Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited June 2016
    @jol1990 I have this problems also. I use to be able to see what I was using...now, NOPE! Your Gallery example is spot on....I can't see what packs are used for any of my builds anymore. Before, I could click on 'Share' and it would show me what pack(s) I was using. It's been a while, I just assumed it was one of EA's updates and they had decided to change something once again. Maybe Ms Bry can get them to adjust it back to the way it was. She's awesome♥
    Post edited by Cassee on
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I agree with you both. As a builder I want to see what I'm using in a quick overview like before.
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    What I think has happened is that somewhere along the line, they changed it so that the Gallery only shows packs that you don't own. For instance @jol1990, on your Modern Number 3, I don't see any of the packs, and that's because I own them already. The only time I'm seeing packs is when someone has used Cool Kitchen or Spooky Stuff, which are my holdouts to date. I think it makes sense from the perspective of someone viewing others downloads in the Gallery; you really only need a heads-up if there are objects you don't have in the build. However, I definitely concur that from a builder's perspective, it would be nice to see a listing of which packs you used. Maybe this is something they could implement in a different way, if they don't want to change the packs listing in the Gallery. Maybe they could put it on the info tab in build mode? Definitely worth a request!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited June 2016
    For now I have a worse problem. After the last update of my house Sweet Bachelor Life downloaded from the Gallery looks like this. .
    vpgmb58d20bq.jpg
    Before and after sending this house was proven in the game by four people including me. And there was no error. But after the last update it is. Part of walls disappeared :'(
    P>S there was no MOO used
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    Yes, it's a bug @kreatora. We have reported it. The workaround is to redraw the affected room and use a different wall pattern. Or you could wait, as in all likelihood, once the bug is fixed in a future patch, the wall will be visible again without having to change it.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I was wondering @BryonyRae if the glass door issue has ever been mentioned/requested to be fixed. Specifically the "Simple Glass Double Door" that isn't glass and has been this way from the beginning. Also the "Stark Front Door", while not specifically saying it should be glass, would look more in line if it was. (the 2 doors in the red box below)

At the moment I'm using a mod to fix the double door but I really want EA to make the change official.

06-24-16_8-31-37nbspAM_zpszfchfzkj.png

ps. don't know what happened to my red box in the pic but I'm sure you know which doors I mean. :)
  • Options
    jol1990jol1990 Posts: 257 Member
    kreatora wrote: »
    For now I have a worse problem. After the last update of my house Sweet Bachelor Life downloaded from the Gallery looks like this. .
    vpgmb58d20bq.jpg
    Before and after sending this house was proven in the game by four people including me. And there was no error. But after the last update it is. Part of walls disappeared :'(
    P>S there was no MOO used

what helped me was moving the lot to a different lot and it stopped happening. this does mean moving your sims out though!
    mETeT9z.jpg

Check out my buildings on the gallery under my name or on my building showcase! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/794210/j0l1990-s-building-showcase/p3
    To find me on the gallery, look for J0L1990 thats the number 0, not an O!
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    @BryonyRae Thank you for your answer. I prefer to wait. Before last update there wasn't this bug and for now not too many players are taken this house. But one guy had >:) and sent me this photo on my forum. I can't say I was very happy when I have discovered this photo and what was written under it XD
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    @sawdust We have asked about those doors - whether it is a bug or a feature that they aren't actually glass. We have not received an answer.

@kreatora I understand. It's always horrifying to discover that there is a problem with your build that you didn't cause, especially when you have tested it, etc. Many of mine have been hit by patch bugs, so I do know how you feel.
  • Options
    Thanks @BryonyRae. Is there anyone I can harass to get it done or an explanation as to why it's not done? That's harass in a nice way. ;)
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    @BryonyRae I am sorry I didnt see your message (name was misspelled) about the walls earlier - my house that had the issue I had to rebuild the entire basement - I had enough room to move the affected basement to the side and duplicate it by rebuilding it. I could not get the basement to stop being affected until I replaced all walls connected to the original corruption on that level, it was a creeping corruption that would just move to the next room. All is well now however so I dont know if anyone else is still having this issue or it was patched to not occur again. (although I did dl a house that had paper walls the other day)

Currently I have another issue:
    I am not sure when this occurred but I would like to know why and how I can fix it. I worked really hard to create interior stairwells and vaulted ceilings without exterior trims in them in a few of my builds, and now with whatever update there are exterior trims and friezes on the inside of my buildings that I can not get rid of without obliterating all of it on the outside. Granted I had to do some orderly building to get them to not appear on the inside in the first place but it worked and I was pleased, everything looked as it should with interior multistory stairwells properly fenced and exterior trims in their place - on the outside. I am now not pleased. There are friezes everywhere. That's cold man, cold. Is anyone else having this issue and how do you get around it to restore your stairwells while retaining the finishing touches to your exteriors?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    I don't know if this will solve all your frieze issues @Nectere, but holding down the shift key when you apply a frieze will put it on one wall only as opposed to the whole room. :)
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Hey what wall pattern is that which makes the wall invisible?? It could be useful in some situations!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @IngeJones I dont think it was really a wall paper that was causing it. In my case it was a kids wallpaper, the one with little flowers on it called flower power. Anyway I have a strong hunch it was tied to the lighting update.

