Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    edited June 2016
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    More on the patch, after further testing:

A new thing to note: we must now be careful of which way a window is oriented; if the arrow is pointing in, it can change color of the light and add floor shadow

Has anyone else experienced this impacting the curtains in the room? Depending on what way the window is facing, a vivid blue hue may be added to the curtain color. Unfortunately for the windows that you can't reverse (for instance, the ones with shutters), I haven't found a solution. I noticed on a new build I started today but went back and checked another build from before the patch and can confirm this is new as of today (for me anyway).
    Post edited by SunnyKeg on
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2016
    There appears to be a visual glitch with doors windows behind a half-wall balcony not showing up when viewed from a floor above. The front door is the same type and visible. So are the small windows on the right side (yellow part). The back door is also visible (not recessed and with a 2-tile foundation-step).

6d51a6e2ef.png

That's the view from the roof level. If I go down to the level the door/windows are on, it's visible, but then I cant see the roof, obviously.

It was working pre-patch (for the door, not sure about windows), as you can see here:

cd026ee831.jpg

@SimGuruArvin @SimGuruNick - Are graphical glitches included in bugs?
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited June 2016
    @SunnyKeg Yes, it appears to be a new graphics glitch related to the lighting change in the patch. I will add it to our list. I have found a workaround. The lighting change occurs when the curtain is "snapped to" the window. If you place the curtain first and then the window, avoiding the objects locking together, you can avoid the lighting change.

Curtain Bug Details:

Reproduce by 1) Build a room, 2) place window(s) (Octopane in this case), 3) choose a non-floor length window covering (Flaunting Flounces Panels in this case) and note the color as you hold it up to the window but prior to snapping it on, 4) place on window, letting it "snap to" the window; note the color change.

Color as it should be, seen prior to snapping curtain to window:
    curtcolor1_zpskdfybd4f.jpg

Color as it is after snapping:
    curtcolor2_zpstuqkywdz.jpg
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @EmmaVane could you upload your build as a test lot to the Gallery? I tried to duplicate what you're seeing my own game using the same basic design, but the doors/windows are appearing in my game. We used to have a bug like this in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if had recurred, but it would help if I could take a closer look at your actual build. Also, I have to ask the requisite do you use any mods/CC? If so, please try removing them, then clear your cache and repair the game. Even if you don't use mods/CC, clearing your cache and repairing is always a good idea post patch.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Thanks @BryonyRae, I'd been messing around with it a ton but hadn't discovered that workaround yet. Sort of a pain as the curtain placement can be tricky to get right in some cases before the window is there, but I'm glad you found that.

One other thing, you may have already noticed if you tested at all before finding the workaround. The color of the blinds seems to be impacted by multiple factors - the directions the windows are facing, the height of the curtain placement, whether or not the room has a ceiling (even if it has a roof), and more. Mostly it just looks like the color issues that have been in the game the whole time, where the blues and yellows added per the time of day are really overstated, impacts the curtain colors.
  • Options
    Yes @SunnyKeg, changing the window facing direction is another workaround, if people don't mind the floor shadow and in cases where the window's exterior side doesn't differ much from its interior side, and also, as you noted, placing the curtain at a different height (or any way you place it where it doesn't snap to the window) is another. Rooms without ceilings aren't considered rooms by the game and as such, are subject to outside lighting, so at that point, you just have the color changes brought on by the exterior hue.
  • Options
    Ah well, thanks for tracking all the weird stuff down for us as always. You have some admirable patience! o:)
  • Options
    You're welcome, but the truth is, I like tracking down the weird stuff. :p
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    edited June 2016
    A weird glitch happened in my game after the new pacth. In the bathroom shown in the pictures below, after a sim took a bath the wall that separates the bathtub from the shower became translucent (I could even see the outside of the house). When I tried to click on the wall in build mode it was not possible to do it from the translucent side, it was like the wall was not even there. When I look at the wall from the right and from outside of the house everyting is normal. You'll understand better looking at the pictures. When I deleted the wall and built a new one everything was back to normal, but I thought it was worth mentioning it. I haven't played much after that to see if it happens again.

