Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @BryonyRae and @sooozeeebeee Thank you dear ladies for the work-aroud! :) Apologies for the late reply, I was so busy with my current build. Anyways, I'm going to tag @lisi_ja if she can work with your solution. :)

As I can tell, my Sims can even fish even with plants/rocks blocking the lake edges, and I can't tell more about her issue.
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    @sooozeeebeee and @RyeCris16 Thank you! Probably the issue is that there were plants blocking the path to the the sign as you said @sooozeeebeee . @RyeCris16 just told me that he had no issues blocking everything around a pond, but maybe it is a matter of how near you place your sign to the pond...
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Were you able to get it to work by moving those plants then @lisi_ja?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    Yes, @BryonyRae . It works if I leave enough space free around the fishing sign.
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    In my experience it's the sign that's important not the pond. It seems to me Sims will access fishing in relation to the sign. If that is inaccessible or is in the wrong spot then where your Sims stand to fish (or tries to stand) will be affected.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I have been very very very pleased with the all new build/buy updates. I dont really have anything to add except:

I can make an open landing at the top of the stairs but I cant at the bottom. I had some floating stairs I wanted to zigzag up the interior of a building in an enclosed but open well and it would let me wall off the top but not the bottom to make the well. In other words, you can place a fence at/on one end of your well to delete the floor but not on the other end to create a tight upper/ lower well of a multi story open stairwell. Well...does that make sense? I may have it backwards, but its a really deep subject of mine as Ive spent many hours working around the rules of roofing and open wells connected to walls....

Speaking of deep -

The fish tanks, omg they are still driving me insane. The stock options arent making sense. The big one for Dine Out is a saltwater tank, but the stock option is freshwater lake/river fish... gah. Saltwater vs freshwater stock option? (yes I know how to move them from one tank or personal inventory to another, one at a time...) I get that we got a cool new tank for the fresh catch of the day and I am thankful! - but still, its the wrong tank for the fish. No no it just cant be....they will all die!

Does anyone know if the yogurt bowls are fixed yet? One type starts off as clear glass but ends as a ceramic one while the other yogurt bowl starts and ends as a clear glass bowl.

Thank you @BryonyRae for all your diligent bug testing/reporting!
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    How come I cant put a fountain in a room and save it? How come I cant put a fountain inside a room? How come I cant save a fountain? Thats the real kicker there... I went and built a sweet fountain somewhere and wanted to take it somewhere else on another lot but I can not transport it and since I tinker on my test 64 lot, so yeah i cant just move the whole lot either. Doh!

Still wish we could have pools and fountains together since you can use half walls which are the same height of a fountain wall, just above instead of below.

Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Have never been able to draw fountains inside rooms unless you trick it. I think from memory you had to build a "fence room" inside, knock out the floor, put in the fountain and then delete the fence. Don't quote me on that as it's been a long time since I've done one. When all else failed, I would make a fake fountain. :)

I've never tried saving a fountain so didn't know they didn't save. A bit strange really as I know you can save pools as I saved my Australia shape pool to my Library. I would imagine anything around the pool wouldn't save only objects within the pool. I will have to go and try saving a fountain now. :)

I'm still trying to work out your stair problem @Nectere as I'm not sure I know your meaning. I imagine you would always have to have floor under the stairs even if you delete the floor on either side and of course the first landing would have to be accessible from elsewhere even if the rest of the landings were "floating".
  • Options
    Just did some testing and you need to delete the fence before placing the fountain when working inside. :)

Also found fountains don't register as a room for saving but I made a pool and placed some fountain objects and water jets in it, saved that to my Library then placed it and using the custom fountain tool, I could draw a fountain by replacing the pool and the objects in the pool remained.
  • Options
    @Nectere a picture of what you're trying to do would make it more clear to me; maybe of a real life interior with that stair arrangement? As for the fish, when I go to stock that aquarium, there is the option for salmon, which granted can also be found in rivers when it spawns, but is usually considered an ocean fish. I tend to think that even though the tank is named Sea Plus Aquarium, there is nothing else in its description that indicates that it was intended for specific types of fish. I don't think the devs were going for anything more than a look with it really. I think, if anything, they could add more ocean fish to the game that you could then choose to stock in any aquarium. It's not entirely clear, but looking through the debug fish, it appears that most are freshwater. Sims can't currently fish in the ocean though, right? So this may make more sense in some future pack/expansion that gives us a true beach with ocean activities (crosses fingers).
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    @Nectere - Is this what you mean about an open stairwell?

jaSvxvR.png
  • Options
    Thanks for addressing Nectere's questions, @sawdust. :)
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Sims can't currently fish in the ocean though, right? So this may make more sense in some future pack/expansion that gives us a true beach with ocean activities (crosses fingers).

