Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I don't even want to look at that baby bottle.

I honestly don't believe it has anything to do with anything but I've decided this will choose the fate of TS4 to me. If this *does* turn out to be a joke then I am truly done with this franchise. And if it's nothing, like I suspect, then I'm done anyway because I'm tired of waiting. 2 years, y'all.. 2 years.

Like, Nobody should wait that long for *anything*. I've play games that have been announced, released, completed and had full DLC in the time since TS4 was released itself. Smh.

--T
  • barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    It was only a matter of time. In case some of you haven't seen it, there are some Easter Eggs in the new pack that are making some people speculate again. See pics here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889882/toddler-hint-in-dine-out/p1

I'm just too tired of being disappointed to hope for much - so I'm still at the 'believe it when I see it' stage.

Maybe it's just my mood today, but I think putting that baby bottle in there is just being mean. The "carrot of wonder" has been dangling too long.
    latest?cb=20140928175109
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2016
    Once I finish the save for all new game saves, I''ll start the Super Sim Challenge, where you need to achieve every single thing (aspirations, jobs, skills and reward traits) with one sim without turning off aging (you need to keep them alive with potions etc.). I've watched James Turner's LP and it seems fun. Because there are family aspirations in the game, it's also a good challenge for family players, so I thought I'd recommend it to you.
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    Once I finish the save for all new game saves, I''ll start the Super Sim Challenge, where you need to achieve every single thing (aspirations, jobs, skills and reward traits) with one sim without turning off aging (you need to keep them alive with potions etc.). I've watched James Turner's LP and it seems fun. Because there are family aspirations in the game, it's also a good challenge for family players, so I thought I'd recommend it to you.

That sounds like fun. Is it one sim that has it all or multiple sims in the household?
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Best to take the bottle "hint" with a grain of salt. It might just be a carrot to make people hang around and wait a few more years and buy what's released meanwhile. After two years of complete silence about anything upcoming in TS4 (as if they had a bunch of competitors in this genre that would steal their ideas..) I sometimes wonder if they don't know themselves what to make next since everything seems too be too hard or expensive in this version. To be silence is better than being accused of "empty vessels make most noise" if they can't deliver.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    There was a time where if I'd seen that bottle, I would think the SimGurus were dropping a fun hint. They used to do that in the earlier versions of Sims. Now, after all we've been subjected to, I looked at that bottle, sighed and rolled my eyes. It would be a nice hint, but I just don't believe them anymore.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when I don't feel like I can trust the team to follow through on their "sound foundation capable of fulfilling all of your desires."
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    There was a time where if I'd seen that bottle, I would think the SimGurus were dropping a fun hint. They used to do that in the earlier versions of Sims. Now, after all we've been subjected to, I looked at that bottle, sighed and rolled my eyes. It would be a nice hint, but I just don't believe them anymore.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when I don't feel like I can trust the team to follow through on their "sound foundation capable of fulfilling all of your desires."
    Yeah it's almost been like the story "The boy who cried wolf." There are only so many false hints they can drop before we stop believing in them. So thanks to Gamescom, I don't trust them anymore.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited June 2016
    I wouldn't be susprised if the "bottle hint" is a little joke from the guru's. Toddler hints has popped up a lot since I've been on the forums, so they could've popped it in as a 'what will come out of the forums this time hint'
    Well that's how I see it, not as an actual hint but a bit of mischief.

Edit to add:

Yay, my sim(s) had their first date at a restaurant. I should of taken some pics. I forgot how much I missed dinner dates. The only wish I have is that there would be some more romantic interactions like holding hands at the table ect. But it was a good date.
    Im playing rotationally with three different stories so both the Sims are mine.
    Luis went for a pee and Grace sat and waited nervously the whole time he was gone, looking around to see if he was coming back , fiddling with the menu, it was so sweet.

