Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @Nectare is this build up on the Gallery, and if so, could I get a link to it? If not, would you consider sharing it for testing purposes? Also, which lot are you using?

@LemonMorrang I misunderstood your issue. Based on the image, it looks like you have the room(s) exposed such that the game is considering them outdoor areas. This can happen if there is some ceiling missing or if you have deleted/moved walls. Is the build on the Gallery by any chance, and if not, could you share it so I could take a look?

I'll be heading for bed soon but will resume testing tomorrow.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    billybobs0billybobs0 Posts: 20 Member
    Please add Terrain Tools! They make the lots look unique and more life like. This would be a really great addition to TS4 and I believe you can do it since a few of us saw certain lots with parts of terrain higher than others
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »

@Cassee you know I want to hear about your lighting disasters. :p

hehehe...well, I haven't taken any pics, but here goes

1. ceiling lights won't snap to ceiling on second floor after I have removed 'ceiling' from first floor. (open look) Gave up and put 'ceiling' back.
    2. weird lighting from basements (previous posts)
    3. I used debug lights on current build. I had to move lot over a few tiles, but the lights did not go with build. Stayed put.
    4. Not sure if it's me or not, but some of the colors seem faded with new lighting.
    5. Really don't like that bleed of light from basements :s

There were a few more, but I forgot. :/ Will check some more when I go back ingame.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Is anyone else experiencing problems with the eyedropper? Specifically, when I'm trying to use it on plants or rocks, it does not take me to the correct item but just to the general category...
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    Yes, @BryonyRae, I have noticed when I use the eyedropper on rocks, it takes me to the tree category instead. I haven't tested to see if that's the only time it happens though.
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    Does the eye dropper work on Debug items yet? Cant wait for that one!
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I found the eyedropper no longer works on roof trim (doesn't even recognise it) but that started a while back. At least I'm pretty sure it use to work originally.

I've always had the problem of placing lights in a 2 storey situation if the ceiling/floor is removed before placing. I've either had to place the light then remove the floor or use MOO.
  • Options
    wongfoo2003wongfoo2003 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would like to put two or more smaller buildings on a bigger lot.
    I mean i found two marvellous houses on 20x30 lots. It would be great to place them together on a 40x30 lot.
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    I noticed a building bug. Can't delete basement walls either by ctrl+left click & draw over the existing wall or by the hammer tool. It says action not possible here.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I found today that I can no longer go into build mode while playing in a retail lot (playing as the sun who owns the store) the build button is greyed out and says the lot can only be edited from the world map.

This might be mod related, I haven't checked yet, but I figured I'd see if anyone had heard of this yet
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    NeodarksideNeodarkside Posts: 29 Member
    Requested to post this here, reposted from the bugs discussion.

Since the latest patch, I cannot delete walls in basements. I keep getting Action Not Available or Nothing to Delete when using the hammer tool or Shift Dragging walls over existing walls. I can add more walls, stuff to walls, wallpaper, delete entire rooms with the hammer tool, and delete the floor, but I cannot delete a wall at all. I tried it without any mods in my folder and it still won't let me do anything with basement walls. Any wall above ground works like normal.

I've noticed that when its on a level with a pool above it, I cannot delete any walls, but on a level lower, I could. So for example, Ground floor with pool is ok. 1 level lower that has the base of the pool even with floor, unable to change walls, 2 levels lower than ground floor, everything works fine.
  • Options
    SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    I found the eyedropper no longer works on roof trim (doesn't even recognise it) but that started a while back. At least I'm pretty sure it use to work originally.

I just noticed that too. I feel like it was working fine for me before the patch the other day, but I may be wrong.
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
  • Options
    Thanks @SunnyKeg, I will do more testing to see what else might be affected.

@sooozeeebeee No, it doesn't. =/

@sawdust I did some testing on the roof trim as I had noticed this happening off and on in the past myself. It looks like the bug is triggered when you add a new roof to the lot or change an existing roof (its length or height, etc.). Prior to doing that, you can use the eyedropper on roof trim, but once you add a new roof or change the shape of an existing one, the eyedropper stops working until the next time you apply trim. Very weird.

And yes, the light placement is annoying, but I think it's by design. The game requires at least a grid to act as the floor for ceiling lights to be placed above it, and when you create an open story, you wind up removing that grid; it then only exists on the floor below.

@wongfoo2003 Early on, a request was made for a move building clipboard functionality that would enable us to do what you're suggesting. It's on the list. I do have concerns about an actual implementation, because I worry about potential loss of the correct Original By, but I think it's possible if done carefully.

Yes, @PrfctAngl673, we have requested for that to be changed. In the meantime, if you select the room, you can then hit DEL and delete it.

@jesf8312 I would definitely check your mods. I just tested and am able to go into build mode on my retail lot with my sim owner playing it. I tested with the business both open and closed, and it worked either way.

