Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lord Of The Rings World DOWNLOAD IS UP!!!

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    This world is absolutely beautiful! I hope you continue and complete it. I look forward to being able to play in it.

I'm glad you're trying to avoid CC. Although I do use CC in my game, I try to control what I get. I have those TSM statues, and they look great in your world. :) (I mostly want to avoid CAS CC, as it can bork toddlers and children if the CC is incorrectly created.)
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    @bobdole777 I've downloaded your sims but keep getting the yellow warning that i'm missing EP's or Stuff Packs. Can you say which are the most important? I would like to try to play without everything installed. Thanks!
  • bobdole777bobdole777 Posts: 105 Member
    If you are missing some expansion packs then stuff like clothing or hair will be different and need to be changed. That is it.
    bobdole777 wrote: »
    If you are missing some expansion packs then stuff like clothing or hair will be different and need to be changed. That is it.
    Yes. Thank you.
    About Elves. What do you all think? Does it make more sense to create Elves who are Fairies or Witches or no supernatural life-state at all? I haven't played much with supernatural life-states but seeing Elves with wings didn't seem right so I installed a no fairy wing mod, but they still fly. Do Elves fly? I looked around for an Elf mod but didn't find anything. What do you think? What if they are human, can they still do some magic using the spell book, or can only witches use it? Thanks!
    edited May 2016
    Hey, am I the only one on here? LOL. I guess everyone is busy playing. Anyway, I have an issue!!! I made a home for the trolls and shared it to the exchange but discovered that it is not placeable in the lot where I built it. I believe it is because the trees that are on the lot will not delete because they were placed in CAW, not it edit town. As long as those trees are on that lot you can build on the lot but not place a build there. I have tried to delete the trees but they behave like objects placed outside of lots. I ran into this issue when I was building my world. Thought you might like to know, as I'm sure there are other lots that will have the same issue. it is the first lot outside of Rivendale. 39x34. I also cannot delete the lot and place a new one there. Here is the lot I made. It's an underground cave. You can use it in the world if you would like to. http://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8912806
    Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @KarilynMonroe2 I've run into that a few times and have a couple pics I will post when I get a minute so they can see the problem spots and hopefully fix them for the next version. The lot sizes are so diverse and the terrain so unique that it will be hard to put something you build somewhere else though.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @KarilynMonroe2 I've run into that a few times and have a couple pics I will post when I get a minute so they can see the problem spots and hopefully fix them for the next version. The lot sizes are so diverse and the terrain so unique that it will be hard to put something you build somewhere else though.

Yes, i found that. Maybe I'm just way ahead of myself, but since i have been going house to house and furnishing them for bobdole777's wonderful sims, I would like to be able to save the households and place them in the finished world rather than start completely over with furnishing the houses. :)
  • SakurachaSakuracha Posts: 81 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »

Yes, i found that. Maybe I'm just way ahead of myself, but since i have been going house to house and furnishing them for bobdole777's wonderful sims, I would like to be able to save the households and place them in the finished world rather than start completely over with furnishing the houses. :)

@KarilynMonroe2
    I made my elves vampires since they live longer than the other races. The downside about that is that most of the eleven homes have windows and arches/spaces in the top walls. I would say that fairies make the most sense since they relate to nature. I didn't like the wings or lifespan but it's your choice.

Anyway as I said before, I love this world :). I've started playing and didn't realize that there wouldn't be any furniture. I'll be waiting for that the most since I didn't know where to put anything because of the confusing construction. So I'll just create some generations first and get all of the races settled in and port them once the finished world comes out. Keep up with the good work! ~
  • SakurachaSakuracha Posts: 81 Member
    I would also like to mention that for the mira tirth palace, my king and queen keep diving into the fountains while they are starving to death :(. I don't want to delete the fountain eithet.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I haven't played much of the world lately, due to other games, but I'm still happily awaiting the next version/release of the world! :)
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    Thank you for all your support guys! This project has not been abandoned and I suggest visiting crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com for latest updates :blush:
  • MelianSimsMelianSims Posts: 10 New Member
    Just downloaded the world yesterday, and as Murfee has already said elsewhere, it TRULY is absolutely STUNNING! Really, and truly WOW! Can't wait to see it when it's finished. I'm impatient, but I now that it is definitely worth the wait.

