This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    Great pictures @Swjosdotschka2 ! I always like to see pics from previous iterations as I myself only play TS2 once in a while. I really should play more but on my Mac (the TS2 collection game was downloaded from the App store) I can't figure out how to add in a mod that slows down their need decay because that's one thing that I was having some trouble with last time I played. I'm sure all it takes is a bit of digging in the Tech forums.

There's a bunch of neat things in TS2 I didn't fully appreciate when I played the game at a younger age, but when I played most recently (with Brandi Broke, always has been my favorite) with her family, three boys of different ages, I was floored by the amount of family play/details integrated into the relationships, interactions, etc.

I still very much enjoy TS3 toddlers but if they were to implement toddlers into the TS4 I would say they should aim for a mix of 70% TS2 toddlers and 30% TS3 toddlers. But that is just my opinion! I'd be happy with whatever they do, as long as it's quality. Toddlers from both series were great.

I really have other things I need to do but I want to start up TS2 again! It is so tempting....
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,396 Member
    Good news , my sims 3 game officialy works on my dad s computer . I re install all my custom content, and my expansion packs now :D
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Everyone has such cute sims! I just started playing a little bit of the sims 4 again (I also bought restaurants because the cas items are so so cute and I'm so so weak.)

I decided to start a highlander crest legacy with a gods and goddesses theme. Each generation the kids will be named after deities from a different culture. My highlander is Aelia Daube (no real connection to any gods I know of, I just liked the name).
    06-13-16_50038c2a0pm.png?w=680
    She got married to a mailman. I thought his genes would be an interesting addition and they're both creative so it seemed to fit.
    06-13-16_71607c2a0pm.png?w=680
    He is dastardly from his aspiration, though, which seems to trigger Aelia's good trait the same way an evil sim would.
    They had three kids. I aged them all up pretty much instantly.
    Iris is the oldest.
    06-15-16_75457c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Then Apollo.
    06-16-16_72111c2a0pm.png?w=680
    And then there's Hera who I don't have any kid pictures of because she just aged up.
    06-16-16_80146c2a0pm.png?w=680
    Iris has a club called the Caterpillars who do homework, talk to each other, and swim. I'm changing their name to the Monarchs once she ages up to teen.
    06-16-16_103251c2a0am.png?w=680
    Apollo has a club called Whiz Kids (generic, I know). They play video games, use science objects, and do homework.
    06-16-16_72040c2a0pm.png?w=680
    And Hera has no club. She's lazy so I'm not sure one would suit her anyway.
  • Options
    SariwaSariwa Posts: 6 New Member
    I really hope for more improvements, EA needs to realize, graphics aren't everything, to the family players
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    lookie what I found http://kotaku.com/11-months-later-the-sims-4-players-still-want-answers-1705320586 im sure ya'll knew about this as its a year old but this is my first time seeing it
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    lookie what I found http://kotaku.com/11-months-later-the-sims-4-players-still-want-answers-1705320586 im sure ya'll knew about this as its a year old but this is my first time seeing it

Yes, that was an article where they interviewed me @MzPigglyPooh but they also spoke to a lot of other family players too.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    @angl2005151 How was he able to see under the bed? There's barely even any space for him to look under! :p
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,662 Member
    @angl2005151 How was he able to see under the bed? There's barely even any space for him to look under! :p
    Lol. When you're a kid, even the tiniest of spaces is big enough to contain a monster or two.

They ought to have a 'scared of the dark' option where mum or dad would have to put a night light on for them. I really wish kids could cuddle a bear or toy in bed too (one we could actually see, not just hidden in the inventory).
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I've now got a family in my gardener/chef game. So here are Richard Chefre, his wife, Joan, and their new daughter Jill. The enhanced procreation potion didn't live up to it's claim of twins and triplets.