I'm so happy they have finally brought back restaurants. Next step will be a family meal with my other family. The kings, there son taking retired parents out for a meal. I'll get pics this time. :)
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    The silent treatment has been the most damaging thing imo. With the earlier sims games, half of the fun for me was the anticipation, to read about and look at the pictures of the upcoming EP or SP
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    It's with one sim. But you could do it how you like. :)
    Thanks @Anemone
    I used to do stuff like that with sims 3 on console for the upgrades and the trophies. Never thought about doing it for the pc version.
  • kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I have finally found the toddlers thread :smile: However sadly, it will take me to long to read everything :neutral:@clover24 I sort of had the same thought.Although I do not know what to think of the bottle. The only thing I know is I'm not putting anymore money into the game till I see them. On another note it is awesome to see all the toddler pictures!!!
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I think of the baby bottle in Sims 4 Dine out as a crude joke and nothing else.Since there was many so called hints in earlier packs and nothing happen except that so called dance after the announcement of Get Together was the title of the new ep at gamescom last August.

I have finally found the toddlers thread :smile: However sadly, it will take me to long to read everything :neutral:@clover24 I sort of had the same thought.Although I do not know what to think of the bottle. The only thing I know is I'm not putting anymore money into the game till I see them. On another note it is awesome to see all the toddler pictures!!!

Welcome to the madness and the sadness. Ironic as it is, this is probably one of the more entertaining threads of the forum barring the obvious lack of toddlers in the game, seeing as this thread is entirely about toddlers and family play.

My thoughts also. EA have definitely left a mark on me and it's not a nice one. Whenever I think of them or even see a new game they're releasing or promoting and I just think bad things. They have truly damaged the entire Sims experience, for me. It will never be the same and I will never look at The Sims the same way, ever again.

--T

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    My thoughts also. EA have definitely left a mark on me and it's not a nice one. Whenever I think of them or even see a new game they're releasing or promoting and I just think bad things. They have truly damaged the entire Sims experience, for me. It will never be the same and I will never look at The Sims the same way, ever again. --T
    Me too.

And if it comes to light that this bottle on the chef's station is just a bad joke, well... that will be one step too far for me.
    To7m wrote: »
    My thoughts also. EA have definitely left a mark on me and it's not a nice one. Whenever I think of them or even see a new game they're releasing or promoting and I just think bad things. They have truly damaged the entire Sims experience, for me. It will never be the same and I will never look at The Sims the same way, ever again. --T
    Me too.

And if it comes to light that this bottle on the chef's station is just a bad joke, well... that will be one step too far for me.

Agreed!

--T
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @To7m I actually had concerns about EA long before TS4 was even announced and even in the TS2 days I did see some things I wasn't impressed with.

I do think there is still a chance of a road to recovery though. It will not happen over night but I feel that things are slightly better than they where a year ago.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I did forget to mention the other hidden update the last patch brought too. Elders have more noticeable wrinkles now too, so seems like both elders and children got a little something with the last patch.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @JessicaSimston Congratulations!! What awesome news. Glad to hear your mom's diagnosis was not as expected. Happy Simming!
    I'm not sure how to feel about the supposed hint, I'm very indifferent over it until we get more information.

I haven't played Sims in a little while, lot's of stuff has been happening in my life. My mum had to have tests for a possible Motor Neurone Disease diagnosis, but her symptoms turned out not to be that so it's a huge relief. Me and my husband just found out we're expecting our first baby, due around Christmas time, we're both absolutely thrilled :) I'm going to try and get back into simming now, I've missed it. Sims 4 has improved but TS3 is still my main game.

Congratulations to you both :joy: Get as much simming in now before baby is due would be my advice I remember when Es was first born I believed I would still get loads of time, well I was lucky if I got a once a week session on the sims, and she is now 3 sometimes I can stretch that to twice a week.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    @bekkasan Aww thank you!

@clover24 That's what I plan to do! I have been getting very tired a lot though so I spend an abnormal amount of time sleeping, but hopefully that passes soon so I can have some more simming time :p
    @JessicaSimston yeah that will pass and come back again towards the end. But that's I tough call... simming or catching up on your sleep. Looking back I would choose sleep, but then again I have a 3 yr old that still doesn't sleep. You maybe lucky. :grimace: Ahh Im so jealous, I loved pregnancy, look after yourself and enjoy it xx
    @JessicaSimston Congratulations on your future addition of your family. That is really exciting news.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top