I absolutely love you guys for making this. It is truly breathtaking. Can't stress that enough!
  • ModestSimmerModestSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    I've downloaded it today and WOW just WOW! It looks so super duper amazing I have no words for it except WOW! The water is black btw is that normal?
    MelianSims wrote: »
    Just downloaded the world yesterday, and as Murfee has already said elsewhere, it TRULY is absolutely STUNNING! Really, and truly WOW! Can't wait to see it when it's finished. I'm impatient, but I now that it is definitely worth the wait.

I absolutely love you guys for making this. It is truly breathtaking. Can't stress that enough!

Thank you so much for your kind words! Glad you enjoy :smiley:
    I've downloaded it today and WOW just WOW! It looks so super duper amazing I have no words for it except WOW! The water is black btw is that normal?

Thank you so much for the lovely words! :smiley: The water should not be black, do you have all the specific EP's mentioned in the first post and did you include the custom content? :blush:
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i am not really a LOTR fan but this project is simply AMAZING :open_mouth:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    I'm having some trouble with this world.. Or rather, because of this world. Again I live it, it's beautiful, but ever since I installed it, all my other worlds has gone red. As in, the light makes everything turn a shade of red, which is really annoying.
    I tried to uninstall the world, but it just keeps showing up. It didn't say uninstall in the launcher, so I just delete the file, but the world is still in the game and everything is still red /:

Can anyone help me to fix it?
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm having some trouble with this world.. Or rather, because of this world. Again I live it, it's beautiful, but ever since I installed it, all my other worlds has gone red. As in, the light makes everything turn a shade of red, which is really annoying.
    I tried to uninstall the world, but it just keeps showing up. It didn't say uninstall in the launcher, so I just delete the file, but the world is still in the game and everything is still red /:

Can anyone help me to fix it?

You need to take the Middle earth lightning mod out from your mod folder... Then it will be fine... ;) Although you uninstall the world the lightning mod is still there...
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    You need to take the Middle earth lightning mod out from your mod folder... Then it will be fine... ;) Although you uninstall the world the lightning mod is still there...

It worked, thanks! (:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the Middle Earth world work and look properly, without the lightning mod affecting the other worlds? I really want to use this world, it's so breathtakingly beautiful, but I don't want to mess up my other worlds /:
    edited September 2016
    Alleenmens wrote: »

It worked, thanks! (:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the Middle Earth world work and look properly, without the lightning mod affecting the other worlds? I really want to use this world, it's so breathtakingly beautiful, but I don't want to mess up my other worlds /:

Hi! Thank you for the kind words :smiley: In the final version of Middle Earth the red lighting is removed :smiley: You can still install the world just as you did the first time but this time remove this file and it should work :wink:
    el9pch.png

Please do reply in case you need any help whatsoever :smiley: Have a great night!
    Gaxili1 wrote: »

Thank you so much for the lovely words! :smiley: The water should not be black, do you have all the specific EP's mentioned in the first post and did you include the custom content? :blush:

thnx for the response. I didn't get any notification so that's why I'm so late replying
    Omg I typed a lot more than just that.. anyway haha The water is normal when I zoom in so I guess some lighting mod I have.. I'll start a supernatural Let's play on my YouTube channel soon and I would love to use middle earth for it! I hope you'll finish it soon. I'm creating all the characters for my Let's play I'll add a picture of my elf/fairy queen if it'll let me..
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I too would like to know if the final version of this world will be ready soon. :)
    I am so super thrilled about this!! If there is anything I can do to help let me know! I'm already getting all these ideas for the population that I'll use for the Let's play and all different kinds of challenges and skills and stuff I can do make it seem like a total new game.. I'm soooo excited!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top