This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2016
    Voeille wrote: »

And I also agree with those things that @Scobre said, it all seems about flirting and cheating instead of creating meaningful relationships, and I really don’t like that direction :( A sim should be a cheater only if I want them to be, the game shouldn’t decide on that instead of me. Basically all sims are cheaters by default – randomly generated romantic relations are game-breaking for me, and I had to mod them out.
    I actually find cheating lacking because I can't even do a Don Lothario game and fill the neighborhood with baby mamas anymore. They get culled. Plus the whole reaction to cheating has issues. Relationships do seem very short term and not meaningful. I think that might have to do with keeping performance high because two things SimGuruEugi mentioned that increase load times are family ties and relationships. There is an issue with rotating Simmers have been reporting with Sims being natural cheaters. They'll cheat while you are away.

Anyway I'm taking a break from forums for a bit because the "sides" fights are just getting worst. No one should feel attacked for their subjective opinion like sparkfairy said which I did the other day with false statements, so why I'm taking my leave. I view you guys like family and care about you all a lot. Keep fighting for improvements in family play and don't let derailments get you down. I hope someone shares pictures when the kids pack is out too and that will be a happy day seeing the first family focused pack released. :) Congrats to @SimGuruGraham when it gets released. Thank you so much on all your work on expanding things for children for us.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi guys I haven't been here in two years, I posted a lot on this thread. What can I expect from the game now? :)

EDIT: Glad to see my alien babies still featuring in the signatures :D
    Post edited by Sc3niX on
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Hi guys I haven't been here in two years, I posted a lot on this thread. What can I expect from the game now? :)

There have been a few improvements via patches. Most recently was the ability to dress any sim in clothing without worrying about gender and you can now choose for your Sim regardless of sex to carry babies. That's great in my opinion :)

But still no word on toddlers.
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Noogster wrote: »
    McTosh wrote: »
    and will not buy until it's fixed.

I don't know why you think TS4 is BROKEN, when it's a completely new game.
    It's just a sims without what you want. There is nothing to be fixed.
    I'll buy the Sims 4 when/if it matches the quality of Sims 3

Why would you want a game that is exactly the same? In every installment there has been something new in the game that previous games didn't have, or don't have. TS4 was programmed/developed completely different. There is no way it can match the quality of a game from 2009, because they have advanced their technology.

Where did I say I wanted it to be exactly the same? I said when/if it matches the quality.

At a restaurant I want the quality of my side dish to match the same standards of quality of my main course it doesn't mean that I ordered the same thing for both main and sides.

Wanting equality in quality does not = wanting exactly the same -_-

Sims 4 just doesn't match up in quality.

The fact that you know all the other sims are just standing around like zombies doing absolutely nothing puts a huge immersion-breaking downer on the rest of the game for starters. What's even the point in playing when playing doesn't matter to you or other sims?

The Sims has always been about family and creating legacies.. there's none of that in Sims 4. Completely removed. Gone. Kaput. The whole point of playing the Sims just.. thrown away by EA.

So yes it does need to be fixed and yes it is broken.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I was up till 4:30 am with my 17yr old daughter last night. We were talking about the game and the things we like about it and didn't like about it. We eventually made it to the topic of toddlers and to my surprise she was secretly holding out for toddlers as well. Before that I was talking to my 13 yr old about the Sims. She doesn't really care about toddlers but she said something that made me think. She said they keep saying they are trying to make it where everyone can make their sim selves but she can't because the teens are too tall and shes not nearly as tall as me her mom. She said I have acne and issues and these teens just depress her because they are too perfect. I truly hope they come out with toddlers even more now and very much hope more than ever they fix the teen life stage to be more teen like so my daughter and many others like her do not miss out on being able to recreate themselves.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,662 Member
    Just dropping in to say hi to everyone. I hope you are all keeping well and having some simming fun.

I haven't seen any game pictures in a while :(

I haven't got any of my own either at the moment, as I am still hood editing rather than playing. But here is a non-game cutie for you all, as a reminder of one of the reasons we are here.

Little-Lamb-Costume-for-toddlers.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Just dropping in to say hi to everyone. I hope you are all keeping well and having some simming fun.

I haven't seen any game pictures in a while :(

I haven't got any of my own either at the moment, as I am still hood editing rather than playing. But here is a non-game cutie for you all, as a reminder of one of the reasons we are here.

Little-Lamb-Costume-for-toddlers.jpg

OMG!! What a Cutie, I so want them back in My game, they are just adorable, thank you so much for this pic, :)
  • Options
    @elanorbreton that is the cutest picture ever <3
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

There have been a few improvements via patches. Most recently was the ability to dress any sim in clothing without worrying about gender and you can now choose for your Sim regardless of sex to carry babies. That's great in my opinion :)

I'm still wondering if the upcoming children's stuff pack is a sign that they're starting to direct attention to other age groups and away from young adult party types. We've had store sets in the Sims 3 for children, but never an actual "stuff pack" with items for them. I've heard that it's focusing more on kids' bedrooms, but that's still a welcome development -- a couple more pajama options would be appreciated along with new bedroom set (hopefully including bunk beds).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I was up till 4:30 am with my 17yr old daughter last night. We were talking about the game and the things we like about it and didn't like about it. We eventually made it to the topic of toddlers and to my surprise she was secretly holding out for toddlers as well. Before that I was talking to my 13 yr old about the Sims. She doesn't really care about toddlers but she said something that made me think. She said they keep saying they are trying to make it where everyone can make their sim selves but she can't because the teens are too tall and shes not nearly as tall as me her mom. She said I have acne and issues and these teens just depress her because they are too perfect. I truly hope they come out with toddlers even more now and very much hope more than ever they fix the teen life stage to be more teen like so my daughter and many others like her do not miss out on being able to recreate themselves.