@Neodarkside this has been the case with rooms in basements since they were implemented. You will need to select the room and then hit the DEL key. As for walls, if you drew the wall individually (it's not considered part of a room), you should be able to delete it via sledgehammer or CTRL+wall. I just tested it in my game and also with a pool as you've described. Do you have any mods/CC? Have you tried repairing your game?
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    Thanks BryonyRae. I thought the new patch messed up deleting basement walls. I didn't know it's always been that way since they were implemented. Good to know the patch didn't mess that up.
  • Options

@Neodarkside this has been the case with rooms in basements since they were implemented. You will need to select the room and then hit the DEL key. As for walls, if you drew the wall individually (it's not considered part of a room), you should be able to delete it via sledgehammer or CTRL+wall. I just tested it in my game and also with a pool as you've described. Do you have any mods/CC? Have you tried repairing your game?[/quote]

I've only noticed it just recently, before when building basements I never noticed an issue with deleting individual walls. I do run mods/CC but I removed them all and tried it without them and still couldn't. I'll try repairing my game. Not sure if drawing a single wall or using the room tool did anything, was still unable to modify or delete it with sledgehammer.
  • Options
    Can't seem to edit my own post, but heres an update. I did a repair, no change. And it doesn't matter if there is a pool on that level or not, just seems that some areas cannot be modified with CTRL+Wall or sledgehammer. I made tons of rooms, some connecting, some not. Rooms not connected usually could be modified but any connected could not. Its odd, and now that I think about it, I don't know when this issue began happening, I haven't really been doing any building for awhile, and when I did, I usually didn't modify existing ones. Either way, its just odd that I try to break down walls and I either get "Nothing to delete" or "Action not possible" and the sledgehammer tool normally lights up things that can be altered, and it doesn't in that situation. I might try a brand new world save and see what happens.
  • Options
    @Neodarkside I just want to be clear on what you are experiencing:
    1. If you draw an individual wall in the basement using the wall tool, can you delete it with the sledgehammer?
    2. If you draw two or more connected rooms, can you use the sledgehammer to delete their dividing walls?

I am able to do both of the above. However, you cannot delete the exterior walls of a room with the sledgehammer. As I said, you need to select the entire room and then press the DEL key.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    We've had a bit of a breakthrough in the invisible walls issue. It appears to be caused by certain wall patterns, in certain colors. For instance, Mosaic Mania, 4th color option down on the left side, will cause the bug. You can see it in action by taking a look at the basegame Villareal home in Windenburg; a downstairs bathroom with the wall style has invisible walls. If you move the room, the walls become visible, and you can eyedropper the pattern and apply it to another room. Save, exit, and re-load, and you will find that the new room then also has invisible walls. Now, we need to note affected wall patterns. As you find them, please post. :)
  • Options
    @Neodarkside I just want to be clear on what you are experiencing:
    1. If you draw an individual wall in the basement using the wall tool, can you delete it with the sledgehammer?
    2. If you draw two or more connected rooms, can you use the sledgehammer to delete their dividing walls?

I am able to do both of the above. However, you cannot delete the exterior walls of a room with the sledgehammer. As I said, you need to select the entire room and then press the DEL key.

Well.. I feel silly now. Odd tho, I could have sworn you could delete any wall anywhere while below ground. Yes, I cannot sledgehammer a exterior wall, but I can interior. I guess to be honest, I've never had to edit rooms I've placed below ground, this might be the first time I tried it. Well then, thanks for your time. :blush:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Okay, Ms Bry! I have to vent....I built a cute little diner for our new GP and I can't use it. Sims will not order food from a counter. They have to go 'claim' a table, then they can take their food to the counter. Meanwhile their 'table' is unusable.

hmff.....so much for my cute lil diner....me sad :'(:'( I was going to try and duplicate my Sims 3 Super Simple Sushi Shack. Can't do that now....more sad :'(:'(:'(

Good Night
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Can you explain a little bit more about what you mean @Cassee? Are you not using a host(ess) to seat the customers? My understanding of the process is that you have to have the host seat them and cannot unfortunately assign your own seating... Or is this a restaurant you're having your sims visit and not one you own? I haven't play tested that, so I'm not familiar with whether the rules are looser when you're just visiting, but I wouldn't be surprised if you have to be seated by a host(ess) when visiting also...
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    So I'm trying to create a gasoline pump (like at a filling station). I was playing around with enlarging the Massage Oil bottle and I tried to place the Menu Archive wall object on it by placing a wall in the basement and raising it up. When I did that, the "asphalt" floor covering disappeared like so:

n9n89Zm.png

The terrain there is no longer level for some reason and I can't paint it again with the floor covering. Does anyone know why this happens?
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    It sounds like a similar problem that occurred with placing pools and is due to the ground not being perfectly level. Are you on the block where the Juice Bar is (can't remember the name) at the far right end of the commercial section in Oasis Springs? That's a terrible block to work on and EA have never fixed it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Can you explain a little bit more about what you mean @Cassee? Are you not using a host(ess) to seat the customers? My understanding of the process is that you have to have the host seat them and cannot unfortunately assign your own seating... Or is this a restaurant you're having your sims visit and not one you own? I haven't play tested that, so I'm not familiar with whether the rules are looser when you're just visiting, but I wouldn't be surprised if you have to be seated by a host(ess) when visiting also...

Any counters from game Ms Bry. Sims can't order food from them. They have to 'request a table'...an actual table. Sit down, order food, then they can get up and take their food to the counter if they want to. I'm just sad that my Diner is ruined. If I redo it to include the 'bar' tables, it loses it's 'diner' feel.
    05-23-16_6-15-32nbspPM_zpsjvpg256k.png

:'(:'(
    Post edited by Cassee on
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    It sounds like a similar problem that occurred with placing pools and is due to the ground not being perfectly level. Are you on the block where the Juice Bar is (can't remember the name) at the far right end of the commercial section in Oasis Springs? That's a terrible block to work on and EA have never fixed it.

That's precisely where it is. I think I'll move my build to a new lot before I get too much farther along. Although curiously enough, the ground was level (i.e. I could place the floor tiles) before I put in the basement wall to MOO up the wall sculpture.