Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lord Of The Rings World DOWNLOAD IS UP!!!

Comments

• bobdole777bobdole777 Posts: 105 Member
    This looks amazing. Thanks a lot for doing this. What expansion packs will I need so I can get started downloading them?
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    Sims 3 Lord Of The Rings World Update & Expansion Packs needed
    Hi everyone! First of all thank you for your patience and support - It is such a delight and a great motivation for Crowkeeper and I to keep going :wink: Recently a lot of users has asked us what expansion packs will be required in order to install Middle Earth properly after release :smiley:

Required Expansion Packs:
    World Adventures, Pets, Super Natural

Store Content:
    None

Custom Content: Yes, but only a small amount (All included in the download)

NEW RELEASE DATE

Also as some of you might know, we were planning to release Middle Earth on December 25th. Due to important school finals and major life changes, we are going to have to delay the project. We are getting really close to finish it all but won't risk not being able to make it on exactly December 25rd - We want to make a quality world rather than rushing the project so it is more realistic that the world will be released in the beginning of 2016 instead! Hope everyone understands and happy holidays! :blush:
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited December 2015
    Oh noes...

I've been good for so long so as to stay off Santa's naughty list - and it hasn't been easy. But this was the one thing I could be persuaded to behave myself for.

Will I have to stay off the Easter Bunny's naughty list, too? :(

j/k - I'm sure it will be great whenever you release it :wink: Happy Holidays to you.
    Post edited by ratsrbest on
    Don't feed the trolls
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Gaxili1 wrote: »
    Sims 3 Lord Of The Rings World Update & Expansion Packs needed
    Hi everyone! First of all thank you for your patience and support - It is such a delight and a great motivation for Crowkeeper and I to keep going :wink: Recently a lot of users has asked us what expansion packs will be required in order to install Middle Earth properly after release :smiley:

Required Expansion Packs:
    World Adventures, Pets, Super Natural

Store Content:
    None

Custom Content: Yes, but only a small amount (All included in the download)

NEW RELEASE DATE

Also as some of you might know, we were planning to release Middle Earth on December 25th. Due to important school finals and major life changes, we are going to have to delay the project. We are getting really close to finish it all but won't risk not being able to make it on exactly December 25rd - We want to make a quality world rather than rushing the project so it is more realistic that the world will be released in the beginning of 2016 instead! Hope everyone understands and happy holidays! :blush:

I've been playing around in CAW for two months just revising an empty RH for myself. I definitely understand needing to postpone the release as I keep making changes and then remaking them to make them better and I'm not dealing with a world from scratch. Good luck with finals and life changes and hope you have a wonderful holiday season and look forward to the New Year and your world whenever it is ready. :)
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    I'm adding new LOTR sims in my studio. I'll keep waiting for this release.
  • SakurachaSakuracha Posts: 81 Member
    Are you adding pre-made sims or a link to download them?(sorry if you mentioned this before) :)
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    I don't think Galaxi1 is prepopulating this world. Here are the links to my sims if you're interested. I don't use CC items, except for extended sliders. I do use a lot of store content.

Aragorn and Arwen: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8816801
    Gollum: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6867334
    Sam Gamgee and Rosie Cotton: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6867386
    Tom and Goldberry Bombadil: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8626387
    Galadriel and Celeborn: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8627405
    Wizards of Middle Earth (Gandalf, Saruman and Radaghast): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8628027
    Theoden, Eomer and Eowyn: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8819921
  • FawnFoxFawnFox Posts: 360 Member
    Wooowwwwww. I am the biggest LOTR fan, I couldn't explain how much I love it haha. So this is super exciting to discover. I can't believe how beautiful this world is. I will be eagerly following until the release date. Keep up the fantastic work guys! :):)

2afmmf5.jpg

• pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    ratsrbest wrote: »
    Oh noes...

I've been good for so long so as to stay off Santa's naughty list - and it hasn't been easy. But this was the one thing I could be persuaded to behave myself for.

Will I have to stay off the Easter Bunny's naughty list, too? :(

j/k - I'm sure it will be great whenever you release it :wink: Happy Holidays to you.