06-02-16_6-10-24nbspPM_zps58ukgpcw.png

06-02-16_6-13-14nbspPM_zpsrwldsufg.png

How it was supposed to be:

06-02-16_6-13-52nbspPM_zpsuzlqeiwg.png

One other problem is the lighting in a sunken garage I have in the same house. The light is shining through the line between the wall and the foundation all around the room and through odd places in the stairs to the basement. It looks like this:

06-02-16_5-54-22nbspPM_zpssltaugff.png

06-02-16_5-54-27nbspPM_zpsmon6ocf1.png

I'm running the game with the highest graphics settings for everything and I'm not using any CC or mods (I use MC command center, but it's disabled since the patch).
    Post edited by vethesims on
  • Options
    @vethesims the invisible walls is a new bug being reported by a lot of people (check out the Bugs forum). I have yet to experience it in my own game, but yours is the first description I've seen that maybe gives us a clue that it's related to a sim's activity in the game. Have you been able to duplicate it again, the next time a sim took a bath? Were you playing in a save created pre or post patch? Any mods/CC?

From your pictures, it looks like the basement is exposed to the outdoors perhaps? I'm seeing what looks like the new sun streaks in that second picture. If so, it could be a consequence of the new lighting change. I will take a look at basements (both exposed and unexposed) in my game.
  • Options
    Oh boy, you found a big one @vethesims. New lighting + basements with foundation is not mixing well. What I've found: when you draw a basement room under a room with a foundation higher than 1 tick up and then add stairs from the basement up into the room, the basement room is then treated as if it has windows with outdoor light streaming into the room. It looks like this:
    basementissue1_zpsyt2vreth.jpg

and like this from the room above:
    basementissue2_zpsivwg2p2u.jpg

Keep in mind, that the room above the basement that I drew for testing is a fully enclosed space with no windows/doors, as is the basement room itself. Evidently, however, the foundation is being treated as something of an open space or window...

Adding lights to the basement doesn't help:
    basementissue3_zpsyourlsfb.jpg

but will then cause the glow you noticed around the foundation line:
    basementissue4_zpsnqn1vgk3.jpg

If you remove or lower the foundation down to 1 tick, the problem goes away. I will add this to our list.
  • Options
    Both of the new lighting issues have also been added to the AHQ collection thread here, so if you experience them, please click "Me Too" on the thread.
  • Options
    @BryonyRae - No mods/CC. All TS4 content added onto LE BG (minus the TS3 rewards).

Uploaded the house for testing - https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0ABBBCB929D911E6817081FD6F9C3C95

It still looks bugged in my game, but looks fine on gallery images.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @BryonyRae Thank you for taking a look at it, that's exactly what was happening in my game. I just tested it and lowering the foundation solved the problem. Thanks for adding the problem to the list, I hope it gets fixed!

Now for the invisible wall: I think I may have been mistaken when I said it happened after a sim took a bath. I assumed that because I didn't notice it when she was inside the tub, only when she got out, but now everytime I load that save the wall is invisible.

I don't use CC and I have MC Command Center installed, but it's disabled since the patch. The save I'm playing was created pre patch. I did some tests just now: I opened and closed the game a few times, replacing the wall each time, and everytime I loaded the save the wall was invisible. I made a copy of the save and the issue remained. Then I tried to build another bathroom just like the other one to see if the same would happen and it didn't. The last thing I did was create a new save and place my house (it's in the gallery here and the problem happens in the ensuite bathroom) in the same lot as before (Pier Palace, in Windenburg). The invisible wall was there again. I'll now try to place the house in a different lot to see what happens.

Edit: I just did it. Placing the house in a different lot made no difference, the invisible wall was still there. So the problem is with the house somehow, or with my game. :sweat:
  • Options
    @EmmaVane downloaded your build, and yes, I can confirm I'm seeing the gaps for doors/windows as well. We reported this bug in the past, and it was fixed in the August 2015 patch, but now, it seems to be back. Here is the original AHQ bug report for it. I have asked @crinrict to re-open the thread when she gets a chance and will also add it back to our list. Quite a bummer. :/
  • Options
    @EmmaVane downloaded your build, and yes, I can confirm I'm seeing the gaps for doors/windows as well. We reported this bug in the past, and it was fixed in the August 2015 patch, but now, it seems to be back. Here is the original AHQ bug report for it. I have asked @crinrict to re-open the thread when she gets a chance and will also add it back to our list. Quite a bummer. :/