@BryonyRae , I think Sims can fish on the beach on Windenburg Island. I've always assumed that was ocean, but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    There is some lighting funk with round foundations inside a room. (think well - I know deep subject)

When you make a perfectly round little fenced room sans floor and plop it into another room either the 'posts' are darker or if you use like the window shopping fence every other one is darker by magnitudes - not black but white vs brown kind of deal, like some are not getting light and some are.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I get what you mean about the floor under the stair - I mean kinda sorta what @Sawdust was doing, but connect that up to a wall.. Lemme show yas
    Ok here is the top well - all good and well
    9Lqu0ta.png

Here is the well below it which wont behave as I wish, its well below my standard of wellness
    uNKJV7V.png

Here is the floor (in redish) I wish was not in the misbehaving stairwell so that it looked like a swank-a-dank floating stairwell.
    TrL6ATb.png

But still as was pointed out, I cant even place the stair without the floor being there, I was just trying to cheat my way to semi sorta spiraling open well floating stair design inside of a structure by using fencing to make the well as I did at the top of the well. Like I said, you can fence off one end to make a well, but not the other end. To be clear the fencing sorta poofs when you place the stair - or if the stair is already there you can draw it and it doesnt appear to be there, but it has defined the space so you can delete the floor tiles you want. I dunno if I am making any sense yet but I included pics this time so theres that... :wink:

also it seems all of the white half wall trim still glows pretty predominantly in my game, also the most basic one in white sorta shows a line down the middle like the half wall is poking thru

Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    I think that should be an easy fix. Turn on MOO. Draw a fence along the area you want to delete except the 2 squares under the foot of the stairs. Remove the fence and drag those 2 squares back toward the landing. If you're not sure what I mean let me know and I'll copy your picture and show you that way. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Uh go ahead and show me via a picture cause I tried everything under the sun :blush: it always deletes the stairs or tells me I cant intersect the fence on that end.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure this should work but I didn't actually reproduce your room to make sure. I'm basing this on how I did the stairs in the other two pictures I posted.

Turn on MOO. Draw your fence where the blue and black lines are. Remove the floor under the higher part of the stairs. Remove the fence along the blue line. Drag the floor where the arrow is over the last two floor sections under the stairs.

That red area should now be floorless.

5k5hqov.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    It deletes the stairs when I do that. Did you try this in your game? And the error tooltip when I try to place the stairs is backwards, its not the top thats the issue, its the bottom.

The stairwell in question
    c0om4d5.png

The floor that needs to go cause it looks dumb with a tail like that dont you think? Wouldnt it look so much nicer if the floor met the stair there and created a nice floating stair and a nice neat well?
    8C8MvS2.png

Trying to trick it by stretching the stair over where I want it - see it turn red? Thats a nogo.
    7N7l0BL.png
    XuTFbvS.png

Looking down the well to give a visual of what I was trying to do in concept
    z17Exgp.png

Trying to stretch the floor over as requested, see the stairs turn bright green? (its really a deletion yellow) Thats a nogo
    xlTTlr1.png

Ok see where the black fences lines are in the pic below? Those were the tops of the stairs - the fence will allow you to draw across the top end of the stairs but not the bottom to make a stairwell. Hopefully this makes more sense.
    uv7ITkh.png

Post edited by Nectere on
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Are you removing the fence before dragging the small piece of floor? There can't be anything directly under the stairs otherwise it will interfere and delete the stairs. In the pictures you have that very small fence in place.

edit. I did leave off a line for the fence across the front of the bottom stairs which was preventing the floor to remain open when the fence was deleted but I have reproduced your room and have taken step by step pics which I will put in a tute but I will do it in the Aussie forum as it's much easier to post lots of pics over there without my thread getting bumped off. :)

I'll come back here later with a link. :)
    Post edited by sawdust on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    as soon as I do that the floor returns - the well is longer than the stairs due to the way I wanted it to step zigzag for routing - the well I am trying to create is is 8x2 squares in dimension in a stepped zig zag fashion using fencing to create the wells - the stairs themselves (with the tallest wall in this case) take up only 1x3 of those squares on their own so you have to use the fencing to create the full well. I cant wall off the front of the bottom step to complete the well.

I await your tutorial on how you accomplished this.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    This is the link for open stairwells.

I explain in the tute why the floor returned. That was my bad because originally I forgot to tell you to draw a piece of fence across the front of the bottom staircase. If the tute isn't clear at any point let me know please. :)
  • Options
    Welp, thats a bug. Now try doing that with the stairs I used. It doesnt work. "Modern Floating Stairway" or any other stairs except the ones you specifically used :wink:

So the stairs that look like floating stairs arent really floating, even the one that actually says "Floating" in the name - the stairs you used "Ladder-Like Stairway" are the only stairs you can accomplish what you did ... apparently? Please let me know your results as I wanted to use a specific set of stairs for my luxury resort with a specific design and well, it didnt go well but thats ok, the building itself as a whole turned out very well I think, and tall. hehe
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    I've been able to swap them out for other staircases including the Floating one which you used in your original picture. The picture below is the "Remarkable Staircase" (base game) that I used to create from scratch so I'm not sure why you can't do it. Are you remembering to turn Move Objects On? With the staircases that automatically fill in underneath, you will need to delete that part of the stair to begin with.

ScDeteZ.png