2%20Richard%20and%20Joan%20leave%20with%20Jill.jpg

Their house:

3%20Homecoming.jpg

Babies wear you out, so Joan takes a nap in the nursery with Jill. The window actually looks into the greenhouse. The plants closest to the window went dormant anyway, but the middle ones thrived through the winter.

4%20Nap%20in%20the%20nursery.jpg

Richard wants to go to the Spring Festival. Since he's a 5-star chef, he has a lot of days off, so I send him and Jill to the festival. I've never used the stroller before, and I thought they'd take a car to the grounds, then get out the stroller. Nope:

5%20Starting%20a%20stroll.jpg

6%20Long%20stroll.jpg

7%20Stroll%20in%20rain.jpg

I now know I should have put the stroller in inventory until they got to the park. Ah, well.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I didn't get to play at all this weekend as we had no power until about 15 minutes ago. Had a severe thunderstorm hit us on Thursday night and a tree branch hit the house. Not sure of the damage, but it's probably minor compared to others.

At least we're all ok here. Miss you all!
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Tremayne4260 I am glad you are OK! And that your power is back on. I admit to being so spoiled, when the lights go out I have no entertainment. :D

Cute blurb about phones, @S100Headache. I can just imagine their little faces. :o
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,662 Member
    OMG @Tremayne4260 - so glad you are ok, I hope the damage is not too bad.
    Lol @S100Headache - I remember trying to explain to my kids what records were (the old 33's and 45's). When they are my age they will be trying to explain to their kids what dvd's and cd's were :)

I was playing my orphanage last night:
    06-19-16_6-52-41%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

There are 4 girls, 2 boys, 1 teen gal and 1 horrid lady-in-charge who hates kids.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Slightly off topic :#

Omg I just caught up on E3 and bethesda really knows how to thank their fans, with an upgraded skyrim :o I'm in heaven. Come October I will really be disappearing to play a fabulous updated version of one if my favourite games ever. So excited, I can't wait.
  • Options
    Well, I got Romantic Garden stuff, and I made a park and tested it with the Tsumi-O'Malons.

Ayano had to go to work before they could go, so she's not here, but it's bonding time for Nile and Nik! Nile played as the Sea Monster while Nik had to steer his ship to safety!
    GrA6eOE.png
    They shared a really nice hug once they finished playing together.
    HWZzp0x.png
    Meanwhile, Simon decided to swim in the pool there.
    AcVbNua.png
    After Nile and Nik went home, Simon invited his group of friends, the "Night Owls" over to hang out at the park and played in the fountain.
    EE08TzU.png
    ml6Tucy.png
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi! great pics and stories every body

Playing in Versailles (which is becoming completed though slowly) I brought to live there some old Friends of mine, the Hergé family, Proffesor Calculus, Captain Haddock, Tintin, Snowy, Bianca Castafiori and the Butler Néstor, I planted Marlinspike Hall in Versailles (I thought it could fit the theme) and there they are living together as a family though I´m planing to make Tintin have his own... at last!

Screenshot-241_zpsm7pa7rx3.jpg

Screenshot-240_zps2xqn2bag.jpg

Screenshot-244_zpsasxv0gne.jpg
    Post edited by junceda on
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Definitely he is one of my favourites

Screenshot-242_zpsg7axwto4.jpg
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I like Snowy. He's so cute. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    junceda wrote: »

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    junceda wrote: »

I love the pipe :D
  • Options
    It´s a mod that adds the ítem in CAS acessories if you want it I´ll give you the link when at home
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Tremayne4260 so sorry you had that experience-but I'm glad you are okay! :)

Loving everyone's pictures <3
  • Options
    Since it hasn't been posted yet, here's the Kids Room Stuff Pack Trailer!

And the blog post.
    https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/news/the-sims-4-kids-room-stuff-reveal
    I'm excited to see what Voidcritters they have, being a Pokemon fan and all.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @HIFreeBirdIH Well the kids stuff doesn't look too bad I guess and at least they gave more than just 15 seconds lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top