Yeah, I remember having it in the past with my Crypt Clothing Co. lot. That was before half walls though, so I don't know if it's the same thing causing it.
  • Options
    @vethesims I downloaded your build, and I do indeed see the invisible walls problem in your bathroom. I tried a couple of things: 1) redrew the entire room and then the dividing wall, saved the lot to my library, bulldozed, and replaced it. This worked. 2) moved the room to another location on the lot, at which point the walls re-appeared, then moved it back to its original position (walls still looked good), saved the lot to my library, bulldozed, and replaced it. This did not work. It also didn't work just leaving the room in another spot - the room itself was definitely bugged. I don't think that the lot matters; I placed it on multiple lots and still saw the problem. I'll add it to our list. I think we might have more bugs than fixes with this patch. :p
  • Options
    @BryonyRae Yeah, it's a shame to have so many new bugs with the patch. :neutral: Thanks again for testing everything and helping me find a work around the issues! I'll redraw the room and hope that's the only invisible wall I find in my saves. :tongue:
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have tried all of the above with the whole lot as well as just the room and its not working that room just remains bugged for some reason on that lot - its fine on other lots so I am not sure what is going on. I even tried pulling in from my library a save prior to patch - still didnt work. Fortunately it seems to be the only house affected, unfortunately its the house I play most. (its on windenburg isle)

RIP Pinecone and Puf Daddi :'(
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    LemonMorrangLemonMorrang Posts: 50 Member
    OKAY YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT SEE THROUGH WALLS BUT IS ANY ONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?]
    (I put periods on the http part) I'm a new member so I can't post a picture, but I really hard to see while building and it's affecting Live and Build Mode. Please help. Since the patch update this keeps happening. I removed all mods, repaired the game, and I'm in the middle of the process I reinstalling it.

h.t.t.ps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TolMB-owHXQ/V1IK8kUTilI/AAAAAAAAGRY/TLKpvwc9b20LGYBAgJ1Yr_V93e9gqyGnwCL0B/w1016-h571-no/06-03-16_5-27-07%25C2%25A0PM.png
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Here ya go, sweetie♥♥ Don't worry. Ms Bry will help you out....I haven't had this problem yet, but I have had some weird lighting disasters. Hope everything gets fixed.

06-03-16_5-27-07%25C2%25A0PM.png
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Cassee wrote: »
    Here ya go, sweetie♥♥ Don't worry. Ms Bry will help you out....I haven't had this problem yet, but I have had some weird lighting disasters. Hope everything gets fixed!

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GRATEFUL I AM
  • Options
    @Nectere and @LemonMorrang have you tried redrawing the room completely? To do so, use the room tool (or custom room tool) and redraw the entire area (not just the invisible walls). Save the lot to your library, bulldoze, and then place the saved build from your library back onto the lot. If it works the same as in my game, the invisible walls will be fixed at that point.

@Cassee you know I want to hear about your lighting disasters. :p
  • Options
    @Nectere and @LemonMorrang have you tried redrawing the room completely? To do so, use the room tool (or custom room tool) and redraw the entire area (not just the invisible walls). Save the lot to your library, bulldoze, and then place the saved build from your library back onto the lot. If it works the same as in my game, the invisible walls will be fixed at that point.

@Cassee you know I want to hear about your lighting disasters. :p

IT's not the invisble walls that's the problem. The lighting is just really weird. I have my graphic settings on ultra. Maybe my computer just can't handle it. My game is still downloading from 4 (yes four) hours ago. I try what you said however and let you know the result
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    @BryonyRae Yeah I have completely rebuilt the whole lower floor saved and placed the whole house/rooms multiple times - the thing is these rooms in the basement were rooms in the styled rooms catalog by Maxis - I built the upper house but when my sim was abducted and popped out a mini him I added the basement by using the maxis rooms and then just slightly modifying them. The house is fine on any lot except this one now - its as if the lot itself is bugging out - it also loads slower than other lots. *shrug* I am at a loss.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim