Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Could I get the names of the builds @YaraZen? And are we sure that the CC mark had nothing to do with Tray Importer images or photos/paintings of CC art?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    YaraZenYaraZen Posts: 97 Member
    edited March 2016
    Point Hope Cottage by @francoesque and ♥Flower Fairy Starter♥12k by @TemerianRye. If one clicks the option to see customcontent uploads in the gallery feed for community creations I noticed an increased number, even sims, without tray importer images or custom content visible.
    No tray importer used for both creations mentioned above. The CC tag wasn't visible for both creators via gallery.
    Showcase-thread: YaraZen's Creations
    Apologies for any mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    Okay, I will take a look at them @YaraZen. Will let you know what I find out. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @YaraZen I was not able to duplicate the CC tag in either case. I first downloaded Point Hope Cottage, placed it, and then saved it to my library. Had there been an issue with the debug pond, I would have expected it to flag my save as CC. However, when I shared it (temporarily, in order to see what would happen), it was not flagged. Likewise, with Flower Fairy Starter, placing, saving, and sharing it, it remained CC free in my test. Of course, we don't know which object was suspected in that case.

I think, however, that this may be a case where the builders had something in their mods folder and/or need to clear their cache and repair the game. I really recommend clearing the cache and doing a repair after every patch anyway. Could you check with them and have them do that? Although in TemerianRye's case, I noticed that there is a second version of the build that is not flagged CC. Do you know what steps she/he took to get rid of the flag?
  • Options
    Thank you so much @BryonyRae .

The CC tag is not visible for the creator. That is the worst part of the tag. Until I hadn't told them neither of them was aware it showed as CC for others. Creators themselves can only check if they use the app or log in to the gallery via browser.
    I think @TemerianRye placed again and simply saved it again which makes it even stranger. @francoesque got rid of the debug pond and some food his testsim had left, if my memory doesn't fail me now.
  • Options
    So, you're saying that if @francoesque goes to the Community tab on the gallery and enters his/her own Origin ID in the search field, they're seeing the build but not the CC mark? What happens if they have the "Include Custom Content" filter turned off? Does it still show up for them as if the filter was on? Let me try another test. I'll just delete everything on the Point Hope Cottage but that pond and then share the build as "Test Wrong CC Mark." Would you please then take a look in the Gallery and tell me what you see? If the pond is bugged, and as you say, the mark won't show up for me, I would think you would still see it.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Yes, I can do so.
    I asked francoesque to explain it himself, my English is limited, I am sorry. :)

Edit: But for him it doesn't show as CC at all so he doesn't have to turn off the filter. The uploads are missing in app and browser which is an indication they are filtered for others. Currently, we have to check each other's uploads.
  • Options
    @YaraZen Okay, I have uploaded the lot, clear of everything but the pond. To me, it appears not to be marked as CC when I look at it in the Community tab. What do you see?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @BryonyRae, this shows super fine, no CC tag. I will do a test myself and see if I can redo some of the causes we think are responsible for the bug.
  • Options
    @YaraZen Then rather than it having to do with an object, what I'd suspect (if the two builders have already tried clearing their caches and repairing) would be a potential bug with the new code Maxis has in place to mark Tray Importer image lots as CC. I think we'll have to keep an eye on it and gather more reports. If you need me to take a look at anything you upload, let me know.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @BryonyRae I uploaded a lot with all ponds possible :smiley: and left food in fridge and on counter plus a painting my sim started. It didn't show as CC, had it checked by franco. Thank you so much for your offer. :)
    Will definitely do. Further reports posted here as well?
  • Options
    @YaraZen yes, please, and especially if anyone can figure out how to duplicate it, as that will make it easier for devs to find and fix. But if it is the type of bug I suspect, that may not be possible.
  • Options
    @BryonyRae . Ok, will do. Just re-uploaded francoesque's lot that showed CC for me but not for him. It is still CC in my library but as soon I upload it the CC tag is gone. Didn't change anything on the lot, tray importer on my computer still installed. :) Hope, that might help.
  • Options
    francoesquefrancoesque Posts: 52 Member

Hi @BryonyRae - just to confirm what happened on my lot, Point Hope Cottage. I built the lot, including the debug pond, then playtested. My sim did not create any art. I have no CC or mods and have never run Sims 4 on my current PC with either. Nor did the build at any point contain CC art from the gallery. My sim did cook a meal and experience the welcome wagon, so she had packed away her food (fruit kebabs, not that it'll matter) and the fruitcake in the fridge. The plates had been cleaned away. She had fished in the pond.

I uploaded the build, which was not flagged as CC for me and it was only when @YaraZen helpfully commented that it showed CC that I realised. I couldn't see the CC flag myself, even which I selected the lot on my feed. I checked on the PC gallery and saw that it didn't show in my catalog. I removed it and re-uploaded it several times (five by my recollection). At first I just re-uploaded, still showing CC and this didn't show for me when I was preparing to upload - as I've never used CC I don't know if the flag shows beforehand normally, but it certainly didn't for me any of the times I uploaded the lot. @YaraZen checked each time and commented to let me know it was still showing as CC. So I removed items in stages to see what caused the flag, then reuploaded.

To summarise each upload:
    1 - initial build - CC flagged
    2 - repeat of initial build - CC flagged
    3 - removed food - even deleting and repurchasing the fridge - CC flagged
    4 - Then I removed the bin (dishes had been cleaned) -CC flagged
    5 - I then removed the pond - no other changes - and the lot uploaded successfully.

It was at this point called Il Gatto Bianco as every time I looked at it, it reminded me of a white cat sat staring at me :) .

The lot was 30x20 and I placed in Willow Creek on Hallow Slough. I did try one (3rd) on Potter's Splay, before returning to Hallow Slough for 4 and 5.
  • Options
    francoesquefrancoesque Posts: 52 Member
    edited March 2016
    And I've just run another test @BryonyRae and @YaraZen - with interesting results.

I reuploaded the first version of the lot - this time titled "Test - please ignore - TY" - the exact lot, placed in the same location in willow creek as before. This was version 1. I made no changes, just reuploaded.

CC wasn't flagged.

I then uploaded the 2nd version - the one on gallery as Point Hope Cottage (which is v2) - again with no changes, I just placed, saved as a fresh file and uploaded as "Test - please do not DL".

CC wasn't flagged

Based on this and the tests @BryonyRae and @YaraZen have performed with the lot, also showing no CC, I suspect Maxis are fine tuning the code on the gallery side to take out false positives and this is being done on a regular basis, with out client-side downloads (i.e. patches we have to download). At some point between my original upload and now, their code was updated so debug items (maybe even debug ponds in particular) don't flag as CC. As a result, the problem that caused Point Hope Cottage to show as CC is fixed.

@TemerianRye must be triggering the CC flag for another reason, one that hasn't been fixed (hers went up only this lunchtime GMT).

I expect we'll see Maxis continuing to update the code on their side to take out the false positives. However, it seems to be the case that if a lot was flagged as CC it will not see the flag removed as it was applied at point of upload. (As an aside, this looks to match assumptions that the retrospective flagging on tray importer lots was done manually by Maxis, which looked the case at the time).
  • Options
    I hope you're right @francoesque, and that this may be something they have already fixed. We'll have to just keep an eye on it and see. If you or anyone else you know do experience the problem again, please report it here.
  • Options
    TemerianRyeTemerianRye Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I know I'm a little bit late with my answer, but I thought I'd let you know what I did after @YaraZen told me that my upload had been flagged as cc:

I loaded the exact same lot with the exact same build I had uploaded to the gallery, unpaused it for a few seconds, went to build mode and saved the lot to the library again. I did not change, touch, move or add anything. My test sim did not even move. ;) This time, everything was ok, no cc flag or anything unusual.

I usually clear out the game cache files every 1-2 weeks. I think the last time I did it was last week on tuesday or wednesday.
    I had not used the repaire game function for a while, but I have done it now.
    I do have and use custom content in my game. (But this has never caused a problem with my uploads so far). For this build I did
    not even select or click on a piece of cc.

I noticed that a lot of my uploads that had a custom screenshot got flagged as cc yesterday, so maybe this has something to do with it, idk. :)
    I don't mind if they retroactively mark my uploads with custom screenshot as cc, because I do understand why.. but at least all the other uploads should not be affected by all that ;)) If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the update @TemerianRye. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I have a new request, probably difficult and thus probably "pie in the sky," but if it could be implemented, it would introduce so many creative possibilities. It was inspired by this shot I found on Pinterest:

img_7216.jpg

I would like to get the ability to tilt objects, essentially vertical rotation. It would be especially awesome to be able to do it free-form, using ALT, but I could also happily live with preset angles. Oh, the awesome geometric stuff we could do if we had this. :)

Edit: And I just realized what day this is...this is a real request, not an April Fool's Joke. :p
  • Options
    FYI, starting tomorrow, I'm headed off on a family vacation. I won't have access to the Internet, but I should be back in action sometime on Saturday, 4/9/16. :)
  • Options
    One more request before I go. I would really like to see some debug ponds with shapes other than a perfect circle. To me, it just doesn't look very natural in the world. To some extent, the shape can be modified, by clever placement of landscaping objects, but that requires bb.moveobjects. I'd rather see some different pre-made shapes introduced; I'm thinking of an oval and an 8-ish shape, but any new shapes would be good.

This request assumes that we're not getting the ability to modify the terrain in order to draw lakes/ponds/rivers ourselves, or at least not anytime soon. Obviously, if we could draw them ourselves, that would be the ideal.

Another option would be to give us a few small pre-made shapes, but make them modular, such that we could join pond pieces together in a variety of ways. I would really like that but can imagine it would be fairly complex.
  • Options
    rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    Would love round roofing and spiral stairs or landing stairs. So many other build idea I would love in the game just to many to list
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    What we had in Sims 3 with swimming pools and the ability to make concave and convex curves would be nice for both pools and ponds. :)
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    rcone wrote: »
    Would love round roofing and spiral stairs or landing stairs. So many other build idea I would love in the game just to many to list

I would love that too! I'm working on a build right now that desperately needed a spiral staircase. I miss the round roofs too. Were we able to make round rooms in Sims3? I cant remember.
  • Options
    Nope, we weren't but at least we had round roofs. And they had landing stairs in the store if I remember correctly.
    I wish we had all of those things mentioned above. Also, would love to get rounded bay windows, like in the Ultra Lounge set. And roof windows. And open windows.