Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lord Of The Rings World DOWNLOAD IS UP!!!

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Downloaded...dinner just got cancelled at my house :lol:
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,728 Member
    Yes! Yes!
  • Options
    Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    edited May 2016
    Thank you so much @Alleenmens ☺️ I hope your reality contestants will have fun in Middle-Earth!
  • Options
    I'm thrilled to hear that @bekkasan :smiley::wink: Hope you won't get hungry though! Enjoy and Thank you for all the support :smiley:
  • Options
    Thank you so much @VeronicaForCuba :wink: Hope you'll enjoy!
  • Options
    Thank you so much @anetherron :smiley: Your golden ideas really helped! Especially the advice with "no visitors allowed' did the trick :blush: we found the routing issue stopped after applying some adjustments to the routing paint as well as some bridges :smiley:
  • Options
    Thank you @KarilynMonroe2 :smiley: The required EPs are Pets, Supernatural and World Adventures :blush:
  • Options
    Gaxili1 wrote: »
    Thank you so much @Alleenmens ☺️ I hope your reality contestants will have fun in Middle-Earth!

I've just downloaded it and it looks awesome... Hehe Just don't know who to start playing with... ;) And I'm sure the next people that going on a date will love to go on a date there... ;)
  • Options
    Everything is so cool! :smiley:
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @Gaxili1 Just downloaded and looking forward to taking a look around
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    I'm glad you guys got it sorted :). I've just downloaded... Bye! See you next year :P.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Thank you so very very much! I just downloaded and will probably testplay next week! I'll pass on the information it's finally available! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    edited May 2016
    It's wonderfull! :love: Oh @Galixi1 and Crowkeeperthesimmer, the work you've done! :relaxed: Thank you!

It took me about two hours to open after downloading, because the first time I opened the game I had forgotten to install the world itself, I was so exited :innocent: Now I think I need to buy once again a better computer, because it just couldn't run so big and detailed world :D But I managed to take some pictures! If you want to see more, here's.

Screenshot-44_zps29iwxgwd.jpg
    I just fell in love with Shire... Like I didn't like it already :D

Screenshot-74_zps6gwvwpes.jpg
    One little hobbit picking up strawberries...

Screenshot-51_zpsnbyxawtq.jpg
    And Rohan! I love how it shows up when moving around the map.

Screenshot-38_zpshfhsxjap.jpg
    The Mount Doom... Just throw the ring already!

If you want feedback, I found a mysterious half wall between the gates of Gondor when the Weather stone appeared there :D There was also some floating... something... in the Lake Town. You can hardly see the shadow on the picture under.

Screenshot-57_zpsldgh7oso.jpg
    Screenshot-69_zpsawnk563e.jpg
    Post edited by Silvakristiina on
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited May 2016
    AWESOME world @Gaxili1 ... it's fantastic to see all the familiar Middle-Earth locations in game!!! :) You and Crowkeeper make a fabulous creative team!!!

I thought I'd share a few screenshots starring my new sim inspired by your LOTR world:
    Exploring Bree:

Nakgu20at20Bree20a.jpg

An orc having fun? ;)

Nakgu20havin20fun20b.jpg

Laketown looks great!!!

Nakgu20at20Laketown.jpg

By the way I've spotted some trouble brewing under the Northern Bridge Laketown that may need looking at.

Nakgu20trouble20under20the20northern20bridge.jpg

Looking very much forward to exploring more of this wonderful world right now :) ... but I also can't wait to see Middle-Earth in all it's glory when you eventually upload the final version :)
    Post edited by Hidehi on
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,668 Member
    It looks amazing!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    @Gaxili1 The world is just amazing. You and Crowkeeper did a fantastic job. I have a few pics to share of my sims trek through your world and a couple of issues I noted and thought you might want to know about. This is Brianna one of the elves I made for your world and Myst. Since the world is so large I wanted to see how travel via horse would go. They mostly stayed on the paths, but would occasionally stray off the paths to get to the next destination. I did have a problem with one of the bridges and everyone (Brianna, Myst, a couple of paparazi and the luckless tourist pictured below) ended up in the water, but, I forgot to take a picture of the area for you. Will do that tomorrow if I can recreate it. :)

26703552641_7b88ca5d78_c.jpg

Crossing the mountains was one of the places they would get off the pathway, but, they still made it across the mountains.
    26539096240_fda81b9dd6_c.jpg

This boulder sits right in the pathway and my sim and horse just passed right through it. Freaky! :)
    26236032804_7f11e10cc3_c.jpg

My horse got stuck inside this tree/building, but, my sim couldn't enter it. I reset my horse and then teleported her back to me and next thing I knew this little guy comes running out of the tree/building.
    26236032444_edc7e7fbed_c.jpg
    He is a Chinese tourist. I forgot to disable tourists in my mods.
    26236031984_ed9ca5a114_c.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics I've taken in the world. I'm really excited about it and looking forward to the final version.
    26811464945_b48e807523_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I am so impressed with this world. The amount of work you guys put in is just astounding! I thought I'd have a look at your routing, though, as you had that lag problem. I found quite a few problem spots. I hope you don't mind but I made a pdf for you of the ones I could find (it was a quick look, so I'm sure there are more). Everywhere you see a spot like this (spots and sections that are unconnected to the rest): 65082_150510113019RoutingC.png
    will cause lag as sims want to go there, but can't. Also, areas where rocks are placed on paths will cause problems as sims' routing choices become restricted to one little routing 'line'. It causes bottlenecks, essentially.

The best way to find these problems is to check your routing with objects, terrain, and fogging unchecked in your View options in CAW.

Here's the pdf: MErouting

The usual problem areas are; anywhere where a lot of decorative objects are clustered together (like rocks or trees/plants), along the edges of your sims-nonroutable paint, where decorative objects are close to lots, and where paths run close to decorative objects. Usually, these problems can be resolved by moving the guilty decorative objects (as opposed to dabbing on nonroutable paint, which will resolve in no-go areas in your terrain players might have wanted to build on).

Another potential error spot is where large decorative objects, like rocks, are right next to houses/lots. These objects have non-routing 'footprints' (the red outline boxes) that sometimes overlap onto the lot. This will cause spots on the lot where the sims cannot go.

I hope this helps! Seriously though - this world rocks! :P
    Post edited by anetherron on
  • Options
    I agree this world is amazing... I can't believe how much effort and detail you put into this... It's awesome! <3
  • Options
    Details like this is why I want to be you when I grow up: screenshot-149.jpg
  • Options
    Did you guys set the wild horses to all be gorgeous white beauties? Normally wild horses are ugly freaks of nature LOL. They are stunning!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @anetherron I had that particular question a lot going thru the world. I'm awed and wish I had a smidgen of that talent.
  • Options
    I know right? I am humbled, awed and jealous all at once! :D:p;)
  • Options
    Ok, not a critique - just a suggestion. I'm not so overly fond of the very red-red lighting effects. Is it possible to tone it down a bit? Make it a bit more natural? I removed the lighting file to see what it looks like, and yes, the world is too bright without it. It doesn't have the same 'close' atmosphere. But it really is a bit red (and yellow) sometimes. With the draw-fog the mountains in the distance become a solid, glowing red (or yellow, depending on time of day).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top