@sawdust Holy smokes! HOLY SMOKES! HOLY SAWDUST! You've made my day.

I am so pleased!!! haha happy frieze dance!
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2016
    sawdust wrote: »
    I was wondering @BryonyRae if the glass door issue has ever been mentioned/requested to be fixed. Specifically the "Simple Glass Double Door" that isn't glass and has been this way from the beginning. Also the "Stark Front Door", while not specifically saying it should be glass, would look more in line if it was. (the 2 doors in the red box below)

At the moment I'm using a mod to fix the double door but I really want EA to make the change official.

06-24-16_8-31-37nbspAM_zpszfchfzkj.png

ps. don't know what happened to my red box in the pic but I'm sure you know which doors I mean. :)

I believe these doors are frosted glass. They let a moderate amount of light through before the lighting change (haven't checked since).

ETA: I was curious what the change would be so I checked in game. The 1-tile version still lets in some diffused light (like I expect from frosted/semi-opaque glass). The double version doesn't (not sure if it ever did now, I don't use it much).

I tested each door with the matching wood version of the door and a doorless room in case the light was leaking through the frames.

Front View

e078abd6c9.jpg

Back View

19c267185b.jpg

So it looks like the double door isn't working as it's supposed to, and even the single door could do with a little tweaking to make it more obvious.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    @EmmaVane Thanks for the info but even as frosted glass it looks terrible imo. Most frosted glass still has some transparency. If they can't get it right, better to have plain glass. I like using these doors but only because I have a mod that makes the glass look like glass. :)

@Nectere glad I could help. :)
  • Options
    Hey all - are sims paintings still being treated as custom content in house uploads? I dont have any CC but my house has lots of paintings and photos which are new and named so I am not sure what else could be causing the CC tag
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    Hey all - are sims paintings still being treated as custom content in house uploads? I dont have any CC but my house has lots of paintings and photos which are new and named so I am not sure what else could be causing the CC tag

I think that they still are. Photos are supposed to be safe now, but I have not had any experience with either yet. I'm super happy that we can enlarge our paintings now! That was a big win!
  • Options
    I know the paintings like abstract, landscape etc. don't get classed as CC. I'm not sure about the "paint from reference" paintings though and I have no idea about photos as I'm the world's worst photographer in RL so don't even attempt it in game. ;)
  • Options
    Really strange, for some reason the game didnt like the photos and paintings specifically of my grandparents (it was their house). My sim grandparents painted photos of each other and another household member took a few photos of them together. All other paintings and photos left in the house were fine, just not ones of them.... :disappointed:
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Sorry, guys, it's been a rough week here. Thanks so much for helping Nectere @sawdust. :)

@IngeJones it doesn't seem to be as simple as certain wall patterns being bugged (although we thought so at first). It seems more like a corruption that happens in a room that gets reset when you apply a different wall pattern. Even if you use a pattern that may have bugged in one build/lot, it might not in another.

@sawdust What I'll probably do is run all of our "Bug or Feature" questions by a guru when I get a chance. Sometimes it's easier to get answers when we break up the list a bit (since it's huge).

@Nectere the CC bug with photos is supposed to be fixed, but painting by reference is definitely still bugged. The best approach to take when trying to get paintings through unflagged is to save first, create a painting, place it in a room, and try saving the room, noting whether or not it is flagged as CC. If not, save the game and continue to another painting. If so, reload the game and try again. Also, if possible, you may want to save your sims to your library, and then start a new game and try taking your photos and creating your paintings in the new game.
  • Options
  • Options
    @BryonyRae when you do the bug or feature Q&A can you ask about the public bathrooms being flagged as toilets? I do realize you cant find those bathrooms unless you show hidden objects - but - there are two model types of the "unassuming public bathroom" that are not flagged as toilets, however "the restroom republic" model is flagged as a toilet.

I think a lot of us use them for parks and other lots along with career items and all kinds of things that can only be found through show hidden objects. The bathrooms arent marked DEBUG on them so there is no indication that they should not function as a toilet and be flagged as such. Thanks!

About the photos and paintings I am at a loss, as the photos shouldnt be affected but somehow just the ones of them specifically are marked as CC even though they didnt even pose for them. It took me a while to narrow it down to just those specific photos and paintings, but it really is just ones they are in. Weirdest thing ever.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    I don't suppose they're wearing CC in the photos @Nectere? I know that's a long shot but hey, it's the Sims, anything can happen! ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @sawdust heh I wish it were that simple but no I dont have any cc or mods in my game at all and probably wont until the game fully stabilizes :wink:

If anyone wants to verify its not just me I can upload the room with the paintings and photos to the gallery, its just 4 photos and 2 paintings.

EDIT
    ok circling back around on this and trying to find a way to make it right - taking the sims to their retail lot and having the photography session AND paint by reference done there did not result in a CC tag. My grandparents now have lovely new photos and paintings of them done at their community garden (retail lot) to hang in their home without being tagged as CC. So, if anyone else is having this odd anomaly, try taking them to a not home lot for the reference paintings and personal candid shots. At least I fixed my issue lol
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Origin ID NectereSim