Where is the LOL button when you need one?

tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • cheymatcheymat Posts: 46 Member
    I am loving the pics of this world! You all have done an amazing job and i cant wait for it to be released!
    edited January 2016
    @bobdole777
    Required Expansion Packs: World Adventures, Pets, Super Natural :wink:

@ratsrbest
    Hehe loved your post, made me giggle :P Seems you made it off the Easter Bunny's naughty list as the world progress is really moving on now! A late happy holidays to you too and thanks for staying tuned :blush:

@bekkasan
    Thank you so much for the support Bekkasan, means a lot :smiley: Crowkeepers exams went well and I had a daughter the 23rd of December - which is the main reason for the delay! Now we're back to working on the world and hopefully be able to release it soon :smile:

@Clayworld
    Awesome! Remind me to stop by your studio when the world is finished!

@Sakuracha
    The world will be empty in the beta version but we are planning on making a list of realistic looking LOTR characters for The Sims 3 - So we might be able to guide you to your favorite lotr people for the game :wink: And Clayworld's LOTR simmers are certainly great too!

@FawnFox
    Thank you so much Fawn! We're getting close now :smiley:

@cheymat
    Thank you so much! We are getting there soon :wink:
    @Gaxili1 Congrats and what a wonderful life changing event!!
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    @Gaxili1 - very many Congratulations. So happy for you.

Rather relieved for me too ;)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • FawnFoxFawnFox Posts: 360 Member
    @Gaxili1 Congratulations! That's such lovely news :) Don't stress yourself out about the world too much! Enjoy your daughter and the time you have with her, we'll wait patiently ;)

2afmmf5.jpg

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Congratulations on your new daughter :)
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    Awesome. .. Congrats and enjoy the new life in your family. . :)
  • cheymatcheymat Posts: 46 Member
    Congrats on the new daughter! And thank you for taking time out to provide us with an update. I know you didn't have too.
  • deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    impressive ! how do you do the sculpting like that? is it all handcrafted or do you use terrain maps? either way, well Done!
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
    @bekkasan Thank you so much! Life changing indeed, currently I am determined to finish this project with Crowkeeper as promised :blush: So I have her on one arm and my computer mouse in the other.

@ratsrbest Thank you so much :wink:

@FawnFox Thank you so much Fawn :smiley: I have a year with her so there should be lots of time luckily :wink:

@phoebebebe13 Thank you Phoebe :blush:

@Alleenmens Thank you Aleen :wink:

@cheymat Thank you so much Cheymat :D No problem, have to finish what you started right? :smiley: Me and crowkeeper are working hard to finish the world these days.

@deadhaus123 Hi deadhaus - thank you so much :smiley: I used a premade terrain but the sculpting like the misty mountains I did by hand :smiley: I don't really have a tutorial for it though as it is mostly freehand.. The sculpting in Mordor is by Crowkeeper :blush:

edited January 2016
    WORLD UPDATE
    Crowkeeper and I are so close to finishing our beta version of this world so thought I might share some progress here :smiley:
    tumblr_o1ts94giXc1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_o1gds4nQrn1tep20co5_1280.png
    tumblr_o1i5gmgQsO1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_o1gdq4rVGZ1tep20co4_1280.png
    tumblr_o1erpiFVLz1useog9o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nxumbb52Kd1tep20co4_1280.png
    tumblr_nwqdeu4Wlr1tep20co5_540.png
    tumblr_nv8x4nvivO1tep20co4_1280.png
    tumblr_nvn62iEnGC1useog9o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nud49htYzo1tep20co4_1280.png

and much more!

Map pictures:
    tumblr_o1ttcgww3h1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co2_1280.png
    tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co6_1280.png
    tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co7_1280.png
    tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co9_1280.png
    tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co8_1280.png
    tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co10_1280.png
    tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co5_1280.png
    tumblr_o1ts752Lss1tep20co3_1280.png
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    Wow! It's amazing! <3
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Amazing :)
    I love seeing the pics and am so looking forward to walking in your world. :smiley:
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Simply stunning! The world looks beautiful.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    This is simply unbelievable! My jaw is on the floor.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top