Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @Nectere yes, I'll add that one to the list and ask about it. And as for uploading the room, once the CC flag is set, it will remain on the Gallery, so there wouldn't really be anything anyone could do. You just have to try to get a clean shot, which fortunately, you were able to do.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    awesome sauce thank you @BryonyRae
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited June 2016
    I saw something posted about this somewhere on this thread, but I can't seem to find it. I know the lot in Oasis Springs with the Rattlesnake Juice bar is buggy, but I leveled it with a swimming pool as was suggested and put my diner on it. But now the lot is listed as Generic and when I try to change the venue type, I get a message saying that it is disabled for special venues. What does that mean exactly? And is there a workaround?

Edit: I just placed the same diner on the same lot in another game. So far it is retaining the Restaurant designation, so maybe the problem in the other game is simply that that lot is buggy?
  • Options
    @StSciurus here is the thread on AHQ regarding the problem as well as a workaround for it. Hope it works for you!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you, @BryonyRae ! :D The workaround was successful.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it! :)
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    Speaking once more of the disappearance of works in the gallery. These works not really disappeared.. They are in the Gallery but hidden. Generally, most often you can't see the works between 1100 and 3000 downloads. Often between 20.000 - 50.000 downloads too. They are not in the creators directory.. They can be found only on a very small tags, most often personal tags. If someone doesn't have such a tag for his works, he actually will not be able to find them. Galeria is seriously broken for now.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes, @kreatora, I had noticed that the Gallery appears to have several glitches right now. It's not sorting properly by download count, the newest lots show up on a delayed basis when using the lots category (they show up when using "All"). I wasn't aware that lots were missing when searching by creator, but I'll tag @SimGuruArvin and @SimGuruNick so that maybe they can take a look.
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I noticed the other day when I tried to sort by "Packs Owned" that it continued to show works of Packs I don't own.
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I never used to put my name in the info on my builds, but I guess it's a good idea to start.
  • Options
    I just wanted to note that the Gallery issues are being looked at - see the AHQ thread. Evidently the delayed appearance of new items under certain categories is expected behavior.
  • Options
    The Gallery sorting seems to be fixed now. How about searching by creator @kreatora?
  • Options
    WilderDK1WilderDK1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Roof on half walls please
  • Options
    I still can't get it to sort by Packs Owned.
  • Options
    @sawdust I don't think there's ever been a way to sort by packs. However, there have been discussions in the past about the gallery showing items with pack content you don't own even if you have them unchecked. That's because if the item has any content you *do* own, it seems to override the exclusion. I'm thinking that this may be a purposeful design decision to try to aid creators in getting more visibility for their creations that may include pack content that not everyone has. Because the gallery does show you packs you don't have when you click on the item, the devs may feel like that's enough to help you skip a download you don't want. We can certainly ask about it though.

@WilderDK1 we did request that in December (from the 1st page index): "12/10/15 Please add a ceiling/roof type object to be used in conjunction with half walls so that they can be used as flat roofs"
  • Options
    It seems a little silly to me to have the option to filter by "Packs Owned" if it doesn't actually filter by Packs Owned. I fully support creators getting as much visibility as possible but it is redundant if I can't then download it because I don't have the pack. If it is a design decision I fail to see it having any advantage.
  • Options
    After the last update occurred a problem with the curtains. Some selectively turn blue. Someone discovered why this is happening?
    hxqunta7wp4t.png
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    @kreatora yes, we've documented it. It's a bug caused by the new lighting when a curtain is "snapped to" a window. You can work around it by placing the curtain first and then the window OR by placing the curtain below the window and then using CTRL+9 to raise it to the height you want.

@sawdust I understand your perspective. I've added it to our list.
  • Options
    @BryonyRae Thank you and sorry. I should first look in other places. I found the answer here but too late. Crinrict's Sims 4 Help Blog
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    @kreatora no apologies necessary. This is also a place for builders to come to find out about bugs. I'm happy to answer questions. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I want to note a problem with the way the game is marking (or in this case failing to mark) rooms as containing custom content in the case of wall art. This was brought to my attention in this thread.

If paintings or photos that have been designated as CC by the game are placed in a fully enclosed room or on a lot, the room or lot will be given the CC mark when saved to the Library. However, if the same artwork is placed on a wall that is not enclosed as a full room, that "room" will not be given the CC mark. If such artwork is downloaded from the Gallery and placed within a fully enclosed room or lot later, that fully enclosed room or lot will wind up getting marked if uploaded. This could lead to some very confusing situations for downloaders, where they think they've gotten CC free content and later attempt to use it, only to find that the game considers it CC after all.

Note that I am not commenting on whether the artwork is actually CC or not. Unfortunately, due to bugs we've had with photos and paintings by reference getting marked as CC when they are not CC, some are marked that shouldn't be. The bug causing this has been fixed for photos but not yet for paintings by reference, and I believe the gurus are aware of the status with it. My main focus here is on the fact that the current system has a problematic gap.

If you would like to see the bug in action, download a room called Restaurant wall art by Seamair1988. The room consists of a single wall and is not marked CC in the gallery. Place the room on a lot in your game and draw a full room that includes it. Attempt to save the room to your library, and you will see that it is designated as containing CC.
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
  • Options
    SakuraLeonSakuraLeon Posts: 272 Member
    Hi all, I was told to post this here.

I have an issue with walls disappearing while trying to use the half wall tool with windows. I have seen this problem posted on the Australian forums, but not sure if it is here.

Here are some pics to show what's wrong.

Before

105xmw4.jpg

And after I use the half wall tool

bjgack.jpg

This issue doesn't happen if I place a fence there instead. So the issue only seems to be with the half wall tool.

Extra notes. I have turned off cc and mods, and started a new game. The issue still persists.

I have also deleted my cache and repaired the game and the same issue happens.

Moving walls around, back or forward makes no difference.

Hope this can be resolved soon!

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited July 2016
    @BryonyRae I would like to pile onto @SakuraLeon query as I to have this issue, but mostly with overhangs, whether its a porch or a balcony, if the window/door is in an enclosed "room" (even though there arent 4 visible walls, or there are only half walls) for some reason the windows and doors behind it disappear - they are still there, but they dont show properly until I go down to that level.

ETA pictures
    O3eh08B.png
    aXcvkO6.png
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Yes, @Sakuralon and @Nectere, unfortunately this is an old graphics glitch that was fixed in the past but has come back in the most recent patch. We've let the gurus know, and I hope it will be fixed again soon.