the car. I hope yours and my weather settles down a bit. :)

UGH I know the feeling... It suppose to rain and storm and its hotter than an oven here in good ol Texas... lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you @bekkasan you too! <3 I don't mind sunny nice weather but our humidity has been at 99%! That's just so uncomfortable! Give us some heat without the added humidity and id be a happy bunny! :)
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member

UGH I know the feeling... It suppose to rain and storm and its hotter than an oven here in good ol Texas... lol

I live down towards the southeast and BOY has it been a party. So humid...glad the storms have stopped for a while now, though. There was serious flooding happening in Houston that was killing people and there's flooding over here from rivers overflowing... Some of my friends have had to relocate and it's pretty sad stuff. I can stand the heat because I almost never go outside and we have AC, but goodness...the storms. ;A;
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Goodness, @scobre I still haven't figured out twitter let alone try twitch. Why oh why can they not come to the official forums and chat more often???

It wasn't an official stream :). The Gurus made their own channel and started streaming, so in that case I have nothing to blame on them for not coming to the forums since it is their own channel ^_^
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @angl2005151 nice pictures :smile:

I am still not tempted to buy TS4 disputes sales and minor improvements
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mizuru007 wrote: »

I live down towards the southeast and BOY has it been a party. So humid...glad the storms have stopped for a while now, though. There was serious flooding happening in Houston that was killing people and there's flooding over here from rivers overflowing... Some of my friends have had to relocate and it's pretty sad stuff. I can stand the heat because I almost never go outside and we have AC, but goodness...the storms. ;A;

I heard about that, While I'm not that down south, I'm an hour and a half north of Austin, Its so yucky. it kind of looks like it did something overnight, but you're right. It doesn't need any more rain down there. Those poor people. I don't blame them for leaving, I would have too. I just need relief. If someone would've told me Texas was having mood swings I would of stayed in California lol. Then again dry heat is no fun either. I guess I'm just done with heat. I'm moving to Alaska... :p
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Thank you @bekkasan you too! <3 I don't mind sunny nice weather but our humidity has been at 99%! That's just so uncomfortable! Give us some heat without the added humidity and id be a happy bunny! :)

We here in the Northeast United States are suppose to be in Summer. However as I type it is 62 degrees and was 43 last night. Had to dig out my knitted slippers!! Not that I want your heat and humidity, but come on! It is suppose to be warm at least! :)

kim
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    @angl2005151 nice pictures :smile:

I am still not tempted to buy TS4 disputes sales and minor improvements

After playing S3, my temptations have gone away. I'm way to in love with real family play... If they ever introduce toddlers in S4, then I will buy it.
    Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    You know I really want to believe thet bottle thing is a hint . I mean it could be a hint in a patch we ad uni sex hair, and now everything by choice is unisex. So having a bottel would make since , a hint for a toddler . Or an update wit babies . But than I rember the cruel reality of Sims 4, and the style there doing. It seems to me they want this to be a single game . You know a game where there is only adults, and its just a social game . That kinda game, but anyway..
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    The sims game is literally about a sims life . In the earlier games, you can tell that what it was a bout .Even in the base games, it was about a sims life . Rather it was getting a job, improving skills, getting a career, going to parties,having a family, and making friends . The games a ll revolved around a sims life . Each of the things were fully fleshed out, and fit the theme. But than there is 4, even excluding family play . The game was definitely not flesh out, or finish. There seem to be a lot of missing corners of the sims lives . Some major, and some minor. It seems the four foundation is not the sims life . It seems to be about the party life, which is a small faraction of there life
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2016
    I heard about that, While I'm not that down south, I'm an hour and a half north of Austin, Its so yucky. it kind of looks like it did something overnight, but you're right. It doesn't need any more rain down there. Those poor people. I don't blame them for leaving, I would have too. I just need relief. If someone would've told me Texas was having mood swings I would of stayed in California lol. Then again dry heat is no fun either. I guess I'm just done with heat. I'm moving to Alaska... :p

I’d love to live in a place where the temperature is 20-25°C for the whole year... I absolutely hate winter, I usually turn it off in TS2 and 3 too ;) But, where I live the temperature is below 20°C for most of the year, sadly :( After my studies I’ll move to the UK and it’s not the hottest country either :p

Also, I like everyone’s pictures :) Here are two random ones from me:
    JFEVyyA.png

7v4CdI5.png

I miss those activities and terrain tools, and the fact that The Sims didn’t look like a plastic over-saturated universe...
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Voeille Great pictures! :smiley:

As for the UK, it is pretty hot where I am at the moment! :tongue:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member

Mid-Michigan's temp. is around 90 and its hot here.
  • Options
    MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member

Congrats :D
  • Options
    @Voeille ohhh I've always wanted to move out of the US or atleast visit other countries... Its been getting insane here and i'm not looking forward to any of the candidates being president. I should of studied abroad when I had the chance lol

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top