The height situation isn't likely to change -- adding height sliders would weird out some of the animations, and at this point they'd have to go back and adjust all the clothing to fit shorter teens as well as regular/tall adults. (I'd like to be able to flag certain outfits so they can't be worn by certain age groups -- wonder if that's a feature of MC Dresser mod.) But I could see the possibility of at least less perfect teens and other age groups in a Generations pack; we've got the skin spots with one of the illnesses in GTW so it shouldn't be too hard to adapt that for teen acne (maybe last a little longer or flare ups at inconvenient times like prom night).
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @stilljustme2 Yes I think that the kids SP is a hint and that they are slowly moving away from the Olympus stuff
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I'm still wondering if the upcoming children's stuff pack is a sign that they're starting to direct attention to other age groups and away from young adult party types. We've had store sets in the Sims 3 for children, but never an actual "stuff pack" with items for them. I've heard that it's focusing more on kids' bedrooms, but that's still a welcome development -- a couple more pajama options would be appreciated along with new bedroom set (hopefully including bunk beds).
    I hope it is a sign that we will get more attention for other ages.

Sadly, I can't see the new stuff pack bringing us bunkbeds though - don't stuff packs only have one new animated item? I'm guessing it will be the monster under the bed thing.
  • Options

Sadly, I can't see the new stuff pack bringing us bunkbeds though - don't stuff packs only have one new animated item? I'm guessing it will be the monster under the bed thing.

We have ladder animations in game with the pool ladder in GT, so bunk beds wouldn't really involve a "new" animation, just an adapted one. At least that's what I keep telling myself. :/ Supposedly there's some sort of puppet theater and a "battlestations" that someone found in the patch code, so that could something to do with the new gameplay objects. I hope the monsters under the bed don't keep my Sim kids up half the night like in Sims 3.
  • Options
    We have ladder animations in game with the pool ladder in GT, so bunk beds wouldn't really involve a "new" animation, just an adapted one. At least that's what I keep telling myself. :/ Supposedly there's some sort of puppet theater and a "battlestations" that someone found in the patch code, so that could something to do with the new gameplay objects. I hope the monsters under the bed don't keep my Sim kids up half the night like in Sims 3.
    Good thinking about the ladders. We can hope anyway :)

If my simmie kids in TS3 are scared to sleep in their bed, I always let them get in with mum or dad and the other partner goes to sleep in the kids bed. Shame they couldn't all stay together with the kid in the middle.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

With stuff packs, it can be about 1-2 new animated objects, and the monster under the bed I have a feeling will be included in a patch, since the other hinted content shown in that teaser was patched in (ie. Unisex CAS, Tragic Clown.) @SimGuruGraham mentioned that they didn't show off any new gameplay objects in the trailer for the SP, so we still don't have much in the way of info for what exactly they'll add in.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

With stuff packs, it can be about 1-2 new animated objects, and the monster under the bed I have a feeling will be included in a patch, since the other hinted content shown in that teaser was patched in (ie. Unisex CAS, Tragic Clown.) @SimGuruGraham mentioned that they didn't show off any new gameplay objects in the trailer for the SP, so we still don't have much in the way of info for what exactly they'll add in.

I actually wonder what the purpose of the new monster would be. Would it only be one of those things to add a 'bit of excitment' to the game?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    masswhitemasswhite Posts: 20 New Member

Honestly, just to put some settle to the situation that we've complained about for far too long.
    I feel there's a small success coming from the community.

We complained about pools, and I think EA is honestly getting sick of our bickering.
    There's a giving point, and I think we're nearing it with this children's stuff pack. Either way we go about, EA won't just let a thing like this slide because they know what it could do to their future.
    It'd lay a bad label onto the franchise. With that said, I think it's safe to say that it may come in an unexpected bundle.

Don't give up hope, and in the mean time enjoy Dine Out.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    masswhite wrote: »

Honestly, just to put some settle to the situation that we've complained about for far too long.
    I feel there's a small success coming from the community.

We complained about pools, and I think EA is honestly getting sick of our bickering.
    There's a giving point, and I think we're nearing it with this children's stuff pack. Either way we go about, EA won't just let a thing like this slide because they know what it could do to their future.
    It'd lay a bad label onto the franchise. With that said, I think it's safe to say that it may come in an unexpected bundle.

Don't give up hope, and in the mean time enjoy Dine Out.

Its just hard to play sometimes after playing 3 and getting that family time you expect from it. Like right now my simself is married, to a 3rd gen pancakes child and theyre expecting their first child soon and plan on having more in the future. I just want them all to be able to bond like the sims 3 but more. Again with the multitasking tool in the game it makes it the options seem limitless to what interactions families can have. Theres so much potential there. I really hope they bring it! Im so happy they are coming out with a stuff pack for kids I cannot wait to see what comes with it. Or what the next patch update is.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    @Swjosdotschka2 I love seeing your enthusiasm for early years play. That's something I enjoy immensely too :) they really are gorgeous little tots!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,396 Member
    Okay well I tried to re install my sims on my Dad s computer . Dad went to work toddat so why not ? It still didn't work I was so frsystrated, so I look in the folders . And found a bunch of vidios, and pics and other stuff in the world cache files ?I was O_O neatheless to say very surprise, and shock . I remove them so it should work.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top